PDA

View Full Version : 'twas the night before NFL draft (official pre-draft thread)

Partial
04-28-2006, 09:06 PM
What a crazy start to the draft!! Every mock draft in the world made before tonight is officially wrong from the start.

I would not be surprised if the Packers make a trade right now. Walker and 5th for Reggie Bush.

As much as I want Hawk(he's 2nd on my big board behind the man they'd for), it'd be absolutely ri-freaking-diculous to land reggie bush. I am torn on this matter.

What do you all say? Keep this alive until the draft tomorrow! I will be back on at 9 am tomorrow to get started on the draft coverage. Right now I am off to get drunk, so long guys!!

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Have Fun!

ND72
04-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Trust me...These thoughts have gone through my head. i want hawk, but it's reggie bush. BUT...does he wanna play here. i rmemeber a few months back him sounding like he wanted nothing to do with Green bay.

Partial
04-28-2006, 09:14 PM
I think NO really wants Hawk.

If we get Bush, in theory I bet we could trade him for more to a lower team looking to go over the top or something. Who really knows.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Trust me...These thoughts have gone through my head. i want hawk, but it's reggie bush. BUT...does he wanna play here. i rmemeber a few months back him sounding like he wanted nothing to do with Green bay.

Man, we've had to debunk this myth for months now. It's like the bunk Driver story yesterday. Bush has said, from his own mouth, that he'd be happy to play anywhere. The guy is a good kid. He doesn't have attitude issues.

We won't get Bush. We'd likely have to give up our #5, Javon Walker, and our 2nd round pick to get him.

ND72
04-28-2006, 09:27 PM
that trade is my thought also....and i don't like it. I'm almost NOT even excited at the possibility of getting Reggie Bush because i've basically wrote him off as a choice....just mind blowing.

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Without getting into discusssions of who what where when, I just am having a blast with all the scenarios and possibilities of this year's draft. We are in position to do some fun stuff and make this team a threat once again.

I would gladly trade last's year of anguish for a quick rise from the ashes this next year, and some players to be excited about.

No matter how this all turns out, it has already been fun.

Tomorrow will be even better.

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I meant the above to be a separate thread, but since I'm slightly retarded, oh well.......

ND72
04-28-2006, 09:47 PM
i said it a week ago...ANY of the top 7, could go at ANY of the top 7 picks. CRAZY.

Fosco33
04-28-2006, 09:49 PM
i said it a week ago...ANY of the top 7, could go at ANY of the top 7 picks. CRAZY.

This has been a crazy week - I've been travelling and basically out of the loop. Of course I heard about Brett and Woodson - but I haven't heard much about draft rumors - is this stuff for real?

ND72
04-28-2006, 09:52 PM
i don't think any of us could honestly make any of it up.

OS PA
04-28-2006, 09:52 PM
Unlike during the season, this is now the REAL Bush Sweepstakes. Having him fall from 1-2 really drops his value, which will create an intense bidding war. Somebody is going to pull a Ditka tomorrow for Bush, I can feel it! lol. 49ers? Jets? Packers? Oakland? Baltimore?

13 hours!!!

CyclonePackFan
04-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I caught on a scrollbar on ESPN, so take it as you will.

Apparently New Orleans has told the agent for Reggie Bush they intend to take him with the #2 overall pick in the draft.

digitaldean
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but I caught on a scrollbar on ESPN, so take it as you will.

Apparently New Orleans has told the agent for Reggie Bush they intend to take him with the #2 overall pick in the draft.

If that's the case, that means Davis or Hawk will be available at #5.

If I were the Saints, what an instant shot in the arm! He may or may not be a great NFL player, but he will definitely help put fannies in the seats in New Orleans.

ND72
04-28-2006, 10:35 PM
saw that too.

Chubbyhubby
04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
I hear from ESPN that 5 teams are calling NO about the second Pick in this years draft. New York is one of them and I just don't see Bush a high limelike guy going to a small city like Green Bay. Would love it though ...

The race is on you could say the "RAT RACE IS ON!"

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 12:36 AM
Man Im hype like a mutha!! I got the whole pad to myself, got some super duper chronic, and some steaks for the grill. This is gonna be crazy tomorrow.

VegasPackFan
04-29-2006, 01:13 AM
yah- i hear ya.

I would like one of those steaks.

Meeting a Raiders fan tomorow at a Packer bar here. If we get either Bush or AJ, I'm buyin a steak for me, and beers for everyone else!!

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 01:45 AM
I can't sleep. I've got Miami Vice on in the background and the Rats on the Mac. I don't remember ever being this excited about the Packers draft before. Of course we haven't picked this high since the draft was such a big deal. Anyone else wired?

VegasPackFan
04-29-2006, 02:23 AM
might not even go to bed until this morning.......

on my 6th beer

BF4MVP
04-29-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm so pumped at the possibility of trading up to get Bush!

If that doesn't happen, I hope we draft Vernon..Dude's a machine..

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 03:34 AM
I can only wonder why some dumbass would make our Finals week occur directly after Draft weekend. Draft time should be a national holiday.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 04:00 AM
Only 7 hours left...I need to get some sleep...