PDA

View Full Version : Lost!

Brando19
05-09-2007, 09:19 PM
If you guys get a chance to check out Lost tonight....tonight is Ben's flashback. Check out who plays his father....IT'S UNCLE RICO FROM NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!!!!!

MadtownPacker
05-10-2007, 01:47 AM
This episode kicked ass!!

Brando19
05-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Do you think Locke is dead? I don't. Man that Jacob thing was creepy!

HarveyWallbangers
05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I haven't watched this season, but my feelings that this comes down in the end to Locke vs. the doctor. The other subplots seem secondary. In the end, those are the main characters. We'll see. I haven't watched the season, but that's how I've felt it will come down to.

Brando19
05-10-2007, 05:27 PM
A few days ago, I read on the internet that Lost has chosen an end date. The show will continue on until the 2009-2010 season. I believe there are 2 episodes left this season. There will be 3 more seasons...which is 48 more episodes...before the finale.

MadtownPacker
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
I haven't watched this season, but my feelings that this comes down in the end to Locke vs. the doctor.
The previews show Doc and Locke are gonna have a throwdown on this seasons finale.

Brando - Locke aint gonna die and if you didnt notice he got shot on the side where they took his kidney out so he likely wouldnt have organ damage. Throw in the fact people seem to heal fast on the island and he will be fine. Not sure what the Jacob thng was about but I hope it doesnt get too freaky. Want to see it stay in the possible realm.

The last three seasons episodes will be run back to back so no more breaks half way through.

oregonpackfan
05-10-2007, 08:23 PM
A few days ago, I read on the internet that Lost has chosen an end date. The show will continue on until the 2009-2010 season. I believe there are 2 episodes left this season. There will be 3 more seasons...which is 48 more episodes...before the finale.

Brando,

A recent article I read showed that Lost viewership has dropped dramatically. It's possible that next season may be the last one at best.

Brando19
05-10-2007, 08:29 PM

Brando,

A recent article I read showed that Lost viewership has dropped dramatically. It's possible that next season may be the last one at best.

I don't think so. I doubt Lost will be cancelled and they've set a date. A big reason they set the date is because of the lower ratings, they want people to know there's going to be an end and it's not going to keep going in circles. Here's the article:

ABC has set an end date for "Lost."

The Emmy-winning adventure series will run for 48 more episodes over three seasons. Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted.

"Lost" executive producers/showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, who have been vocal about setting up an endgame for the show, have signed on to stay for the remainder of the series' run. Their separate new eight-figure deals with "Lost" producer ABC TV Studio include their services on the show as well as multiyear development pacts set to kick in when "Lost" bows out during the 2009-10 season.

"Due to the unique nature of 'Lost,' we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout and to give the audience the payoff they deserve," ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson said.

Lindelof said having the end point in sight was "incredibly liberating. Like we've been running a marathon and we actually know where the finish line is for the first time."

Lindelof and Cuse said they've had "a road map for the series with all the major mythological milestones and the ending in place" for awhile.

"What we didn't know was how long we had to play the story out," Cuse said. "By defining the endpoint we can now really map out the rest of the series in confidence."

There will be some puzzle play, too.

"We sort of view 'Lost' as a mosaic," Cuse said. "Now there are only 48 more tiles that go into that mosaic, and we're figuring out, along with all the other writers, exactly where they all go."

In January, Lindelof and Cuse said that they envisioned the endpoint for "Lost" around episode 100. The agreement with ABC will bring the total number of episodes to 120.

Lindelof wrote the pilot for "Lost" with fellow executive producer J.J. Abrams, and Cuse joined the series in October 2004 shortly after the show debuted to big numbers.

In addition to its instant commercial success and large following, "Lost" has enjoyed strong critical acclaim, capped by a best drama series Emmy in 2005 and best drama series Golden Globe in 2006.

While the show's ratings have softened this season -- it is averaging 15.1 million viewers to date -- it is the most recorded show on TV, gaining 18 percent more viewers through DVR viewing. It is also a popular draw for streaming replays on ABC.com, iTunes downloads and DVDs.

Zool
05-16-2007, 08:58 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20041020h.jpg

Partial
05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Interesting that Richard was one of the original hostiles (and doesn't age?) and now he is the off-island face of the others. Very, very bizzare.

