PDA

View Full Version : TOP 10 DRAFT STEALS-A PACKER MAKES THE LIST

Bretsky
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.draft.steals/content.1.html

MadtownPacker
05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704/gallery.nfl.draft.steals/content.1.html
WTF?? Why you making us go to SI? I hate their Dr Z loving asses.

mraynrand
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
The kicker?

I didn't realize Breaston (MI) wasn't drafted until the 5th round. I wonder why Jones didn't sign at MI ahead of him.

prsnfoto
05-04-2007, 09:36 AM
My prediction for this draft is Harrell turns out to be a stud,Crosby is our kicker for ten years and the OT Barbe turns out to be Clifton's replacement, all the rest fail horribly but the TT lovers call this a great draft. I hope I'm wrong there are a lot of "upside" guys but I have seen too many D. Martins and Fergusons for a lifetime.

Packnut
05-04-2007, 09:50 AM
My prediction for this draft is Harrell turns out to be a stud,Crosby is our kicker for ten years and the OT Barbe turns out to be Clifton's replacement, all the rest fail horribly but the TT lovers call this a great draft. I hope I'm wrong there are a lot of "upside" guys but I have seen too many D. Martins and Fergusons for a lifetime.

Clowney shows some promise and has the "potential" to be a solid #2 WR in 3 years. Harrell will be Gilbert Brown #2 which is not a bad thing. I agree about Barbe. Crosby has a shot but is gonna need to get more consistent. Our RB will never be anything more than a role player. Our #3 pick won't be here 2 years from now unless it's on the practice squad.

packinpatland
05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
When I read this the other day, I thought to myself.....only Z can appear to say something good and really mean entirely the opposite.

MadtownPacker
05-04-2007, 11:07 AM
My prediction for this draft is Harrell turns out to be a stud,Crosby is our kicker for ten years and the OT Barbe turns out to be Clifton's replacement, all the rest fail horribly but the TT lovers call this a great draft. I hope I'm wrong there are a lot of "upside" guys but I have seen too many D. Martins and Fergusons for a lifetime.Actually, that WOULD be a pretty good draft.

pbmax
05-04-2007, 11:22 AM
OK, everybody back off Z. I know he has taken shots at Favre, some deserved, some not, but he's a personal favorite of mine.

Yearly his All Z team is one of the few that looks like it was actually assembled by someone who watched games during the current year.

Everything else looks like a Berman nickname or popularity contest assembled while every other nominee is from the Super Bowl favorites at the end of the year.

And if that's not enough, he also regularly takes shots at Urlacher for being overated and weak on the run.

And then this confession; I thought the criticisms of Sherman and Rhodes/Lewis for being too tolerant of Favre's bad throws were dead on. On the flip side, his prediction that no-name M3 would be unable to restrain Favre seems to be dead wrong.

pbmax
05-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Bretsky, would a Keyshawn signing bring the signature to an end? :lol:

FREE AGENCY IS HERE. I'm keeping this sig until TT has signed two new legitimate free agents.
OH TURTLE, TIME TO COME OUT OF YOUR SHELL AND PLAY !!

MadtownPacker
05-04-2007, 11:53 AM
OK, everybody back off Z. I know he has taken shots at Favre, some deserved, some not, but he's a personal favorite of mine.
:x ROAST HIM!

packinpatland
05-04-2007, 12:12 PM

I agree!!!
Some of his 'columns' have more to do with his interest in wine, or his rating of broadcasters, than they have to do with what his title is: sports writer.
That debate thing last season with model was stupid.
And furthermore, as long as I'm on the soapbox, I hate the idea that someone like him has a deciding vote on Hall of Fame induction.

Ok, I'm done.

woodbuck27
05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
The one favourable thing about our present PKer (Dave Raynor) is that he can kick the long FG.

We need either him or Mason Crosby to be more consistent and not miss inside the 40.

