PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Note on Moss to GB

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2007, 11:56 PM
From the San Fran Chronicle:

Winners and losers near the end of the Oakland Raiders' first day of the NFL Draft.

Winner: LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, taken with the first overall pick, which comes with instant fame and lots of money.

Loser: Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss, whose agent could not pull off a deal that would have sent him to the Green Bay Packers. Money was the main hangup, and a deal could still happen Sunday.

Tony Oday
04-28-2007, 11:58 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on something just happen either way so I can stop watching!!!! This is li eht enews during sweeps!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 12:03 AM
The bad news is that NE drafts two spots ahead of GB in round 4, so that doesn't bode well--if the two teams are vying for Moss.

Partial
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
The bad news is that NE drafts two spots ahead of GB in round 4, so that doesn't bode well--if the two teams are vying for Moss.

4th and a 6th hopefully!

I just don't see how NE can get that done. That is going to really tighten up the purse strings.

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 12:16 AM
I agree...we have so many 7th rounders, we can make up the 2 picks in the 4th with ease by tossing in some later picks.

Thompson needs to get Moss now. Everything he has done so far seemingly has been done with the thought in mind that Moss was a real possibility. Now that day one has gone by without any offensive playmakers being acquired, Thompson needs to prove he is capable of doing what is necessary to improve this team.

Oakland is ready to move him...get it done! I still think Green Bay has the best chance of getting Moss, but I agree that NE pisses the hell out of me. However, their interest just makes me even more confident that Moss will be a hell of an acquisition.

Get it done.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree...we have so many 7th rounders, we can make up the 2 picks in the 4th with ease by tossing in some later picks.

Thompson needs to get Moss now. Everything he has done so far seemingly has been done with the thought in mind that Moss was a real possibility. Now that day one has gone by without any offensive playmakers being acquired, Thompson needs to prove he is capable of doing what is necessary to improve this team.

Oakland is ready to move him...get it done! I still think Green Bay has the best chance of getting Moss, but I agree that NE pisses the hell out of me. However, their interest just makes me even more confident that Moss will be a hell of an acquisition.

Get it done.

AMEN

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 06:43 AM
I realy hate to say this but I think Moss may not be a Packer. TT doesn't seem real interested in getting this trade done. :(

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 07:30 AM
I realy hate to say this but I think Moss may not be a Packer. TT doesn't seem real interested in getting this trade done. :(

James Jones(Moss * PATs) = X

X = Moss/JJ * Pats
X = Go figure.....

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Can we just get it done already????

retailguy
04-29-2007, 08:16 AM

I just don't think it's happening. Never did, still don't.

MateoInMex
04-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Judging public sentiment on chat boards, and fans who attended the draft; if TT doesn't get some instant offensive production before training camp..fans will go irate.

Personally, I see TT holding out in hopes of giving up less for Moss.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 08:45 AM
So has anyone heard anything?

packinpatland
04-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Do we really have the kind of money it would take to get Moss?

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Do we really have the kind of money it would take to get Moss?

Yes we have the money, but he would still have to restructure because he really isn't worth 10 mil. Right now we have about 14 mil - 5mil for rookies, that leaves about 8mil - 9mil left over.

KYPack
04-29-2007, 09:08 AM

Neither do I.

I saw a report on NFL Network couple weeks before the draft. It stated that Oakland can save 7 million by cutting Moss. So one way to look at the deal is Oak can "buy" another 4th round pick for 7 million.

Is that worth it?

I don't think so.

When you figure that money comes out of Al Davis' pocket, I think Moss gets cut. If Al does buy the 4th rounder & trades Moss, I think NE will be the team that trades the pick to get the deal done.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM

Ditto