PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Johnson Released

OS PA
05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Panthers release WR Johnson
May 1, 2007
http://www.panthers.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=18646

The Carolina Panthers have released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson, the team announced Tuesday.

Johnson spent one season with the Panthers after playing with the New York Jets,
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Dallas Cowboys.

"We appreciated the contribution of Keyshawn in his season with the Panthers," said head coach John Fox. "He brought us high production, but at this time, we are in a situation in which we have a number of young receivers and thought this was the right time to make the decision."

"Keyshawn brought what we knew he would when we signed him, and we wish him the very best," said general manager Marty Hurney.

The 34-year old Johnson has played 11 seasons in the NFL and ranks in a 15th place tie in career receiving with 814 catches for 10,571 yards and 64 touchdowns. He had 70 receptions for 815 yards and four touchdowns last season for the Panthers.

__________________________________________________ ________

Any chance TT gives Johnson a shot? Also, Keyshawn must feel betrayed after spending eleven hours on Saturday analyzing picks on ESPN and telling all of the other analysts how excited he was to play with the Panthers new draft picks. I kind of feel bad for the guy, when the Panthers drafted Dwyane Jarett Keyshawn was excited about his opportunity to teach Jarett the game, and in no way did he have any idea that at that moment we was being made expendable.

pittstang5
05-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Any chance TT gives Johnson a shot?

Nope. Not after drafting two in the draft and all the others on the roster.

packinpatland
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Somehow, I don't see this happening. This might be construed as 'newsy' and TT doesn't do that.

PackerBlues
05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
I think TT has already signed his two free agents for this year hasnt he?

(Not that I would recall their names or position or anything. TT dont like proven talent either. If he didnt "discover" the guy, then the guy just wont fit Teddy's "mold" of what a good player is.)

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
No thanks!

OS PA
05-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Isn't he the one reciever type we don't have on our roster though? The big and strong ten yard possession type who makes big plays in the endzone?

PackerBlues
05-01-2007, 03:40 PM
At age 34, thats really pushing it. But compared to Fergy and Robinson, .......yeah, I would take him.

hurleyfan
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Take a shot on the cheap! I'm sure he's making a nice piece of change though :cry:

Spaulding
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Ouch - et tu brute? Talk about getting the shaft after being on prime time and talking up the picks. I've never been a huge fan of Keyshawn but would take watching him ANY day over Michael Irvin on the tube.

Keyshawn should take Irvin's place.

I first that.

Spaulding
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Ouch - et tu brute? Talk about getting the shaft after being on prime time and talking up the picks. I've never been a huge fan of Keyshawn but would take watching him ANY day over Michael Irvin on the tube.

I first that.

I second that.

Spaulding
05-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Looks like the ayes have it - motion carried :D

Cheesehead Craig
05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
OMG! A free agent WR is on the market! We have to sign him now or else all is lost! :roll:

packers11
05-01-2007, 04:41 PM
He is SOLID in the redzone...

VERY SOLID...

The Leaper
05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
We have a practice squad. If Jones/Clowney aren't ready, we can stick them there.

There is no reason for TT to sit on the sidelines and let Keyshawn drift by. He is a big target that could provide some much needed help in the red zone.

I doubt Keyshawn will come to Green Bay though...so it will be a moot point.

Lurker64
05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I don't know why he was cut, but usually "getting cut" isn't really a gold star on a guy's record. This would be his 3rd team in three seasons, there has to be some reason that the guy can't keep a job in the NFL.

Thankfully, we have a GM and a scouting staff whose job it is to evaluate players, so we on the internet don't have to. Thank goodness.

gbpackfan
05-01-2007, 06:33 PM
TT isnt going to sign him. Come on, where have you guys been.

The Packers will be an average team (at best) until TT is fired. Plain and simple.

MJZiggy
05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Lurker, you keep making my posts for me. Thanks for saving me the keystrokes... :)

packinpatland
05-01-2007, 07:00 PM
You have to wonder why they gave him the 3 mil THEN cut him.

MJZiggy
05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Maybe the fans in their forums talked them into taking him on before they found out he didn't fit...

