PDA

View Full Version : Called my Budd.....Part 2

ND72
04-28-2006, 09:50 PM
so i had to call him, and this is his exact quote....

"MIND BLOWING. Since it was known about the pick, EVERYONE was called back in to work for tonight."

when asked about trading up....

"I can't talk about that."

Anti-Polar Bear
04-28-2006, 09:57 PM
so i had to call him, and this is his exact quote....

"MIND BLOWING. Since it was known about the pick, EVERYONE was called back in to work for tonight."

when asked about trading up....

"I can't talk about that."

No disrespect, ND, but who exactly is this Deep Throat of yours? Is he a scout? A spy? A anti-polar bear?

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 09:59 PM
So what exactly is so Mind BLowing about it. What are they thinking of doing, huh? Hmmmmmm!

ND72
04-28-2006, 10:01 PM
my buddy is a scout...he's actually a scout, for a scout....if that makes sense....he said it was mind blowing cause even they thought the Mario talk was just a negotiation ploy to get Reggie to lower his price.

VegasPackFan
04-28-2006, 10:02 PM
OMINOUS

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't know if I'd want Bush

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I used to have an imaginary friend. He never got called into work though.

ND72
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
FU too...i've said since i first put any of this, you can either believe or not, i don't care. it's your choice....yes i do have a friend that is a scout in green bay, if you don't wanna believe me, that's your choice, not mine.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't know if I'd want Bush

Oh, i see. :shock:

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I completely believe ND.

First of all, he's a upstanding citizen who would be completely out of character to lie and mislead. Second, it is exactly what a person involved would know and would beable to elaborate on. Third, it is always exactly along TT's thinking pattern and completely fits the puzzle. I tend to use reason 1 more than the rest but either way, I beleive everything he says and I'd even go so far as to say he doesn't really exaggerate the stories as he retells them.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 10:16 PM
FU too...i've said since i first put any of this, you can either believe or not, i don't care. it's your choice....yes i do have a friend that is a scout in green bay, if you don't wanna believe me, that's your choice, not mine.

Lighten up, Francis!

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
His name was Billy.

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I wanna hear all the rumors and like ND's comments about his contact; if you don't then skip the part. No need to discourage any posting. Heck, people post packerchatters.com rumors all the time, and his info is more credible than theirs IMO.

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 10:42 PM
I didn't discourage anybody from posting. Am I not allowed my opinion too?

motife
04-28-2006, 10:43 PM
from Pro Football Talk :

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the Packers and the Raiders have contacted the Saints about a possible trade up, as have the Cardinals. The Cardinals, interestingly, would make the move not to draft Bush -- which would drop him to at least No. 3.

The Cardinals, we figure, would make the move in order to nab Ferguson. Then the question becomes whether the Titans stick with Vince Young, or whether they select Bush.

The most intriguing landing spot for Bush is Green Bay, where he would provide the kind of Reggie White impact for which Lord Favre recently has been whining. Ironically, Favre wrote off in his press conference about nothing from April 8 the possible impactof any rookie in 2006.

Brett might feel differently if the rookie they end up with is Reggie Bush.

And the Saints could still slide to the five hole and get Ferguson or Hawk. New Orleans also would be slotted one spot lower, meaning less money required to sign the player.

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Well Call him back because I want more info.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM
If what they're saying in the other thread is true and NO will keep Reggie, doesn't that just put everyone's draft boards back to where they were starting with the #3 pick?

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 10:51 PM

Sorry, you are right; maybe I'm a bit sensitive cause I just watched that 911 movie; Flight 93 I think. Forgot the name; not a bad movie, but a bummer to think about.

motife
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
SEGAL PLANNING A BAYOU POWER PLAY

A league source tells us that agent Joel Segal plans to take the position that tailback Reggie Bush will not play for the New Orleans Saints.

The move, the source surmises, is aimed at allowing Segal to save some face after blowing Bush's shot to be the first overall pick in the draft.

The source also tells us that the Texans opted to tab defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 overall pick due to Bush and Segal's sky-high monetary demands. Segal, we're told, wanted $30 million in guaranteed money -- a 25 percent increase over the $24 million in guaranteed money that quarterback Alex Smith received as the No. 1 overall pick in 2005. Although Bush's recent P.R. problems didn't, we hear, play a role in the Texans' decision, word is that the multiple issues regarding Bush and his family caused the Texans to conclude that the fan base would be more likely to accept the decision to draft Williams.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 10:54 PM
If what they're saying in the other thread is true and NO will keep Reggie, doesn't that just put everyone's draft boards back to where they were starting with the #3 pick?

