PDA

View Full Version : A closer look at the 4th round trade with Pittsburgh

Packgator
05-03-2007, 09:19 AM
The 4th round trade with Pittsburgh is another "trade up for a punter" situation.

Steelers get: Packers 4th round pick (112 overall).

Packers get: Steelers 4th round pick (119 overall) and Steelers 6th round pick (193 overall).

Steelers use the pick to select: Daniel Sepulveda (Punter).

Packers then take Allen Barbre in the 4th and use Pittsburghs 6th round pick to select Desmond Bishop.

Though not a 3rd round trade.......it still feels better being on this end of a trade up for a punter deal.

Badgerinmaine
05-03-2007, 09:30 AM
The 4th round trade with Pittsburgh is another "trade up for a punter" situation.

Packers get: Steelers 4th round pick (119 overall) and Steelers 6th round pick (193 overall).

Packers then take Allen Barbre in the 4th and use Pittsburghs 6th round pick to select Desmond Bishop.

Though not a 3rd round trade.......it still feels better being on this end of a trade up for a punter deal.

Sure works for me. I hope for their sake he's the next Ray Guy.

Fritz
05-03-2007, 11:21 AM
There's a great youtube video of Sepulveda coming downfield after punting the ball and absolutely nailing the returner. Just nailing the guy.

If he does that even once in the NFL he's worth a fourth round pick, just to see that - a punter steamrolling a returner.

MJZiggy
05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
What coach is gonna let the punter risk injury like that???

Joemailman
05-03-2007, 02:34 PM

A coach stuck with a really bad punter.

Packgator
05-03-2007, 08:27 PM

Ironic how a team trades up to get a punter in this draft........and the team they trade with to get him is the Packers.

pack4to84
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Ironic how a team trades up to get a punter in this draft........and the team they trade with to get him is the Packers.
So you are saying that TT made up for that blunder trade up by former GM

Packgator
05-04-2007, 08:38 AM

So you are saying that TT made up for that blunder trade up by former GM

No. Just found it interesting the Packers ended up the team Pittsburgh dealt with in their "trade up for a punter" move. Perhaps if Bishop ends up being a player it will help make up for the BJ blunder.

CaliforniaCheez
05-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Who (cough, cough) his dumb enough to trade up for a (cough) Punter that early in the draft?

Fritz
05-05-2007, 03:41 PM

I'll bet every coach in the NFL secretly fantasizes about letting his punter go flying down the field and slamming the returner down - with gusto. MJ, if you saw that clip, you'd be wishing that TT drafted this guy in the first round, just so you could see the guy do it in a packer uni. Honest to gosh, it was one of the highlights of my football-fan life.

esoxx
05-05-2007, 04:27 PM
If Sepulveda tried something like that in the NFL he would get laid out.

oregonpackfan
05-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Who (cough, cough) his dumb enough to trade up for a (cough) Punter that early in the draft?

Please, California, do not open an old wound! :lol: