PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Packers 2007 record - post draft

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Predict the Packers 2007 record - post draft:

It might be wise to wait with predictions until draft day 2 is over though but no offensive playmakers are waiting for Favre unless you dig the "diamond in the rough" that TT preaches.

Plus, if you're way too upset then wait another 24 to 48 hours with your prediction. I said 7-9 before the draft...that will change.

Brando19
04-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Yeah I better wait for my official prediction because at this point i would have said 0-16.

BallHawk
04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, let's see.

Favre, annoyed that we didn't get Moss, will retire tomorrow.

Harrell will tear his bicep again, reaching for a Big Mac through a Drive-Window

Brandon Jackson will be cut in camp to make way for Arliss Beach

Aaron Rouse will be traded, along with Greg Jennings and the rest of our draft, for the whole 7th round.

Mike McCarthy will be fired and Sherman will once again become head coach.

AJ Hawk, wanting to be with Brady Quinn, will request a trade to the Browns....

Here at PackerRats we're always optimistic! I say 1-15!

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, let's see.

Harrell will tear his bicep again, reaching for a Big Mac through a Drive-Window

Aaron Rouse will be traded, along with Greg Jennings and the rest of our draft, for the whole 7th round.

Oh my - it won't come to that but there's no reason for Favre to come back...there really isn't but I can't see Favre end it this way. Or can he?

Brando19
04-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, let's see.

Well why don't you tell us some good news this weekend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to be optimistic!

oregonpackfan
04-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Well, let's see.

Whoa!

That is more than saying "The glass is half-empty!" That is more like saying "The end is near--pass the hemlock juice!" :)

oregonpackfan
04-29-2007, 10:28 AM
I did not mean to include the last sentence of "1-15" in my last post.

It's too early to predict what impact the draft will have on the season. We still have not even had Day 2 yet.

BEARMAN
04-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Glass half empty, ... Glass half full ? (LMFAO) ! :twisted:

prsnfoto
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
5-11 with wins over Da Bears Detriot,Detroit,Minn,Minn and no one else even the raiders can beat us now. And yes Brett should retire, but I hope he doesn't and flips TT the middle finger for two more years .

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
http://blog.nbx.com/images/bears_grossman2.jpg

FritzDontBlitz
04-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Glass half empty, ... Glass half full ? (LMFAO) ! :twisted:

omg! a bearman sighting!

Tony Oday
04-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I would say 10-6.

Favre breaks more records.

RB is a group effort that produces results.

Clifton goes out early and the pack replace him and dont miss a beat

Franks has a resurgent season

Driver and Jennings light it up

Our defense is shut down and a top 5 defense.

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I said 9-7 prior to the draft, convinced that Thompson would find at least ONE playmaker on offense after providing zero firepower in two years.

After strike three, and with the playmakers moving into Detroit and Minnesota, 8-8 is now best case IMO...and 7-9 is most likely. With a few bad breaks, 4 or 5 wins is a real possibility again.

The Shadow
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, according to the usual suspects, the sky is falling - AGAIN!
None of our choices have yet set foot on the field and the chronic angst
is on display.
Sigh........

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 01:56 PM
None of our choices have yet set foot on the field and the chronic angst is on display.
Sigh........

Well, we couldn't score in the red zone last year. That isn't angst...it is fact.

How are we going to do so this year?

My angst is not based on who we picked. I'm reasonably happy with the talent we are getting.

The problem is that a massive area of need has been entirely ignored...specifically SCORING POINTS. Considering the playmaking talent added at MIN and DET, we need to be able to score points.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 01:57 PM
No skies are falling
But in all probablity no playmakers have been added.

We'll have another OK season and our talent seems to be reloading for a few years from now

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 02:10 PM
DRiver is a playmaker, Favre still makes big plays, Jennings showed signs of being a possible playmaker. The new RB and Morency teamed with the improved line seem like a good start for the running game.

The defense has the same coach, the same players and a lot of improvement in depth and in starters just from youth advancments.

I don't know how it's going to pan out but the only player we really lost was an over 30 RB but we replaced him with a young set of legs who knows how to run in our scheme.

I think the team is better. Playmakers can be on either side of the ball and we have a couple defenders *Hawk, Woodson, Harris, Harrell* that could be playmakers. Add that to Favre, Driver and possible Jennings and you have a pretty strong group.

I don't think SB but I think we can compete for the playoffs if healthy.

The Leaper
04-29-2007, 02:37 PM
DRiver is a playmaker, Favre still makes big plays, Jennings showed signs of being a possible playmaker. The new RB and Morency teamed with the improved line seem like a good start for the running game.

Driver is not a playmaker in the red zone. Neither is Jennings. They are nice WCO receivers to move between the 20s. We need a guy with 6-3 or 6-4 size though to be a threat in the red zone. Moss or Jarrett were guys who could fill that need. Thompson needed to get one of them.

The running game will not be any better in 2007 after losing Green. Green still has something in the tank. We are better off 2-3 years from now at RB, but we are worse off in 2007.

I'm just not convinced TT has the ability to identify potential playmakers and the balls to go after them when needed. He drove Javon Walker out of town, and hasn't replaced him with anyone with a talent level comparable in Walker's pinky finger.

