PDA

View Full Version : Another JWalk trade rumor

Sparkey
04-28-2006, 03:57 PM
News Coming Directly From John Clayton To Me Heres the scoop, I went to ESPN Zone, and have a nice little conversation with Johnnie Boy! He said that he had just gotten off the phone with Walker's Agent, and they have decided to cancel the meeting with New England later today, because he is in contract negotiations with Denver. He said the compensation for Walker right now looks like:

- 2nd Round Pick

- 4th Round Pick

- Player

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Jump on it!

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Which EZ?

FavreChild
04-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Why, zig? So you can accost Clayton there?

After all, he is your boy. :wink:

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
It's a nice deal and I won't be too disappointed considering what we'd get if we let him hit UFA but it's not full value for Javon.

packrulz
04-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Make it a 2nd and a 3rd & they can keep the player, (Lelie).

Sparkey
04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Make it a 2nd and a 3rd & they can keep the player, (Lelie).

The player is supposedly not Lelie as Green Bay has absolutely no interest in Ashley Lelie in any way.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I'd take that.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Why, zig? So you can accost Clayton there?

After all, he is your boy. :wink:

I think he and I should have a little conversation about journalistic integrity. I promise to leave my club in the car (unless I really need to bring my point across--sometimes they don't listen when you use your words).

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 04:19 PM
The nice thing about Walker's big mouth is that he keeps us updated minute by minute as to what is happening with his situation.

I have a feeling Walker blew them away with his physical condition and the strength of his knee.

Walker is a very hard worker and an elite athlete. He's a big loss but any team that takes a look at him is going to be drooling. It doesn't surprise me Denver is upping the offer. I think a 2nd and 3rd is about right for Javon in this situation. He's worth more but you never get full value in this situation.

Sparkey
04-28-2006, 04:23 PM
The nice thing about Walker's big mouth is that he keeps us updated minute by minute as to what is happening with his situation.

I have a feeling Walker blew them away with his physical condition and the strength of his knee.

Walker is a very hard worker and an elite athlete. He's a big loss but any team that takes a look at him is going to be drooling. It doesn't surprise me Denver is upping the offer. I think a 2nd and 3rd is about right for Javon in this situation. He's worth more but you never get full value in this situation.

Latest I heard is the 2nd would be the early second they received from SanFrancisco, which would mean Green Bay would have back to back picks early in the second.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 04:24 PM
That's pretty nice.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 04:31 PM
From kffl:

Broncos | Need to come up with a better offer for J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:12:32 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Denver Broncos are interested in Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker, but they need to improve their offer to have a chance to acquire him. The Packers probably don't want WR Ashley Lelie of the Broncos in a trade so Denver will have to do some scrambling to pull off a deal for Walker.

Packers | Not looking good for Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:09:46 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it does not appear the Green Bay Packers will be trading WR Javon Walker before the NFL Draft. The Packers won't settle for just a second-round pick. The New Orleans Saints showed some interest in Walker but don't except a trade there. The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots are in the background but the price might be tough to meet.

swede
04-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Holy cow!

Culpepper only got a 2nd.

Considering the situation this is great. One can not underestimate how important it is to get rid of this kind of lockerroom distraction.

I suppose this will look cheap if JWalk returns to Probowl form, but Denver would be taking some risks here also.

More picks! And a pick that could be traded for even more picks!

Fritz
04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Darn it, if you can get a second and fourth - and a player (say, an offensive guard who knows the zone scheme...) then DO IT. If you don't this will only turn out badly for all involved.

packrulz
04-28-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't think it's impossible to bring Walker back, he came back last year. Most of the trash talk lately has been from his gold digging stepdad. But, a 2nd & a 3rd would be cool in a deep draft.

CyclonePackFan
04-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Darn it, if you can get a second and fourth - and a player (say, an offensive guard who knows the zone scheme...) then DO IT. If you don't this will only turn out badly for all involved.

I think I saw somewhere that Denver was considering putting their center on the block...maybe it was a guard...

OS PA
04-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Lol time to play "Think Like Tank"

Packers send 3rd/4th/Walker to Broncos for 4th/2nd/Ian Gold

Back to reality.

I'll miss Walker's playmaking, but i'd be happy to get a low 4th, the 38th pick, and a player (Back-up at best).

