PDA

View Full Version : A-rod

3irty1
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I haven't been on this forum long but I was surprised at the total lack of faith in Aaron Rodgers. Is he really that bad? How can he already be considered a mistake? We haven't seen anything from him yet as all he really did was get shut out for 3 quarters and break his foot. In his defense the defense barely gave him the ball that game and it was against the Patriots. He was a very good prospect when we got him, as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. His draft experience in 2005 certainly reminded me of Brady Quinn this year.

Is he not comparable to Quinn?

What's wrong with him?

What else would it take for the Pack to be successful with him as their starter?

Is he already a mistake?

Packnut
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
No one can make a definitive statement on him until he gets his chance.

ND72
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
well, #1, Quinn is better right now than A-Rod ever will be. Now that I said that, I've been a supporter or Rodgers since we took him...so just get used to the negativeness, it the same all of the state.

packinpatland
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
well, #1, Quinn is better right now than A-Rod ever will be. Now that I said that, I've been a supporter or Rodgers since we took him...so just get used to the negativeness, it the same all of the state.

Your opinion has nothing to do with that ND72 and Gold Helmet avatar would it? :lol:

ND72
05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
It actually has little to do with that. I've hated a lot of good QB's from Notre Dame. He's the real deal. I do have 2 friends that hate Notre Dame that seem to think he's more of a real deal than I think he is. Lots of teams are going to regret not taking Quinn.

woodbuck27
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
It actually has little to do with that. I've hated a lot of good QB's from Notre Dame. He's the real deal. I do have 2 friends that hate Notre Dame that seem to think he's more of a real deal than I think he is. Lots of teams are going to regret not taking Quinn.

Did you feel bad when TT didn't select Brady Quinn at #16?

PackerBlues
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Favre plays for what? 16,17 years? Never missed a game because of an injury. Rogers plays for how many minutes before he breaks his foot and is done for the season?

Neither here nor there, Just kind of funny. Thank god TT used that pick to get us Rogers. He sure has come in handy.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 03:31 PM

I didn't. Of course, I was hoping he wouldn't select Aaron Rodgers, but felt he almost had to--with Favre's indecision on retirement.

PackerBlues
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
ouch, good point Harvey.

MJZiggy
05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I haven't been on this forum long but I was surprised at the total lack of faith in Aaron Rodgers. Is he really that bad? How can he already be considered a mistake? We haven't seen anything from him yet as all he really did was get shut out for 3 quarters and break his foot. In his defense the defense barely gave him the ball that game and it was against the Patriots. He was a very good prospect when we got him, as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out. His draft experience in 2005 certainly reminded me of Brady Quinn this year.

Is he not comparable to Quinn?

What's wrong with him?

What else would it take for the Pack to be successful with him as their starter?

Is he already a mistake?

No, you are right. He hasn't gotten a chance yet. The only detail I think needs to be noted is that he didn't play 3 quarters and broke his foot. He broke his foot and played 3 quarters on it. Wasn't willing to give up his shot just because of an injury.

I don't know if he's comparable to Quinn, I've only seen Quinn in a couple games so I'm not willing to make a call on no information.

It's impossible to say what it would take without seeing him play. I think right now quarterback school and playing behind Brett is very good for him because IIRC, he needs to learn to not lock onto the side of the field he intends to throw to.

He isn't a mistake until he flops, if he flops. He may end up being a very servicable field general, or Ingle may run right over him. Too soon to tell.

ND72
05-01-2007, 03:52 PM

I didn't feel bad, cause I basically knew he couldn't...and thought that he would basically send everyone a statement by not taking Quinn. But I was hoping we'd use him as some trade bait...which evidently we were close to, but didn't take.