Iron Mike
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Wait a minute. He's not called Me-shawn or Keychain anymore??? :wink:

MadtownPacker
05-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Isn't he the one reciever type we don't have on our roster though? The big and strong ten yard possession type who makes big plays in the endzone?Those evil thought are crossing my mind too!

Hell, if we where willing to accept moss character should not be an issue for Meshawn.

If he can get TDs in the redzone then bring him in. Otherwise to hell with him.

Fosco33
05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
When he played for Dallas, he'd be on my flights almost weekly to SoCal. I got a chance to sit next to him a few times and tried to make some lame conversation.

Overall, he's not a 'nice' guy and is extremely self absorbed. He's an average/aging WR that probably wants some cash. Let some other team take the chance - this guy is no Rison.

Bretsky
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
No thanks to KJ

We have a bunch of bodies at WR and we have to figure out if any of them are going to be players

No room for a aging WR

He makes sense for an established contender needing a #3/#4 for depth. He'll hook on with somebody

Charles Woodson
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
When he played for Dallas, he'd be on my flights almost weekly to SoCal. I got a chance to sit next to him a few times and tried to make some lame conversation.

Overall, he's not a 'nice' guy and is extremely self absorbed. He's an average/aging WR that probably wants some cash. Let some other team take the chance - this guy is no Rison.

Just curious, were you in First or regular class?

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Those evil thought are crossing my mind too!

Hell, if we where willing to accept moss character should not be an issue for Meshawn.

If he can get TDs in the redzone then bring him in. Otherwise to hell with him.

He may be big, but he's not really a redzone threat. The guy is basically a tall possession receiver. He's averaged just 4.5 TDs/year his last 6 years.

b bulldog
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Pass on KJ

oregonpackfan
05-01-2007, 10:09 PM
No Moss, No T.O., No KJ, please!

retailguy
05-01-2007, 10:23 PM
No Moss, No T.O., No KJ, please!

Agreed, we've got James Jones! :shock: :wink:

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd take any WR taken in this draft over KJ.

Rastak
05-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I'd take any WR taken in this draft over KJ.

I thought about this in relation to the Vikes. Before the draft I would have absolutely endorsed signing him but the Vikings after the draft have about 10 young WRs on the roster.....some are just a guy but some have significant upside. So I'm thinking there really isn't room for the old dude
if the the young guys are going to get the game experience.

VegasPackFan
05-01-2007, 11:13 PM
This is hilarious considering he spent a good amount of time on ESPN draft day telling Jarrett that he would teach him all the ropes and how to make a lot of money in the NFL.

The Panthers probably saw that and decided right then and there.......

Partial
05-02-2007, 12:02 AM

Do you honestly Meshawn is flying coach? I am sure it was a corporate ticket so it was first class I am sure. Fos lives in Cali so I bet he does quite well for himself.

bbbffl66
05-02-2007, 12:24 AM
This seems logical. Like the signing of Woodson last year to keep the wolves from the door. If TT signs KJ, he can say "See, I am helping the offense. No need to get upset about being taken to the woodshed by Belicheck. Again."

MJZiggy
05-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Do you honestly Meshawn is flying coach? I am sure it was a corporate ticket so it was first class I am sure. Fos lives in Cali so I bet he does quite well for himself.

And there are no poor or middle class people in Cali. :roll:

BooHoo
05-02-2007, 07:38 AM
I would be surprised if TT even considered picking up KJ.

3irty1
05-02-2007, 08:02 AM

One of my buddies sat next to DD on a flight once. They fly just like we do.

gureski
05-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Although I don't want to see Johnson in Green and Gold, I can give hope to those that do want him here....and that hope is that the New England Patriots can't sign everyone, right? I mean, at some point they have to stop signing players. You're only allowed so many...

PackerBlues
05-02-2007, 08:32 AM

Not trying to challenge your opinion of the guy or anything, but.......I imagine that being as how he is kind of "high profile" in the media, that he probably gets quite a few people trying to chat him up. I could see where a guy could get sick of that after a while and become a little "self absorbed".