GoPackGo
04-28-2006, 04:50 PM
ship him to the AFC! i don't want a trade with philly

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Walker in Denver, still hoping for trade

Disgruntled Packers receiver Javon Walker was still in Denver this afternoon and remained hopeful that a trade out of Green Bay could be worked out before the draft begins Saturday morning.
“Iââ⠀šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢m hopeful,” agent Fletcher Smith said Friday afternoon. “Iââ⠀šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢m cautiously optimistic, anyway.”

Walker, who has said he wants out of Green Bay, visited the New Orleans Saints and then flew to Denver. Walker also wanted to visit the New England Patriots, but it appears the Packers may have blocked that.

“The Packers are leading the charge on that,” Smith said. “I don’t know what’s going to happen with New England.”

The Packers likely are asking for a first-round draft pick for Walker, but it’s unlikely they will get that. They might be willing to settle for a second-round pick and perhaps a player or another draft pick.

OS PA
04-28-2006, 05:14 PM
It makes perfect sense to me why the Broncos are willing to sell the farm for Walker. They are one puzzle piece away from a superbowl. That puzzle piece is a pro-bowl wide-reciever.

TT Milking them for all they have is great. =)

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 05:18 PM
If they're talking three way trade (I can't find that thread), How 'bout Walker to Denver, Lelie to NO and Stallworth to the Pack with the picks from Denver?

From si:

According to an NFL source, the Broncos brought in receiver Javon Walker on Thursday for a visit, but the Packers' demands may be too high. Detroit quarterback Joey Harrington has been on Denver's radar, but he has made it clear he wants to play in Miami. Denver also is likely to continue to shop receiver Ashley Lelie, who has asked to be traded. New Orleans receiver Donte' Stallworth and Detroit receiver Charles Rogers are likely to be available if Denver is interested.
-- Denver Post

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I would LOVE to see us get that early 2nd round pick and then anything else after that I think is bonus. This is a very good draft year to have these 2nd rounders.

JW has a tremendous amount of upside potential, but right now after one good year and a blown ACL, it is only that - potential. The crappy attitude subtracts from some of that. Take the picks and move on.

I think TT has handled this well. Even if no deal is made, he has avoided getting into any war of words which would allow JW to come back if no deal is made.

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I think TT has handled this well. Even if no deal is made, he has avoided getting into any war of words which would allow JW to come back if no deal is made.

I agree. And remember, the pressure is on WALKER to agree to a longterm deal with prospective new team, that could just as easily be the stumbling block. Walker may not be seeing the sort of offers he had in mind. Thompson only has say over one year, 2006. No team would trade draft picks for one year from a gimpy WR.

I hope Walker thinks that Thompson is acting fairly, that would be good step.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Walker in Denver, still hoping for trade

Disgruntled Packers receiver Javon Walker was still in Denver this afternoon and remained hopeful that a trade out of Green Bay could be worked out before the draft begins Saturday morning.
“Iââ⠀šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢m hopeful,” agent Fletcher Smith said Friday afternoon. “Iââ⠀šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢m cautiously optimistic, anyway.”

Walker, who has said he wants out of Green Bay, visited the New Orleans Saints and then flew to Denver. Walker also wanted to visit the New England Patriots, but it appears the Packers may have blocked that.

“The Packers are leading the charge on that,” Smith said. “I don’t know what’s going to happen with New England.”

The Packers likely are asking for a first-round draft pick for Walker, but it’s unlikely they will get that. They might be willing to settle for a second-round pick and perhaps a player or another draft pick.

What would be the thought of this

Trading:

J-walk and a 3rd

For:

Both of Denvers 2nds

Rastak
04-28-2006, 05:35 PM
from profootballtalk.com

RONCOS HOLD WALKER IN DENVER

A league source tells us that the Broncos persuaded receiver Javon Walker not to hop a plane on Friday afternoon to New England in the hopes of striking a deal that would send the 2002 first-rounder to Denver.

Per the source, however, the Packers are still holding out for a first-round pick.

There also are reports of a possible three-team deal that would deliver Walker to Denver, but in our view there's simply not enough time to make it happen, especially with Walker wanting a new deal worth $10 million to $12 million in guaranteed money, as we hear it.

And why in the hell did the Packers wait so long to try to kick-start trade discussions? It's not as if the various interested teams don't have other things to worry about. Frankly, it makes us wonder whether Walker is behind schedule in rehabilitating his torn ACL, and that the Packers wanted to compress the total amount of time that teams would have to poke and prod the thing.

