PDA

View Full Version : CLASSIC KID TALK

Bretsky
05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Strange topic for a thread, but thought I'd give it a wing. Many of us have kids, and sometimes they say the most whacked out things; here's my story.

I have a 6yr old girl and a 3 year old girl. The six year old is attending her first year of parochial kindergarden.

For whatever reason she started lecturing/teaching the 3 year old about death, which I was surprised about as it was not really a topic we had ever discussed

6Yr Old- Someday when we die, if we are good and believe in Jesus we can go up to heaven, and if we are bed we'll go underground to hell3Yr Old- I don't want to die

6Yr Old- Everybody dies sometime; just be good and believe and you'll go to heaven
3Yr Old- I don't want to go to Heaven; I want to stay home

6 Yr Old- But Heaven's a great place; it's much more fun than where we live it.
3Yr Old- I don't want to go to heaven because I can't take my toys there

6 Yr Old- But everybody dies sometime. Daddy, are you older than mommy ? (yes was response). "So daddy will die first, then mommy, then me, and then you.
3Yr Old- If you guys all die together and the dogs die I'll be stuck at the Big House all by myself. What am I suppose to do then

6Yr Old- You you can fly in heaven
3Yr Old- But I don't have wings

6Yr Old- You don't need wings to fly in heaven; you can do whatever you want as long as you believe when you are on earth
3Yr Old- I have white wings at home anyways

And then the topic changed.

TO BE YOUNG AGAIN; THE GOOD OLD DAYS

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for sharing.
The innocence of youth. :)

Kiwon
05-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Cool stuff!

You should start letting your kids post some, Bretsky. They make more sense than several of the regulars. :)

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree.
You just need to talk Kiwon into changing his avatar. :roll:

Kiwon
05-13-2007, 11:10 PM
I agree.
You just need to talk Kiwon into changing his avatar. :roll:

:shock: Change my avatar?

Culture is not static. It evolves. I'm evolving as well. I've gone from an Asian theme to a European classic art motif. Notice the brush stokes, the life-like detail. This image captures the timeless themes of male-female relationships, from mother-son to friend and lover. This is a wonderful example of high cultural art in the best Renaissance tradition.

Note the nurturing warmth of a mother figure's breasts (it's Mother's Day, you know) and the child-like expression of longing on the subject's face as he anticipates being linked body and soul with the object of his affection.

The feminine figure, likewise, has a rapturous expression of joy as she revels in the power that she wields. Like a skilled huntress who has her prey, her head is turned away toward someone else as she delightfully displays her trophy male. Young, powerful womanhood has subjugated the older, more privileged male. It is a man's world and yet women can bring even the most accomplished men to their knees in child-like submission. This picture captures this essence.

Change my avatar? Why that would be an affront to my artistic freedom and taste. Amidst the avatars of football brutes and beer, wine, and liquor, surely there is some room for classic art.

GrnBay007
05-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Little Tony was staying with his Grandmother for a few days. He'd been
playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came into the house
and asked her, Grandma, what's that called when two people sleep in the
same room and one is on top of the other?"

She was a little taken back, but she decided to just tell him the
truth. "It's called sexual intercourse, darling."

Little Tony just said, "Oh, OK", and went back outside to play with
other kids. A few minutes later he came back in and said, angrily,
"Grandma, it isn't called sexual intercourse. It's called Bunk Beds.
And Jimmy's mom wants to talk to you."

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 12:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!

Bretsky
05-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Cool stuff!

You should start letting your kids post some, Bretsky. They make more sense than several of the regulars. :)

lol; yes they do.

Although even at ages 3 and six, two common themes about

The Bears are Bad
and
Brett Favre is their favorite player

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 01:55 PM
I remember, as a kid, growing up in Whitefish Bay, every boy in the 2nd grade wanted to play for the Green Bay Packers.

Those were the good old days..... :D

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 02:42 PM
I remember, as a kid, growing up in Whitefish Bay, every boy in the 2nd grade wanted to play for the Green Bay Packers.

Has it changed? :wink:

Joemailman
05-27-2007, 02:52 PM

Or as they used to refer to it in Milwaukee...White Folks Bay. :wink:

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 02:59 PM
That reminds me of my mother visiting a few years back, we were out for a drive, and went past a tennis court, in a pretty affluent part of town, there was a sign on the fence that said 'Whites Only', my mom saw it and whispered to me, "how can they get away with that?"

We've laughed about that for years. :lol:

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Well, I've come back to earth and realized I'm not going to be playing for the Packers. :D

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 04:43 PM

Well, I've come back to earth and realized I'm not going to be playing for the Packers. :D

Very Good :lol: :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 04:55 PM

I'll have to find some use for my Packer knowledge, though. Maybe, if I run for one of the senate seats from Wisconsin, I won't discuss taxes. Instead, I'll discuss the Packers and how Ted Thompson led us to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years, back in the good 'ol days. That should get me the vote of the people. :D :lol:

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 05:27 PM

I'll have to find some use for my Packer knowledge, though. Maybe, if I run for one of the senate seats from Wisconsin, I won't discuss taxes. Instead, I'll discuss the Packers and how Ted Thompson led us to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years, back in the good 'ol days. That should get me the vote of the people. :D :lol:

Sounds like you spent too much time in the poppy field on your way to OZ. :wink:

Bretsky
05-27-2007, 05:30 PM

LMAO; good one :bow:

And like every politician, while you statement sounded too good to be true, somebody would point out that your facts are faulty and Thompson in fact

led us to no titles and after being fired is now viewed by some as the one who wasted Favre's last few years with the Packers by focusing his efforts to rebuild for the future :wink:

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Listen, by that time, Favre will be but a memory and Aaron Rodgers will of broken all of his records. :D :D :wink:

Bretsky
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Listen, by that time, Favre will be but a memory and Aaron Rodgers will of broken all of his records. :D :D :wink:

Yup, snapped them over his knee after never cutting it in the pro's :wink:

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 06:15 PM

Yup, snapped them over his knee after never cutting it in the pro's :wink:

Damn, B, you're clever. :D :lol: :D

packinpatland
05-27-2007, 06:32 PM

Seriously, did cocktail hour start early?

BallHawk
05-27-2007, 06:33 PM

It never stopped. :wink:

MJZiggy
05-27-2007, 07:30 PM

Yes. (*hic)