PDA

View Full Version : May Minicamps closed to public

GBRulz
04-28-2006, 07:27 PM
May minicamps closed to the public

Press-Gazette

The Packers’ two minicamps in May won’t be open to the public, the team announced Friday. That means fans won’t get a glimpse of this weekend’s draft picks or how first-year coach Mike McCarthy runs practice until June.

The team will hold the first of two minicamps May 5-7, but the workouts will be inside the Don Hutson Center. The same goes for the May 19-21 session.

GRRRR, I was so looking forward to catching a glimpse of the new draft picks..along with Favre of course next weekend. I love mini-camps because it's a great time to watch a practice without all the tourists that flood training camp leaving you 3 people deep shoved together like cattle...along the fence.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 07:42 PM
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH. First time in 10 years I will even be in the STATE and they close the minicamps. First time in my LIFE I was gonna get to go!! I suppose they've found some other reason to lock down Lambeau that weekend as well!!! :evil: :evil:

Scott Campbell
04-28-2006, 07:50 PM
May minicamps closed to the public

Press-Gazette

The Packers’ two minicamps in May won’t be open to the public, the team announced Friday.

No pics from you - that sucks!

MadtownPacker
04-28-2006, 08:00 PM
GBM, you need to do whatever you need to do including flashing to get those pics!!!!

Can you just say you are a reporters for PackerRats.com?

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 08:01 PM
You need to get press passes.

MadtownPacker
04-28-2006, 08:05 PM

Can it be done? PR homepage will be a new site. What would GBM have to do to make herself official?

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 08:20 PM
She should call 1265 and talk to someone over in the press relations office and they will tell her what we would have to do in order to get in. She'll have to have a mock up of the site and probably a site map so they know we are serious. Actually, it might be better if you call as they might have provisions you can accomodate easily that you can agree to more readily than Michele. There has to be a way for it to be done, otherwise the local stations would never be able to get in.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Blame it on the GM. The GM hired the coach, and the coach said NO, then the GM is 100% responsible.

People thinks I dont know logic. They are wrong.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 09:55 PM
No one said no, Tank. Pay up.

GBRulz
05-19-2006, 08:12 AM
UPDATE:
(Green Bay Press Gazette 5/19)
Minicamp open to public

Minicamp practices today and Saturday will be held on Clarke Hinkle Field at 10:15 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. and are open to the public, weather permitting. The Sunday practice at 10:15 a.m. will be held in the Don Hutson Center and is closed.

OMG, I'm so there!!! I'm hoping that I can get a chance to ask Hawk if his myspace profile is really him as well !!

Scott Campbell
05-19-2006, 08:15 AM
Pictures!

GBRulz
05-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Yes, as Zig says... "we will have some hindsight" in regards to todays AM practice!

I probably can't make the afternoon one though, but oh well.

Since they just announced this morning that practice would be open to the public, I doubt many people will be there at all. That in general is why I love attending minicamps vs staying away from training camp. 1 row deep at the fence or 4...I choose 1 :lol:

GBRulz
05-19-2006, 08:25 AM
ok, I admit I need a copy of a roster so I can pick out the players, especially the rookies.

Is the one on Packers.com the most current roster. is there anyone not on this list that you guys can see?

http://www.packers.com/team/players/index.phtml?printable=1

Iron Mike
05-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I wanna see a picture of Tony Moll with his greaser 'do.......please, please, please!!!!!!! :razz:

Scott Campbell
05-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Yes, as Zig says... "we will have some hindsight" in regards to todays AM practice!

I can put up with a couple of your butt shots if you sprinkle in a few pictures of our rooks in action.

Pack0514
05-19-2006, 08:40 AM
OMG, I'm so there!!! I'm hoping that I can get a chance to ask Hawk if his myspace profile is really him as well !!