The spoilers for this week and the finale got leaked big time yesterday. I won't spoil it but I was underwhelmed with the "snake in the mailbox".

Partial
05-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, i've gotta say that was a very sad episode. What is kind of weird is that regardless to what happens to Charlie down there, the vision has been changed.

It seems a lot like the whole Abraham sacrifice thing Desmond was talking about in his episode a few weeks back. Once fate was accepted, God spared Isaac. I wonder if this is something to the same general effect?

Hopefully, because I like Charlie.

That was a really well-done episode and really showed what a great actor Dominic Monaghan is. Definitely the saddest episode of lost yet. I found it extremely enjoyable despite in constantly tugging on my soft spot.

oregonpackfan
05-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Partial,

I share your reflections on this week's episode. It was a touching scene with Desmond and Charlie.

With Charlie's capture, however, I have the hunch he will return.

What I want to know is if John Locke will survive his shooting in the previous week's episode by Ben. Locke has a history of surviving traumatic events like the push out of the 8th story window.

In any event, it appears that Ben is a despotic madman.

MadtownPacker
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah it was a touchy-feely type of episode but it was a good one.

But what is up with those 2 chicks with the guns at the end? They must be friends with the parachute chick that as looking for Desmond. I have a feeling the show is about to tkae a whole different turn then where it was going.

oregonpackfan
05-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Madtown,

I think those two women in the underwater station are members of The Others.

It was revealed in that episode that Ben was using that station to jam any radio/telephone transmission from the island.

Next week will be a 2 hour finale. Perhaps more will be revealed. :?:

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Tonight they reviewed all that has transpired and neither writer seemed to even know clearly what was really going down.

It all seems to have alot to do with redemption though.

LL2
05-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Lost is a great show! I love how the writers seem to intertwine everyones lives somehow. They all seem connected to each other somehow. I think Locke is dead! It was cool how he was stealing some thunder from Ben and starting to figure him out and that's why Ben killed him. If Locke stays alive he would continue to undermine Ben and the show wouldn't be able to continue on for 2 more years. I can't wait to the finale. Somehow I still do not trust Jack. I don't think Sayid does either and the reason why he sent Jack to lead the others away from the beach. Someone will have a personal motive and deceive and betray the plane crash group and I think Jack and Juliett will be the ones betraying the group.

oregonpackfan
05-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Lost is a great show! I love how the writers seem to intertwine everyones lives somehow. They all seem connected to each other somehow. I think Locke is dead! It was cool how he was stealing some thunder from Ben and starting to figure him out and that's why Ben killed him. If Locke stays alive he would continue to undermine Ben and the show wouldn't be able to continue on for 2 more years. I can't wait to the finale. Somehow I still do not trust Jack. I don't think Sayid does either and the reason why he sent Jack to lead the others away from the beach. Someone will have a personal motive and deceive and betray the plane crash group and I think Jack and Juliett will be the ones betraying the group.

LL2,

I agree with all the points you make in your analysis.

Juliette intrigues me. At times she appears to possess a great deal of compassionate humanity but at other times appears to play off Ben and Jack. I think she lost a lot of her humanity with the deaths of her husband, and sister.

Her almost continual Mona Lisa smile is perplexing. Either she is relaxed and confident or she is schizophrenic.

Partial
05-23-2007, 12:02 PM
You guys ready for this?

LL2
05-23-2007, 02:00 PM
You guys ready for this?

The finale? There will be some back stabbing and someone will be killed off. I think someone has been killed off the island the last two years. I'm going to say it will be Jack or Sawyer. They want to move from the small screen to the big screen.

oregonpackfan
05-23-2007, 02:21 PM
If Jack is killed off who will be the new leader? Naw, it is more likely for them to take Sawyer.

I think Charlie will be tortured by finally die in a heroic gesture to save Clare and the baby.

LL2
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, your right. Jack can't die, even though not too many trust him right now. Also, doesn't Clare and Jack have the same dad? That has to be revealed to Clare before Jack can die or Clare be rescued.

Partial
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
cheers to the great Charlie Hieronymus Pace!! He is probably going to die tonight since he is leaving the show. He was a great character in season 1, and a wasted character the last two years.

MadtownPacker
05-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Im sick of that damn hobbit and I'll be happy as hell if he gets whacked!

But Im not happy that the season is ending tonight. :x

Partial
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Man, I was really hoping the spoilers were wrong and Charlie lived.