Just an observation, nothing more.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Meshawn "Just Give Me The Damn Ball" Johnson? Yeah, it doesn't seem like a stretch to think he'd be self-absorbed.

Merlin
05-02-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't know why he was cut, but usually "getting cut" isn't really a gold star on a guy's record. This would be his 3rd team in three seasons, there has to be some reason that the guy can't keep a job in the NFL.

Thankfully, we have a GM and a scouting staff whose job it is to evaluate players, so we on the internet don't have to. Thank goodness.

William Henderson was "cut" or do you prefer the word "released" better? Keyshawn has matured a lot since his younger days and now I think he just wants to play the game. I think he can be had cheap so give him a shot. His WR stats are definitely better then Robinson's and we signed him! Oh wait, he wasn't a Seahawk, isn't a backup and he plays offense, nevermind.

PackerBlues
05-02-2007, 05:07 PM
William Henderson was "cut" or do you prefer the word "released" better? Keyshawn has matured a lot since his younger days and now I think he just wants to play the game. I think he can be had cheap so give him a shot. His WR stats are definitely better then Robinson's and we signed him! Oh wait, he wasn't a Seahawk, isn't a backup and he plays offense, nevermind.

ROFLMFAO.........Very well said! Another plus is that he isnt a Speedy Drunk, and his name isnt Robert "special teams"Fergusen.

By the way.......William Henderson was a class act from start to finish. He did what was asked of him and was not in it for the glory. The way he was used in most of his carreer.......he didnt get much attention. He should have, he was the complete professional Football player. A total fitness freak that kept track of every single calorie and every single carb. I enjoyed watching him play, and honestly, mostly in his last couple of years as a packer. Watching him leap over defenders while the media was pointing at his age. He did not play like an old man! He was playing for the league veterans minimum pay........and if I remember correctly, thats because he agreed to restructure his contract a year or so before.

He only had one year left on his contract, and still wanted to play.

What kind of cap room do we have right now?

How long was Willy with the Packers?

Even if you wanted to argue that William Henderson was past his prime (wich i sure as hell didnt think he was) Why in the Hell wouldnt you carry him.........for that one last year of his contract? Henderson had great character, and was a very positive influence in the locker room.

Why cut him?

Lurker64
05-02-2007, 05:11 PM
William Henderson was "cut" or do you prefer the word "released" better?

Henderson got cut because he couldn't play the game at a high level anymore. Which is a good indication to anybody looking to sign Henderson to "Watch out! Don't sign this guy, he can't play like he used to." I love Henderson as much as any of the rest of us, but he seriously had lost a lot more than a step last year and it really showed on the field. Keeping him around would have been a sentimental move, but not a smart one.

Just like I was saying. "Getting cut" is something that means you need to look closely at the guy, and ask questions like "why was he cut?" The fact that Keyshawn's been dumped from two teams in two years means that you have to ask those questions a little harder.

MJZiggy
05-02-2007, 05:11 PM
By the way.......William Henderson was a class act from start to finish. He did what was asked of him and was not in it for the glory. The way he was used in most of his carreer.......he didnt get much attention. He should have, he was the complete professional Football player. A total fitness freak that kept track of every single calorie and every single carb. I enjoyed watching him play, and honestly, mostly in his last couple of years as a packer. Watching him leap over defenders while the media was pointing at his age. He did not play like an old man! He was playing for the league veterans minimum pay........and if I remember correctly, thats because he agreed to restructure his contract a year or so before.

Absolutely!!!

Charles Woodson
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Why cut him?

Because TT didnt care what hes done for the team. I agree Henderson deserved a spot. I mean we cut Henderson and now what do we have? Justin Griffin? oh wait TT couldnt get him signed... Did we draft one? well if you call a linebacker in the 6th or a rb in the 7th then sure. I sure as hell wanted him to say

oregonpackfan
05-02-2007, 05:47 PM
I have always admired William Henderson both as a professional football player as well as a fine man.

His physical talents, however, had erroded the past two seasons. As much as everyone wants a player of his character to stay with the Packers, it was just his time to retire, simple as that.

Just don't forget him. He deserves to be in the Packers HOF.