Ouch.

Tony Oday
04-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Bah we will rock this year. This is unadualterated kool-aid time folks!

J-Rok
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Everybody perk up. Have you SEEN Harrell's highlights? I saw at least three INTs by him. That's three oppurtunities for a touchdown. I'm pretty sure we can at least get three field goals with our brand new nutty kicker.

: )

mmmdk
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
No skies are falling
But in all probablity no playmakers have been added.

We'll have another OK season and our talent seems to be reloading for a few years from now

Sounds fair.

MasonCrosby
04-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Bah we will rock this year. This is unadualterated kool-aid time folks!

*takes a sip of kool aid and and coughs*

i think you spiked the kool aid enough.. :D

retailguy
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM
3-13

GrnBay007
04-29-2007, 06:31 PM
3-13

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

retailguy
04-29-2007, 06:34 PM
3-13

You think it's just my "bad attitude", right? Actually, I've been thinking this for quite a while. I don't see a competitive squad in 07, but if we see improvements, maybe by the end of the season. I don't see ANY wins right now before the bye week, except perhaps the Giants in week 2.

The beauty of this, is, I'd love to be wrong.... Just don't see it today, or last week, or last month, or next week either. :(

GrnBay007
04-29-2007, 06:38 PM
3-13

You think it's just my "bad attitude", right? Actually, I've been thinking this for quite a while. I don't see a competitive squad in 07, but if we see improvements, maybe by the end of the season. I don't see ANY wins right now before the bye week, except perhaps the Giants in week 2.

The beauty of this, is, I'd love to be wrong.... Just don't see it today, or last week, or last month, or next week either. :(

Who said you had a bad attitude? 11-5 baby!! You just need to share some of my drinky.....wait, I mean kool-aid :P

:glug: :cow:

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Ack. I think we'll be fine. We have RB by committee, and much as I loved Ahman and wanted him to stay, I think we'll do ok there. We were a bit porous against the run last year and Harrell should help out with that, no? Jennings will come back healthy and get back to the form he was in before the injury and we'll grab a TE before the start of the season for insurance against Bubba drops.

(wow it does really help when there's tequila in the kool-aid! who knew...)

retailguy
04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Ack. I think we'll be fine. We have RB by committee, and much as I loved Ahman and wanted him to stay, I think we'll do ok there. We were a bit porous against the run last year and Harrell should help out with that, no? Jennings will come back healthy and get back to the form he was in before the injury and we'll grab a TE before the start of the season for insurance against Bubba drops.

Spend some time looking at the schedule. Then take it a step further and look at positional matchups, and what some of those teams have done this offseason...

That did not go so well for me.

Perhaps it will go better for you.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 06:45 PM

You sounds like TT with the I think we'll be fine stuff.

How bad were we against the run after Jenkins was plugged in a DE instead of KGB ?

Pass me the Tequila; I don't need the Kool Aide :wink:

oregonpackfan
04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
"wow it does really help when there's tequila in the kool-aid! who knew...)"

Be careful what you drink, MJZiggy! That combination sounds like potential trip to the Emergency Room for stomach-pumping time! :)

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 06:49 PM
"wow it does really help when there's tequila in the kool-aid! who knew...)"

Be careful what you drink, MJZiggy! That combination sounds like potential trip to the Emergency Room for stomach-pumping time! :)

It's really good stuff. I'm starting to think a few folks in here should be joining me...

SD GB fan
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
8-8

esoxx
04-29-2007, 09:16 PM
5-11

Partial
04-29-2007, 09:21 PM
0-16 bring on Darren McFadden!!

Just kidding about the record, not the McFadden part. I think they'll be 7-9 but they have a very, very tough schedule this year. The talent level has gone up, but the competition has gone WAY up.

red
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
i'd really love to be positive on this pick, but i just can't be

6-10

we were 8-8 last year having one the last 4 games that were almost handed to us.

we did nothing to improve this team this offseason, including the draft, infact IMO we are a worse team

we have a very tuff schedule this season, and the teams in our division added some scary weapons that will give us a lot of fits

2 wins against detroit are not in the bag this year with their two big wr's, plus a healthy rb. 2 wins against the queens is not a sure thing with the new addition of peterson

i see us taking a step back next year, then maybe another step back in 2008 when favre leaves

last year i felt great about this team after the draft, especially after the first day, this year i feel sick to my stomach

mmmdk
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Tougher schedule hence 6-10. Hey, that can change during camp! And that's why they play the games...god that's said out of desperation. :cry:

wist43
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Again, one game either way of 8-8... probably 7-9. Weak division gives em a chance to win more games than they probably should.

The team isn't any better this year than last, and they have a tougher schedule.

Green is gone, so they took a hit at RB... their 1st round pick augments a position of strength. Their 2nd round pick is only slightly better than Mornency, and is clearly a drop off from Green. TT did nothing to help the WR or TE positions.

This is the way it's going to go with TT as our GM... it would seem the only way the team can get better, i.e. a good player to fill a need, is if the BPA just happens to match a need. TT doesn't seem inclined to ever go out of his way to build the roster, and fill holes.