PDA

View Full Version : HOLD THE PHONE! WE MAY NEED TO TRADE J-WALK TO NEW ORLEANS!

gbpackfan
04-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Texans | Talks with M. Williams heating up
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:40:47 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports talks between the Houston Texans and North Carolina State DE Mario Williams are heating up. The Texans are now offering more than the money paid to QB Alex D. Smith, the first pick in last year's NFL Draft by the San Francisco 49ers. Williams might feel comfortable accepting the offer to become the first pick in this weekend's NFL Draft.

J-Walk and our first, would that be enough to move up to the #2 spot? They could still get AJ Hawk or D'Brick by doing this! REGGIE BUSH BABY!

Well, maybe you are not a fan of Bush's, but I think TT is. It is getting very interesting!

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Interesting thought. Damn interesting. If Walker was further along in his rehab, it would be an easy decision for New Orleans.

This sounds like a trade that could actually happen! Not sure if I will lose sleep over this speculation, tho.

GoPackGo
04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
We would trade away javon walker and pick #5 to get to #2 and then Housten would pick Bush anyway. :roll: TT would never get duped like that for 1 guy

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2006, 05:00 PM
jpopp, the trade would be consumated (can i use that word here?) after Houston picks.

OS PA
04-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Damnit, what I would give for Bush, Williams, Hawk, and Davis.

How about Ferguson, JWalk, our 2nd, and 3rd for #2 if Bush is there? I'd never take that trade, but hell it'd be worth it for Bush and Hawk.

GoPackGo
04-28-2006, 05:19 PM
jpopp, the trade would be consumated (can i use that word here?) after Houston picks.

oh ok I hope TT can get that in writing

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 05:26 PM
I just wonder if ANY team sitting at the 2 spot would even consider ANY deal to not take Bush. If we were in teh 2 spot I think I would be pissed at TT for taking a deal to move down.

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 05:30 PM

oh ok I hope TT can get that in writing

I don't think you completely understand. If Houston wraps up their deal with Mario tonight, New Orleans goes immediately on the clock. It would be a done deal - no backing out. And New Orleans would be free to begin negotiating with Bush if they so choose.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Unless they REALLY want Walker and are willing to trade out of it to get him. I still think when Bush gets to the NFL, boy's gonna snap like a toothpick.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 05:34 PM
I can't believe this but from profootballtalk..com

MARIO TO HOUSTON A "DONE DEAL"

A league source tells us that the Houston Texans have informed Joel Segal, the agent for Reggie Bush, that the team has a "done deal" with defensive end Mario Williams.

More details to come.

Harlan Huckleby
04-28-2006, 05:35 PM
cool! I wanted packers to draft mario, but he wasn't gonna make it to #5 anyway.

Rastak
04-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Again, from PFT:

MARIO TO HOUSTON A "DONE DEAL"

A league source tells us that the Houston Texans have informed Joel Segal, the agent for Reggie Bush, that the team has a "done deal" with defensive end Mario Williams.

The only question at this point, as the source explained, is whether the Texans are simply making a last-ditch effort to squeeze Segal into taking a more friendly deal.

If this isn't just a marketing ploy, it represents a stunning turn of events. On Thursday, we heard that Bush was a "done deal." And even though the team denied it, another source told us that the team's interest in Williams was merely a smokescreen, aimed at leveraging Bush into wanting less money.

If, in the end, the Texans pass on Bush, the question is whether the team decided to make the move based on merit, money, or mischief. Our guess is that it's a mixture of all three, and that the most recent round of ugly news reports regarding Reggie, his family, and the dudes of New Era was the thing that made the Texans decide to move on.

Still, we've re-confirmed that, earlier in the week, the Texans' interest in Williams arose solely from their desire to drive down Bush's price tag, and that the Texans viewed Williams as the guy whom Bush's camp would most likely regard as a legitimate alternative. So if the Texans have indeed locked on to Mario, it represents a complete 180 from their earlier position.

We're still chasing this on. For now, this has got to be the craziest run up to the draft that we've ever seen.

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 05:47 PM
I dont know if TT is the type to go for broke on one player, no matter how good he is. VERY INTICING though.

I think last year was a good one for the Pack to suck! We could be right back in contention if this draft goes right.

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I wonder if we could trade JW and our 5th for NO's 2nd?

Charles Woodson
04-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I dont know if TT is the type to go for broke on one player, no matter how good he is. VERY INTICING though.

I think last year was a good one for the Pack to suck! We could be right back in contention if this draft goes right.

You noe i was thinking the same thing. but, i just realized how good our D looks right now. I mean its not the ravens, but i like it

A-K Pickett K. Allen? KGB

A.J. Hawk N. Barnett B. TAylor (or another draftie)

C. Woodson Al Harris

Manuel Collins

Anti-Polar Bear
04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
I would rather have Randy Moss and Huff than Bush.

Joemailman
04-28-2006, 06:34 PM
I was told that the Packers and Saints are getting serious about a deal that would include Walker, Roman and the #5 pick for Stallworth and the #2 pick.

It is also being reported that the Texans are leaning towards Mario Williams as the top pick, and they are closer to a deal with him. That would pave the way for the Packers to select Reggie Bush at #2 IF both deals happen.

This post is off of PackerChatters forum. Don't know if there is anything to it, but it is interssting.

Charles Woodson
04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
UGHH. As much as i like Bush, i want hawk

LEWCWA
04-28-2006, 07:31 PM
That would be an awsome deal! Reggie Bush and Stallworth for Walker, Hawk and Roman! Really to good to be true though!! Stallworth is ready to breakout, he is as talented as Walker!

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Ripped from JSO:

packerschatters and the Badgernation boards are saying that Walker and New Orleans are talking deal....the Packers would get the #2 overall pick, the 2nd round pick from NO and a 2007 pick from NO in exchange for Walker and the Pack's #5 overall pick.

BF4MVP
04-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Ripped from JSO:

packerschatters and the Badgernation boards are saying that Walker and New Orleans are talking deal....the Packers would get the #2 overall pick, the 2nd round pick from NO and a 2007 pick from NO in exchange for Walker and the Pack's #5 overall pick.
I would just be so happy if that happened..I'd probably die...

MAKE IT HAPPEN, TT!!!

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 07:56 PM
If you were New Orleans would you make that deal. I wouldnt. JW's knee would be too much of a gamble to give up Reggie Bush and a 2nd round pick. IMO

MadtownPacker
04-28-2006, 07:59 PM
If you were New Orleans would you make that deal. I wouldnt. JW's knee would be too much of a gamble to give up Reggie Bush and a 2nd round pick. IMO

I agree. Plus NO has to give 2nd rounders? If TT can do it he shoudl AND THEN trade that #2 away for a TON of picks!! Oh man TT is sick, just sick. I cant wiat until tomorrow!

ecwiscott
04-28-2006, 08:10 PM
Harlan what do you think of all this?

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 08:15 PM
I think there's no chance in hell this rumored PackerChatters trade will happen. They aren't exactly very credible.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Ripped from JSO:

I would just be so happy if that happened..I'd probably die...

MAKE IT HAPPEN, TT!!!

Hang on BF4, you can't die a virgin. Priorities!!

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I think there's no chance in hell this rumored PackerChatters trade will happen. They aren't exactly very credible.

What do you mean Harvey? Arent they the ones who said Favre was going to be traded to New Orleans? Throw enough crap at the wall and if something sticks they can brag about how they were right.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Read the value board that all teams use for these types of trades, tell me what we'd have to give up to get up to #2, and then realize it ain't going to happen.