PDA

View Full Version : BJ Sander tries out with Bengals

KYPack
05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Yep,

BJ's odyssey from 3rd round pick to NFL gypsy continues. He's getting a cattle call tryout with other ex-NFL bargain basement FA's to try out with Cincy.

Further reports will be posted when he gets cut.

swede
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Funny. Is he the one former Packer whose number Mike Sherman has managed to lose.

MacCool606
05-02-2007, 03:04 PM
If I remember correctly, Sherman traded up to "grab" BJ because he was worried that Cincinnati was going to pick him just ahead of the packers. The Bengals basically played MS like a fiddle.

cpk1994
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
If I remember correctly, Sherman traded up to "grab" BJ because he was worried that Cincinnati was going to pick him just ahead of the packers. The Bengals basically played MS like a fiddle.
Then he refused to put BJ on the practice squad because he feared he would be taken by another team. A punter with a sub 30 yard average in preseason that year and he was worrried that someone would sign him away. That should sum up how bad Sherman was as GM perfectly.

Joemailman
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Perhaps the worst 3rd round ever. Sherman took Joey Thomas, Donnell Washington, and B.J. Sander. :bang:

BallHawk
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Perhaps the worst 3rd round ever. Sherman took Joey Thomas, Donnell Washington, and B.J. Sander. :bang:

The agony! :bang:

Scott Campbell
05-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I can't imagine why the Bengals are interested in BJ. He has no felony convictions.

Noodle
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Are you sure? He seems awfully familiar with shanks.

green_bowl_packer
05-02-2007, 06:09 PM
I can't imagine why the Bengals are interested in BJ. He has no felony convictions.

When he signed his rookie contract it was fraud & larceny.

KYPack
05-02-2007, 09:56 PM
BJ is from Cincy, played high school ball here.

In the middle of his rookie year, I was workin' out early at the gym. I had on some Packer stuff & a the guy next to me got all excited. The dude was Sanders high school coach!. After that, he'd come up to me to get reports on Sanders career.

Finally, I had to break it to the guy that Sanders was a shank machine and would probably would never have a career in GB.

The guy leaves me alone now.

Scott Campbell
05-02-2007, 09:58 PM

When he signed his rookie contract it was fraud & larceny.

If so, Shermy was the co-conspirator.

Joemailman
05-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Maybe Bengals are just wondering what BJ stands for.

Fritz
05-03-2007, 08:18 AM

Au contraire! The Bengals have obviously been hungering for the Beej for years, and only now have managed to grab him.

Zool
05-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Are you sure? He seems awfully familiar with shanks.

Give the man a cigar.