PDA

View Full Version : Favre asked to be traded

packers11
05-13-2007, 11:07 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6805790?MSNHPHMA

Favre asked to be traded

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 6 minutes ago

The man who may have the biggest name in Green Bay sports history has asked to be traded.

Several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com that Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompsonwithin two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade. The sources said that Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.

The shocking request appeared directly related to the team's inability to trade for WR Randy Moss.

The news was then relayed to head coach Mike McCarthy, who immediately phoned the Super Bowl winning quarterback to squash his anger. However, the quarterback ignored all his calls for a week, perhaps showing the team how upset he was this time.

Finally, in the middle of this past week the two finally connected. Sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade but McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization it appeared the team's head coach had cooled Favre's anger and by the end of the conversation admitted he didn't want to go elsewhere. However, at the same time he has told friends on other teams as well how frustrated he is with the organization's inability to land the former Pro Bowl wideout and that he, in fact, wanted out.

Several calls this morning to McCarthy and Thompson by FOXSports.com have not yet been returned.

On Saturday, Favre railed against the team in an interview with his local Biloxi Sun Herald.

"I just want to win; maybe I see things the wrong way," Favre said in the exclusive interview. "I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. Sometimes I think it's hard for them to let Brett go. They might think that we pay him a lot of money, but he still gives us the best chance to win. I've never been told that, but there are times when I wonder if I'm the odd man out here and they just don't know how to tell me.

"Our offense struggled last season. If it were not for our defense, we would not have won eight games. Right now, it's hard to be optimistic. I'm not getting any younger and I think everyone knows that. I don't have five years to rebuild. No one in Green Bay is saying rebuild but it's hard to look at where we are going and say, 'How can they not be rebuilding?'

"I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win."

At this point the Packers are primed to head into serious damage control to prevent any further uproar regarding their most prized name. However, too much damage may already have been done by his bizarre trade request.

Despite Favre's trade request and rant to the Biloxi Sun, the team has no intention of parting ways with him. In fact, some within the organization claim that McCarthy honestly believes they can win with the long-time vet at the helm and has repeatedly told him as such.

Thus, they are hoping that Favre simply needed to vent for a while before jumping back on board.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 11:08 AM
This is some shit. I HATE TED THOMPSON!!!

Brainerd
05-13-2007, 11:10 AM
This explains the golf tournament comments.

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Cry baby!!!!! What a piece of crap Brett is!!!! Great leadership Brett!! I say we trade him to the Boys.

packers11
05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Cry baby!!!!! What a piece of crap Brett is!!!! Great leadership Brett!! I say we trade him to the Boys.

Are you serious??? I'm with Brett on this one... GB FUCKED UP BIG TIME...

Brainerd
05-13-2007, 11:14 AM

Didn't most everyone hate on Walker when he asked to be traded?

Rastak
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Didn't most everyone hate on Walker when he asked to be traded?

Good point. Actually, when a Packer demands a trade almost everyone immediately dumps on him....I don't think that will be the case here....although he is taking a beating in the other thread.....

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Brett was the one dumping on Walker. Walker dispised Brett after that.

pbmax
05-13-2007, 11:19 AM
You're telling me your support for the Packers is based on a decision Randy Moss made?

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Moss is playig with a better QB and a better team. HE WANTS A CHAMPIONSHIP, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!

packers11
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
You're telling me your support for the Packers is based on a decision Randy Moss made?

No ... My support for the Packers is the decision to help Favre and the offense out...

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 11:23 AM
pACKERS ARE BIGGER THAN ANY ONE PLAYER, PLEASE REMEMBER

pbmax
05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
And so if the offense sputters next season you will root for the Patriots becuase Randy would have saved us the trouble of struggling?

Or will you root for the team Favre gets traded to?

No ... My support for the Packers is the decision to help Favre and the offense out...

Rastak
I wonder what Green bay could even get for a guy his age? Dallas might overpay. That would be a good deal for Green Bay but an unmittigated disaster public relations wise.

packers11
pACKERS ARE BIGGER THAN ANY ONE PLAYER, PLEASE REMEMBER

yes but helping that one player out that has been there for 17 years shows a little respect towards the players... T.T. needs to show Favre that he still wants him to play, HE GIVES US THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN...

Brando19
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
What if the Packers make a move to get Keyshawn or Jerry Porter? Are there any players out there the Pack could get that you guys think could help Favre make a decision to stay (besides hanging TT)?

packers11
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
What if the Packers make a move to get Keyshawn or Jerry Porter? Are there any players out there the Pack could get that you guys think could help Favre make a decision to stay (besides hanging TT)?

HAHA ... I think the last choice would work :lol: :wink:

Brando19
05-13-2007, 11:30 AM
KFFL has an article that has eased my mind a LITTLE bit:

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, phoned general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade, according to several team and league sources. The sources said Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out. Head coach Mike McCarthy tried phoning Favre, but the quarterback ignored all off his calls for a week. The two finally connected in the middle of this past week, and sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade. McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization he had cooled Favre's anger. By the end of the conversation, Favre admitted he did not want to go elsewhere. However, Favre has told friends on other teams he is frustrated with the organization's failure to acquire WR Randy Moss, who was traded to the New England Patriots.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 11:33 AM
.................. (besides hanging TT)?

Told ya. It's a lynch mob mentality out there, and Favre just pandered to it - trying to preserve his good guy legacy.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm a little surprised people are defending this behavior. If any other player threatened to take their ball and go home because of some personnell move that didn't go down, most of us would speak out against the player. I guess there's a double standard. Right and wrong isn't right and wrong if Brett's involved.

cpk1994
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
And so if the offense sputters next season you will root for the Patriots becuase Randy would have saved us the trouble of struggling?

Or will you root for the team Favre gets traded to?

Since Favre won't be traded he'll still root for the packers.