Sad, sad, sad.

That was pretty cool with the forward-flash. That is the new format for the show since they are running out of backstories.

Was anyone surprised by it?

Brando19
05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
WTF?!?!?!
Are they off the island?!?!?!? Are they safe?!?! That was a weird weird ending.

Anyone think Charlie will pop back up alive? He was near that window he could have swam out of.

What's the deal with Walt?? Is he dead or back on the island?

Fosco33
05-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I liked the forward flash...

They definitely got off the island - unless it was Jack's vision/wanting to not leave....

Walt and the real 'others' - like Jacob - have some spiritual connection to that place. Walt is a 'very special boy' and has some weird capacity to protect the place.

Strange on the Penny boat twist - didn't see that coming. Also agree - why didn't charlie swim out the hole???

Glad to see the story line to continue to move forward - but damn, now we have more questions. 8-)

Partial
05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
I think they were implying he had to die to make Desmond's vision complete and for Claire and Aaron to be rescued. The best scene in the entire season was when Charlie left Aaron the DS ring.

oregonpackfan
05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Wow! Last night's episode had more killings and rise-from-the dead scenes than any action movie you could possibly imagaine.

John Locke rose from the dead to throw a knife in the back of parachutist Naomi.

Mikhail, the Russian, took a speargun dart in the chest to blow the underwater hatch causing Charlie to drown.

The two women in the underwater station ended in Davy Jones locker.

Hurley killed one of The Others with the VW bus.

Sayid, Jiu, and Bernard blew up 7 of The Others in the trap they laid at the camp.

Sawyer killed one of The Others leaders in cold blood for taking Walt.

The Flash to the Future was really bizarre. At first, I thought it was an episode from Jack's past. When Kate appeared with him at the airport runway, it became apparent the scene was from the future.

This show has more bizarre twists and turns than one can imagine! :shock:

K-town
05-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Random thoughts on last night's season finale:

1) The next time somebody shoots or "kills" Mikhail, they should make sure he's dead. Like with a vampire - white Hawthorne stake through the heart, cut off his head, mouth full of garlic, etc.

2) The unattended funeral in LA - who is in the coffin?

3) Couldn't tell if Jack's experiences were a flashback or a flash forward, until right at the end. Since it is a glimpse into the future, why did he tell the chief of surgery to talk to his father? Isn't his father dead? Or was Jack just too wasted to remember he was bringing his father's body home from Australia?

4) Glad Sawyer shot that guy - don't care if it was in "cold blood." Justice was served.

5) The blond girl in the Looking Glass station - don't know the actress' name, but I think in every guest starring spot she's had - on NYPD Blue, Law and Order, Angel, etc., etc. - she always dies.

6) Locke killed Naomi-parachute-girl: unless she really represents the bad guys, that makes Locke a murderer.

7) Really liked Ben getting beat up. But unlike Jack, I don't think I could stop hitting him.

8) Back to the flash forward stuff - so Kate's no longer a fugitive?

9) I hope Penny becomes a cast regular.

oregonpackfan
05-24-2007, 10:49 AM
[quote="K-town"]Random thoughts on last night's season finale:

2) The unattended funeral in LA - who is in the coffin?

3) Couldn't tell if Jack's experiences were a flashback or a flash forward, until right at the end. Since it is a glimpse into the future, why did he tell the chief of surgery to talk to his father? Isn't his father dead? Or was Jack just too wasted to remember he was bringing his father's body home from Australia?

4) Glad Sawyer shot that guy - don't care if it was in "cold blood." Justice was served.

6) Locke killed Naomi-parachute-girl: unless she really represents the bad guys, that makes Locke a murderer.

K-town,

You bring up some interesting points:

3. If it is a flash forward, you are right that Jack's father is already dead. That is why he was in Australia--to retrieve his father's body.

4. Sawyer's shooting a tied man was in cold blood, IMO. Given the circumstances that there is no formal court of law, he probably WAS justified in killing that guy. He would have come back to haunt the survivors again.

6. I remain perplexed as to Locke killing the girl. Most of the survivors seemed to feel she had the ticket to escape the island(satellite phone). It was surprising that more of the survivors were not appalled over her killing as Locke did not provide any justification for the knifing. Of course, we as the viewers are left wondering if Ben's accusation that Naomi was a member of Dharma seeking revenge on the island.

