PDA

View Full Version : We're still better than the Queens...

3irty1
04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
I know a lot of people already have a bad feeling about this year but look on the bright side. We got better and the Vikings and Bears got worse.

Our young team of rookies is now a young team of 2nd year players. Our OL is better, our secondary is without Carrol and showed signs of teamwork at the end of last season. Our D line is better now that KGB isn't always tired from being run over. Not to mention we got a brand new monster DT who will hopefully keep some lineman off our awesome linebackers so they can run around kicking ass. Bubba Franks won't do worse. It was a weird year for anyone who was blocking last year. I strongly suspect that Bubba will have a bounce back to the sure-handed TD catching Bubba of old. Our young Receivers get a chance to step up and flash their talent. Nobody really knows what they can do with the exception of DD who is a stud.

The Bears lost Alfonso Boone and gained a cancerous Briggs. They lost their Defensive coordinator. Most importantly of all they failed to replace their horrible quarterback who flashed signs of luck last year but eventually proved he had no business as a starting QB for an NFL team. The amazing part is that the two guys behind him are actually worse. No defense can bail them out of this offensive train wreck.

The Queens also lost their Defensive coordinator and did almost nothing else to improve their unspectacular Defense. They were a monster against the run last year due only to the fact that their secondary is swiss cheese. They have a few guys coming back from injury but unless there is some very unQueen-like stepping up, a bad defense got worse. On offense they cut Brad Johnson in place of totally unproven Toothless Jackson who they are rushing into the starting role. They also gave up on Wiggins, who is one of the only Vikings with a history of catching the football and are trying to replace him with "the guy who backed up Jeremy Shockey" and a division 3 high jumper!!! Best of luck, I'll stick with Bubba any day. They had better hope Peterson can play because this offense sucks and might still be on the decline. But the single thing that will DESTROY the Vikings? The NFL's new behavior policy. Kiss half their roster goodbye.

Before anyone replies I realize that I will never be able to look past my raw unbridled hatred for the Bears and the Queens and under any circumstances I will always consider them worse than the Packers but I honestly can say that I feel good about this season. Remember that their schedules get harder too. I see playoffs in our future. GO PACK!!!

Bretsky
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM
I agree that we are still better than the Vikings and Lions

But I do think they both narrowed the gap this offseason.

We still should win at least 3 games in our division.

b bulldog
04-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Minny had a strong draft but I think Peterson will have to adjust his running style or he'll be in the training room more often than not.

BallHawk
04-30-2007, 09:32 PM

I see 4-2. One loss to the Bears and our annual goof-up game. Thanksgiving in Detroit, anyone?

b bulldog
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
3-3 imo

Lurker64
04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Minnesota still hasn't acquired a proven, competent quarterback in the offseason have they? (Note, the same could probably be said about Chicago.)

Rastak
04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Before anyone replies I realize that I will never be able to look past my raw unbridled hatred for the Bears and the Queens and under any circumstances I will always consider them worse than the Packers

Boy, that really makes me want to listen to your well thought out opinions.

So the sky in your world is whatever color you wish it to be?

3irty1
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Before anyone replies I realize that I will never be able to look past my raw unbridled hatred for the Bears and the Queens and under any circumstances I will always consider them worse than the Packers

Haha, call it a safety net in case Troy Williamson actually catches a ball this year.

Rastak
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM

Haha, call it a safety net in case Troy Williamson actually catches a ball this year.

Call what a safety net?

Lurker64
04-30-2007, 09:40 PM

It could get lodged in his facemask, you never know.

By the way, does Williamson still have the goofy facemask that some of the more homeristic Twin Cities sports media were holding accountable for his inability to catch the football?

Bretsky
04-30-2007, 09:42 PM

I see 4-2. One loss to the Bears and our annual goof-up game. Thanksgiving in Detroit, anyone?

I was assuming we get swept by the Bears and lose at hopefully go 3-1 against the other two

3irty1
Call what a safety net?

My position on the Bears and Vikings as an excuse in case i'm wrong. For me the sky will always be blue while we've got number 4 and they've got Rex Grossman and Toothless Jackson.

Rastak

It could get lodged in his facemask, you never know.

By the way, does Williamson still have the goofy facemask that some of the more homeristic Twin Cities sports media were holding accountable for his inability to catch the football?

Haven't heard that one in some time....either this guys eyes are messed up or he absolutely sucks as a football player.....I expect the worst and hope for the best.

Rastak
04-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Call what a safety net?

My position on the Bears and Vikings as an excuse in case i'm wrong. For me the sky will always be blue while we've got number 4 and they've got Rex Grossman and Toothless Jackson.

Dude, I'm really having trouble following you. What the the hell are you talking about? What safety net?

MadtownPacker
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey new guy! This thread should be titled

"We're ALWAYS better than the Queens..."

:P

Rastak
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey new guy! This thread should be titled

"We're ALWAYS better than the Queens..."

:P

I'd like him alot more if I understood what the hell he was saying.....

3irty1
04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Call what a safety net?

Dude, I'm really having trouble following you. What the the hell are you talking about? What safety net?

If the Vikings and Bears are good this year, Troy Williamson starts catching balls, and Jackson can throw them, Rex Grossman doesn't suck, etc. then my excuse for being wrong with my predictions right now is that I'm too much of a fan to admit when our division rivals might be good.

