PDA

View Full Version : I like Silver's take on Moss-Patriots

packinpatland
05-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Living here in NE it gets pretty sickening constantly reading/hearing how 'good' the Patriots are....on all levels. Silver spins a different tale, that I find quite amusing. :lol:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/05/02/patriots/index.html

packers11
05-02-2007, 03:03 PM
oh you live in NE too.. WOW i cant take it anymore... Every day I hear the same shit in the local media... "We are unstoppable, Moss is god blah blah blah"...

When rumored three weeks ago that the Moss deal was done for GB... The local radio hosts were saying "Good luck to GB dealing with him, hes not worth it" oh has EVERYONE over here jumped on the bandwagon...

MJZiggy
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Good. They'll anger the football gods and the team will crash and burn.

packinpatland
05-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I won't go so far as 'crash and burn' ( I do have to live here), but loosing their first, let's say 4-5 games would be nice.

You know, maybe just the coach can burn abit, that would be ok. And maybe Moss can singe alittle.
Oh, what the heck..............toast the whole bunch!

oregonpackfan
05-02-2007, 06:08 PM
That is a great article on why Packer fans should be grateful TT did not sign Randy Moss.!

Sure, sometimes people/players change their mindsets and lives. With Moss, however, I am very skeptical it will happen with the Patriots.

The Leaper
05-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm kind of shocked the Pats went after Moss. I really didn't think they needed him after grabbing Stallworth and Walker previously in free agency. Why risk Moss becoming a cancer on a team that would be a title contender even without him?

That said, I don't foresee a problem from Randy. He's on a 1 year deal, and will work his ass off to earn one more monster contract.

MJZiggy
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
The funny thing I just realized is that having two other big-name wideouts on the team, he's gonna have to fight to get the ball thrown to him. He might not get all the touches he wants. Interesting.

retailguy
05-02-2007, 07:40 PM
The funny thing I just realized is that having two other big-name wideouts on the team, he's gonna have to fight to get the ball thrown to him. He might not get all the touches he wants. Interesting.

Nah. The guy who throws the ball is the guy who RECRUITED him. Do you think this wasn't discussed and settled?

packinpatland
05-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Listening to the evening sports, they are STILL treating this whole thing like the second coming. Give me a &^$%%# break!