PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do the Packers make the playoffs?

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 09:47 PM
We lost an over 30 Green coming off his least spectacular season and a major injury.

We replaced him with a young set of legs and from what I heard somewhere around here, Morency is in great shape.

The O line was laughed at by the Williams boys last year. They acctually laughed at how weak they were. This year, there is a very good chance they won't be laughing.

Driver and Jennings are a pretty darn good tandem of WR's

Favre is Favre

The DL is deep and strong. The LB's are among the leagues best. The CB's are aging but capable and at least one safety can play.

I think we make it.

Lurker64
05-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Heck, it's the NFC. We have a puncher's chance. The whole conference is suspect.

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Hell yeah, we're in the JV Conference.

MJZiggy
05-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I remember when we were in the Black & Blue division... :(

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I remember when we were in the Black & Blue division... :(

You say that like it's a bad thing :)

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 10:02 PM
All the rookies have sound clips on Packers.com if anyone is interested.

Bretsky
05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
nuts; it's absolutely nuts to predict Green Bay makes the playoffs right now.
I wish Vegas would give us one to one odds on this one.

retailguy
05-04-2007, 11:08 PM
nuts; it's absolutely nuts to predict Green Bay makes the playoffs right now.

Hey, did anybody tell you that you're negative?

Just ask Tex. 16-0 .... baby! Just wait. :wink:

We're going to make San Diego look like the Arizona Cardinals... :whaa:

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 11:10 PM
You know what they say about defense :wink:

RashanGary
05-04-2007, 11:11 PM
And it's not that Sherman never had one :twisted:

ND72
05-04-2007, 11:32 PM
No. 6-10. I have faith, and I like our direction...BUT.

oregonpackfan
05-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Too many variables or "what ifs" to make a prediction right now.

Now where is my Ouija Board....

Badgepack
05-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Heck, it's the offseason, the Packers are my team, of course I think (hope/pray) they make the playoffs.

packers11
05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
Its the NFC but are schedule is a bit harder... I still go with the yes...

Pacopete4
05-05-2007, 02:48 AM
if anyones seen rocky balboa, the latest movie.. Brett Favre always has a punchers chance.. he hits hard.. real hard.. and he wont stop hitting no matter how bad the other team hurts and thats why we are sooo lucky to have him now and forever

Joemailman
05-05-2007, 06:27 AM
If the NFC isn't much better than last year, the Packers have a chance. They almost made it last year with 5 rookies starting. I don't buy all the hand-wringing about the schedule. Teams change too much from year to year to draw anything from that. I voted yes, although I'm not ready to make a prediction on wins and losses yet.

Bretsky
05-05-2007, 06:36 AM
I'd be curious how many would vote yes if money was on the line :crazy:

the_idle_threat
05-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Playoffs bay-beee!!! Anything less than the Super Bowl is unacceptable.

Coach Mora, I understand you have a comment ... ?

wist43
05-05-2007, 08:56 AM
We're only in year 3 of TT's 10 plan... you dreamers perplex me??? :? :? :? :) :) :)

MJZiggy
05-05-2007, 09:06 AM

Maybe we can discuss this one. I hear you have a history of losing bets...

MadtownPacker
05-05-2007, 09:14 AM
I will!

Regardless of the quality of opponents they faced at the end of last season, closing out on four wins means alot. If the team can go around .500 in the first half of the season they WILL make the playoffs.

Take that check to your bank and cash it PENDEJO!!!

Kiwon
05-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Do the Packers make the playoffs? Which year?

Packnut
05-05-2007, 09:24 AM

I have a feeling many "predictions" made by some here would be totally different if they had to back it up with money. :shock:

The Shadow
05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
In a very unimpressive NFC, why not?

MadtownPacker
05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
I have a feeling many "predictions" made by some here would be totally different if they had to back it up with money. :shock:I have a feeling many "predictions" made by some here would be totally different if they had any spine. :P

RashanGary
05-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I'll bet Bretsky 2 beers at the 2008 Packerrats game. I won't be at this one because of my last year of school and I work so I"m REALLY busy during the semester. The following year, I'll be there and I'll collect my beers :)

woodbuck27
05-05-2007, 03:15 PM
With the off season that TT didn't give us and the team.