Lurker64
05-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Because TT didnt care what hes done for the team. I agree Henderson deserved a spot. I mean we cut Henderson and now what do we have? Justin Griffin? oh wait TT couldnt get him signed... Did we draft one? well if you call a linebacker in the 6th or a rb in the 7th then sure. I sure as hell wanted him to say

We still Miree, who was by far our most productive FB last year. So were were supposed to keep Henderson around to be a backup FB, a liability on special teams, and a filled roster spot?

I mean, I love Henderson and he belongs in the Packer hall of fame, but keeping him around wouldn't have helped the Packers or Henderson.

Charles Woodson
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM

We still Miree, who was by far our most productive FB last year. So were were supposed to keep Henderson around to be a backup FB, a liability on special teams, and a filled roster spot?

I mean, I love Henderson and he belongs in the Packer hall of fame, but keeping him around wouldn't have helped the Packers or Henderson.

so we cut him instead of letting him have the option of retiring?

PackerBlues
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM

Maybe not.....but all things considered.......would it have hurt the Packers to keep him for one more year?

Lurker64
05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Maybe not.....but all things considered.......would it have hurt the Packers to keep him for one more year?

He would have gotten cut in training camp. Otherwise, it would have hurt the Packers. Keeping the guy along with full knowledge that you'd cut him in camp isn't the sort of thing you do to a many year veteran that you like and have respect for.

MJZiggy
05-02-2007, 06:32 PM

so we cut him instead of letting him have the option of retiring?

We cut him to give him the opportunity to find another team if that is what he chooses to do. Should he not find another team to sign on with and chooses to retire, he will simply retire as a Packer.

packinpatland
05-02-2007, 06:48 PM
William Henderson was "cut" or do you prefer the word "released" better?

Henderson got cut because he couldn't play the game at a high level anymore. Which is a good indication to anybody looking to sign Henderson to "Watch out! Don't sign this guy, he can't play like he used to." I love Henderson as much as any of the rest of us, but he seriously had lost a lot more than a step last year and it really showed on the field. Keeping him around would have been a sentimental move, but not a smart one.

Just like I was saying. "Getting cut" is something that means you need to look closely at the guy, and ask questions like "why was he cut?" The fact that Keyshawn's been dumped from two teams in two years means that you have to ask those questions a little harder.

I really have a problem comparing the two. William Henderson, as said, was the epitome of class. Keyshawn on the other hand only had talent.
Both good at their peak. Just apples and oranges in other ways.

Merlin
05-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Miree didn't outperform Henderson, he got the nod over Henderson. How many players in the NFL can you say "hey, you aren't on the roster this week". Then the day before or day of the game you call him up and go "hey, the guy we got to replace you is sick, can you hop on a plane?". Henderson had the knee injury early and they used that as an excuse not to dress him. He still went out and did what was asked of him and never complaining

You don't cut players like that, especially when they are contributing and he did.

TT screwed WH royally and showed that loyalty doesn't mean anything to the Packers. That was the one thing we could not afford to lose, our integrity.

esoxx
05-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Miree's a below average "starter". Nothing special at all.

The Packers roster of RB/FB's overall is appalling. About the same at TE position.

These are glaring holes that will be exposed soon enough.

Merlin
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Miree's a below average "starter". Nothing special at all.

The Packers roster of RB/FB's overall is appalling. About the same at TE position.

These are glaring holes that will be exposed soon enough.

Exposed?

Soon?

LOL!

That's like saying Paris Hilton will be exposed soon :shock: !

esoxx
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah, just like saying Paris Hilton will be exposed soon...just like that. :?: :?:

Brohm
05-02-2007, 08:29 PM
I think the RB's will be alright. Most pundits thought Levens was a reach in the 5th round. I hope TT can prove em wrong as much as Wolf did.

FB's another story. Hope that on the job training works out.

HarveyWallbangers
05-02-2007, 09:32 PM

You're kidding, right?

Fosco33
05-02-2007, 11:45 PM

1st - but only because I have killer status - I wouldn't pay for it for a 2.5 hour flight.

PackerBlues
05-03-2007, 09:13 AM
wow, was just looking over Hendersons stats.

