PDA

View Full Version : If Texans take Mario will we miss out on Hawk??

Bossman641
04-28-2006, 07:16 PM
If the rumors are true that the Texans have agreed to terms with Mario and plan to take him at one I could easily see the top 4 going down like this. Somebody please give me a reason why it won't work out this way.

1. Texans - Mario

2. Jets (from Saints) - Bush
Early on the Jets seemed as the most logical pick to possibly trade up and try to get Bush. They need help all over, but especially at RB. If Bush drops I could see the Jets putting together some package to go after him. Besides his ability, they would be able to market probably one of the most exciting players in the league in New York. Would be a good fit for both player and team.

3. Titans - Young or Leinart
I still have no clue who they are favoring

4. Saints (from Jets) - Hawk
The Saints have been said to be very impressed with Hawk. Taking him at 2 would be too high for him but by trading back they'd be able to get the player they (possibly) covet the most as well as pick up extra picks.

What would we do then?

Charles Woodson
04-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Saints would take DA brick or hawk, so yeas

Chubbyhubby
04-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Davis will be our pick.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 07:56 PM
I think this is entirely possible. The only thing we can hope is that the 49ers trade with the Saints to get Bush. However, if the Saints truly like Hawk as much as they are reported to it's unlikely that they'll trade behind the Packers.