ITs amazing all these people that defend Brett on this one. The team is called the Green Bay Packers, not the Brett Favre Packers.. TT owes Favre nothing. TT will build the team they way he feels best. He is not in the business of making moves to make fans happy or a certain player. I sorry but Favre is an absolute moron on this one.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm a little surprised people are defending this behavior. If any other player threatened to take their ball and go home because of some personnell move that didn't go down, most of us would speak out against the player. I guess there's a double standard. Right and wrong isn't right and wrong if Brett's involved.

Yeah, but 17 years with no favors/big help might get old. I think it's crappy Favre is doing this out in the public because he needs to take his fans into consideration (it's going to ruin there day, week, or however long this takes to get resolved), but can you blame the guy for being frustrated? Our defense is playing at a Playoff calibre...but our offense is absolutely terrible! We need a RB...we need WR's, we need a TE. I wish we could trade for Larry Johnson!

GoPackGo
05-13-2007, 11:45 AM
I won't believe this until my ears hear Brett admit asking for a trade or being frustrated with Ted Thompson. The last thing I heard Brett say is that he likes the young guys and that he thinks the team has alot of talent.

Loudmouth malcontent receivers don't win championships. Great defense, Solid QB play, and an excellent running game do. Brett knows that.

Rastak
05-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Glazer seems to have expanded his article:

Several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com that Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade. The sources said that Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.

The shocking request appeared directly related to the team's inability to trade for WR Randy Moss.

The news was then relayed to head coach Mike McCarthy, who immediately phoned the Super Bowl winning quarterback to squash his anger. However, the quarterback ignored all his calls for a week, perhaps showing the team how upset he was this time.

Finally, in the middle of this past week the two finally connected. Sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade but McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization it appeared the team's head coach had cooled Favre's anger and by the end of the conversation admitted he didn't want to go elsewhere. However, at the same time he has told friends on other teams as well how frustrated he is with the organization's inability to land the former Pro Bowl wideout and that he, in fact, wanted out.

Several calls this morning to McCarthy and Thompson by FOXSports.com have not yet been returned.

On Saturday, Favre railed against the team in an interview with his local Biloxi Sun Herald.

"I just want to win; maybe I see things the wrong way," Favre said in the exclusive interview. "I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. Sometimes I think it's hard for them to let Brett go. They might think that we pay him a lot of money, but he still gives us the best chance to win. I've never been told that, but there are times when I wonder if I'm the odd man out here and they just don't know how to tell me.

"Our offense struggled last season. If it were not for our defense, we would not have won eight games. Right now, it's hard to be optimistic. I'm not getting any younger and I think everyone knows that. I don't have five years to rebuild. No one in Green Bay is saying rebuild but it's hard to look at where we are going and say, 'How can they not be rebuilding?'

"I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win."

At this point the Packers are primed to head into serious damage control to prevent any further uproar regarding their most prized name. However, too much damage may already have been done by his bizarre trade request.

Despite Favre's trade request and rant to the Biloxi Sun, the team has no intention of parting ways with him. In fact, some within the organization claim that McCarthy honestly believes they can win with the long-time vet at the helm and has repeatedly told him as such.

Thus, they are hoping that Favre simply needed to vent for a while before jumping back on board.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 11:51 AM

You know Scott, you'd be right if this hasn't been happening for the past 3 years.....the not doing much for the offense stuff.

This also sounds like conversations that should never been have been made public. Don't question Favre about his ethics when in all probability TT is the one that could have 'leaked' this. Sure takes the heat off him and on to Favre.

cpk1994
05-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I won't believe this until my ears hear Brett admit asking for a trade or being frustrated with Ted Thompson. The last thing I heard Brett say is that he likes the young guys and that he thinks the team has alot of talent.

Loudmouth malcontent receivers don't win championships. Great defense, Solid QB play, and an excellent running game do. Brett knows that.

Amen. Additonaly, there is one man at the crux of this report and he is Bus Cook. If Bus indeed contacted TT, you wonder how much of what was said by Bus was said by Brett and what was pure BS. I lean toward a lot of BS from Bus.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Glazer seems to have expanded his article:

Several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com that Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade. The sources said that Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.

I've said this along, TT doesn't want to be the one that tells Favre it's over.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 11:54 AM
Don't question Favre about his ethics when
in all probability TT is the one that could have 'leaked' this.

Yikes, another conspiracy theory.

HarveyWallbangers
05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm sure Brett was pissed because he really wanted Moss, he phoned him for weeks, he knew he could be had for cheap, Thompson kind of strung him along by showing interest, and then wouldn't even offer a 4th round pick for a guy that Favre thinks could help him contend for a championship. Favre never said publicly he wanted a trade--although I'm sure he let the team know that he was pissed. McCarthy seems to have squashed the trade request. Overblown. This isn't the usual case of a player wanting out because of money. Put yourself in Brett's shows. It would be tough. He REALLY likes Moss. Thought he was the difference between maybe making the playoffs and maybe contending for one last Super Bowl run. He went out of his way to recruit him. Then, they lost him because Thompson offered only a 5th--instead of a 4th. I'd probably be pissed too. Favre sometimes goes a little overboard, but I'm betting that once he sees Jones and Clowney, he'll tell everybody how great those guys are and how this will be the best receiving corps he's ever thrown to.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 11:58 AM
"I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. " Brett

I certainly believe the second part of that statement, but who could honestly believe the first part?

How can you possibly go to the press and lambast your GM and not expect to ruffle some feathers?

PackerBlues
05-13-2007, 11:59 AM

Your suprised people are defending Brett Favre? Where in the hell have you been the last 17 years and what team have you been watching?

What suprises me is how far people will go to defend Thompson with little or no real arguement.

Again, I ask all of you : What has Thompson done to improve our offense in the 3 years he has been at the helm?

Do not tell me about how he has improved the offensive line through the draft, because anyone can easily argue that some of our O-linemen simply have their starting jobs by default.

Aaron Rogers is the only Offensive player TT has taken in the first round. Big help that was.

Not one decent free agent picked up by Thompson to improve our offense. You hacks keep saying that if the guy doesnt fit our system, then we should not sign him. But golly gee.......isnt that why we have a coaching staff? Or do you think that M3 isnt a good enough coach to teach a free agent veteran our "system"?

