PDA

View Full Version : MOSS TO NEW ENGLAND!! DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!

gbpackfan
04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10156954

I am so pissed right now! Damn it! We got NO playmakers in the draft and now we missed out on Randy. What the hell is TT doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh well, not losing sleep at night over it.

gbpackfan
04-29-2007, 09:34 AM
We'll you should lose sleep over the fact that our GM believes James Jones is a better player then Moss. You should also lose sleep over the fact that we picked up ZERO playmakers in this draft. You should also lose sleep over the fact that another Packer GM has FAILED to surround Brett with weapons. TT fucked up! Plain and simple.

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 09:35 AM
We'll you should lose sleep over the fact that our GM believes James Jones is a better player then Moss. You should also lose sleep over the fact that we picked up ZERO playmakers in this draft. You should also lose sleep over the fact that another Packer GM has FAILED to surround Brett with weapons. TT fucked up! Plain and simple.

You're assuming sat on his ass and didn't even consider the idea. For all we know TT offered a 4th and a 6th, but Moss didn't want to come to GB.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 09:51 AM
This sucks

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 09:54 AM

LOL

Brando19
04-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I hate TT.

GBRulz
04-29-2007, 09:56 AM
I was hoping to come home to better news than this.

and to think at one time i thought we'd be sending our extra 3rd pick or possibly 4th pick to Oakland. TT, I just cannot figure you out. Patience, I know. sigh

Chubbyhubby
04-29-2007, 09:58 AM
What I just heard from ESPN is that Randy Moss wants to win a superbowl. NOW Patriots can do that sooner than later.

Chubbyhubby
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
With this news its just cemented the fact that this is Brett's last year. We have NO Playmakers on offense for Brett. Say goodbye to FAVRE next year....

packers11
04-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Favre is defiantly going to get a hint... Maybe he will just announce retirement before the season...

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Let's just see what happens...

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:05 AM
This had nothing to do with TT and everything to do with Moss.

TT got it spot on with the value (a 4th), but is all for shit if the player says he's sticking to is contract.

WHICH MOSS REPORTEDLY SAID HE WOULD UNLESS IT WAS with NE!

GET OFF TT'S BACK.

Damned haters. :beat:

Chubbyhubby
04-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Wouldn't suprise me! Goodbye Brett Hello A Rod!

Brando19
04-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't blame Brett for hanging it up. TT doesn't give a shit about him.

GBRulz
04-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Tarlam, just curious to know where you heard that Moss would only restructure his contract only for NE? I haven't heard that one

Tarlam!
http://www.michaelbarrier.com/Commentary/Chicken_Little/Chicken_Little.jpg

MJZiggy
Wouldn't suprise me! Goodbye Brett Hello A Rod!

Brett's not quite that shallow, Chubby.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:08 AM
It was in the original report of the trade by Schefter. If you go to the Schefter thread, you will see it.

xxmattsharpxx
Maybe Moss will fail his physical...and NE won't take him

(Holds breath hoping) :)

HarveyWallbangers
By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

(April 29, 2007) -- On Draft Weekend 2007, the biggest tremors in the football world came from a trade between the New England Patriots and Oakland Raiders.

Randy Moss is on the verge of becoming a Patriot after New England agreed to send a fourth-round pick in Sunday's draft to Oakland for the mercurial and maddening wide receiver. Before the trade is completed, Moss must undergo a physical, which he arrived in New England on Sunday morning to take. Assuming Moss passes, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will be passing him the ball next season in one of the most dynamic and electric quarterback-wide receiver combinations that has ever played in the NFL.

Moss already has agreed to dramatically restructure his contract, which is scheduled to pay him $9.75 million this coming season. New England was the one and only place Moss would agree to take a reduced contract, and he did so knowing that he would have the chance to win a Super Bowl. With the off-season that New England has had, no team in football has a better chance.

Moss also comes to New England with the warning that, as Bill Parcells used to say, the light is yellow and ready to turn red. The Patriots have notified Moss that, under no circumstance, will they tolerate any of the transgressions that have marked his career. The first controversial incident that Moss is involved in will be his last. The Patriots insist they will release him.

