PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars waive cornerback Carroll days after arrest

packers11
05-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Carroll facing weapon, drug chargesAssociated Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars waived cornerback Ahmad Carroll on Monday, two days after he was arrested on weapon and drug charges.

Carroll was questioned by Atlanta police early Saturday after he was identified as someone involved during a disturbance at a restaurant, authorities said.

Atlanta police spokesman officer James Polite said Carroll acknowledged he was carrying a 9mm pistol. Police then searched his car and found 11 pink tablets believed to be ecstasy. He was arrested and charged with carrying a weapon without a license, possession of drugs and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

Carroll, who is from Atlanta, was released Saturday on a $7,000 bond.

Carroll signed with the Jags last October, a week after he was waived by Green Bay. A first-round draft pick by the Packers in 2004, Carroll was on Jacksonville's roster for 11 games. He was active for two of them and played in one.

The decision to waive Carroll follows NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's edict that teams will be held responsible for their players' misconduct. Goodell suspended Tennessee cornerback Adams "Pacman" Jones for the 2007 season and suspended Cincinnati receiver Chris Henry for the first eight games. Both players had a history of arrests.

Carroll was Jacksonville's fifth player arrested since September.

Safety Gerald Sensabaugh was arrested in March in Kingsport, Tenn., and charged with speeding and carrying a firearm without a permit.

Receiver Charles Sharon was arrested in March in Tampa, Fla. Sharon was charged with grand theft of a firearm and carrying a concealed firearm, both felonies.

Offensive tackle Khalif Barnes was arrested in November on a drunken-driving charge after he passed a police car at 101 mph. Cornerback Brian Williams was arrested on drunken-driving charges in September.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

Scott Campbell
05-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Crime doesn't pay. And neither does grabbing and clutching of receivers.

Brando19
05-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Carroll's such a loser.

MTPackerfan
05-07-2007, 03:24 PM
Carroll's such a loser.

Took the words right out of my mouth

BallHawk
05-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Thus Ahmad Carroll's pathetic NFL Career comes to a close.

Excuse me if I don't shed a tear.

BooHoo
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
He wasn't worth even a 7th round pick.

oregonpackfan
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Another first round draft pick gone bust! The drafting of Ahmad Carroll ranks as one of the worst 1st round debacles since the selection of Ryan Leaf by the Chargers.

This is another wasted draft pick we can attribute to Mike Sherman.

retailguy
05-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Another first round draft pick gone bust! The drafting of Ahmad Carroll ranks as one of the worst 1st round debacles since the selection of Ryan Leaf by the Chargers.

Don't you think that's stretching it just a tad bit considering Leaf was the #2 pick and Carroll was like #28?... :roll:

mraynrand
05-07-2007, 06:53 PM
When Houston signs him, do you think he'll be in a meeting with the commish soon after. Certainly, he's going to be disciplined by the NFL if he's on a team, right?

I knew AC should have never signed that deal with Chunky Soup.

packinpatland
05-07-2007, 06:55 PM
I just feel like, what a waste of God-given talent. :(

MadtownPacker
05-07-2007, 07:34 PM
I knew AC should have never signed that deal with Chunky Soup.Damn them and their canned goods, damn them all to HELLL!!!!!!!

oregonpackfan
05-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Don't you think that's stretching it just a tad bit considering Leaf was the #2 pick and Carroll was like #28?... :roll:

I see your point, Retailguy.

My point is that they were both #1 draft choices for their respective teams. Both Leaf and Carroll failed miserably and had short NFL careers. Perhaps some team may take a chance on Carroll and sign him.

With the new NFL emphasis on character issues, however, Carroll's pro football career may be over.

retailguy
05-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I see your point, Retailguy.

My point is that they were both #1 draft choices for their respective teams. Both Leaf and Carroll failed miserably and had short NFL careers. Perhaps some team may take a chance on Carroll and sign him.

With the new NFL emphasis on character issues, however, Carroll's pro football career may be over.

I think his career should be over. It'll just take a few of the idiots not having a career before these new college age "thugs" will get smart and stop hanging with "trash".

Funny, I'm 40, and have NEVER needed a gun when I went out on a Friday night. If there was a place I was going where I needed to pack it, I just DIDN'T go there. Theres a concept...

Carroll is a waste and was a wasted draft choice, I don't disagree with that. It happens. What a waste of a human being... Sad.

Fritz
05-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Whatta dumbazz. What's he gonna do now - sell insurance?

Talk about costing yourself.

Zool
05-08-2007, 08:27 AM
It sure seems like Carroll would have hung on with some team somewhere if he wasnt a moron. He would have collected $800k+ per year for the next 3-4 years.

Grandpa....whats a moron?

Merlin
05-08-2007, 08:28 AM
For all of those people that say that "no player would want to play in Green Bay" because it has not big city attraction, there is something to be said for living in a smaller city. You don't hear of NFL players getting arrested in Green Bay, WI.

Zool
05-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Except Chmura.

Merlin
05-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah but he wasn't branishing a 9MM with a buch of illegal drugs on him. I think the NFL players do what Chumra did more then we would like to admit!

MateoInMex
05-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Charmin should be doing time right next to this worthless prick! I mean pick.

I hope dude has fun trying to pick up bars of soap with boxing gloves.

packinpatland
05-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah but he wasn't branishing a 9MM with a buch of illegal drugs on him. I think the NFL players do what Chumra did more then we would like to admit!

Good Lord, hide your women and daughters!