PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson deal still alive?

Brando19
04-29-2007, 11:36 AM
From Packerreport.com: Late last week, PackerReport.com broke the news that the Packers had shown interest in trading for superstar Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. No deal was made Saturday, but one player the Chiefs were hoping would be available in the first round was Justin Harrell, the defensive tackle the Packers selected.

So, how about this: Harrell and running back Brandon Jackson for Johnson and maybe a late-round pick?

Just a thought.

Either way, general manager Ted Thompson has kept the Packers well under the salary cap this off-season by staying on the sideline during the NFL's high-stakes, big-money free-agent period. Was he saving all of that cap space so he could make a big splash? Perhaps we'll learn that answer soon.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I am so not going there right now after the Moss debacle.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 11:53 AM

You too???? If I only hand a nickel for every sure thing rumor floated my way.

Anybody who gets too worked up over trade rumors has nobody to blame but themselves.

Brando19
04-29-2007, 11:54 AM

I know...I'm exhausted after this Moss crap.

packers11
04-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Where is Joe Arrigo today???

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 11:56 AM

Deep in hiding I would imagine...

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 12:34 PM
From Packerreport.com: Late last week, PackerReport.com broke the news that the Packers had shown interest in trading for superstar Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson. No deal was made Saturday, but one player the Chiefs were hoping would be available in the first round was Justin Harrell, the defensive tackle the Packers selected.

So, how about this: Harrell and running back Brandon Jackson for Johnson and maybe a late-round pick?

Just a thought.

Either way, general manager Ted Thompson has kept the Packers well under the salary cap this off-season by staying on the sideline during the NFL's high-stakes, big-money free-agent period. Was he saving all of that cap space so he could make a big splash? Perhaps we'll learn that answer soon.

This is what I want to do when I'd think whether the Snapper would outbid another team with draft picks for a veteran :bang:

Brando19
04-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Just a thought.

This is what I want to do when I'd think whether the Snapper would outbid another team with draft picks for a veteran :bang:

:lol:

NewsBruin
04-29-2007, 02:58 PM
LJ is a good back. Or was a good back. He might still have something left in him, but I'm thinking closer to Eddie George than Emmit Smith at the end of his career.

We'd be paying a huge price for a guy who might be good for only a few years left.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2007, 03:03 PM
We'd be paying a huge price for a guy who might be good for only a few years left.Im sold!!
What else is the $$$ gonna be used for anyways? LJ, Morency and the rookie would be a nice setup.

But it aint gonna happen. :beat:

ZachMN
04-29-2007, 06:59 PM
guy is 28 and wants a boatload of money---not a good deal for us. The anme of the game is staying hungry and TT is doing that by constantly bringing in young talent to push people. The Sherman atmosphere is gone and I like it!

retailguy
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Im sold!!
What else is the $$$ gonna be used for anyways? LJ, Morency and the rookie would be a nice setup.

Once you accept that this team is likely to suck in 2007, your outlook will improve.

It's done wonders for me.

2008 baby. It's just around the corner! :D

Merlin
04-30-2007, 11:09 AM
And so is 2009....2010.....etc.

I understand building a championship defense but tearing apart a top offense in the process? Is TT modeling us after the Bears? He does know the Bears got their asses handed to them in the Super Bowl right?

Cheesehead Craig
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM

Deep in hiding I would imagine...
He didn't do so good with his mock draft or his Packer predictions. He was 0/10 for the top 10 picks, fanned on the Pack pick (well, almost everyone did too) and thought Moss deal would happen for us.

MadtownPacker
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM
He didn't do so good with his mock draft or his Packer predictions. He was 0/10 for the top 10 picks, fanned on the Pack pick (well, almost everyone did too) and thought Moss deal would happen for us.So basically he is just a poster like everyone else?

Well actually, majority of the Rats got a few top 10 picks right. :D

Patler
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
And so is 2009....2010.....etc.

I understand building a championship defense but tearing apart a top offense in the process? Is TT modeling us after the Bears? He does know the Bears got their asses handed to them in the Super Bowl right?

How did he "tear apart" a top offense? Walker is the only player that he arguably got rid of, but Walker may have had as much to do with it happening as TT did. Otherwise, the "tearing apart" occured because:

Henderson got old.
Green got hurt and got old (not necessarily done, but too expensive).
Flanagan got old.
Rivera got old.
Wahle's situation was set LONG before TT came onto the scene, with little he could have done about it in the two months or so that he had.
Murphy got hurt.

To support the offense, TT:

paid to keep Franks.
paid to satisfy Driver.
paid to keep Wells.

In three drafts he:

Used a first for a QB
Used two seconds, a third and a fifth on four WRs.
Used a second for an RB
Used a second and a 3rd for two guards
Used a fourth and two 5ths for three tackles

BallHawk
04-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Patler, how could you forget about Craig Bragg and Corey Rodgers? :lol: :wink:

woodbuck27
04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Im sold!!

Once you accept that this team is likely to suck in 2007, your outlook will improve.

It's done wonders for me.

2008 baby. It's just around the corner! :D

Next order of business:

Retire Brett Favre.

It's all about that. Forget TT going after any talented offensive player.

LJ ??? That's a joke. Worst one would be on LJ.

Congratulations and nice job Ted Thompson.

Your about there.

Spaulding
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Woodbuck, after all these posts against TT I'm getting a slight impression you don't like him as GM :)

HarveyWallbangers
04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
I get the feeling some people wouldn't like him no matter who he drafted. I don't like what he's done in FA, but some people are trying to discredit his drafts or his FA pickups last year--when he did go out and find two really good FAs in Pickett and Woodson. It would be nice if people would be fair. To judge a draft the next day is assinine.

Green Bud Packer
04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
i get the feeling woodbuck wants #4 to hang em up. if thompson wanted favre outta gb he would be gone. get a grip,be honest with your self and start rootin for houston and your idol, sherm the worm.

Spaulding
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Amen