You can look at what NE did for Brady. Thats simple enough, but how about what the Colts have done to keep their offense competitive?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=602430

Indianapolis president Bill Polian and Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson run the NFL draft for their respective teams. But how the two men treat their franchise quarterbacks is like night and day. Polian has consistently given Peyton Manning one toy after another. The differences in approach is one reason the Colts are the defending Super Bowl champions, while Green Bay is 12-20 in the past two seasons.

Consider, when the Colts lost franchise running back Edgerrin James in free agency two years ago, Polian used his first-round draft choice on running back Joseph Addai. When Green Bay lost Ahman Green this off-season, Thompson used his first-round pick on a defensive tackle.

Since 2003, Polian has also selected tight end Dallas Clark - a blossoming player - and wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez in Round 1. Polian's intent was to provide Manning with all the necessary weapons to keep the Colts' offense near the top of the NFL.

Thompson, meanwhile, has orchestrated three drafts in Green Bay and reserve quarterback Aaron Rodgers is the only offensive player he's taken in the first round. In addition, Thompson traded away wide receiver Javon Walker - arguably the most gifted receiver Favre ever had - on the first day of the 2006 draft.

Now, when the 2007 season begins, the biggest question surrounding the Packers is how will they score points?

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Moss is playig with a better QB and a better team. HE WANTS A CHAMPIONSHIP, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!

I agree.

mmmdk
05-13-2007, 12:02 PM
KFFL
Packers | Favre asked to be traded before the draft
Sun, 13 May 2007 09:08:18 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre's agent, Bus Cook, phoned general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade, according to several team and league sources. The sources said Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out. Head coach Mike McCarthy tried phoning Favre, but the quarterback ignored all off his calls for a week. The two finally connected in the middle of this past week, and sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade. McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization he had cooled Favre's anger. By the end of the conversation, Favre admitted he did not want to go elsewhere. However, Favre has told friends on other teams he is frustrated with the organization's failure to acquire WR Randy Moss, who was traded to the New England Patriots.

Favre has cooled of. Favre will either retire or play for the Packers. I believe that much is certain.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Everyone in the media has been saying Moss wanted to win the SB and play with the greatest QB. That must feel like a slap in the face to Favre who seems unable to concied that he is no longer the guy everyone wants to play with.

This reaks of damage control on Favre's ego.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 12:03 PM
Where in the hell have you been the last 17 years and what team have you been watching?

I've been in Antarctica for the last 17 years filming a PBS documtary on Penguin reproduction.

Did I miss anything?

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Favre has cooled of. Favre will either retire or play for the Packers. I believe that much is certain.

I believe this. Favre accomplished 2 things with his pouting.

1. He has an excuse if he doesn't perform
2. He made it clear that Randy would have liked to have played with him just as much as Tom Brady *His ego wouldn't allow people to think that publicly*

Brando19
05-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Where in the hell have you been the last 17 years and what team have you been watching?

I've been in Antarctica for the last 17 years filming a PBS documtary on Penguin reproduction.

Did I miss anything?

Yes...Ted Thompson shot the Packers organization to hell.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 12:08 PM

So what the hell happened to Lindy Infante?

Brando19
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM

So what the hell happened to Lindy Infante?

36-60 record with an 0-1 record in the Playoffs. I believe TT wants to hire him as head coach if McCarthy doesn't work out.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm sure Brett was pissed because he really wanted Moss, he phoned him for weeks, he knew he could be had for cheap, Thompson kind of strung him along by showing interest, and then wouldn't even offer a 4th round pick for a guy that Favre thinks could help him contend for a championship. Favre never said publicly he wanted a trade--although I'm sure he let the team know that he was pissed. McCarthy seems to have squashed the trade request. Overblown. This isn't the usual case of a player wanting out because of money. Put yourself in Brett's shows. It would be tough. He REALLY likes Moss. Thought he was the difference between maybe making the playoffs and maybe contending for one last Super Bowl run. He went out of his way to recruit him. Then, they lost him because Thompson offered only a 5th--instead of a 4th. I'd probably be pissed too. Favre sometimes goes a little overboard, but I'm betting that once he sees Jones and Clowney, he'll tell everybody how great those guys are and how this will be the best receiving corps he's ever thrown to.

Great Post Harvey; 4th rounder; most teams would wipe their ass with a fourth rounder. Last year it brought us Cory Rodgers :lol:

pbmax
05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
We need to get our stories straight about what T2 did and did not do. Harvey is claiming Thompson didn't offer a fourth. That rumor made it into the paper. The rumors for weeks were thatthe Packers were offering EXACTLY a fourth.

Silverstein has the Packers with no chance to counter the Patriots offer after they upgraded the contract and pick.

Then Packers wanted to do a two year deal. Then Favre says Moss wanted his GB money guaranteed.

Everyone, including Harvey, thinks Thompson got played. I think it looks like Favre got played, used as a stalking horse to up the Patriots offer.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Everyone in the media has been saying Moss wanted to win the SB and play with the greatest QB. That must feel like a slap in the face to Favre who seems unable to concied that he is no longer the guy everyone wants to play with.

Funny that you keep spinning Ted Thompson's failure to land Moss back to Favre.

Thompson offered a 5th
New England offered a 4th

Right or wrong it's that simple.

All of the rest of the Moss this and Moss that came about after the trade was made. If TT had the stones to get the deal done, we'd be hearing stories of how Moss always wanted to play in.....with........yadayadayada

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Everyone, including Harvey, thinks Thompson got played. I think it looks like Favre got played, used as a stalking horse to up the Patriots offer.

Wow. That is an interesting angle on this. Clever and effective.

pbmax
And if Harvey is right, why did Favre say it was the three million in guarantees that caused the deal to fall through?

If Favre's knowledge of the deal is that detailed, I think he can discriminate between a fourth round pick and a three million dollar guarantee.

falco

Bretsky, I'm not disagreeing with you, but I've seen so many conflicting stories about what was offered, or what happened, etc, that I think its unfair to say "its that simple" at this point.

pbmax
05-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Bretsky, Favre himself, who is closer to the situation than you, me, Silverstein or Glazer said it was the contract.

Why do you believe rumors when your QB says its the contract? :lol:

Thompson offered a 5th

All of the rest of the Moss this and Moss that came about after the trade was made. If TT had the stones to get the deal done, we'd be hearing stories of how Moss always wanted to play in.....with........yadayadayada

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Bretsky, Favre himself, who is closer to the situation than you, me, Silverstein or Glazer said it was the contract.

Thompson offered a 5th

Maybe I misread something, but I read that TT only offered a 5th and then NE swooped in with a better offer ??

cpk1994
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM

Your suprised people are defending Brett Favre? Where in the hell have you been the last 17 years and what team have you been watching?

What suprises me is how far people will go to defend Thompson with little or no real arguement.

Again, I ask all of you : What has Thompson done to improve our offense in the 3 years he has been at the helm?

Do not tell me about how he has improved the offensive line through the draft, because anyone can easily argue that some of our O-linemen simply have their starting jobs by default.

Aaron Rogers is the only Offensive player TT has taken in the first round. Big help that was.

Not one decent free agent picked up by Thompson to improve our offense. You hacks keep saying that if the guy doesnt fit our system, then we should not sign him. But golly gee.......isnt that why we have a coaching staff? Or do you think that M3 isnt a good enough coach to teach a free agent veteran our "system"?

You can look at what NE did for Brady. Thats simple enough, but how about what the Colts have done to keep their offense competitive?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=602430

Indianapolis president Bill Polian and Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson run the NFL draft for their respective teams. But how the two men treat their franchise quarterbacks is like night and day. Polian has consistently given Peyton Manning one toy after another. The differences in approach is one reason the Colts are the defending Super Bowl champions, while Green Bay is 12-20 in the past two seasons.

Consider, when the Colts lost franchise running back Edgerrin James in free agency two years ago, Polian used his first-round draft choice on running back Joseph Addai. When Green Bay lost Ahman Green this off-season, Thompson used his first-round pick on a defensive tackle.

Since 2003, Polian has also selected tight end Dallas Clark - a blossoming player - and wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez in Round 1. Polian's intent was to provide Manning with all the necessary weapons to keep the Colts' offense near the top of the NFL.

Thompson, meanwhile, has orchestrated three drafts in Green Bay and reserve quarterback Aaron Rodgers is the only offensive player he's taken in the first round. In addition, Thompson traded away wide receiver Javon Walker - arguably the most gifted receiver Favre ever had - on the first day of the 2006 draft.

Now, when the 2007 season begins, the biggest question surrounding the Packers is how will they score points?

I know what what I have seen for 17 years. And just because he will be enshrined in the HOF doesn't give him permission to throw a temper tantrum and act like an unprofessional jerk.

You want to bash TT because he didn't take offensive skill players in the first round? How many did Ron Wolf take and give to Favre? That would be just Bubba Franks. How many did Mike Sherman take? Javon Walker. Two offensive skill players in 14 years previous to TT! As a matter of fact Wolf was horrid with his first round picks and most of his big finds were in rounds 3 to 5. You can improve your offense without the first round thank you very much.

What did TT do to improve the offense? I will say the OL because they have filled holes even if they did get their jobs by default. They are defintely an improve over what they replaced: a broken down Flanagan and a couple of never would bes Wittacker and Klemm. I also think that Jennings will be a very good WR, and Jackson and be a very fine addition as a RB.

As for Walker, that one has beaten to death so no need to go over that one yet again.

It's obvious that you never like TT and will use Lord Favre to get your point across And god forbid anybody criticize your saint for the crybaby he is. I didn't think it was possible for Favre to make my opinion of him even lower than last year at this time, but he has managed to do so.

pbmax
05-13-2007, 12:28 PM

"It is disappointing," Favre said. "It was a done deal and the stories of how we lost him because he didn't want to restructure his contract were not true.

"He was going to wipe his contract clean and sign for $3 million guaranteed, plus a fourth-round draft pick. That would have been a steal. But we were not willing to guarantee part of that $3 million. I even had (agent) Bus (Cook) call up there and tell them I would give up part of my salary to guarantee that part of the money. Apparently that wasn't enough either."

Thompson offered a 5th

Maybe I misread something, but I read that TT only offered a 5th and then NE swooped in with a better offer ??

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:30 PM
On the night before the draft, the Packers thought they had a deal with the Raiders for a fifth-round pick, but New England stepped in and began making a strong pitch for Moss. Quarterback Tom Brady reportedly spent hours on the phone recruiting Moss, who eventually agreed to a one-year contract with the Patriots.---JS

Brando19
05-13-2007, 12:46 PM
From PFT:

At a time when all NFL eyes were watching the drama that was unfolding between the Eagles and quarterback Donovan McNabb, a full-blown crisis was quietly playing out in another NFC town.

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre asked to be traded in the days after the 2007 draft.

Per Glazer, agent Bus Cook called G.M. Ted Thompson two or three days after the draft and said that Favre is fed up with the organization and wants out. Coach Mike McCarthy immediately began trying to reach Favre by phone, but Favre ignored his calls for a week.

When the two men finally spoke, McCarthy apparently calmed Favre's fury to the point that Favre admitted he didn't want to play elsewhere. But given Favre's recent comments to the Biloxi Sun Herald, about which we wrote earlier on Sunday, it appears that Brett still has a bug buried in his butt.

This latest development meshes with rumors floated on Favre's official web site by a message board administrator. (Scroll down for more.) It also seems that confirm what many league insiders have long believed -- that Favre doesn't care much for G.M. Ted Thompson, who has done little if anything to upgrade the veteran talent on the team over the past three years.

Glazer says that the Packers have no plans to trade Favre, whose contract (per NFLPA records) runs through 2010 and pays him a base salary of $11 million this year. But why would they want him if he doesn't want to be there? And if they won't trade him, maybe he'll just call it quits and let them try to win with (gulp) Aaron Rodgers.

In our view, this one is far from over. And we have a feeling that either Favre or Thompson won't be with the team when the 2007 season begins.

falco
05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I was actually excited to get Moss simply because I thought it would make the team interesting to watch this year. I couldn't say one way or the other if he would be able to contribute or not.

Now it seems like NOT getting Moss is going to make for a much more interesting year...

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:53 PM
In our view, this one is far from over. And we have a feeling that either Favre or Thompson won't be with the team when the 2007 season begins.

I don't buy this for a second.

The Snappers on a solid lili pad on a pond without waves so he's not falling off.

And at this point I doubt he moved Favre either.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I was actually excited to get Moss simply because I thought it would make the team interesting to watch this year. I couldn't say one way or the other if he would be able to contribute or not.

Now it seems like NOT getting Moss is going to make for a much more interesting year...

and by interesting you mean....hair pulling, nerve racking, hoping nothing terrible happens such as the Pack trading Favre and starting Rodgers year?

falco
05-13-2007, 12:56 PM

and by interesting you mean....hair pulling, nerve racking, hoping nothing terrible happens such as the Pack trading Favre and starting Rodgers year?

I suppose there are different types of "interesting"; some that are good, others...well, not so much.

rbaloha1
05-13-2007, 12:57 PM
TT is rebuilding the Pack due to Sherman's moronic drafting (ie Donnel Washington, Ahmad Carroll, Joey Thomas, BJ Sander, James Lee, etc.) and personnel moves (remember Terry Glenn for a 7th round pick, Joe Johnson, Cleditius Hunt, R-Kal Truluck, etc.).

So far, Ted drafts has brought solid football players akin to the Seahawks. Free agency resulted in Charles Woodson albeit probably more busts (ie Klemm, O'Dwyer, Taylor, Allen, Maynard) Trading and pickups resulted in Morency and Robinson.

On balance, imo, TT has done a wonderful job positioning the Packers for the super bowl. However the failure to procure Moss may be significant.

Ron Wolf made bold moves for Brett Favre, Keith Jackson, Reggie White, Sean Jones, Santana Dotson, Andre Rison, Don Bebee, Eugene Robinson, Bruce Wilkerson and Ron Cox which resulted in playoff and super bowl teams.

TT overly anal approach to the draft cost us Moss. RW says big deal if you over pay for a player that can help your team immediately. IMO Moss is the type of player (ie Reggie White, Keith Jackson, Andre Rison) that places the Packers in the super bowl hunt.

Only time will tell -- if we win the super bowl -- all is forgotten. Failure to reach or proceed deep into the playoffs means a critical analysis of TT's personnel decisions.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:59 PM
TT is rebuilding the Pack due to Sherman's moronic drafting (ie Donnel Washington, Ahmad Carroll, Joey Thomas, BJ Sander, James Lee, etc.) and personnel moves (remember Terry Glenn for a 7th round pick, Joe Johnson, Cleditius Hunt, R-Kal Truluck, etc.).

So far, Ted drafts has brought solid football players akin to the Seahawks. Free agency resulted in Charles Woodson albeit probably more busts (ie Klemm, O'Dwyer, Taylor, Allen, Maynard) Trading and pickups resulted in Morency and Robinson.

On balance, imo, TT has done a wonderful job positioning the Packers for the super bowl. However the failure to procure Moss may be significant.

Ron Wolf made bold moves for Brett Favre, Keith Jackson, Reggie White, Sean Jones, Santana Dotson, Andre Rison, Don Bebee, Eugene Robinson, Bruce Wilkerson and Ron Cox which resulted in playoff and super bowl teams.

TT overly anal approach to the draft cost us Moss. RW says big deal if you over pay for a player that can help your team immediately. IMO Moss is the type of player (ie Reggie White, Keith Jackson, Andre Rison) that places the Packers in the super bowl hunt.

Only time will tell -- if we win the super bowl -- all is forgotten. Failure to reach or proceed deep into the playoffs means a critical analysis of TT's personnel decisions.

great post

falco
05-13-2007, 01:00 PM

You're exactly right. If Moss puts up huge numbers and the Pats take another one home, it may be the beginning of the end for TT. If Moss pulls his same ol crap, TT will have been proven right. But no one will know until the end of the year.

And what do you think TT will get more of? Praise if he is right, or criticism if he is wrong?

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 01:01 PM

''I won't believe this until my ears hear Brett admit asking for a trade or being frustrated with Ted Thompson. The last thing I heard Brett say is that he likes the young guys and that he thinks the team has alot of talent.'' fr.above

This is where I am on this latest rumpr.

I certainly can understand if Favre is pissed though.He wants to win and as a Packer fan so do I.

packers11
05-13-2007, 01:07 PM
You're exactly right. If Moss puts up huge numbers and the Pats take another one home, it may be the beginning of the end for TT. If Moss pulls his same ol crap, TT will have been proven right. But no one will know until the end of the year.

And what do you think TT will get more of? Praise if he is right, or criticism if he is wrong?

Your exactly right... If Moss goes and has another stellar year, I think T.T. will panic... This panic might make him overpay for MOSS (next year when he is a FA) or overpay for someone else... Maybe T.T. won't get the chance, because he will be gone... This year will be very interesting, T.T's fate is on Moss's stats now...

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 01:15 PM

''I won't believe this until my ears hear Brett admit asking for a trade or being frustrated with Ted Thompson. The last thing I heard Brett say is that he likes the young guys and that he thinks the team has alot of talent.'' fr.above

This is where I am on this latest rumpr.

I certainly can understand if Favre is pissed though.He wants to win and as a Packer fan so do I.

Woody,

How's ya stay out of all these goodies ? If it was truly money only and Favre offered to give TT the difference from his salary, then TT gets a special place on my dart board; he's the whole board :lol:

I still think we don't have Moss because TT has too great of a lovefest with his draft picks and would not give up a 4th.

