PDA

View Full Version : Will Brett Favre play for the Packers this season?

Brando19
05-13-2007, 11:14 AM
With the rumors that Favre asked to be traded, do you guys think it'll happen?

packers11
I hope :(

Rastak

I think he'll show up and play, then retire next year.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM

I hope you're right. I wouldn't even mind it that bad if he decided to retire NOW...as long as he doesn't go to a different team.

Rastak
05-13-2007, 11:18 AM

I hope you're right. I wouldn't even mind it that bad if he decided to retire NOW...as long as he doesn't go to a different team.

In the order of probability (just my opinion)

1) He plays for GB 70%
2) He retires now 20%
3) He is traded 10%

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 11:23 AM
i SAY 100% YES

mmmdk
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm a bit baffled but somewhat not overly surprised. Still, I think the damage is done. I think Favre should retire but I am troubled by even saying so. I won't badmouth Favre unless he demands a trade; Favre said he'd retire a Packer and that's the only thing I'd hold him up against. Heck, I'll undoubtedly forgive Favre shortly after.

Packers4ever It's a team sport and the history of the Packers are forever; Favre wrote some brilliant chapters.

Rastak
05-13-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm a bit baffled but somewhat not overly surprised. Still, I think the damage is done. I think Favre should retire but I am troubled by even saying so. I won't badmouth Favre unless he demands a trade; Favre said he'd retire a Packer and that's the only thing I'd hold him up against. Heck, I'll undoubtedly forgive Favre shortly after.

Packers4ever It's a team sport and the history of the Packers are forever; Favre wrote some brilliant chapters.

Per Jay Glazer, he has several sources who have told him he already has.
I seriously doubt he's going anywhere.

mmmdk
05-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I voted no as I believe Favre should retire instead. Damn, this could be a bad day in Packer history but team is above any player or coach (GM too).

Rastak
05-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I voted no as I believe Favre should retire instead. Damn, this could be a bad day in Packer history but team is above any player or coach (GM too).

It'll blow over but this almost has to be his last year.

cpk1994
05-13-2007, 11:48 AM
IF TT trades Favre, he will be fired almost immediately. He should have to submit to a drug test if he even enterains an offer.

mmmdk
05-13-2007, 11:53 AM

It'll blow over but this almost has to be his last year.

You're right, it migth and everything might even be good again but a tiny part of me wants to move on - even without Favre. Things can get emotional in the heat of the moment and hence less rational.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 12:10 PM
i SAY 100% YES

Yep, drama queen Brett strikes again...

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
BEFORE last year I said it would be in Brett Favre's best interest if the Snapper traded him because he wants to win now.

Nothing over last season or this offseason has changed my mind.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 12:23 PM
TT is not a good GM. He needs to get his head out of his ass during the offseason.

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Brando.

Your poll is confusing. The title of your post asks one question, and then your poll asks a completely different one. I answered YES thinking the poll question was "WILL HE PLAY FOR THE PACKERS." I guess I should have read it more closely but I dont think I am the only one. I highly doubt the majority of us believe that Favre will be traded.

packers11
05-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Brando.

Your poll is confusing. The title of your post asks one question, and then your poll asks a completely different one. I answered YES thinking the poll question was "WILL HE PLAY FOR THE PACKERS." I guess I should have read it more closely but I dont think I am the only one. I highly doubt the majority of us believe that Favre will be traded.

O shit... haha I voted for the wrong one... I thought it said "will he play for the packers this year" :oops:

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Me too. See Brando. HA HA. :lol:

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 01:56 PM
I certainly hope so.

I believe he'll suck it up again and be behind center Vs the Eagles.

]{ilr]3
05-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Anyone else think that this may be a fabricated soap opera created by the team and Favre to get favre to a team that has more "Win Now" potential. Everything that comes out from Favre to the Packers front office seems almost Orchestrated to the point that it will allow Favre the chance to get to anouther team like Mcnair did and still help the Packers save face by not cutting the biggest player in packers history!

Or should I just go back to reading the Catcher in the Rye and forming my next conspiracy theory ;)

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
{ilr]3]Anyone else think that this may be a fabricated soap opera created by the team and Favre to get favre to a team that has more "Win Now" potential. Everything that comes out from Favre to the Packers front office seems almost Orchestrated to the point that it will allow Favre the chance to get to anouther team like Mcnair did and still help the Packers save face by not cutting the biggest player in packers history!

Or should I just go back to reading the Catcher in the Rye and forming my next conspiracy theory ;)

Brett Favre has said over and over. That he doesn't want to go to another team at his age.

That he feels alot of devotion to the fans of the Green Bay Packers and wants to retire a Packer.

This off season has been so quiet that he may have changed his mind realizing his time is almost over.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Brando.

Sorry guys. I figured you'd read the question.... :(

The Shadow
05-13-2007, 03:51 PM
If he wants to play, great.
If he wants to quit, great.
The Green Bay Packers will go on.

Tarlam!
05-13-2007, 04:01 PM
I would be really sad if he didn't play. I am going to the Packer Rats game and I so want him to be under center.

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Brando.

Yeah, we should have. Don't you love being blamed for my stupidity! :D :P

Brando19
05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Brando.

Yeah, we should have. Don't you love being blamed for my stupidity! :D :P

LOL....no it's my stupidity. I shouldn't have asked one question in the subject and then another on the actual poll question. Note to Self: Don't be a dumbass the next time I start a poll. :lol:
Hopefully the next poll will be: Do you think Favre will lead the Packers to a victory in next Sunday's Super Bowl against the Patriots? 8-)