But now that they have him, they are thrilled. Brady is said to be very excited upon learning the news that his team had agreed to a trade with Oakland. Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels the same way as Brady. After spending previous seasons lacking a big-play target, the Patriots now have a plethora of them -- none any bigger than Moss.

How the trade evolved is a story itself. Ongoing trade talks from throughout the off-season continued Friday and intensified Saturday night after the draft when the Raiders called the Patriots and got New England to sweeten its offer of what had been a sixth-round pick. New England agreed to trade a fourth-round pick to Oakland.

The trade caps a remarkably and busy off-season for the Patriots, who have repositioned themselves as the team to beat in the AFC and the NFL. They have added former Ravens linebacker Adalius Thomas, former Bengals cornerback Tory James, former Dolphins running back Sammy Morris, former Dolphins wide receiver Wes Welker, former Eagles wide receiver Donte Stallworth and former Bengals wide receiver Kelley Washington.

Oakland was in a position where it had to trade Moss. It could not afford to pay him his base salary while also signing No. 1 overall pick JaMarcus Russell to the contract that is expected to include about $30 million in guaranteed money. Plus, Raiders coach Lane Kiffin had been anxious to deal Moss and start over

Lurker64
04-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Just so this link gets posted in all of the 4000 Moss threads.

MOSS NOT A PATRIOT: http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=197429&srvc=home

Scott Campbell

LOL

GBRulz
It was in the original report of the trade by Schefter. If you go to the Schefter thread, you will see it.

Ah, ok. It's going to take me 2 days to catch up on all my reading around here from being gone for two weeks!

packers11
that link was updated at 9am...

its 11am now...

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 10:10 AM

Ah, ok. It's going to take me 2 days to catch up on all my reading around here from being gone for two weeks!

Did you enjoy yourself?

Brando19
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Just so this link gets posted in all of the 4000 Moss threads.

MOSS NOT A PATRIOT: http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=197429&srvc=home

I believe the deal is done.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Tarlam, just curious to know where you heard that Moss would only restructure his contract only for NE? I haven't heard that one

What Harv said.

It came out about 10 seconds after I postulated on here that Moss SHOULD make that statement, except to say GB NOT NE.

I was free drinking last night, but I had a premonition. Too bad I got the team wrong.

SkinBasket
04-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Typically I wait until the end of training camp to decide how moves made now pan out, but I must say that if the 3 would have gotten it done, picking Jones over bringing in Moss is superretarded. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shave my balls so they look like Justin Harrell - smooth, round, and injury prone.

GBRulz
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Did you enjoy yourself?

Well, I can honestly say that it's someplace that I want to go back and visit again. Unfortunately, I had very little time to do any sightseeing other than Park City and a ride/hiking in Big Cottonwood. They kept us too busy to party and when I did go out and drink a couple beers, I felt nothing, lol.

Brando19
04-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Oakland just took Michael Bush.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Oakland just took Michael Bush.

WHAT? It's back on!!!!!???????!!!!!!!

mraynrand
04-29-2007, 10:17 AM
This is such tragic news. I so much wanted Moss on the Packers. I also wish I had pancreatic cancer.

http://www.chriskula.com/misc/randy.jpg

packers11
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
packers should have sent the late third to oakland...

I'm sure Favre would have been thrilled about Randy Moss instead of James Jones ... Come on T.T :roll:

Lurker64
04-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I believe the deal is done.

Okay, I agree now. I won't shed over it though. For reasons others have explained.

1) Moss is a punk.
2) Moss didn't want to come to a team that wasn't an immediate contender.
3) You don't want Randy Moss to be in a situation he doesn't want to be in, refer to 1).
4) Moss was only willing to rework his contract with NE. Even if we would have gotten him, he would have constituted an amazing cap albatross around our necks.

TT is not to blame for this. He did all he could.

PaCkFan_n_MD
04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
packers should have sent the late third to oakland...

I'm sure Favre would have been thrilled about Randy Moss instead of James Jones ... Come on T.T :roll:

Think about it it's not TT, it was Moss. How could the deal have gone though with us if Moss said he would not restruture with us?

mraynrand
I won't shed over it though. For reasons others have explained.

Yes, by all means, keep your fur on.

GBRulz
Favre's pilot and the admin for his website just posted this....