Rastak
04-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Call what a safety net?

If the Vikings and Bears are good this year, Troy Williamson starts catching balls, and Jackson can throw them, Rex Grossman doesn't suck, etc. then my excuse for being wrong with my predictions right now is that I'm too much of a fan to admit when our division rivals might be good.

Okay, I got ya. By the way, welcome to the board. Most folk here can step back and be a bit more neutral but I can respect the fact you come right out and admit you can't.

Seriously, this is a great football forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here. Hate me all you want if you wish....

signed,

The Resident Viking Fan.....

3irty1
04-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Call what a safety net?

Okay, I got ya. By the way, welcome to the board. Most folk here can step back and be a bit more neutral but I can respect the fact you come right out and admit you can't.

Seriously, this is a great football forum and I hope you enjoy your stay here. Hate me all you want if you wish....

signed,

Thanks a lot and feel free to make me eat my words if they get off the ground this year :)

Rastak
04-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Call what a safety net?

signed,

Thanks a lot and feel free to make me eat my words if they get off the ground this year :)

Well, I wish I could say I was sure of that....but the Childress "Kick Ass Offense" almost killed me last year. :roll:

Lurker64
04-30-2007, 10:14 PM
Ras-

The Vikes ought to be able to run the ball next year, but how do you feel about their passing attack? Jackson looks to have the physical tools, but I'm not sure he's really ready for the mental part of the game so he'll probably struggle in places. The Vikings also look thinner at WR than we are, from cursory observation. With Chilly's Martzian offensive genius, do they actually grade out to be reasonably two dimensional this year? I mean from a "speculating in April" kind of way.

Partial
04-30-2007, 10:15 PM
The Vikes are gonna be good. The Lions took a big step forward offensively this off-season. The Bears will still be good.

ahaha
04-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Run, run, pass, run, run, pass. That was the Childress offense last year. With Peterson it might be more like run, run, run, run, run, short pass.

Rastak
04-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Ras-

The Vikes ought to be able to run the ball next year, but how do you feel about their passing attack? Jackson looks to have the physical tools, but I'm not sure he's really ready for the mental part of the game so he'll probably struggle in places. The Vikings also look thinner at WR than we are, from cursory observation. With Chilly's Martzian offensive genius, do they actually grade out to be reasonably two dimensional this year? I mean from a "speculating in April" kind of way.

Well Lurk, I definately think they should be able to run the ball next year. Jackson played pretty well in preseason but as expected, a Div II QB thrown into the NFL in regular season games struggled a bit. He also was coming off knee surgery which he had during the season. I honestly think he should be much better this year. He'll be running with the first team offense and getting most of the reps. I really don;t knbow HOW much better he'll be. As for the WR corps, I admit they are definately weaker at this point than Green Bay. Driver is a helluva player and Jennings sure looked good before he was hurt. However, I do have blind hope :wink:
The Vikings have a bunch of young guys, Nance, Carter, Rice, and Allison that seem to be pretty talented. Rice is ecspecially intreaging with his size and hands.

Now Chilly....man, I wasn't impressed last year in the least. THAT has me worried. I can only hope with some additional playmakers they can do a better job and that Chilly learned a thing or two from last year. He seems like a smart guy....he better be....

MJZiggy
04-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, I wish I could say I was sure of that....but the Childress "Kick Ass Offense" almost killed me last year. :roll:

I don't know, I rather enjoyed it... :taunt:

Lurker64
04-30-2007, 10:35 PM

I don't know, I rather enjoyed it... :taunt:

I'd like to say I enjoyed it, because it wasn't very good. But as a fan of the game of football, I have to say I really couldn't stand watching it. The second Packers-Vikings game last year is one of the worst football games I have ever seen. I can't imagine how unbelievably awful it was to watch that game and not win it (though I nearly got to find out firsthand after Bubba fumbled on the 1 yard line.)

cpk1994
05-01-2007, 07:32 AM
The Vikes are gonna be good. The Lions took a big step forward offensively this off-season. The Bears will still be good.
That has been said about the Lions for how many years now? Wake me when they are actually competent on offrense.

wist43
05-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Take Favre out of the equation, and no, I don't think the Packers are better than the Vikings.

Tavaris Jackson vs. Aaron Rodgers???

That's what you're talking about when you compare the two teams... the Vikings have more talent up and down their roster. The only thing that gives GB the edge now is Favre. When he's gone, the Packers plummet down to Detroits level.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure the Vikings have more talent up and down their roster long-term, but for this year I think the only thing separating the teams is Favre.

3irty1
05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Take Favre out of the equation, and no, I don't think the Packers are better than the Vikings.

Tavaris Jackson vs. Aaron Rodgers???

That's what you're talking about when you compare the two teams... the Vikings have more talent up and down their roster. The only thing that gives GB the edge now is Favre. When he's gone, the Packers plummet down to Detroits level.

I'd take Rodgers over Toothless Jackson in a heartbeat. In Jackson's short career he has already set a franchise record for least first downs in a game with three. That was against the 8-8 Packers. That offense didn't even get a look at a field goal. The one game Rodgers really got to play in was when Brett went out AGAINST THE PATRIOTS!!! Although I think It's wrong to make a judgment on either of these guys yet, A-rod still looks like a much better QB.