PDA

View Full Version : Pats 16-0?

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Too many egos and too many older players, the Chargers will be the AFC represenative in the Super Bowl in 08. I guess we all know now what the Pats brass thought about their college WR corp from the 06 season.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Whattt?? Who stole your account?? You aint saying Brady all the way after his team loaded up their team?

I hope they do go 16-0 then lose in their first playoff game.

Packers4Ever
04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Whattt?? Who stole your account?? You aint saying Brady all the way after his team loaded up their team?

Me too !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't think you can buy a championship in the NFL

Bretsky
04-29-2007, 03:42 PM
The Patriots identified their weakneses and made bold moves. I hope they win the Super Bowl.

At minimum IMO their moves put them in contention, which is every GM's dream. So many things can occur come playoff time, but they are one of the few that will probably be legitimate contenders. Kudos for executing a plan. We'll see how successful it is next year.

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
With Washington,Stallworth,Moss,Jackson,Maroney,Watson, and Brady, their O should be awfully good.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
I actually like Tom Brady, but can't stand the machine that is the Patriots. Maybe it's the success. Maybe it's Billy B. So, I have to agree with those that hope the Patriots fall flat on their face. Now that Moss isn't one of us, I hope he has a miserable year.
:D

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I see your point but usually the big spenders fall on their face.

b bulldog
04-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Maroney should at least gain 1500 yards if he is any good with the oppossing D's needing to keep their S's out of the box.

Tony Oday
04-29-2007, 03:49 PM
they will be unstopable...Brady injured game three and after that he gets a fourth kid! :)

RIPackerFan
04-29-2007, 04:21 PM
The Pats will win - but will not win the Superbowl. They broke two laws of the Superbowl Gods and they are not pleased.

1) The sin of Gluttony (or the Redskins) Law: Thou shall not buy a championship.

2) The sin of Coveting (or the Terrell Owens) Law: Thou shall not covet a disgruntled veteran reciever.

While teams who do the above may have some success - they don't make it all the way.

By the way, this is Belichek's last year.

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I see your point but usually the big spenders fall on their face.

Usually they do. If they don't win now it's over.

RashanGary
04-29-2007, 04:58 PM
If healthy, NE is the best team.

They are old though and I would expect some key injuries to their aged veteran core.

GrnBay007
04-29-2007, 04:59 PM
The Pats will win - but will not win the Superbowl. They broke two laws of the Superbowl Gods and they are not pleased.

1) The sin of Gluttony (or the Redskins) Law: Thou shall not buy a championship.

2) The sin of Coveting (or the Terrell Owens) Law: Thou shall not covet a disgruntled veteran reciever.

I like that! Lets hope it holds true.

]{ilr]3
04-29-2007, 05:17 PM

I like that! Lets hope it holds true.

#2 law worked for them already when the picked up Cory Dillion as a piss ass whiner that blamed his team for him not being a champion. True or not, that has always made me think of him as a turd.

retailguy
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Too many egos and too many older players, the Chargers will be the AFC represenative in the Super Bowl in 08. I guess we all know now what the Pats brass thought about their college WR corp from the 06 season.

I don't think that San Diego wins it all, too many new coaches... and Norv has got a lot to prove that he can win it all. Hasn't so far...

I actually like Denver's chances in the west better than SD at this point (and believe me, it pains me to say that...)

packinpatland
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM

Me too !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditto.

Partial
04-29-2007, 07:15 PM
If healthy, NE is the best team.

They are old though and I would expect some key injuries to their aged veteran core.

Don't know about that. San Diego has a better D that got even better with my boy Weddle.

ZachMN
04-29-2007, 07:54 PM
their offense has to be good as their defense has lost too many players and will never be what they were. Their offense will have to carry them next year. D is too old and not the right mental capabilities of what they once had....

motife
04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
On the WR front, the Patriots traded a 2nd & 7th round pick for Miami's Wes Welker, signed the Eagles Donte Stallworth, and traded a 4th to Oakland for Randy Moss. They will join Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Reche Caldwell, and Jabar Gaffney.

They also signed the most sought after free agent, Adalius Thomas, LB from the Ravens.

Additionally, they signed as free agents starting CB from Cincinnatti, Tory James, Denver punter Todd Sauerbrun, and Jacksonville TE Kyle Brady.

Their 1st pick in the draft was Miami FS Brandon Merriweather,

4/29 OAK Randy Moss WR traded, for a 2007 4th round draft pick
4/19 CINC Tory James CB signed, One-year contract
4/4 DEN Todd Sauerbrun P signed/unrestricted free agent, One-year contract
3/13 PHIL Donte' Stallworth WR signed/unrestricted free agent
3/5 MIA Wes Welker WR traded, For 2nd and 7th round draft picks
3/4 BALT Adalius Thomas LB signed/unrestricted free agent, Five-year contract
3/3 JAX Kyle Brady TE signed/unrestricted free agent, Two-year contract

Draft
1 24 Meriweather, Brandon FS 5-11 192 Miami (Fla.)
4 127 Brown, Kareem DT 6-4 290 Miami (Fla.)
5 171 Oldenburg, Clint OT 6-5 296 Colorado State
6 180 Rogers, Justin OLB 6-3 252 Southern Methodist
6 202 Richardson, Mike CB 5-11 189 Notre Dame
6 208 Hairston, Justise RB 6-2 220 Central Connecticut
6 209 Hilliard, Corey OT 6-5 318 Oklahoma State
7 211 Lua, Oscar ILB 6-0 238 Southern California
7 247 Elgin, Mike G 6-3 282 Iowa

LL2
04-29-2007, 08:22 PM
A friend of mine is a die hard Pats fan. I used to root for the Pats as a fav AFC team, but now that they have Moss I will be rooting against them. They can't have more SB wins than the Pack!

Actually, the Pats have a solid core of players and everyone else plays a role in helping them keep winning. Moss and Stallworth will help play those roles. The Pats have built their teams through the draft like TT is doing now. The Pats are being agressive this year because they know they have a couple good years left in making a SB run. I do not want to see it happen, but it could.

MJZiggy
04-29-2007, 08:46 PM
Here's what I want to happen. They have a great season, amass whatever record and then in the first playoff game, in a tight contest, driving for the win and a field goal will do it, with the clock running out, Brady puts it up there. This one catch will do it--and it's dropped. By Moss. Who then blames Brady.

Partial
04-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Pats are overrated the more I think about it. Bruschi has gotta be like 33+ and isn't the same player he once was. Same can be said with several of their linebackers and secondary.

We'll see what happens. It's too early to tell. They are an injury to brady away from a top 8 selection.

Kiwon
04-29-2007, 10:59 PM
Nobody goes 16-0 or 19-0 for that matter.