Last month when I was told by a certain agent that the GM for the Pack was looked at as a joke in the NFL I was hoping people were wrong. I was told that Ted didn't want Moss, or many other players that are avalable. He said he wanted Favre gone to build his own team. Hmmm? I hope this turns out to be a joke about Moss and someone pinches me and the draft has not happened yet.

I'm curious as to what agent told him this. Now, I can see where TT is looked at a joke in the NFL, but I never wanted to believe that he wanted Brett gone to build his own team.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:27 AM
His pilot/admin seems like an asshat--more Favre ass kisser than anything.

GBRulz
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
I will agree with you on that one, Harv. But he does have some good inside info at times.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Al Davis is a joke in the NFL; Millen is a walking NFL stand up routine. Thompson is not a joke. And I do not believe for a moment that he wants the franchise QB gone.

packers11
04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Just saw it on ESPN... Its official...

Maybe we can trade our 4th for LT? :wink:

Partial
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Al Davis is a joke in the NFL; Millen is a walking NFL stand up routine. Thompson is not a joke. And I do not believe for a moment that he wants the franchise QB gone.

I bet in league circles Thompson's moves this weekend have really raised some eyebrows. At least 2/3 of the GMs.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Sounds like Green Bay offered a higher 4th round pick, but it came down to Moss wanting to go to New England.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM

I bet in league circles Thompson's moves this weekend have really raised some eyebrows. At least 2/3 of the GMs.

Which one of the 2/3 called and told you that?

packers11
04-29-2007, 10:41 AM
I HATE LIVING IN NEW ENGLAND AND HEARING THE BANDWAGONERS NOW...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Partial
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM

Which one of the 2/3 called and told you that?

Well, he really looks like a fool right now for not trading up to land one of the top tier receivers. They need a deep threat. The guy they got is no different than Greg Jennings. Works well from the slot, and can be slippery and break away despite marginal clocked times.

They took an injury prone DT #1, though I am not as skeptical of this as most.

In regards to the who have I called comment? Saying those things about MM and AD are just as ignorant. Those two have probably added the most talent to their teams this weekend while addressing major needs. The Packers may have added some talent, but they didn't address their needs at all, really.

Partial
04-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Sounds like Green Bay offered a higher 4th round pick, but it came down to Moss wanting to go to New England.

Can't really fault TT; He should have sent Favre to see the man, though. Brett gives a solid old man stare to keep people in line.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 10:46 AM
In regards to the who have I called comment? Saying those things about MM and AD are just as ignorant. Those two have probably added the most talent to their teams this weekend while addressing major needs. The Packers may have added some talent, but they didn't address their needs at all, really.

Tell me you've never made a Matt Millen joke (or thought one). They may have had good drafts, but that also might be because they drafted #1 and 2 in the draft. Again.

Fosco33
04-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Seems obvious that Moss wants a shot at the SB and that the Patriots are much closer to that goal than the Packers.

I'm disappointed that we haven't done shit in upgrading a WC TE, another vet receiver or a sure-thing RB. We've got potential at WR/RB but our TEs suck. Looking at our redzone offense last year - you'd think more than better decision making and play calling are needed.

It seems that TT is just waiting for Brett to hang it up so he can really shop in FA for the franchise player. But remember this fact:

People have to WANT to come play for your team - if they think you suck, there going elsewhere for less money.

Partial
04-29-2007, 10:53 AM

Tell me you've never made a Matt Millen joke (or thought one). They may have had good drafts, but that also might be because they drafted #1 and 2 in the draft. Again.

Raiders are one of the historically greatest franchises in the league. They will rise again. The lions are having problems because their picks aren't panning out. The reason the lions suck is he is having Ron Wolfe like luck with his first rounders. I wouldn't say by any means the picks MM has made have been reaches, they just haven't all worked out.

Obviously, the ford family knows how to make money and are good businessmen/women. I think they'd have moved him with all the fans begging for them to if they didn't think he knew what he was doing.

I bet the Lions have a better record than the Pack this year.

Chubbyhubby
04-29-2007, 11:48 AM

LOL

Thats true about TT , Remember Ron Wolf got him in 92.