BINGO! However, it it's true, it's even better for Green Bay. New Orleans was the team in ahead of us that was interested in Hawk. Hawk and Davis should be available to the Packers--if this is true.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:54 PM
N.O. might be positioning as to not let on they want to trade the pick so badly.

Also,

I just heard Williams speak on ESPN and WOW...He's a hell of an impressive person as well as player. I think the Texans made the right decision. This guy could be Reggie. I'll take Reggie over Gayle Sayers any friggin day.

Fosco33
04-28-2006, 10:55 PM

I'm gonna go on a long limb here :idea:

Of course NO is gonna say they really want Bush, it puts them in the position of power in negotiation. I say it's a ploy for a big trade with the Cards or Pack (et all). If the Cards don't take Bush, then it becomes really interesting and more possible of Titans moving down (either Leinert or Young as a choice) with either GB or SF (among everyone else ;-)). It's a long shot but its as crazy as the Texans taking Mario.

Homer Jay

Sorry, you are right; maybe I'm a bit sensitive cause I just watched that 911 movie; Flight 173 I think. Forgot the name; not a bad movie, but a bummer to think about.

I want to see that movie, but I don't know if I can take it. Bravery isn't a strong enough word to describe those heroes. How many in the crowd were crying?

Fosco33
[quote="NickCollins"]N.O. might be positioning as to not let on they want to trade the pick so badly.quote]

Nick, you beat me by a matter of seconds :smile:

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm gonna go on a long limb here :idea:

Of course NO is gonna say they really want Bush, it puts them in the position of power in negotiation. I say it's a ploy for a big trade with the Cards or Pack (et all). If the Cards don't take Bush, then it becomes really interesting and more possible of Titans moving down (either Leinert or Young as a choice) with either GB or SF (among everyone else ;-)). It's a long shot but its as crazy as the Texans taking Mario.

Check out my post..That is exactly what's going on here.

RashanGary
04-28-2006, 10:57 PM
LOL..I thought you beat me but I started mine first so it listed it first...

As soon as mine was posted yours was already there behind mine...Either way it is going to look like a highly unoriginal thought as soon as the national media has a minute to talk about it.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm confused. I thought NO wanted Mario.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Although I like Huff, i wouldnt mind seeing Bush as a Packer. Bush would be a nice compliment to the GREAT AHMAN GREEN. Think: Thunder and Lightning (Green is both thunder and lightning; how many RBs can say they are both? Only Ahman Green) and the flesh (Bush).

Fosco33
04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
LOL..I thought you beat me but I started mine first so it listed it first...

As soon as mine was posted yours was already there behind mine...Either way it is going to look like a highly unoriginal thought as soon as the national media has a minute to talk about it.

Don't give them (media) so much credit - they like making big stories from all angles (I'm sure it will be talked about) but it also adds some drama (ratings)...

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 11:03 PM

Sorry, you are right; maybe I'm a bit sensitive cause I just watched that 911 movie; Flight 93 I think. Forgot the name; not a bad movie, but a bummer to think about.

I want to see that movie, but I don't know if I can take it. Bravery isn't a strong enough word to describe those heroes. How many in the crowd were crying?

Truth be told, it was a good movie, but I think the movie did a decent job making it all unemotional. A small % cried I would say; it did a nice job showing the facts of how things went down. It would have been better for it to be more of a tribute to the people on that plane who tried. I feel it's a must see, but emotionally it was not as intense as I expected. Would have liked to see a tribute to each member at the end.

My wife saw another movie on television about the same thing that really focused on the families, and how each family reacted when person after person was making their final call. She said she was in tears throughout that one and it was a lot more emotional and she actaully liked the tv movie better.

digitaldean
04-28-2006, 11:06 PM

Sorry, you are right; maybe I'm a bit sensitive cause I just watched that 911 movie; Flight 173 I think. Forgot the name; not a bad movie, but a bummer to think about.

I want to see the movie as well. Have to prepare myself first though. I went to the crash site and chapel near Shanksville a couple years ago with a couple friends who live there. It absolutely nailed me in the gut.

Told my kids that day "these are the type of people you should model yourself after not the actors, rock stars or athletes".

