PDA

View Full Version : MOSS SIGNS ONE-YEAR DEAL

packers11
04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
pft.com

MOSS SIGNS ONE-YEAR DEAL

The New England Patriots got two steals on Sunday. First, they picked up one of the best receivers in the game for only a fourth-round draft pick.

Second, they got him at a bargain-basement contract.

Per a league source, the $21 million in salary over two years under Randy's prior deal was replaced by a one-year contract with a $3.5 million base salary and $1.5 million in incentives.

The only downside for the Patriots is that, if Moss re-establishes himself as a superstar in 2007, they'll have to pay him in 2008.

And the deal allows the Pats to evaluate Moss carefully in the offseason, training camp, and preseason. If Moss doesn't still have it, or if he is in any way a pain in the butt, the Pats lose not a penny.

packers11
04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
this is defiantly a "SUPERBOWL OR BUST" year for the pats...

vince
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
The steal of the century. My biggest regret this offseason is that Moss wouldn't make this deal with the Pack.

retailguy
04-29-2007, 07:13 PM
The steal of the century. My biggest regret this offseason is that Moss wouldn't make this deal with the Pack.

WHY should he? Look, I didn't want Moss, at all, but if you look at it from his perspective, why would he do this deal with GB?

None of us can name a SINGLE thing that Thompson did this offseason to convince anyone that he was COMMITTED to winning in 07? He did exactly the opposite.

He completely telegraphed to the world that he's building for the future, not necessarily at that expense of the present, but, hell, if that's what it takes, most observers would come to the conclusion that he'd gladly pay that.

So, if you're Moss, at age 30, with some bad press, WHY would you do that deal in GB, when you can do it in NE, where they've stocked everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink for a run in 07?

this seems pretty damn clear to me.

vince
04-29-2007, 07:20 PM
I can see how he would favor the Pats. They were in the AFC championship game last year, and obviously, are closer to the super bowl than we are.
I don't care about the Patriots though... I believe he would have helped us and would have added an interesting dynamic to the team.

woodbuck27
04-30-2007, 02:20 PM

WHY should he? Look, I didn't want Moss, at all, but if you look at it from his perspective, why would he do this deal with GB?

None of us can name a SINGLE thing that Thompson did this offseason to convince anyone that he was COMMITTED to winning in 07? He did exactly the opposite.

He completely telegraphed to the world that he's building for the future, not necessarily at that expense of the present, but, hell, if that's what it takes, most observers would come to the conclusion that he'd gladly pay that.

So, if you're Moss, at age 30, with some bad press, WHY would you do that deal in GB, when you can do it in NE, where they've stocked everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink for a run in 07?

this seems pretty damn clear to me.

Your Randy Moss (any Packer fan).

You have two teams to choose to play for in 2007.

The busy in the off season and hungry to win a Super Bowl NE Pat's or Ted Thompson's team. . .the Green Bay Packers.

Which team would you choose?

HINT: The choice is really easy. :)

woodbuck27
04-30-2007, 02:25 PM
pft.com

MOSS SIGNS ONE-YEAR DEAL

'' The New England Patriots got two steals on Sunday. First, they picked up one of the best receivers in the game for only a fourth-round draft pick.'' packers11

I believe he was traded to NE for a fifth Rd. pick.

If the Packers had of offered a 4th or even a third he wouldn't have approved of the trade as this story paned out.

Freak Out
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
???s will be answered concerning the Packer/Moss debacle on the Patrick show in a few mins.....

Bretsky
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
What came out ? It appears Moss used GB and had minimal intentions of ever coming here for whatever reason.