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I can't fault TT for not getting Moss on the basis of hearing that Moss basically made NE the only choice.

However, I do blame TT for doing NOTHING to address the pathetic red zone offense Green Bay had in 2006. He had to know about the Moss situation well before now...and that it likely would not work out. With that in mind, he should have been more aggressive in getting a higher talent WR. Jones will contribute virtually nothing in 2007.

At this point, all we have to hope for is Koren Robinson to return and play at a high level. That is more than likely not going to happen.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 12:39 PM

LOL

What a crock of dogshit, both of you!

TT's first duty was to offer an opinion to Wolfe about a young QB in Atlanta.

Secondly, Favre sells an awful lot of Packer merchandise and his presence virtually guarantees prime time television appearances.

Finally, Brett Favre is prolly the LAST person on earth complaining about TT's drafts or FA moves, because he's a warrior.

And as for JJ being the same as Jennings, Paertial, go do some film work before you rant. clearly, you have never seen either jennings play, or JJ play if you maintain they are the same type.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM

LOL

Understood. But I think it's ridiculous for people to think that Ted should base his draft on what Brett might or might not think about it. Ted's responsibility is to the Packers, not just to Brett.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I can't fault TT for not getting Moss on the basis of hearing that Moss basically made NE the only choice.

However, I do blame TT for doing NOTHING to address the pathetic red zone offense Green Bay had in 2006. He had to know about the Moss situation well before now...and that it likely would not work out. With that in mind, he should have been more aggressive in getting a higher talent WR. Jones will contribute virtually nothing in 2007.

At this point, all we have to hope for is Koren Robinson to return and play at a high level. That is more than likely not going to happen.

:bow:

As I noted yesterday, TT could have traded up about six spots in round two and drafted one of the top tier WR's in round 2 in Rice or Jarrett.

Moss was the saving grace

He does a great job letting the draft fall to him and trading down if his guys aren't there.

He does not do a good job actively going and getting a guy, which would involve anticipation and moving up in a draft.

The GB writer noted yesterday in chat GB had very high grades on Jarrett and Rice; sometimes you have to be active and make a move.

Brando19
04-29-2007, 12:45 PM

LOL

What a crock of dogshit, both of you!

TT's first duty was to offer an opinion to Wolfe about a young QB in Atlanta.

Secondly, Favre sells an awful lot of Packer merchandise and his presence virtually guarantees prime time television appearances.

Finally, Brett Favre is prolly the LAST person on earth complaining about TT's drafts or FA moves, because he's a warrior.

And as for JJ being the same as Jennings, Paertial, go do some film work before you rant. clearly, you have never seen either jennings play, or JJ play if you maintain they are the same type.

Brett is a warrior. But...remember last year when he was trying to decide whether to come back or not? He said he's waiting to see what the Packers (TT) does in FA. Sooooooo....I don't think Favre is prolly the last person complaining.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 12:48 PM
As I noted yesterday, TT could have traded up about six spots in round two and drafted one of the top tier WR's in round 2 in Rice or Jarrett.

Moss was the saving grace

I highly doubt this. I'm guessing Ted knew exactly what his chances were with Moss long before that.

OS PA
04-29-2007, 12:49 PM
So Ted Thompson would rather have a projected 7th/UFA in James Jones than Randy Moss... Great, maybe we can just move the Packers to the Arena league.

Jimx29
04-29-2007, 12:50 PM
So, Brett lied to us?? :?

GBRulz
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM

My thoughts, exactly. Take the fact that our Red Zone offense sucked, add the losing Green with unproven talent...it just makes it THAT much more important to add a top notch WR or TE. Yet, we have done nothing to address that.

Gone are the days when FA's wanted to come to GB. We have been so spoiled in that area for so long.

Shit, are we going to see Lions fans holding up "keep TT" signs pretty soon? :cnf:

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I highly doubt this. I'm guessing Ted knew exactly what his chances were with Moss long before that.

That is what we are saying.

If TT passes on the second tier WRs when he had every chance to go after them...while KNOWING he wouldn't get Moss...he was foolish and passive. It seems that is the case.