From 2003-2006 Henderson had 1 rushing attempt for -5 yards.

During that same time, 2003-2006 he had 100 receptions for 779 yards.

2006 was his least productive year by far. Only 12 receptions for 62 yards.

He always was used more for blocking than anything else though......in my opinion anyway.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1105

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
The dude is 36 years old and he's a bad fit for the scheme. Are you really going to knock Thompson's decision to cut William Henderson?

MadtownPacker
05-03-2007, 11:41 AM
So what happen to Keyshawn? Is there even a hint of rumor about teams interested?

Zool
05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Giants is one name ESPN threw out lastnight.

PackerBlues
05-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Someone will pick up Keyshawn.......just dont expect it to be the Packers.

b bulldog
05-03-2007, 04:36 PM
If I were either KC,Jacksonville,San Diego or the Colts I'd be talking with his agent.

PackerBlues
05-03-2007, 05:00 PM
The dude is 36 years old and he's a bad fit for the scheme. Are you really going to knock Thompson's decision to cut William Henderson?

To Quote Tommy Morrison when asked if he wanted to fight "Big George," Morrison replied "not just ‘yes,’ but ‘hell yes!’ "

"not just ‘yes,’ but ‘hell yes!’ "

Sorry, I am one of those guys that believes in loyalty to a good friend. William Henderson was a good friend........to all of us. He didnt get any glory for what he did. He was asked to block, so he did. No complaints.
What do you think that does for your stats? Here, you tell me:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1105

Look at how often he ran the ball. 2003-2006 he ran the ball one time. Once. So he did a lot of blocking, but then in the same time period he has 100 receptions for 779 yards. 7 TD"s on Receptions in that time period. His stats before 2003 were incredible. Henderson simply did what was asked of him. He changed his stye of play to fit what the coaches needed him to do. He was a pro. Old age did not catch up to Henderson. Did you not see him leaping defenders man? He was having fun doing it, and I had fun watching him doing it. Him and his team mates would be on the sidelines together laughing whenever he jumped over someone. Its what got him into the 2005 Pro Bowl!!!!! It wasnt any one thing that he did. It was the way that he did 'what was asked of him'. With a Smile on his face.

So, Not just Yes!, but HELL YES!!!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
05-03-2007, 05:04 PM
That's all I needed to know.

Fosco33
05-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Big Will or Hendo as I call him was great for the Packers as a team. His skills and contributions have lessened lately and for that, his time is over. Same thing happened for Butler more recently and among many others over the decades.

Bretsky
05-04-2007, 07:13 AM
If I were either KC,Jacksonville,San Diego or the Colts I'd be talking with his agent.

Ditto

A contender with a good chance of making a run should snap up this savvy veternan. That is not us. We should be figuring out if the portfolio of wide receivers are a bunch of Taco Wallaces or NFL Players.

PackerBlues
05-04-2007, 07:24 AM
I am pretty sure Butler's career was ended by that broken shoulder. This situation is a little different, because Henderson is such a fitness fanatic and has not had any major injuries.

I am simply suggesting that in my opinion, with only one year left on his contract (this year), at the veterans minimum, and with Henderson still wanting to play........he should have been allowed to finish out his contract.

Dont tell me we couldnt afford the "cap hit" or the roster spot, because that is pure horse shit.

falco
05-04-2007, 07:36 AM
I am pretty sure Butler's career was ended by that broken shoulder. This situation is a little different, because Henderson is such a fitness fanatic and has not had any major injuries.

I am simply suggesting that in my opinion, with only one year left on his contract (this year), at the veterans minimum, and with Henderson still wanting to play........he should have been allowed to finish out his contract.

Dont tell me we couldnt afford the "cap hit" or the roster spot, because that is pure horse shit.

Thank god you're not running the team. :roll:

BallHawk
05-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Why cut him?

Yep, TT's a heartless bastard who doesn't care about what players have done for the Pack. Hmm, let's see....Favre and Driver have done a lot for the team....uh, oh, I think they should be packing their bags.

Justin Griffith went to the Raiders because he had connections with the coaches.