We absolutely fail to make the playoffs in 2007.

Sadly.

I am 100% confident that as a team we won't improve on 8-8 this season.

I just hope that in 40% of the games we can hold it together.

Bretsky
05-05-2007, 04:35 PM
I'll bet Bretsky 2 beers at the 2008 Packerrats game. I won't be at this one because of my last year of school and I work so I"m REALLY busy during the semester. The following year, I'll be there and I'll collect my beers :)

DEAL

Joemailman
05-05-2007, 04:41 PM
The Packers were 8-8 last year with 4-5 rookies in the starting lineup. A team made the playoffs in the NFC last year with and 8-8 record. The Packers missed the playoffs last year on tie-breakers, and yet those who predict the Packers will make the playoffs this year are supposedly dreaming. Strange.

GrnBay007
05-05-2007, 04:44 PM
and yet those who predict the Packers will make the playoffs this year are supposedly dreaming. Strange.

Joe, take B up on his offer for bets while he's weak!! :P :wink: :P How do you think I won all those bets last season....lol

Lurker64
05-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Sadly.

If you're 100% certain of anything, why even watch the games? The whole appeal of competition is that everyone has a chance. The Packers could go 0-16, they could go 16-0. Precisely nothing about competitive sports (particularly at the high level) is predetermined.

I'm sure there were a lot of New Orleans Saints fans who, after last year's draft, said things like "Despite the fact that we have Reggie Bush now, the Saints are still the Aints and with a rookie head coach they're not doing anything this year."

There's no point in saying that you're certain of anything in sports. You might strongly suspect that one team or another might be no good, but since you have no part in determining whether this, to say you're "Certain" of it is simply hyperbole.

gbgary
05-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Heck, it's the NFC. We have a puncher's chance.

first off, you have to have a punch to have a puncher's chance. no offensive improvement and a much tougher schedule equals a 6-10 or worse record.

BooHoo
05-05-2007, 07:59 PM
My heart says YES but my head says NO. :pack:

4and12to12and4
05-05-2007, 08:34 PM
if we do make the playoffs, we will be better prepared to actually win and go deep because of the talented teams we face during the season. they will help us understand how good we have to be to beat quality teams, not teams like the Vikings, Lions, and Dolphins ( although the dolphins did kick the Bears ass last year.)

MJZiggy
05-05-2007, 08:42 PM

'Fraid to lose (again), B?

Bretsky
05-06-2007, 11:19 AM
The Packers were 8-8 last year with 4-5 rookies in the starting lineup. A team made the playoffs in the NFC last year with and 8-8 record. The Packers missed the playoffs last year on tie-breakers, and yet those who predict the Packers will make the playoffs this year are supposedly dreaming. Strange.

Sounds like talk from a guy who wants a wager ?

Bretsky
05-06-2007, 11:30 AM

'Fraid to lose (again), B?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You can see I accepted the only offer on the table. I doubt I'd fear taking anything you have to offer.

mngolf19
05-06-2007, 11:40 AM
if we do make the playoffs, we will be better prepared to actually win and go deep because of the talented teams we face during the season. they will help us understand how good we have to be to beat quality teams, not teams like the Vikings, Lions, and Dolphins ( although the dolphins did kick the Bears ass last year.)

I would say just the opposite, 4 and 12. The Packers have too many young guys to expect success in a playoff atmosphere. I give the Packers an even chance of making the playoffs, but I also give them an even chance of taking a step back this year.

4and12to12and4
05-06-2007, 01:32 PM

I would say just the opposite, 4 and 12. The Packers have too many young guys to expect success in a playoff atmosphere. I give the Packers an even chance of making the playoffs, but I also give them an even chance of taking a step back this year.

I agree it will be difficult to win with our youth in the playoffs. However, my point was that our young guys are now a year older and more experienced, and winning that game against the Bears last year was a huge confidence booster. It was like a playoff game for alot of our young talent. This year's schedule will better prepare us if we DO get in the playoffs.

Why would we take a step back when the core of the young players have a year under their belt. The o-line should be better, the LB's should be better, the young DB's should be better, and how important is it to have a veteran running back in the playoffs. Ask the Colts.