GO PACKERS !

pbmax
05-04-2007, 01:55 PM
And who exactly do you propose is better suited than Z to help select the Hall of Fame?

And if your job title is "Woodchipper Operator" should I stop reading your posts in packerrats?

If you had to write two football columns for the web and a magazine piece each week, I suspect something other than football might creep into your column. :D

I agree!!!
Some of his 'columns' have more to do with his interest in wine, or his rating of broadcasters, than they have to do with what his title is: sports writer.
And furthermore, as long as I'm on the soapbox, I hate the idea that someone like him has a deciding vote on Hall of Fame induction.

Ok, I'm done.

PackerBlues
05-04-2007, 01:56 PM
A kicker?

Wolf took Brett Conway with a 3rd round pick. How did he turn out?

Sherman took a punter (they use their legs too, same difference (':wink:')
) using his third 3rd round pick in 2004. That was not to impressive either.

(':beat:') Not to beat a dead horse here, but wasnt one of the big arguments over why people thought Sherman should be fired, the fact that he drafted a punter in the 3rd round? Yet Ron Wolf drafted a kicker in the 3rd round in 1997.
:shock:

Zool
05-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Traded up to draft a punter, meaning it took 2 picks to get a 3rd round punter. Along with Donnell Washington and Joey Thomas, just a really bad draft.

pbmax
05-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Favorite Z piece, in 1981 he named Brian Sipe his All Pro over Dan Fouts. Fouts had bigger numbers, but his reasoning was Sipe had one other All Pro to work with (Ozzie Newsome) and then not much. Fouts has Jefferson, Joiner, Winslow and Muncie.

pbmax
05-04-2007, 02:18 PM
The kicker was also rated much higher than Sanders, who might not have been the highest rated punter in the draft.

Conway also injured himself working too hard and still went on to kick for another team in the regular season.

As far as flops go, Conway rocks Sander's world. Though they each were drafted too high.

A kicker?

Wolf took Brett Conway with a 3rd round pick. How did he turn out?

Sherman took a punter (they use their legs too, same difference (':wink:')
) using his third 3rd round pick in 2004. That was not to impressive either.

(':beat:') Not to beat a dead horse here, but wasnt one of the big arguments over why people thought Sherman should be fired, the fact that he drafted a punter in the 3rd round? Yet Ron Wolf drafted a kicker in the 3rd round in 1997.
:shock:

Charles Woodson
05-04-2007, 03:03 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0705/gallery.nfl.fans.faces/content.17.html

i want that hat

packinpatland
05-04-2007, 03:34 PM
And who exactly do you propose is better suited than Z to help select the Hall of Fame?

And if your job title is "Woodchipper Operator" should I stop reading your posts in packerrats?

If you had to write two football columns for the web and a magazine piece each week, I suspect something other than football might creep into your column. :D

I agree!!!

Ok, I'm done.

I once read in one of his columns that he hated the sitcom 'Seinfeld'.
After that I couldn't take HIM seriously. :wink:

PackerBlues
05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
oww.....forgot about the trading up part. :oops:

Bretsky
05-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Bretsky, would a Keyshawn signing bring the signature to an end? :lol:

FREE AGENCY IS HERE. I'm keeping this sig until TT has signed two new legitimate free agents.
OH TURTLE, TIME TO COME OUT OF YOUR SHELL AND PLAY !!

Yes it would; at this point I'd settle for the infamous Taco Wallace :lol:

oregonpackfan
05-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Brady Quinn is the #1 "Steal" of the draft? I don't think so.

Quinn has accuracy issues and tends to be ineffective in big games. After a few seasons of mediocre play as the starter, he will end up as a journeyman QB like Joey Harrington.

jmbarnes101
05-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Brady is going to be a good QB. Other QB's had good skill players or a system devised to score lots of points. Name me two skill players that were on his team that were actually helping him out at all. His best skill player is in the Cubs minor league system and everybody else flat out sucked.