Would you rather keep Henderson out of sentimental reasons, knowing that he won't do anything more for you than he did last season or would you rather keep a young guy who has the possibility of adding something to the team that wasn't there last year?

In the end, I think that is what TT asked himself and the answer was apparent.

Zool
05-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Dont tell me we couldnt afford the "cap hit" or the roster spot, because that is pure horse shit.I have been loyal to the Packers for far longer than Henderson, and I want to play. Should they use up a roster spot on me? I'll play for $50k.

NFL rosters are a finite number and cannot be flexed. Every spot if valuable. Henderson will be somewhere in the front office either this year or next. We dont really need to worry about him too much.

MJZiggy
05-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Actually I'd expect to see him in a broadcast booth somewhere or at a sports desk which is probably where he will want to end up anyway. He has a lot of talent for on-air work.

I think the Packers did what was most fair for everyone involved. They released Henderson very early in the offseason to give him the best shot at hooking up with another team if that's what he wanted to do. If not, he can still retire a Packer. This also frees up a roster spot for a young player who could make solid contributions to the team for years to come.

It's a fact of life. Players get older. He was given a two-year deal to keep him at home, but the way life works in the NFL is that no one is immune. Anyone could get cut at any time. Favre struggled two seasons ago and some fools were calling to trade him off. That's just how it works.

PackerBlues
05-04-2007, 08:47 AM
I guess you guys are right. Since we are going to the super bowl this year and we have sooooo many talented players filling our roster spots thanks to the Great Ted Thompson, how in the world could they ever fit old Willy on the team for one more year? You guys are absolutely right. 100% of the time, how could I have ever have been so wrong as to form an opinion based on loyalty to a guy who has only played for this team for a measley 12 years.

Bow down before Teddy, the greatest GM ever. (':worship:')

So, is there someplace I should sign up now that I have seen the light and joined you guys? Is there a secret hand shake? Who's opinion are we going to belittle next? Does Ted prefer top or bottom?

(':bang:')(':bang:')(':bang:')

BooHoo
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Maybe New England will sign Keyshawn. They have signed pretty much everybody else! I am looking forward to see how New England and Denver do this year after spending so much effort into free agency.

MJZiggy
05-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh cut it out. We're having a discussion here, right? How boring would it be if everyone always agreed with you? :huh:

I think Hendo's a great guy. Evidently he took this news a whole lot better than you did. I thought he said he saw that it was best for the team.

Zool
05-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I guess you guys are right. Since we are going to the super bowl this year and we have sooooo many talented players filling our roster spots thanks to the Great Ted Thompson, how in the world could they ever fit old Willy on the team for one more year? You guys are absolutely right. 100% of the time, how could I have ever have been so wrong as to form an opinion based on loyalty to a guy who has only played for this team for a measley 12 years.

So, is there someplace I should sign up now that I have seen the light and joined you guys? Is there a secret hand shake? Who's opinion are we going to belittle next? Does Ted prefer top or bottom?

(':bang:')(':bang:')(':bang:')You finally see the light. Thanks for playing.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2007, 09:29 AM

(':bang:')(':bang:')(':bang:')

This is the same sentimental mentality some of the "Bring Back Gilbert" crowd espoused a couple years back. And of course nobody signed him either, because like Henderson - he was done. Just like many of the players, some of you don't know when to call it a career.

And leave the sarcasm to the professionals junior.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Packerblue is just talking from the heart. We all would love Henderson to have something left in the tank so he could play but the fact no team has given him a sniff says alot. He has a golden reputation throughout the league so there is only one reason not to sign him. That one reason is a reality and thats why he wont play this season.

Likely it is better for him to get away from the game for a year so that next season he cant be able to be around football without the urge to play being so strong.

Just like a regular guy who works 40 years at a factory then one day retires, Hendo likely doesnt know what to do with himself. He will adjust and we will see him again in a different form. Whatever it is he will excel at it just like he did as a Packer.

Brohm
05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I could see Hendo coming back as an assistant RB coach for FB (do they exist :P ).

Definately eloquent enough to be in the booth as an analyst. :)