The most important position to have a veteran in the playoffs is QB. Once again, ask the Colts (and the Bears, for that matter). Very few Ben Rothlesburgers out there win in the postseason. Favre has been there, and the young guys can feed off of him. That's a huge plus.

woodbuck27
05-06-2007, 01:42 PM

Sadly.

If you're 100% certain of anything, why even watch the games? The whole appeal of competition is that everyone has a chance. The Packers could go 0-16, they could go 16-0. Precisely nothing about competitive sports (particularly at the high level) is predetermined.

I'm sure there were a lot of New Orleans Saints fans who, after last year's draft, said things like "Despite the fact that we have Reggie Bush now, the Saints are still the Aints and with a rookie head coach they're not doing anything this year."

There's no point in saying that you're certain of anything in sports. You might strongly suspect that one team or another might be no good, but since you have no part in determining whether this, to say you're "Certain" of it is simply hyperbole.

Want me to soften up a tad Lurker64?

OK ! I'm easy. :)

We will NOT make the playoffs in 2007. That is my predeiction based on how all appears today.

I watch Packer games because I've been a Packer fan since 1958. I've experienced alot of losing as a Packer fan. I've gotten more used to that again since Ted Thompson became our exhalted GM.

Since Ted Thompson.

That sign says. . .

Hello !! Time to wake up. It's 12-20.

There are 18 other members here out of 45 that voted NO to playoffs so far. That seem to see what I see.

Joemailman
05-06-2007, 03:23 PM

I want to see how Fergy looks first. I think this could be his breakout year. :D

GrnBay007
05-06-2007, 03:28 PM

I want to see how Fergy looks first. I think this could be his breakout year. :D

Joe, you're not really TRYING to get under his skin, are you?? :lol: :wink:

Bretsky
05-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Good backtrack

As for the Fergy comment, as all I have to say is
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bs: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Brando19
05-06-2007, 04:07 PM

LOL...I love betting.

MadtownPacker
05-07-2007, 10:42 AM
OK, here is the ultimate bet for you Bretsky if you are as confident as yo think you are:

Pack avoids a losing season you have to... kiss a dude! On the lips, open mouth. Tongue is optional. You provide the dude. :lol:

Pack has a losing season I have to ????

MJZiggy
05-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Wait!! You have to account for an 8-8 record. What happens then?

MadtownPacker
05-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Wait!! You have to account for an 8-8 record. What happens then?Silennncceee!! 8-)

Like I said, if the Pack avoids a LOSING record.

Cheesehead Craig
05-07-2007, 10:53 AM
It all depends on the amount. It's one thing to throw a beer on it, it's another to throw a Franklin.

Of course, throwing beers gets you in a bar fight and is a waste of beer.

Throwing Franklins gets you in Pac Man Jones-type trouble.

swede
05-07-2007, 12:21 PM
This is a bad year to be really sure of anything in May, June, and July.

I don't think either side is willing to throw a Franklin at this team--unless-you roll along a lot richer than I do.

This team will tip over into the plus column with growth from the 2nd year players, impact from Brandon Jackson and a steppin' up third receiver, and a maturing young defense that starts to play a little mean.

This team will tip back into the losing column if none of the rooks can help, if the offense struggles to the point that Favre gets pick-happy, and if Schitty continues to run the Keystone Cop drills with his defensive backs in games.

If you're asking me to put my money where my mouth is I've got a Subway discount card with five half price subs left on it that I'll slap right here on the table and say this team looks like a contender for the playoffs.

MJZiggy
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Silennncceee!! 8-)

Like I said, if the Pack avoids a LOSING record.

Silence?? When have you ever known me to shut up??? :mrgreen:

PaCkFan_n_MD
05-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Road wild card team, then early exit.

retailguy
05-07-2007, 01:42 PM
If you're asking me to put my money where my mouth is I've got a Subway discount card with five half price subs left on it that I'll slap right here on the table and say this team looks like a contender for the playoffs.

The WHOLE discount card? Gosh, you're high on this team, aren't you? :P

If I had a discount card, I'd take you up on that. How about $10 subway cards? They do have those right? I go to Quizno's.... mmm toasty! :D

retailguy
05-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Road wild card team, then early exit.

You, my friend, are still drunk from the weekend. Please don't drive until tomorrow... :wink: :P