Again, I thought the season's finale episode was a real blockbuster with many incredible events.

MadtownPacker
05-24-2007, 12:09 PM
It was a "flash forward" for sure. Saw on the ABC site that if you scamble up the letters of the name of the funeral home you can make out FLASH FORWARD.

Check out this kickass zoom-in of the piece of paper Jack is holding. Say somerthing about someone from NY dying in LA. The coffin was pretty small so I think Ben was in it.

Great episode and the Hobbit finally got it!

LINK to PIC (http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg)

GoPackGo
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
It was a "flash forward" for sure. Saw on the ABC site that if you scamble up the letters of the name of the funeral home you can make out FLASH FORWARD.

Check out this kickass zoom-in of the piece of paper Jack is holding. Say somerthing about someone from NY dying in LA. The coffin was pretty small so I think Ben was in it.

LINK to PIC (http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RlUe-1YihSI/AAAAAAAAFkw/ucINFuG1jfo/s1600-h/newspaperclipping2.jpg)

see the name on that paper?

it says the body of Ju???? ????antham

The person in the accident was Juliet. damn I'm good

Partial
05-24-2007, 12:39 PM

Juliet is from Florida, not New York. Michael is the only cast-away from New York, but based on the family that showed up when he was in his accident, I would say some people would show up to see him.

GoPackGo
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Its probably a character who comes in next season and in the future dies right in front of Jack on the bridge

Brando19
05-24-2007, 05:40 PM

The paper says a MAN was found dead....Juliet's not a man. Also...it looks like Jo???? ????antham or Ja???? ???antham. Perhaps it's Jacob...who will be revealed more next season?

GoPackGo
05-24-2007, 05:43 PM
True. I wonder who it could be?

Brando19
05-24-2007, 08:29 PM

I don't know. I can't wait. We have until September to guess.
Remember when Kate said, "I have to go...he'll wonder where I am."? Do you think she could have been talking about Sawyer? Also, I believe Jack wanted to go back to the island because they had to leave many behind.

MadtownPacker
05-24-2007, 09:16 PM

Remember when Kate said, "I have to go...he'll wonder where I am."? Do you think she could have been talking about Sawyer? Also, I believe Jack wanted to go back to the island because they had to leave many behind.Oh boy are you gonna be pissed. Season 4 isnt suppose to start until Febuary cuz ABC wants to have back to back episodes for the whole season.

I have read where Kate may have actually meant she had to get back to her baby. BTW, Sawyer's real first name is James but I dont think he is from NY.

Brando19
05-24-2007, 10:00 PM

Remember when Kate said, "I have to go...he'll wonder where I am."? Do you think she could have been talking about Sawyer? Also, I believe Jack wanted to go back to the island because they had to leave many behind.Oh boy are you gonna be pissed. Season 4 isnt suppose to start until Febuary cuz ABC wants to have back to back episodes for the whole season.

I have read where Kate may have actually meant she had to get back to her baby. BTW, Sawyer's real first name is James but I dont think he is from NY.

February!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?! I had heard they wanted back to back episodes for the season...but I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Wow...that sucks. Oh well...I'll be married by then so that'll give me time to get my wife caught up on what's going on so she can watch with me.
You're right...James is Sawyer's first name. Way to think, Madtown! I hope he's not the one dead because I really like Sawyer. Kate ,may have a baby? Man...I can't wait...but we have to! :evil:

Fosco33
05-25-2007, 12:37 AM
People who are 'special' and 'good' like Locke, Ben, Makhil, Jacob have a connection with the island. There's some mechanism that forces the brain to see (and we viewers see) related to that black fog and voices in the jungle. They also heal really fast (duh).

So, Locke seeing Walt makes sense - I guess.
(in the director/producer review, they say that's just your mind playing tricks).

My question, why did he walk away and not kill Ben as well? Christ, he just shot him in a pit of Dharma peeps and then kills the Dharma (?) person.... Quite confused on this one.

I think Sawyer was the dead guy. I mean, who were his friends - he cheated them all and his parents were dead. When Ben was saying that Jack shouldn't leave - he said something like, "do you really miss that hospital"? The flash forward shows a bleak life with a stoned Jack (repression, depression, injuries, etc.) and no one attend Sawyer's funeral (not even Kate)? Hmmm...

