PDA

View Full Version : Look what Ingle Martin said...

Pacopete4
05-10-2007, 02:12 AM
"I will be the next great Packer QB. It will just be time now that will determine when I will not only break Brett Favre's records, but I will break all the other great QB records as well."

asked why he thinks he is the best...

"I am the best because not only am I the best athlete on the field, but I am the greatest fundamental QB there ever will be."

my take on this is that we have the greatest QB in the 3 hole

Guiness
05-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Ummm, source?

Didn't know Ingle did LSD :twisted:

Rastak
05-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Didn't know Ingle did LSD :twisted:

Hmm, mabye it wasn't Ingle and LSD....... :wink:

BallHawk
05-10-2007, 06:50 AM
The time that this was posted may be a hint to why the post is so.....strange.

packinpatland
05-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Sounds like there's alittle 'Ali' there :lol:

Lurker64
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
When Favre retires, Ingle is so going to beat out Rodgers for the starting job. TT will look like a goat for taking Rodgers in the first, but it will be cancelled out because he looks like a genius for taking Martin on the second day.

MJZiggy
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Actually, I'm kinda rooting for the kid, but I would love a source for this, because I also have seen interviews with him and he is quite the comedian...A joke taken out of context can sometimes sound really stupid.

Chubbyhubby
05-10-2007, 10:22 AM
The Packers have had good backups in GreenBay. Don't dismiss the fact that they are just "backups" they are not starting material. We just happened to have our version of Cal Ripkin Jr. When Brett does retire either end of '07 or '08 its going to be open season the QB spot which Packer fans haven't seen for almost 20 years. Martin, Rodgers and who ever else they get will audtion for #1 in the QB depth chat.

mmmdk
05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Following Favre is a big hurdle yet Ingle "only" has to pass AR on the depth chart - it could happen and confidence can never be a bad thing. I just want a winner - be it Ingle, AR or somebody else.

oregonpackfan
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
..Oh, Lord, it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way...

You tell'im, Ingle! :)

Brando19
05-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I like Martin...but if this is true what he said...he's an arrogant ass.

the_idle_threat
05-10-2007, 05:16 PM
Source???

Brainerd
05-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Source???
Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. :lol:

green_bowl_packer
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
He's not a jerk, that's just his sense of humor kind of like Bill Murray or Chevy Chase in Fletch, seems like he tried the same schtick with bad results in this case. There is a video on packers.com, listed under 2006 non-game video, Oct. 13 "Q & A with Ingle Martin" (you can view with wmp or real player, I didn't post link because some are choosey about that) which shows this interview which is pretty damn funny. Seems like a hell of a guy to have in the huddle in crunch time keeping guys loose.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/10/13/2/

Playing Third String: Q & A With Ingle Martin

posted 10/13/2006

(Describe the job of the third quarterback on an NFL team.)
Well, on our team, the third quarterback is probably the most important position out there. Obviously Brett Favre does OK sometimes, and Aaron, he's a first-round pick. But myself coming in here, I really feel like I have to get the guys going. My way of writing down the plays on the clipboard really motivates the rest of the team to really try to go out there and win the game. Obviously I have to do a little better job, we're 1-4 right now, so hopefully these next couple games I can start writing down a little better, maybe a little clearer.

(In all seriousness, what is it the coaches ask the third quarterback to do in practice on a daily basis?)
It's just something I have to go out there and be mentally prepared every day because I'm not getting any reps. Go out and watch what Brett does, watch the reads, watch the checks, and I'm the emergency guy so I have to be ready without having any reps. As far as the defensive coaches go, they expect me to give them a good look on the scout team, and I think Aaron and I have done a pretty good job with that this year so far.

(Heard a rumor about you punting in practice with Jon Ryan not here.)
Jon isn't here this week, so Coach Stock came and asked me to punt a few. It's fun for me and it's something I enjoy doing. I hit a few good ones, there were a few that hit ol' (PR intern) Rob over there on the sidelines. But I hadn't practiced a whole lot, it's just something fun, and Coach Stock hopefully will come to me again.

