PDA

View Full Version : Sim League

Packnut
05-08-2007, 10:08 AM
I know we all need some kind of football to tide us over until camp starts and I stumbled across this site- Whatifsports.com

It's a simulation sports site and has football. I believe it's 9 bucks for a season. You get 60 million and have to draft your team. They give you choices of ANY player from ANY year. For instance, my QB is the 1996 Brett Favre. I drafted a team of all Packers. I have Brooksie, Freeman and Jackson from the 96/97 teams.

Ok here's the cool part for the x's and o's guys like me, you design your offensive and defensive playbooks. You get to choose what formations to run and how aggressive you wanna be. For instance, in a 3Wr 2Te set, you decide how pass or run orientated you want your offense to be depending on the down.

If we have enough interest, we can form our own PackerRats league and play each other.

Just something to break up the boredom of no football...........

packinpatland
05-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Can I just be a ref?

Zool
05-08-2007, 10:22 AM
For instance, in a 3Wr 2Te set, you decide how pass or run orientated you want your offense to be depending on the down.

I couldn't let this slide. I tried and tried, but its just not in me.

Packnut
05-08-2007, 10:28 AM
For instance, in a 3Wr 2Te set, you decide how pass or run orientated you want your offense to be depending on the down.

Ah, but you could run a WR reverse out of that formation which is a run. Thought ya had me did'nt ya?

Rastak
05-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Looks very cool....but it's a bit pricey since leagues run every month....

Zool
05-08-2007, 10:52 AM

Ah, but you could run a WR reverse out of that formation which is a run. Thought ya had me did'nt ya?Very true, you could also put a TE in motion to the h-back slot I spose.

MadtownPacker
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Isnt this pretty much what the Madden video game does?

Cheesehead Craig
05-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I play Front Office Football which you have to be the GM. You can use real NFL teams and players or fictional ones. You can compete on-line with 31 other real people who are managing their teams. You have to fill out a roster, watch the cap, deal with injuries and attitude problems, interview and draft rookies and create gameplans for each "week". Most leagues play 2 games/week. It's a ton of fun and totally text-based.

I'm in one league where a guy researched the rosters of the UFL and WFL and merged the leagues with real rosters. There are leagues that start out in the early 90's and others start as of 2007.