Lots to think about I guess over the next 8 or 9 months.

LL2
05-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Fosco, it looks by your avatar you’re a fan of 24 too. I haven’t seen a single episode and I have a few friends that say it’s better than Lost. So, starting this summer I plan to start watch every season starting with the first until I get caught up. I kind of wish I could’ve done that with Lost, because the wait between shows is torture sometimes.

As far as Lost goes it sure does end each season with more questions than answers. Who was saved and who wasn’t. Jack keeps flying over the pacific hoping to crash back on the island. I don’t like how some people keep coming back to life like the one-eye Dharma guy and Locke. If this show ends at 100 epsiodes how many more season will there be? I wonder if the FINAL episode ever will answer all the questions or leave many unanswered for you to answer them in your own mind? John Grisham does that with his books sometimes.

Fosco33
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Fosco, it looks by your avatar you’re a fan of 24 too. I haven’t seen a single episode and I have a few friends that say it’s better than Lost. So, starting this summer I plan to start watch every season starting with the first until I get caught up. I kind of wish I could’ve done that with Lost, because the wait between shows is torture sometimes.

As far as Lost goes it sure does end each season with more questions than answers. Who was saved and who wasn’t. Jack keeps flying over the pacific hoping to crash back on the island. I don’t like how some people keep coming back to life like the one-eye Dharma guy and Locke. If this show ends at 100 epsiodes how many more season will there be? I wonder if the FINAL episode ever will answer all the questions or leave many unanswered for you to answer them in your own mind? John Grisham does that with his books sometimes.

I love 24 - better than LOST (or Prison Break) - mainly because each season ENDS a storyline. This past season wasn't as good as last year (or day 3). With the DVDs, you can get through in a month (~17 real hours) - have fun because that show is a crazy ride!

Partial
05-25-2007, 11:28 AM

I love 24 - better than LOST (or Prison Break) - mainly because each season ENDS a storyline. This past season wasn't as good as last year (or day 3). With the DVDs, you can get through in a month (~17 real hours) - have fun because that show is a crazy ride!

A month?!? Ha! Try 3 days. I'm a sad man :(

LL2
05-25-2007, 11:44 AM
How many seasons of 24 are there? Aren’t there around 5? If so it will take me 4 months at least to watch all of them. With a family of 4 and all of the running around to do my free time isn’t like it used to be.

Has anyone seen the HBO Deadwood series? I read it only lasted a few seasons but it was really good. I like western stuff too. Sorry to take this thread off tangent a little.

Fosco33
05-25-2007, 12:12 PM

A month?!? Ha! Try 3 days. I'm a sad man :(

I started watching mid-way through the first season - and spent a weekend a few years ago catching up on the whole season (and getting the girlfriend on board). I feel ya! But most people wouldn't watch TV 8 hours a day on a weekend :oops:

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2007, 12:23 PM
But most people wouldn't watch TV 8 hours a day on a weekend

I've done that with every season of 24. Once it sucks you in, you're toast. It's like a 17 hour-long movie. With Lost, it usually takes me two weekends.
:D

MadtownPacker
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I love 24 - better than LOST
You are obviously a traitorous Other!

I think us Losties need to give you the Mikael treatment for bringing up that BS show 24 and that Breakfast Club reject Kiefer Sutherland!!!!

Brando19
05-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I love 24 - better than LOST
You are obviously a traitorous Other!

I think us Losties need to give you the Mikael treatment for bringing up that BS show 24 and that Breakfast Club reject Kiefer Sutherland!!!!

No doubt. This is a Lost thread...not a gay 24 thread. :)

oregonpackfan
05-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Last Sunday, our minister in his sermon actually brought up a reference to 24! He cited and showed on the screen a scene where the main character had a personal moment with his estranged young adult daughter. It seems the character's life was so absorbed with the demands of his job that he neglected, and eventually lost, his family.

After his daughter left, the character broke down in tears while alone in his car. In the middle of his sobbing, he gets a call from his supervisior for another asssignment. Reluctantly, the character agrees to respond...

I too have never seen an episode of 24. I may rent the videos this summer.

LL2
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Good news folk! Lost producers said there will be answers to everything. There better be!

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=15b2aaf3-43cb-475b-b520-f40bb8d69eaf&entry=index&sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Partial
06-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I <3 lost. I rewatched the entire season in the past couple of weeks.