PDA

View Full Version : If found guilty...

Freak Out
05-08-2007, 06:20 PM
These sick mofo's should get the chair. Damn....browsing
http://reddit.com/
and come across this sick group. http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp
Our country just seems to be full of sicko people like this.

BallHawk
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
I remember seeing this on the local news here, even though I'm in Florida.

The act those individuals performed is barbaric and inhumane. The thought that one human can do that to another is sickening. If there is a group of people that deserve to bring back the electric chair, it's these.

MJZiggy
05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
The thought that one human can do this to another is gross. This is a whole group of people who all agreed that these actions were ok. Add to that the fact that it seems to be a random act and that to me makes it even more unfathomable. What could these two people possibly have done to them to incite this kind of brutality?

Merlin
05-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Where is the "hate crime" charge? Ooops, my bad. That's only when a white person commits a crime against anyone who is offended...

BallHawk
05-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Where is the "hate crime" charge? Ooops, my bad. That's only when a white person commits a crime against anyone who is offended...

It's sad that this is true. If this happens in Alabama to an African-American Couple working 9-5 to support their family and the perpetrators are some young white folk, this is national headlines.

That is not racism. That is a fact.

Joemailman
05-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Some of the details of this crime are so horrific that it might have been enough to keep it off the news. There are still some things you just don't discuss on prime-time television.

MJZiggy
05-08-2007, 09:26 PM
When it gets that bad, don't they just generalize and say "gruesome murders?"

BallHawk
05-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Some of the details of this crime are so horrific that it might have been enough to keep it off the news. There are still some things you just don't discuss on prime-time television.

If they can play rap music on MTV, they can show this. Maybe cut out the penis-chopping and breast-slicing and just label it as "mutilation." We see enough havoc and bloodshed on TV, nowadays, that nothing will offend the American Public.

BallHawk
05-08-2007, 09:30 PM
When it gets that bad, don't they just generalize and say "gruesome murders?"

They could say that, too.

HarveyWallbangers
05-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Their response at the end is kind of ludicrous. Their excuse was that there's so many murders in America that this was ignored because of it. Wrong! If this had been white dudes on any minority this would be in the news for weeks. This was just plained ignored, and it shouldn't have been. This is horrific. Too bad it wasn't an urban legend.

However, the notion that every major news outlet in the U.S. (all of them competitive, profit-making businesses) has conspired to ignore what would otherwise be a compelling national story is rather implausible. A more rational explanation might be found in the sober observation that murders -- even decidedly horrific murders -- are unfortunately too frequent an occurrence in the U.S. for all of them to garner national attention. The cases that do tend to attract prolonged, nationwide coverage are ones exhibiting a combination of factors (e.g., scandal, mystery, sexual elements, celebrity involvement, shockingly large numbers of deaths, victims who especially elicit sympathy) that make them particularly fascinating and compelling to the public at large, such as the still-unsolved murder of 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, the mysterious disappearance (and death) of pregnant Laci Peterson, the massacre of 32 students and faculty at Virginia Tech, and the celebrity trial to determine whether actress Lana Clarkson committed suicide or was killed by reclusive record producer Phil Spector.

Freak Out
05-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Too bad it wasn't an urban legend.

No doubt.

I have to agree that if the wire watchers would have had this come across their desk and a group of white men would have done it to a black couple we would have heard much more much sooner.

packinpatland
05-08-2007, 09:57 PM
What kind of *&%*ing world do we live in.

Remember the movie 'A Time to Kill'?

"...and now picture her 'white'".

This is sad, so very, very sad.
As a Mom, I can't can not conceive,I can not put my mind around, the kind of pain the parents of these two must be going thru..........knowing the horrible details of their child's death. This is wrong, just wrong.

packinpatland
05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
and come across this sick group. http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/newsom.asp

No, our country is not full of sicko people. Good does out weigh the bad, I believe there are times, and this is one of those times, when it's just hard to take.

Joemailman
05-08-2007, 10:50 PM

If they can play rap music on MTV, they can show this. Maybe cut out the penis-chopping and breast-slicing and just label it as "mutilation." We see enough havoc and bloodshed on TV, nowadays, that nothing will offend the American Public.

My point is that if you take out some of the worst details, it is hard to accurately report this story. Even the term mutilation doesn't do justice to what was done here. I just think it's a tough call as to whether you want this in the news or not. Obviously it has to be reported locally, but I don't know what is to be gained by turning this into a national story.

GrnBay007
05-09-2007, 01:12 AM

No, our country is not full of sicko people. Good does out weigh the bad, I believe there are times, and this is one of those times, when it's just hard to take.

Pack, I believe good does out weigh the bad.....but there really are tons of sick people out there. There is just SO much that never makes the news...you would be amazed.

Kiwon
05-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Sadly, I too am familiar with this case. It's depressing that people could be so callous and cruel. But it's real life and it happened.

The MSM won't touch this story. It doesn't fit their template. It's up to talk radio and the Internet now.

There are many cases that are worthy of being ignored by the national media, but this isn't one of them. As disturbing as the truth is, it needs to be told in a straightforward and brutally honest fashion.

packinpatland
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Their are no species in the animal kingdom that treat each other this way.
Where do you place these then?