Personally, I would've liked to see Jarrett. Rice is too raw and would take 2-3 years to develop. Green Bay should've moved up to get Jarrett if they knew Moss was out of the picture. Reaching for Jones is unacceptable IMO.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 01:07 PM

If TT passes on the second tier WRs when he had every chance to go after them...while KNOWING he wouldn't get Moss...he was foolish and passive. It seems that is the case.

Unless he's not to too high on either Jarrett and Rice. I remember a lot of the same kind of second guessing last year after we took a pass on Chad Jackson.

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Unless he's not to too high on either Jarrett and Rice. I remember a lot of the same kind of second guessing last year after we took a pass on Chad Jackson.

The Chad Jackson crisis last year was one of the most annoying, yet twistedly humorous, draft pick ever.

imscott72
04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Wow this is disappointing sure, but if he didn't want to be here then we don't want him here. Man the Pats are going to be the clear favorite to win it all next year. they'll be one of those teams that has to win it all or it will be considered a failure.

I still have faith in TT and I'll hold judgement until the end of training camp. I'm sure he's not sitting back and thinking of ways he can waste Brett's last year.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 01:44 PM

he reportedly was high on them per the JS Packer beat guys

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 01:46 PM

But where were they on his board relative to Jones? Who knows.

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 01:47 PM

I don't remember the same outcry on Jackson. Mainly, the problem was that people didn't know Jennings. Last year, we didn't need playmakers yet. We needed to rebuild the OL and continue fleshing out a thin roster. We accomplished that.

Now, we need to start taking reasonable chances to acquire playmakers that will develop in the future. Thompson did not do that.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't remember the same outcry on Jackson.

Then your memory is fading. There were many here who went ballistic.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 01:59 PM

But where were they on his board relative to Jones? Who knows.

Are you serious ? Jarrett and Rice were projected by sites/personnell guys to go late round one to early 2. I don't think you'd find anybody to argue with that. Nobody projected either of these guy to last into round three; Jones was a 3-4 guy.

Both are much more polished players than Jones; and again the GB guy noted TT had the two they missed out on rated very highly.

If you want to make that argument, you should be asking if they were rated higher than the RB in round two that GB eventually selected.

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Boy, so much TT hate in here. Go read Lurker's public announcement thread and try to stay calm!

woodbuck27
04-29-2007, 02:28 PM
It only makes sense that Randy Moss would prefer the Pats to the Packers.

The Pats are a certain contender with alot of fine off season moves, a determined HC and GM who feels he's knocking on the door again, and a solid QB in Tom Brady.

No Moss in Green Bay.

Is anyone really surprized? I'm not.

We're we really ever in that game?

Kiwon
04-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Moss wanted to play for a winner. Case closed.

He already said that money was not the issue.

Heck, if Brady tore up a knee or something and was unavailable for the season and the Pats set their target on Brett, does anybody really believe that he would pass up a legitimate shot at one last Super Bowl run?

PackerBlues
04-29-2007, 06:01 PM
I was holding out hope that TT would make something happen to get Moss. But I had actually checked out a few websites for a few other football teams besides the GB sites and Raiders sites. It seems that we were not the only football fans that were being fed stories about the possibility of a trade to get Moss on their team. We were simply the fans with one of the best story arcs to sell papers. Moss and Favre.......Moss playing twice a year against the Vikes. Sounds great. Sounds way better than a story I had read about Moss going to SanFran.

Ya think maybe the talk about going to GB from Moss may have just been a negotiating tactic to squeeze a few more bucks out of the Pats, or do you really think that he had no decision in where he would be traded to?

esoxx
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm just shocked GB didn't end up with Moss. Just shocked. :roll:

Green Bud Packer
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Moss wanted to play for a winner. Case closed.

He already said that money was not the issue.

Heck, if Brady tore up a knee or something and was unavailable for the season and the Pats set their target on Brett, does anybody really believe that he would pass up a legitimate shot at one last Super Bowl run? brett favre will never play for the pats nor any other team.ever.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Heck, if Brady tore up a knee or something and was unavailable for the season and the Pats set their target on Brett, does anybody really believe that he would pass up a legitimate shot at one last Super Bowl run?

Yes.

retailguy
04-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm just shocked GB didn't end up with Moss. Just shocked. :roll:

There is a BIG LOUD echo in here..... :wink: