PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss' Deal

packinpatland
05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Was just listening to the Red Sox game, the announcers said Tom Brady 're-did' his contract to help bring Moss to NE.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

MJZiggy
05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Why would he have to do that if Moss came so cheap. He's not thinking. He's got babies to support...

Brando19
05-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Just because Brady redid his contract doesn't mean he takes a pay cut. Sure it sounds good and makes Brady look big...but he just delays getting all his money for a year or two.

I just found this regarding the Moss deal:
Rob Demovsky, of the Green Bay Press Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson was willing to give up a fifth-round pick for New England Patriots WR Randy Moss, but not a fourth-round pick like the Patriots traded.

:evil: :evil: :x

MadtownPacker
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Redo his deal?? The money moss got would only require the beerman to redo his deal!!!

packers11
05-01-2007, 07:44 PM
hes going to be a FA next year... I don't think TT wanted a 1 year deal with his "precious" fourth rounder... :lol:

ND72
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Mike & Mike had reported that early in the day, and I think it was even reported yesterday already. Brady had his contract redone and had $2million moved to later years and taken off this year. According to Mike & Mike, the Patriots are still goign to have to make some other moves so they even have enough money to sign their rookies.

b bulldog
05-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Good for the Pats, hopefully they will cut someone with value so we can snatch them up.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 09:40 PM
He restructured his contract. I'd bet the farm that he didn't lose a cent in the deal. Numerous players do it, but only the likes of Elway (especially), Favre, and Brady get glorified for it. It's not even worth reporting--yet ESPN reports it every 1/2 hour.

b bulldog
05-01-2007, 09:47 PM
pUSHING BACK $$ is all it really is

packers11
05-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm still kind of pissed Moss offered to rework his contract, and TT actually thought no one was talking to him over Saturday night...

I would have loved to see his face in the morning knowing that NE offered a fourth... Which was considered a "steal".... Still boggles my mind :(

b bulldog
05-01-2007, 09:50 PM
mOSS JUST PICKED THE pATS OVER the Packers. he mooned the fans a few years back and now he told Tt and the front office to kiss his a$$

packers11
05-01-2007, 09:53 PM
mOSS JUST PICKED THE pATS OVER the Packers. he mooned the fans a few years back and now he told Tt and the front office to kiss his a$$

NO HE DID NOT... THE RAIDERS PICKED THE PATS OVER THE PACKERS... SIMPLE AS THAT...

PackerBlues
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Thats funny. I could have sworn he was Traded. Not cut with the ability to make deals with whomever he chose. The Pats offered a 4th. Teddy offered a 5th. not hard to figure out why he went to New England.

ND72
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM

NO HE DID NOT... THE RAIDERS PICKED THE PATS OVER THE PACKERS... SIMPLE AS THAT...

You're wrong. The Raiders told Moss's agent they had offers from the Patriots and the Packes. Moss's agent contact the Raiders and told them he would restructure his contract for the Patriots, but if the Packers wanted Moss, they'd have to trade for him under his current contract, and that wouldn't cut it. Moss picked the Patriots.

packers11
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
"Also, it's not true that Moss was unwilling to renegotiate his contract for other teams. The Packers talked contract numbers with Moss' agent, and Moss was asking for about the same money (around $3 million) from Green Bay as he got from the Patriots. The deal breaker in this appeared to be the compensation to Oakland.

"I know this: As late as Sunday morning, Thompson still thought the Packers were in the running to land Moss."

Source : Rob Demovsky

esoxx
05-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Ted could have got him if he was more aggresive earlier. But that's not the Turtle way.

Bretsky
05-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Ted could have got him if he was more aggresive earlier. But that's not the Turtle way.

BINGO BINGO BINGO BINGO BINGO

packers11
05-01-2007, 10:02 PM

and thats why i can't get over the situation.. I think im going to go hunting for turtles :wink: :smack:

ND72
05-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Personally, I'm glad the trade never happened. If there was one player I did NOT want on our team was Moss. I still have a hard time believing he's not gonna have some kind of problem while in New England...it'll just be covered up by them winning. Randy Moss would NOT have made us a 12-4/13-3 type team.

packers11
05-01-2007, 10:06 PM
ND he would have made the team better... you can't deny that...

the thing that bugs me is TT has no balls... none what so ever... He will never take a risk in his life... Why bother going to work TT , you might get hit by a car on the way (its to big of a risk)... Just stay home in your SHELL...

retailguy
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Personally, I'm glad the trade never happened. If there was one player I did NOT want on our team was Moss. I still have a hard time believing he's not gonna have some kind of problem while in New England...it'll just be covered up by them winning. Randy Moss would NOT have made us a 12-4/13-3 type team.

I agree, but THAT WASN'T HIS POINT. Are you willing to concede the point?

I didn't want Moss either, but, it is POSSIBLE, that the turtle gambled and lost... again. It is POSSIBLE that the turtle estimated value... and LOST... again. It is POSSIBLE that the turtle played poker and gambled... and LOST... again.

Rob Demovsky is a reliable source. You can't dismiss this one that easily.

ND72
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM

the thing that bugs me is TT has no balls... none what so ever... He will never take a risk in his life... Why bother going to work TT , you might get hit by a car on the way (its to big of a risk)... Just stay home in your SHELL...

and when we started to loose, cause we will have that again this year...he would have been a cancer. I celebrated when I read he wasn't traded to Green Bay.

GrnBay007
05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
pUSHING BACK $$ is all it really is

Maybe his child support amount is going to be set with this year's income so he wants to withhold earnings till later. :shock: :P

retailguy
05-01-2007, 10:09 PM

You know, I just can't go here. Taking Harrell was a RISK. There is no denying that...

A free agent risk? That's a different thing entirely. :P

ND72

I didn't want Moss either, but, it is POSSIBLE, that the turtle gambled and lost... again. It is POSSIBLE that the turtle estimated value... and LOST... again. It is POSSIBLE that the turtle played poker and gambled... and LOST... again.

I agree about the Thompson move. I'm going by Jay Glazer and John Clayton on this one over Rob Demovsky (of which, I've never heard of him)...both of them said Moss essentially picked the Patriots over the Packers.

retailguy

and when we started to loose, cause we will have that again this year...he would have been a cancer. I celebrated when I read he wasn't traded to Green Bay.

So did I, but that's not the point either..... :wink:

retailguy
05-01-2007, 10:12 PM

I agree about the Thompson move. I'm going by Jay Glazer and John Clayton on this one over Rob Demovsky (of which, I've never heard of him)...both of them said Moss essentially picked the Patriots over the Packers.

Fair enough... Too bad we don't get to know what actually happened...

These transactions are a "window in the soul"... It would tell us a lot about who Thompson really is as a GM....

btw - Rob Demovsky is a reporter for the GB press gazette, and in my opinion a damn good one, even when I disagree with him...

3irty1
05-01-2007, 10:14 PM

I don't think it's a stretch. Moss is one of the greatest receivers ever and we have every reason to believe that he is motivated. He wants the ball a lot but probably not as many times as Favre wants to give it to him :) I don't think we would have a problem with him and even if we would have it's no excuse not to go after him with a significant effort.

HarveyWallbangers
05-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Where's the picture of the baby crying again? I was for getting Moss with a midround pick, but Moss wanted to play in NE. Get over yourselves already.

MJZiggy
05-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Harvey, that picture next to your avatar for some reason is just hilarious to me.

b bulldog
05-02-2007, 06:50 AM
TT would only give a fifth rounder for Moss, no more. Moss did want to play for the Pats but he also said that he was open to renegitiating with the Pack. It is fine that Moss isn't here but the main reason he isn't is TT.

woodbuck27
05-03-2007, 03:01 PM

and we should all agree on that as the basis of why he's a Pat; thus not ever have to defend TT on not acquiring him.

We were set at WR anyway. NOT !!!

This is what I'm left with:

By Mike Vandermause

The Green Bay Packers were the big losers Sunday in the Randy Moss sweepstakes.

A Moss trade to Green Bay has been rumored for most of the offseason, but the Packers couldn't close the deal.

They weren't aggressive enough in attempting to land a desperately

Somewhere in Mississippi, quarterback Brett Favre must be frowning.

Instead of adding a proven Pro Bowl receiver, the Packers' idea of helping Favre over the weekend was to draft a pair of unproven wideouts who will be hard-pressed to make an immediate impact.

The New England Patriots were the big winners in the Moss derby. They secured Moss' services for the bargain-basement price of a fourth-round draft choice and a reported $3 million in compensation in 2007.

Comment woodbuck27:

Did Ted Thompson put in the real effort required to properly assess the prospect of attaining Randy Moss? Did he have enough time to do that? Did he even give a DAM? :)

b bulldog
05-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Hopefully we can get something decent out of KRob this season but that may be tough.

Brando19
05-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Someone please change the front page of the website with the pic of Moss!!!! I HATE SEEING HIM EVERYTIME I VISIT THE SITE!!!!! :cry:

Rastak
05-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Someone please change the front page of the website with the pic of Moss!!!! I HATE SEEING HIM EVERYTIME I VISIT THE SITE!!!!! :cry:

Why? I thought everybody loved him!

MJZiggy
05-03-2007, 07:20 PM

It's hard being jilted...

Brando19
05-03-2007, 07:41 PM

That's why! I'm used to coming home and looking on the internet in hopes of seeing, "Moss to Green Bay"...but that's not a reality anymore so why tease the idea?

Rastak
05-03-2007, 08:38 PM

That's why! I'm used to coming home and looking on the internet in hopes of seeing, "Moss to Green Bay"...but that's not a reality anymore so why tease the idea?

Well, watch him in NE! I actually tried to watch what Raiders games I could his first year there....but he really fizzled so I lost interest. And now, I just don't think he's the same guy he was.