PDA

View Full Version : Darrel Jackson to the 49ers...

imscott72
04-29-2007, 01:17 PM
for a fourth...Yeah the guy had drop issues, but would have made a nice target for Brett..

49ers acquired Darrell Jackson from Seattle for a fourth-round pick.

Jackson's numbers will probably take a slight hit playing in San Francisco's offense, but he will get a ton of targets as the top option of Alex Smith. Jackson is an even riskier WR2 pick now, largely because of injuries, but he's always produced. Arnaz Battle, Jason Hill, and Ashley Lelie will battle for the other starting spot. Apr. 29 - 11:20 am et

Tarlam!
04-29-2007, 01:17 PM
That was news on Thursday....

Scott Campbell
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
for a fourth...Yeah the guy had drop issues, but would have made a nice target for Brett..

49ers acquired Darrell Jackson from Seattle for a fourth-round pick.

Jackson's numbers will probably take a slight hit playing in San Francisco's offense, but he will get a ton of targets as the top option of Alex Smith. Jackson is an even riskier WR2 pick now, largely because of injuries, but he's always produced. Arnaz Battle, Jason Hill, and Ashley Lelie will battle for the other starting spot. Apr. 29 - 11:20 am et

Man, they're in way tougher shape than we are.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm disappointed we didn't get Jackson or Moss. It's time to hope the likes of Holliday, Brewster, James Jones, Clowney can contribute. Maybe Ferguson or Robinson (very unlikely, IMHO) contribute.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm disappointed we didn't get Jackson or Moss. It's time to hope the likes of Holliday, Brewster, James Jones, Clowney can contribute. Maybe Ferguson or Robinson (very unlikely, IMHO) contribute.

Jackson for a fourth would have been a great deal for the next two to four years

But not for beyond

imscott72
04-29-2007, 02:25 PM
That was news on Thursday....

Ok sorry. Glanced down the board quick and didn't see it posted.

imscott72
04-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Meachum would have been a beast as well. I saw one site calling him the next Marques Colston. Would have looked damn good in green and gold.

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 02:30 PM

Meachum would have been a beast as well. I saw one site calling him the next Marques Colston. Would have looked damn good in green and gold.

Yup, that's what I've been saying for a couple months. We could have executed my ideal scenario.

Trade down, pick up a second, and draft Meacham.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
But why get that emotionally attached to these guys? For all we know, Meachem could do jack shit like Chad Jackson and Justin Harrell could become another John Henderson. I make educated guesses based very partially on what I remember watching, some highlight videos, and blurbs on websites. How the hell would I really know if Meachem is a better prospect than Harrell.

retailguy
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I really thought Darrell Jackson could've helped in 07, and maybe 08 but agree with the sentiments that it wouldn't have been much longer.

This one hurts... but only a little.