PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Camp starts for rookies tomorrow...

packers11
05-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Just letting you all know :)

MJZiggy
05-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Yay!!! Real football news. Thanks for posting it. :cow:

GBRulz
05-03-2007, 04:23 PM
and closed to the public :cry:

have you guys noticed how many of the OTA's and minicamps are closed to the public this year? I'm not real happy about that. Those are the best times to really get close to the players because there are maybe 100 people along the fence vs 2000 at training camp.

BallHawk
05-03-2007, 04:28 PM

C'mon, there must be someway you can get in. If you pull a few strings anything's possible.... :wink: :wink:

RashanGary
05-03-2007, 04:33 PM

have you guys noticed how many of the OTA's and minicamps are closed to the public this year? I'm not real happy about that. Those are the best times to really get close to the players because there are maybe 100 people along the fence vs 2000 at training camp.

I agree. I don't even like TC because there are too many idiots trying to catch a glance of Favre or Driver or something.

Who cares about the proven guys. I want to see the rookies or the guys that we're counting on to step up.

b bulldog
05-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I agree, that is where the surprises are.

RashanGary
05-03-2007, 04:51 PM
They're all like "ooooh Favre" "hehehe, Driver is such a great guy" "where's Sharper?" "hehe did Favre just fart"

I just want to reach over and punch them in the mouth. If you're really there to just see these guys and not acctually understand what is going on then you might as well have sat in your back yard and watched the grass grow, at the end of the day you'll have learned just as much about the Packers.

packinpatland
05-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I'd rather have those people 'oohing and aahing' at Training Camp than taking up valuable space at a game.

packers11
05-03-2007, 05:32 PM
the worst is talking to someone who knows crap...

example : the other day i was talking about one of the draft picks (Justin Harrell) and how he will be a solid pick... Then some douche said "oh yea, him and Cledius Hunt are going to tear up the middle" :whaa: :wink:

I then quickly changed the subject to something else besides football... :lol:

BallHawk
05-03-2007, 08:40 PM
the worst is talking to someone who knows crap...

example : the other day i was talking about one of the draft picks (Justin Harrell) and how he will be a solid pick... Then some douche said "oh yea, him and Cledius Hunt are going to tear up the middle" :whaa: :wink:

I then quickly changed the subject to something else besides football... :lol:

I'm guessing it wasn't politics. :lol: :D :wink:

packers11
05-03-2007, 09:44 PM
good guess... It wasn't... The easiest topic in New England to bring up... - The crazy weather :)

falco
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
They're all like "ooooh Favre" "hehehe, Driver is such a great guy" "where's Sharper?" "hehe did Favre just fart"

I just want to reach over and punch them in the mouth. If you're really there to just see these guys and not acctually understand what is going on then you might as well have sat in your back yard and watched the grass grow, at the end of the day you'll have learned just as much about the Packers.

Not everyone can afford to spend hours a day on a message board and online reading up on the team. Some people are just casual fans, or like to expose their kids to the sport. No need to be a total ass about it.

GBRulz
05-04-2007, 09:33 AM

C'mon, there must be someway you can get in. If you pull a few strings anything's possible.... :wink: :wink:

Any ideas? Without me ending up in the crowbar hotel for the night? :wink:

packinpatland
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
wear a red jersey?

MadtownPacker
05-04-2007, 11:09 AM
wear a red jersey?I think wearing no jersey at all would help even more. :whist:

Merlin
05-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Am I right in thinking that the OTA's, the unsigned rookies can show up? Not sure how that works. The rookies are kind of between a rock and a hard place if they aren't signed. Show up, get injured?

Anyone know?

Zool
05-04-2007, 02:52 PM
There's some sort of standard agreement that the unsigned rookies get when they go to the OTA's if I remember correctly.

Merlin
05-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Cool....Thanks Zool

BallHawk
05-04-2007, 03:56 PM

Any ideas? Without me ending up in the crowbar hotel for the night? :wink:

You're the reporter rat. Do whatever it takes.

Scott Campbell
05-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Sounds like there won't be too many pictures this year. Nuts.

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Edited for idiocy :)

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Edited for idiocy :)

esoxx
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Damn, I missed the idiocy!

Oh well, there will be more.

packers11
05-04-2007, 06:39 PM
can the GB packer media go in the mini camps??? or every1 gets the boot?

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
It was a joke, but I've seen jokes taken the wrong way so I edited. I thought Havel was a goomba so I made a joke about her hooking up with Havel to get into the minicamp as to say something that was really horrible and that she would NEVER do but then I thought about it and I don't really have a friendship with her that way so I changed it because they might think I was putting down or something.