PDA

View Full Version : Super Secret Lienies Beer

potsdam_11
04-28-2006, 06:56 PM
If you live long enough, occasionally you stumble over something fun..

So for you lovers of all things Leininkugel.. I have just finished a sample of a new IPA wheat beer from Leinies, compliments of a buddy of mine that owns a liquor store... A non-descript plain white label marked "Sample Only Not for resale" adorns this very leinie looking bottle...

Thoughts.... mmmmm, tasty, not as hoppy as I prefer my IPA but a very decent rendition... long lasting head... a decent IPA. Like all Leinie brews, it's a kinder gentler beer... not a bad thing... This will be great mid summer... actually it was damn good now. I let the last half glass warm up quite a bit, and it still held up.... Decent everyday brew.

Of course I know that Leinies "planted" these bottles everywhere, so they are secretly distributed to folks, who will jump on the net and brag to all their buddies, and build the anticipation for this product..... and you know what ... thats ok.. I'm a Leinies fan from way back...

If you know a liqour store owner in the upper midwest, maybe you too can sample one... I'm pretty sure, many cases of this stuff exist...

Good Luck.. :D

Iron Mike
04-29-2006, 07:58 AM
I got a couple free pints of Leinie's Sunset Wheat a few weeks ago at a bar where the owner was trying to pimp it.

It's not bad, but I just could get used to the coriander taste in there.

I'll wait until fall and have an Apple Spice. :razz:

GBRulz
04-29-2006, 08:39 AM
My concoction of choice is a honey bear....half Berry, half Honey :wink:

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Secret agent beer info. This is almost as good as draft gossip.