Either way the Polar Bear Express still lives

Cheers,
B

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Great Post Harvey; 4th rounder; most teams would wipe their ass with a fourth rounder. Last year it brought us Cory Rodgers :lol:

''Then, they lost him because Thompson offered only a 5th--instead of a 4th.'' fr. HW's post

Can that be verified?

If it can. Then there is certainly an argument that TT low balled Oakland.

but after that. . . there will be the argument that Moss would only approve of a trade to the Pat's. The Brady over Favre stuff.

Can we as a board assemble the facts on this matter?

GO PACKERS !!

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 01:28 PM

This is where I am on this latest rumor.

Woody,

How's ya stay out of all these goodies ? If it was truly money only and Favre offered to give TT the difference from his salary, then TT gets a special place on my dart board; he's the whole board :lol:

I still think we don't have Moss because TT has too great of a lovefest with his draft picks and would not give up a 4th.

Either way the Polar Bear Express still lives

Cheers,
B

I just want. . . ' just the facts mame '. :)

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 01:49 PM

What we have to try to determine here is whether or not TT was merely postering to acquire Randy Moss or really wanted him.

Just offering a 5th clearly indicates that TT had some interest in acquiring Randy Moss. How Moss performs in 2007 isn't releveent to this issue. Let's not shove the issue aside on a wait and see how Randy performs junket.

It was obviously important to Favre that TT made a sound effort to trade for Moss. It certainly appears that Favre was willing to restructure to assist in the financial aspect of acquiring Randy Moss. Favre demonstrates personal committment there if that's true.

Did Randy Moss have the power in his contract to veto any trades unless that trade was to a team of his choice? That fact would arguably trump all others as to why Randy Moss is a Pat.

or

If TT only offer'd a 5th Vs the Pats early 4th and thought that would do it until BANG. . .Moss is gone. Casts badly on TT to not ask Al Davis (Oakland) for the final offer.

Then there is the timing factor.

We need to determine the facts.

To say that Brett Favre was clearly aware of it all is determined in the name Bus Cook. Favre had (slash) has his finger on the pulse of the Randy Moss to Green Bay rumor. That has to be clear to most of us.

pbmax
05-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Woodbuck, Moss did not have a contractual lever to force the Raiders to trade him to the team of his choice.

But it was clear that no team, including the Raiders, wanted him at the current salary.

So that meant the Raiders HAD to trade and Moss HAD to agree to a new contract.

Which means each had the power to veto any trade. But it was in each other's interest to cooperate.

BENZITO
05-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I really think favre is out of line here. There are so many factors that pay into if the season is going to be a success or a failure. And in mid may nobody can tell who is going to win the superbowl this year. New England sure looks to be the favorite, but i dont believe that a team will be able to buy a championship so it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. If money could buy championships i think the redskins would have won the last 3 out of 5. But they have only made the playoffs once. This is a very young team that went 8-8 last year. What have we lost this offseason, an aging running back? What have we gained. Possibly a new Green, a couple WR to give us depth (not moss but i dont believe he wanted to be here anyways). Depth the the DL, and defense all together. With a good DL and LBs you will win games with just an average offense. Just look at the bears,BAL, pats when they were winning SBs. The best offense in the leauge from 2004-05 were the colts, no superbowl. Chargers last year, no superbowl. Lets keep building the defense, while slightly improving the offense (which i think we did this offeason) and mainly lets start judging how the team looks come august/september when we actually know who is starting and have seen them actually play.

Chester Marcol
05-13-2007, 03:07 PM

You counter yourself within your own statement. Moss wants to win a super bowl but yet it's Favre no one wants to play with any longer. Here's a shocker for you. If the Packers were a better team who was on the verge of a super bowl, Moss would have made that same statement about our beloved Pack.

The only reason Favre has no weight is because of the team he plays on. Pure and simple. Welcome back to Syberia.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 03:14 PM

No, that's what you wanted to hear.

packers11
05-13-2007, 03:16 PM

NE offered a 4th, Pack offered a 5th... Its everywhere... Its not what he wanted to hear...

Chester Marcol
05-13-2007, 03:31 PM
We can argue the Moss deal until after we finish this season and then debate if he would have helped or hurt us by his performance with the Pats. I think the Moss deal was just the final straw for Favre. I'm sure TT and M3 both have talked to Favre about the intentions of improving the team. Maybe Favre is just tired of hearing he is going to get help and then this stuff happens time and time again. Maybe TT cried wolf one to many times.

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 03:39 PM
POSTED 4:21 p.m. EDT, May 13, 2007

PACKERS SCRAMBLE TO DOUSE FLAMING FANS

At a time when wildfires have been raging in several corners of the nation, there's a conflagration that currently is consuming Packer nation.

And the front office knows it.

Why else would the team put out an "all is well" press release on Mother's Day?

"We are optimistic about the 2007 season," Thompson said in the team-issued Sunday statement. "We feel like we've had a great offseason program -- our guys are getting bigger and stronger -- and we'll improve from within. We're also excited about the players we've added through the draft and what those players will bring to our team."

Thompson also addressed the recent comments of quarterback Brett Favre, who expressed dissatisfaction about the team's failure to land Randy Moss.

"I think it's natural for a player to be frustrated from time to time -- that's simply being human," said Thompson. "Everyone knows that Brett Favre is all about winning. As an organization, we share that commitment. And we want to win now."

And Thompson provided a carefully-crafted non-answer to the question of whether, as Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reported earlier in the day, Favre has asked for a trade.

"We never comment on the talks we have with our players or with their agents, in line with the long-standing policy of our organization. We try to encourage open and honest dialogue with players and their agents. But if those talks later are shared with third parties, the willingness of players to be open in future conversations may be compromised."

Possible translation: "Yes, but because Brett currently has a literal and figurative hold on the nutsack of the front office, we don't want to take any chances that he might decide to squeeze even harder than he already has."

In our view, this Mother's Day missive is a desperate act from an organization that is facing a revolt from its fan base. And we're even more convinced that either Favre or Thompson will be not with the team come September. Given that the franchise is publicly owned, we wouldn't be surprised if someone were to file a shareholder's action aimed at forcing the team to have the same kind of accountability that would exist if there was a real owner calling the shots.