K-town
04-28-2006, 05:54 PM
How's this?
Trade back from the 5th spot to the 7th (Oakland desperately goes for either Leinart or Young) and get a 2nd round pick.
Trade Javon Walker to the Aints and get Donte Stallworth and THEIR 2nd round pick. We keep our 2nd round pick, of course.
That would give us the 7th, 34th, 36th and 37th picks in this year's draft (please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong on the picks in the second round).
So, at number 7 we get Hawk or Davis, plus with three second round picks, we can get:
Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma and/or
A quality linebacker (Carpenter, Ryans, Jackson, etc.) and/or
A quality running back (Addai or Maroney will probably fall out of round one)
and/or
A second tier QB (Croyle?) and/or
The fabled "Best PLayer Available" who slid out of the first round.
I can see Mel Kiper and his hair going into polysyllabic ecstacies about
how "the Packers staged the greatest draft coup since...."
Okay. Time to come back from my happy place and rejoin reality.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 09:28 PM
from PFT:

WALKER GOES HOME

After trips to New Orleans and Denver, receiver Javon Walker is heading home.

Opting not to follow through on a visit to New England after the Broncos previously persuded him to delay his visit, Walker is (we're told) tired or traveling.

Meanwhile, we hear that the Saints, Broncos, and Pats are each offering up a second-round pick for Walker. Green Bay is still insisting on a first-rounder.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 09:30 PM
from PFT:

WALKER GOES HOME

After trips to New Orleans and Denver, receiver Javon Walker is heading home.

Opting not to follow through on a visit to New England after the Broncos previously persuded him to delay his visit, Walker is (we're told) tired or traveling.

Meanwhile, we hear that the Saints, Broncos, and Pats are each offering up a second-round pick for Walker. Green Bay is still insisting on a first-rounder.

Take the Saints offer!!!

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 09:34 PM
Take the Broncos offer and get him out of the conference. They have the niners 2nd right. I think it woul dbe well worth the 2 spots to get him out of the NFC, especially if the Saints get Bush. They would be pretty f-ing good with Walker and Horn.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Screw that! Take the higher pick. The Saints are diseased. Make him suffer there.

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Screw that! Take the higher pick. The Saints are diseased. Make him suffer there.

Harv we're talking about 2 picks difference so that we don't have to play against him. The Saints actually look like a somewhat dangerous team on paper. If they take Bush they'll have a top 5-10 offense. With Walker, Horn and Stallworth they would have the best WRs in the league, and I think Drew Brees would do quite well with that to work with considering what he did in SD with only one legitimate receiving threat (not name LT). What i fthey beat us this year because of a few plays walker makes, sickening. Get him to the Broncos and make it someone elses pain in the ass.

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 09:48 PM
It is really amazing how Walker's value has increased so much in the last few weeks. A couple weeks ago some of you were saying that you would be happy with a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I've always felt we should not trade him for less than a 2nd. This is the reason why. You trade when somebody has value. A few weeks ago teams were said to be offering midround picks.

Then again, these are all rumors. The only concrete offers that have been reported are Ashley Lelie + 6th round pick (yuck!) and Hollis Thomas + 6th round pick (complete garbage!)

On a side note: why would the Eagles even bother offering Hollis Thomas + 6th round pick?

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 10:15 PM
On a side note: why would the Eagles even bother offering Hollis Thomas + 6th round pick?

Who is Hollis Thomas? :shock:

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm barely going to be happy with a late first. I really hope this shit doesn't become a pattern. Mac = 1st time. Walker = Could be coincidence. 3rd time = Pattern and severe friggin problem.

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Yeah I like how TT by waiting has made this huge urgency. If he pulls in a first he's the man.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
High 2nd and 3rd is damn nice too.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:21 PM
high 2nd, 4th and an OG from DEN even makes sense.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:22 PM
McNabb is even lobbying for the Eagles to take him.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Who is Hollis Thomas? :shock:

He's an old, backup DT.

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4385

Hollis Thomas?? That is an insult to the packers. :evil:

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 10:28 PM
F McNabb

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:29 PM
I thought PFT said he was going back to Florida. It's gonna be a busy night.

imscott72
04-28-2006, 10:36 PM
JWalk is in New England after all..

Javon Walker will undergo a physical with the Patriots Saturday morning.
The Broncos tried to keep him in Denver, but Walker's tour will continue with visits to New England and possibly Philadelphia Saturday. It's looking more likely that a deal will get finished. Apr. 28 - 11:34 pm et

billy_oliver880
04-28-2006, 10:38 PM
The stories from this deal will never end!!! :shock:

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Now I really wanna know what that scout.com Pats Insider article had to say. If he's gonna get to spend time with Tom Brady every day, I'll be so jealous.