Sorry GBM, see below

Packers | Hawk can't participate at minicamp
Thu, 18 May 2006 19:36:43 -0700

Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers will conduct a three-day minicamp Friday, May 19, through Sunday, May 21. Rookie LB A.J. Hawk can't participate because he must remain at Ohio State to complete his course work.

GBRulz
05-19-2006, 09:18 AM
oh yeah pack, I totally forgot that Hawk won't be there because of the NCAA rules or something.

Thanks for raining on my parade though...lol :wink:

MJZiggy
05-19-2006, 09:25 AM
No, but if you could find out if Samkon's account is legit that would be sweet as well. Inquiring minds...
We should put you in a PackerRats t-shirt for this.

Tarlam!
05-19-2006, 01:16 PM

Can it be done? PR homepage will be a new site. What would GBM have to do to make herself official?

Mateo in Mex is a legit press-head. Ask him.

Little Whiskey
05-19-2006, 02:12 PM
i doubt you can call "hingsight" shots jounalism. some chick with a press card taped to her fedora and a disposable camera taking butt shots, i don't think they will let you in. they may however lock you up for stalking

:mrgreen:

MJZiggy
05-19-2006, 02:15 PM
As long as they locked her in the locker room, that would be fine. :mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
As long as they locked her in the locker room, that would be fine. :mrgreen:

i think that would be in violation of the restraining order

GBRulz
05-19-2006, 03:46 PM
here Whiskey, this one is just for you !!!!!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/IMG_0341.jpg

GBRulz
05-19-2006, 03:51 PM
ok home for a minute and then out again... I have about 50 pics to sort through that I took this morning. i couldnt' stay for the whole practice, but here are a couple things that i noticed while I was watching the first team offense.....

Rodgers not very accurate, especially on deep balls
Ferguson dropped 2 easy passes
Um, i have to look up who #6 WR is, but he made some great catches
Leach was actually taking quite a few snaps, which shocked me for a FB.

Not a whole lot going on today, they were in shorts and without pads. But like I said, i couldn't stay long....

more later !

Little Whiskey
05-22-2006, 01:20 PM
here Whiskey, this one is just for you !!!!!

why don't you get me a pic of the cheerleaders in this same pose

MJZiggy
05-22-2006, 01:25 PM
We don't have cheerleaders.

Noodle
05-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Well, we have the cheering squads from UWGB or St. Norbert's at home games. But I don't think that's what Whiskey had in mind, as those girls are 18-19 years old.

At least I hope not.

Little Whiskey
05-22-2006, 01:35 PM
yes we do, zig. they are on loan from the Unv. of GB. they are at the home games. i figure they need some camp time as well. so if GBM is any kind of photo journalist, she would cover both sides of the story.

GBRulz
05-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm not Fox News, I can be totally one sided if I want to :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
05-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Are you suggesting FoxNews is impartial? :shock:

GBRulz
05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Maybe not every Fox station has the same slogan...but our station here has their motto as "Balanced news coverage, where you always get both sides of the story".

Maybe it's just a local thing.

BTW, yes I am :mrgreen:

jack's smirking revenge
05-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Great pics GBMichele! Thanks for posting them!

tyler

Little Whiskey
05-23-2006, 11:14 AM
well, maybe PackerRats needs hire someone to get the Male perspective for "training Camp". just to make it fair and balanced.

maybe someone like nutz or murph. on second thought not murphy. if he was hired we would have pics of sheep in mini skirts. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
05-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Baaahahaha, that was good, Whiskey :wink:

Iron Mike
05-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Baaahahaha, that was good, Whiskey :wink:

http://www.chenowith.k12.or.us/tech/cgcc/projects/lee/sheep/sheep-lamb.gif

<==caught that part of the joke!!! :wink:

Scott Campbell
05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
well, maybe PackerRats needs hire someone to get the Male perspective for "training Camp". just to make it fair and balanced.

maybe someone like nutz or murph. on second thought not murphy. if he was hired we would have pics of sheep in mini skirts. :mrgreen:

Ewe R The Man.