For his part, Favre is trying to help put out the fire. The post on his official site regarding rumors of Favre wanting a trade, which were confirmed by board administrator "DavidPHX," has been deleted. And DavidPHX has posted the following message: "Brett has asked that we all tone down the articles and any dislikes for management. He does not want his site to fuel rumors. Ted Thompson is his boss and we need to tone everything down. I believe the situation is over with. Brett vented said what he wanted and I believe management has heard. Brett loves the Green Bay Packers and has always felt we have the best fans in the WORLD . I expect Brett to return as the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers on September 9. Go Packers!"

Still, Favre is the one who has started this mess, both by privately asking to be traded and by publicly making his displeasure known. It's a storm of unprecedented proportion for the Packers, and we don't think the situation is going to get better any time soon. The only person to benefit from this brouhaha might be receiver Keyshawn Johnson, who could end up getting a lucrative offer to join the team in light of the fact that he's the only potential impact player who is on the market right now.

pft.com

mraynrand
05-13-2007, 03:40 PM
This whole thing reeks.

1) The price for Moss was so low that it's hard to believe that money or draft picks made the difference

2) Why do Packer fans want this shit stain on their team in the first place?

3) If Favre is pulling the 'I want to be traded' bullshit (IF) then he can go rot too - UNLESS TT is playing some left-handed game of trying to get rid of Favre.

I prefer the simple story. TT is building his team his way. He offered what he thought Moss was worth. Moss went to greener pastures (better chance at a Superbowl. Favre is throwing a temper tantrum.

Face facts. Favre is nowhere as good as he used to be - not even as good as he was in 2004. Moss wouldn't have gotten GB anywhere near a Superbowl this year - and the chances were just as likely that he would have caused some off-field (or on-field) problem that was impossible to deal with.

I'm more inclined to think that TT NEVER wanted Moss and only pursed him to placate Favre. But how do I know what TT has in mind?

My final take is this: I think the Packers have a much better chance of getting further in the Playoffs due to the emergence of guys they already have on the squad. For example, the running game could come on like gangbusters; the run defense could be stifling, setting up lots of third and longs - getting the ball back with better field position and more offensive series per game. Special teams should be vastly improved with the depth they have. Moss may have given them a couple of TDs and a lot of headaches, but so what?

FAVRE SHOULD JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!

Lurker64
05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I think everyone, Ted Thompson, Brett Favre, Packer fans, Fox Sports, etc., should just go outside and enjoy the weather and think about something other than football for a couple of days. Then when heads have cooled, we can come back and discuss what did or didn't happen without making anything worse by doing so.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Nice post mraynrand. Very well said and grounded in common sense.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I think everyone, Ted Thompson, Brett Favre, Packer fans, Fox Sports, etc., should just go outside and enjoy the weather and think about something other than football for a couple of days. Then when heads have cooled, we can come back and discuss what did or didn't happen without making anything worse by doing so.

Not gonna happen :)

I did hit 9 holes today and went out to breakfast with my wife and son. This is drama that only the King of Drama Queens could scheme up and it's my team so I'm gonna be here more than I care to I think :)

digitaldean
05-13-2007, 06:59 PM
This whole thing reeks.

I'm more inclined to think that TT NEVER wanted Moss and only pursed him to placate Favre. But how do I know what TT has in mind?

My final take is this: I think the Packers have a much better chance of getting further in the Playoffs due to the emergence of guys they already have on the squad. For example, the running game could come on like gangbusters; the run defense could be stifling, setting up lots of third and longs - getting the ball back with better field position and more offensive series per game. Special teams should be vastly improved with the depth they have. Moss may have given them a couple of TDs and a lot of headaches, but so what?

I agree with your reasoning, but it seems a lot of ego stroking for nothing. Though Wolf made some bonehead draft picks, if he truly wanted a free agent he went out and got him.

This pussyfooting around with the Raiders and offering a 5th pick did make it seem like he wanted put on the appearance he tried to get Moss. (I personally wasn't in favor of getting Moss because of his past track record off the field. But that's not the point.) If you truly do want a player in a trade, then pull the trigger and get it done. If not, then don't play brinksmanship on it.

I understand Favre's frustrations because he will now have to deal with some rookie receivers and get timing down with them. He even stated he won't be here in 5 years.

I still think this team can do well, but it will need to win games with a 13-10 score instead of the 31-28 variety. Since this fire appears to be put out, let's just move forward.

The only thing we could hope for is someone coming available after the June 1 cuts. But I wouldn't bank on it.

One things for sure, if the Packers get off to a slow start. The proverbial mob will be closing in on 1265 to figuratively stretch a "turtleneck". (Sorry B, had to throw that one in there. :wink: )

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 08:44 PM

Do you need sources on this or will you ignore them as well because if you didn't read this then you are ignoring the articles

PackerBlues
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
There seems to be a select few here that ignore stats and references to actual articles that have been written and quoted. Instead they choose to make things up or read into what somebody says to try to get their warped point across. The most recent that comes to mind is the people that are quoting Favre as saying that he had no help on offense. I do not recall reading any such statement from Favre at all. He did say that the Packers could have gotten Moss for cheap. He said that in his opinion Moss would be a welcome addition. But he never once cut down anyone on the team. Favre said imagine a 3 wide reciever set with Driver, Moss, and Jennings. Imagine how hard it would be for any defense to defend against that. How in the hell anyone gets "Favre said his guys suck" out of that, I have no idea, but its the kind of backwards crap I am learning to expect from these guys that pay so little attention to what has actually been said, written, or quoted.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:08 PM
There seems to be a select few here that ignore stats and references to actual articles that have been written and quoted. Instead they choose to make things up or read into what somebody says to try to get their warped point across. The most recent that comes to mind is the people that are quoting Favre as saying that he had no help on offense. I do not recall reading any such statement from Favre at all. He did say that the Packers could have gotten Moss for cheap. He said that in his opinion Moss would be a welcome addition. But he never once cut down anyone on the team. Favre said imagine a 3 wide reciever set with Driver, Moss, and Jennings. Imagine how hard it would be for any defense to defend against that. How in the hell anyone gets "Favre said his guys suck" out of that, I have no idea, but its the kind of backwards crap I am learning to expect from these guys that pay so little attention to what has actually been said, written, or quoted.

For a rookie you're not bad. :wink:

pbmax
05-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Wrong on the facts PackerBlues. I can't speak for everyone here that doesn't agree with you, but I am fully aware of the articles saying the Packers offered a fifth and the Patriots then offered a fourth.

I also know, from other articles that the Packers wanted a two year contract.

I know (from Favre) that Moss demanded guaranteed money from the Pack but not the Patriots.

And Silverstein and Wilde had the Packers negotiating all day but not getting to make a counter offer after the Patriots offered the fourth.

And I know that all the first reports about the Packers interest in Moss had them originally offering a fourth.

So neither you, I, Bretsky, Favre or Silverstein have the complete picture.

Moss was bad idea for a fourth or a fifth, no matter the price IMHO.

But perhaps you should turn your mind to Favre's assertion about the guaranteed money. If Randy wanted it from the Pack but not the Patriots, doesn't that tell you he would have rather played for the Patriots?

That he's purely a mercenary?

Or that the Packers were a stalking horse all along?

PackerBlues
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM

For a rookie you're not bad. :wink:

Thanks, although I am a bit upset with myself and more than a little ashamed of myself for letting certain people get under my skin with their negative comments about Favre. It seems like I could post all the stats I can find, quote actual written articles and still wind up reading nonsense from guys that ignore all of it.
Very frustrating, and I am sorry.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Wrong on the facts PackerBlues. I can't speak for everyone here that doesn't agree with you, but I am fully aware of the articles saying the Packers offered a fifth and the Patriots then offered a fourth.

I know (from Favre) that Moss demanded guaranteed money from the Pack but not the Patriots.

And Silverstein and Wilde had the Packers negotiating all day but not getting to make a counter offer after the Patriots offered the fourth.

And I know that all the first reports about the Packers interest in Moss had them originally offering a fourth.

But perhaps you should turn your mind to Favre's assertion about the guaranteed money. If Randy wanted it from the Pack but not the Patriots, doesn't that tell you he would have rather played for the Patriots?

Quoting sources doesn't hold much credence anymore. I do believe there are alot of reporters out there that would absolutely sell their souls
for the money or the fifteen minutes'

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Quoting sources doesn't hold much credence anymore. I do believe there are alot of reporters out there that would absolutely sell their souls

You're absolutely correct. The media is nothing now. Boston Globe, ESPN, JSO, they're all tools to get attention. It's hard to know what to believe.

pbmax
05-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Perhaps, packinpatland. But until more verifiable and better information comes around, we work with what we have.

And I prefer people who stake a professional reputation on the line to the commentators who prefer to impugn motives, guess about "frantic" phone calls or otherwise attempt to read minds.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:29 PM
What's a professional reputation worth these days?

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:29 PM
What's a personal reputation worth these days?

Not much.

FritzDontBlitz
05-13-2007, 09:35 PM
so, if favre DOES end up being traded, will tt STILL insist he's not rebuilding?

this is starting to remind me of jerry krause and the chicago bulls at the end of the jordan era: same arrogant leadership mentality oozing out of the front office..... :shock:

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:37 PM
so, if favre DOES end up being traded, will tt STILL insist he's not rebuilding?

If you're a GM you never say you're rebuilding. It's called "planning for the future" or "surround ourselves with young talent." However, you never use the "r" word.

FritzDontBlitz
05-13-2007, 09:47 PM

If you're a GM you never say you're rebuilding. It's called "planning for the future" or "surround ourselves with young talent." However, you never use the "r" word.

i know. its called "lying." but, you could at least be honest with the players?

regardless of how this shakes out, this could have already derailed the season before it even starts. stuff like this tends to linger, ya know?

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 09:49 PM
iT IS CALLED gm SPEAK

pbmax
05-13-2007, 10:07 PM
A lot, unless you have given up and are getting highly paid to be a shill for one side or the other.

I don't think Glazer, Silverstein, Wilde or McGinn are in that financial territory yet.

What's a professional reputation worth these days?

pbmax
05-13-2007, 10:11 PM
You realize, its been hours since Woodbuck posted after asking for the available facts on the Moss trade negotiations.

He might come back with a 10,000 word post :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
05-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Not sure if this has been posted. Personally, I think it's been overblown. Just like everything Brett Favre. He has a big month and he's honest. No surprise that he was pissed.

A source close to Favre told the Press-Gazette on Sunday that Favre might have talked about wanting a trade shortly after the draft but has given no such indication recently. Favre finally spoke with coach Mike McCarthy in the last week or so, the first time the two had talked since the draft.

“He wouldn’t be doing these offseason workouts and all that (if he wanted a trade),” the source said. “He’s been busting his (butt). I don’t see him not playing for (the Packers). It wouldn’t surprise me if he told (Cook) or somebody that (he wanted a trade) - he was mad - but he wouldn’t be busting his (butt) like this.”

With that, I'm done talking about it.

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 10:13 PM
You realize, its been hours since Woodbuck posted after asking for the available facts on the Moss trade negotiations.

He might come back with a 10,000 word post :lol:

That or he couldn't take it anymore....

swede
05-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Sometimes, when I am really pissed off, I will say ridiculous things that I don't really mean.

I've been in sports news limbo for a couple of days and this thread is the first I've heard of the story of Favre's anger, disappointment, and talk of a trade.

I would say there remains a chance that Brett flat out retires.

If he gets to training camp and learns to like his new teammates and sees improvements on D and in the receiving and running corps he'll be back to good ol' Brett again.

However, I am afraid that the media frenzy is gonna wear him out and make him sick of football reporters and negative, speculative reporting before training camp even starts.

And should he retire early I'll put the responsibility square on him, not on the GM trying to build a long-term winner for the fans.