Heard at movie's private screening they had in N.Y. that it was like a crowd leaving a funeral when the movie finished. Couldn't see anything but that happening.

motife
04-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Not to say Mario Williams won't be good, but he got 26-1/12 sacks in 36 games. He didn't get any sacks in 23 of those games. 13 of his sacks came in 4 games. And in those 23 games he didn't get to the QB, N.C. St. was playing East Kentucky, Middle Tennessee St. South Florida, Wake Forest, etc.

Mario can't turn the corner. Even with all his speed, strength and quickness, his pass rush just is not there. He's no Reggie White, believe it now or believe it later. Dick Corrick, former head of Packer scouts, said the same thing in his analyis of Mario Williams in Packer Insider, he over rushes every play. Butch Davis says he's way over hyped, he's not close to being the best DE in a decade.

No Mo Moss
04-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Truth be told, it was a good movie, but I think the movie did a decent job making it all unemotional. A small % cried I would say; it did a nice job showing the facts of how things went down. It would have been better for it to be more of a tribute to the people on that plane who tried. I feel it's a must see, but emotionally it was not as intense as I expected. Would have liked to see a tribute to each member at the end.

My wife saw another movie on television about the same thing that really focused on the families, and how each family reacted when person after person was making their final call. She said she was in tears throughout that one and it was a lot more emotional and she actaully liked the tv movie better.

I watched that movie on AE and yeah, that was a major freakin movie. Very good. Sorry back to the pack.

swede
04-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Not to say Mario Williams won't be good, but he got 26-1/12 sacks in 36 games. He didn't get any sacks in 23 of those games. 13 of his sacks came in 4 games. And in those 23 games he didn't get to the QB, N.C. St. was playing East Kentucky, Middle Tennessee St. South Florida, Wake Forest, etc.

Mario can't turn the corner. Even with all his speed, strength and quickness, his pass rush just is not there. He's no Reggie White, believe it now or believe it later. Dick Corrick, former head of Packer scouts, said the same thing in his analyis of Mario Williams in Packer Insider, he over rushes every play. Butch Davis says he's way over hyped, he's not close to being the best DE in a decade.

See Motife,
I like hearing this stuff because it makes me feel better about not having him.

GrnBay007
04-28-2006, 11:22 PM

They are dicussing the movie on CNN now

Homer Jay
04-28-2006, 11:30 PM

They are dicussing the movie on CNN now

I'm such a wuss. Just trying to imagine what they and their families went through gets the tears building for me.

Bretsky
04-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Watching it now; Thanks. It's not too early to see this; that is moronic.

Two things I was a bit disappointed in.

1. Should have had more character development and family tributes

2. Should have used this film to garner more support for those in Iraq in times where some don't support our troops. Whether you support the war or not, you should support the people there IMO.

GrnBay007
04-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Looking back at the whole deal now, it feels like it was a bad dream. Like how the hell could something like this happen to our Country. I agree B, it's not too soon. People need to remember.

GrnBay007
04-28-2006, 11:45 PM
10% of the gross profits from the movie this weekend go to memorials......so after the draft hoopla, everyone should go see the movie this weekend.

ok, sorry for distracting your thread ND.

HarveyWallbangers
04-28-2006, 11:53 PM
N.O. might be positioning as to not let on they want to trade the pick so badly.

Also,

I just heard Williams speak on ESPN and WOW...He's a hell of an impressive person as well as player. I think the Texans made the right decision. This guy could be Reggie. I'll take Reggie over Gayle Sayers any friggin day.

Bush has a much better chance of being Sayers than Mario has of being Reggie. If you are going to apples to apples comparison, why not compare Reggie to the greatest RB of all-time, Jim Brown. I'd take Brown.

swede
04-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Check your SKinbasket pocket dictionary Harv. Cocks to cocks is the preferred way to say apples to apples.

I hope you're right about Bush if we're going to make a run at him.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 12:45 AM
How many superbowls did Brown win? I don't remember.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Jim Brown must have been a pre-superbowl player......

Either way, Reggie Bush reminds me nothing of the Jim Brown I've heard stories of. He is more accurately compared to Sayers.

Mario is most often compared to Bruce or Reggie. So I thought it was pretty fair.

I'd take Bruce over Sayers too.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Mario even sounds a little bit like Reggie. It's not as raspy but it's got that raspy sound....

ND72
04-29-2006, 07:21 AM

I've seen that one as well, on History Channel...it was tough. tears flowed watching that one...and anger.