(Describe what your job is like on gameday? Is it more than just carrying a clipboard as they say?)
There's really lots of parts to my job and it's hard to zero in on what the most important part is. Obviously, coming in and showing up is very important, because without the third-string quarterback, the whole team might kind of melt down. Again, I'm the glue that holds it together. But, no, seriously, I just come in, go out there and warm up with Brett, make sure the receivers get enough balls before the game. Come in, grab my clipboard, but other than that, stay in the game and just be ready, just in case that emergency does happen.

(How much do you talk to Brett on a daily basis?)
He's one of the funniest guys I've ever been around. For him to be in his 16th year and still have that sense of humor and still be what seems like the same guy he's been forever is remarkable just because of the success he's had. A lot of the world wants to stereotype people who have had success and paint them into a corner saying they're going to be jerks or whatever, but he's the furthest thing from that. At practice, he comes off and likes to slap you in the butt every once in a while when you're not looking, try to leave a hand print. He's the life of the team, and that's why I think everyone rallies around him and has done it for so long. He's one of a kind for sure.

(Has he given you any good advice as far as being a young guy coming into the league?)
Yeah. Sometimes you get out there and you start thinking a little bit too much, and he just says 'Throw the ball, throw the ball. Don't worry about thinking, don't worry about this or that. Just get it to them.' It really simplifies it, because you're thinking, gosh, the coaches are watching this and that. So you just go out there, be yourself, and throw the football.

(How is life in the NFL so far? Is it what you expected? Any big surprises?)
It's been about the same. It's been a very fun couple months since, May I guess, I've been up here and enjoyed it, being around all the guys and being in a great place like Green Bay where the tradition is so alive, really. Walking into Lambeau it's an historic place and there's so much out there, walking out of the tunnel on Sundays. It's just been a great place to be.

(What are your most memorable moments of your rookie season so far, both on and off the field?)
My most memorable moments? Probably that first game out in San Diego, getting in there and completing my first pass. And just being a part of something special. The Packers in and of themselves are a name that stands out above every other team in the NFL, I feel like. You go anywhere and you look at Brett Favre, his jersey is selling out more than anywhere throughout the whole world, and of course that jersey is a Packers jersey. So there's so much that goes along with being a Packer.

(What are your plans for the time off during the bye weekend?)
Not a whole lot. I'm going to hang out with my wife, and we're going to maybe go down to Chicago for a day. But mostly be up here in Green Bay. Daryn Colledge and I might go out and play golf, but just relaxing and getting ready for Miami.

(What else do you like to do when you have some down time?)
I enjoy deer hunting, and bow season is in right now. I've gone out twice now and haven't really seen anything worth shooting, but hopefully I'll be able to get something before the end of the year. Once it warms up, I'll go out and play golf or fish or something.

packinpatland
05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
After reading this, there's no way he said those other things...........at least not in the context presented.

MJZiggy
05-10-2007, 07:34 PM
That's what I was saying above. He was most likely joking and had someone pull the quote without context.

packinpatland
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Oh, the power of the printed word.

Merlin
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Ingle Martin interviews better then Rodgers

Martin 1
Rodgers 0

cheesner
05-10-2007, 07:44 PM
That is very funny stuff. Come on posters - he is being funny!

I am now an Ingle Martin fan.

MadtownPacker
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Yup, Im on Martin's bandwagon as well.

Who wants a QB who thinks he sucks? Give me the confident dude anytime.

BallHawk
05-10-2007, 08:42 PM
There's really lots of parts to my job and it's hard to zero in on what the most important part is. Obviously, coming in and showing up is very important, because without the third-string quarterback, the whole team might kind of melt down. Again, I'm the glue that holds it together.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your future QB in Green Bay. :D :wink: :lol:

Tony Oday
05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
lol I love this guy!!!

packinpatland
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm hoping we can see him play abit this preseason.

woodbuck27
05-11-2007, 09:51 AM
and. . .

He can punt.

MJZiggy
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
and. . .

He can punt.

lol

4and12to12and4
05-11-2007, 05:21 PM
This is a strange quote, I find it hard to believe he had the balls to say that. That being said, he IS more athletic and has a much stronger arm then aaron. It's all about his decision making and accuracy.