PDA

View Full Version : Is this the guy thats going to try to be a FB?

packers11
05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W0LlwwIgEY

His awareness is amazing... They should try having him challenge poppinga at slb...

GoPackGo
05-13-2007, 03:17 PM
wow, he could be a diamond in the rough.

woodbuck27
05-13-2007, 03:22 PM
WOW !

Nice find.

He looks more than decent.

Yea. If he has great instincts at LBer by all means TT move him to back-up as our FB.

He looks better than Hawk on that video.

I'll get lanced for that remark. :)

Lurker64
05-13-2007, 03:29 PM
He did play RB and FB in high school, so it's not like he's completely unfamiliar with the position. I'm sure if the coaching staff discovers that he can play LB, he'll get his shot. Right now, his role on the team is to contribute on special teams and if the video is any indication, he likely will.

Plus watching him on tip drills, etc. definitely indicates that he has the hands to catch the ball out of the backfield. He looks very natural and fluid with the ball, so it's possible that our coaching staff is not insane.

Jimx29
05-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Good thing he seems to be able to play on both blue and green rugs :)

Bub
05-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Heck, it seemed like most of those clips were clips of him with the ball. Looks like he's got some nice mitts and wheels. Should be good catching the rock out of the backfield like Hendo did so nicely.

digitaldean
05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
This kid can DEFINATELY motor!

Looks like he isn't that tall, but he can sure pack a punch. Hopefully he can blast a few opponents out of those holes.

With the way he can catch the ball and move, he could be a pretty potent weapon on screens.

theeaterofshades
05-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Could he possibly be a Strong Safety/LB hybrid type?

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 09:24 PM
Wow!
I hope he makes it thru training camp. Would like to see him in preseason.

Joemailman
05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
WOW !

Nice find.

He looks more than decent.

Yea. If he has great instincts at LBer by all means TT move him to back-up as our FB.

He looks better than Hawk on that video.

I'll get lanced for that remark. :)

Look out!

http://www.hobbybunker.com/images/products/220032.jpg

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Keep in mind he's running to music. :)

motife
05-14-2007, 09:34 PM
No! Say it ain't so! Someone's bringing up something positive??

:shock: :lol: :D

http://www.boisestatefans.com/data/media/000027/large.jpg

http://media.scout.com/media/image/35/353599.jpg

http://www.nationalchamps.net/2006/preview/pics/small/boisestate_korey_hall_sm.jpg

http://www.arbiteronline.com/media/paper890/stills/az39f6c1.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
05-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Personally, I thought he looked small and slow in that clip. Up the middle, untouched, he looked fast. On the sideline-to-sideline clips, he looked slow.

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
His lack of speed was a concern by many but I read that he is a student of the game and is usually in the mix when the whistle is blown.

Joemailman
05-14-2007, 09:49 PM
I suspect TT was impressed with his hands. Catching interceptions is tougher than catching passes you are expecting. Also, everything about him suggests he should be a special teams standout, which I believe was a secondary goal of this draft.

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
He's a football player.

oregonpackfan
05-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Don't belittle Hall because his Boise State team is a member of the WAC.

Boise State proved they can play with the well known teams. They beat Oklahoma in probably the most exciting college bowl game this past holiday season,

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 11:22 PM
We need a yawn emoticon

2nd request for Mad after the clapper emoticon. How bout a yawner ?

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2007, 04:40 AM

Boise State proved they can play with the well known teams. They beat Oklahoma in probably the most exciting college bowl game this past holiday season,

Of course, their defense gave up over 40 points to Oklahoma, and he was playing LB.
:D

Fritz
05-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Let's love him now, and forget about him when he gets cut.

If he makes the team, we can love him some more, until he misses a blitzer and causes Favre to get blindsided. Then we can hate on him.

There's room for every emotion with this guy.

Packgator
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM

Of course, their defense gave up over 40 points to Oklahoma, and he was playing LB.
:D

He has some impressive credentials.......

Named second-team All-America by the Sporting News.
Named Western Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year.
Named First-team All-WAC (three years in a row).
First among the nation’s linebackers in career interceptions.

Packgator
05-15-2007, 08:27 AM
This kid can DEFINATELY motor!

Looks like he isn't that tall

Height: 6-1

Packgator
05-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Is moving him to offense just media speculation......or did someone from the front office mention it?

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
He's moving to FB--according the organization.

From Packers.com:

Boise State's Hall A Special Teams Standout
by Mike Spofford, Packers.com

Special teams coordinator Mike Stock has seen a player like Korey Hall before.

Hall, a linebacker from Boise State, was selected by the Packers with the first of their three consecutive sixth-round picks on Sunday, the 191st overall selection.

The Packers are looking to convert Hall from linebacker to fullback and see what he can bring to special teams, much like Stock did as a coach with the Washington Redskins earlier this decade with another linebacker from Boise State named Brian Johnson.

"He was undersized as a linebacker, a fast runner, and we made him a fullback," said Stock, who coached special teams with the Redskins from 2001-03. "He was the same size and almost the same build, and hopefully the same make. That's what our idea will be with Korey Hall."

Hall was an impressive linebacker in his own right, earning second-team All-America honors from the Sporting News and Western Athletic Conference defensive player of the year honors. He recorded 105 tackles as a senior, one shy of the career high from his junior season, and six interceptions to give him 11 picks in his career.

Despite the noteworthy statistics, though, Hall is prepared to take a crack at a new position and see where his pro career leads. He worked out as both a linebacker and fullback at his pro day in Boise.

At 6-foot-1 and 236 pounds, he may have been viewed as too small to be an every-down linebacker in the NFL, and he may be asked to bulk up a bit to play fullback, a position he last played in high school.

"I'm fine with that," Hall said of the position switch. "Any way that I can get on the field and get some playing time and make a team, that's good with me. Whether that's defense, offense or special teams, I'll play wherever."

Ultimately, Hall's biggest contributions may come on special teams. He played on all four special teams units (punt coverage and return, kickoff coverage and return) pretty much his entire college career.

"I feel like the strength of my game defensively is as a physical player," Hall said. "I play hard between the whistles, and it's the same thing on special teams. A lot of playing special teams is being mentally tough, and I think I am as a special teams player."

Stock sees some of those intangibles as well.

"He's a very good tackler, a head hunter," Stock said. "A good blocker in the open field, a great motor, a big heart for the game."

Joemailman
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Hall is still listed as LB on the Packers roster, but he has been issued uniform #35, which would indicate he will be playing fullback.

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Personally, I thought he looked small and slow in that clip. Up the middle, untouched, he looked fast. On the sideline-to-sideline clips, he looked slow.

Wasn't that Adrian Peterson he ran down on one of those plays?

Rastak
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM

Wasn't that Adrian Peterson he ran down on one of those plays?

Adrian had a rock in his shoe.... :)

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
I didn't see the Peterson play. Youtube always cuts in and out on me. Got through the first couple of minutes. He's obviously really undersized. Speed didn't stand out to me on most plays. Looked pretty pedestrian. The three things I do like is that he seems to be a playmaker with some good instincts and good hands, he seems tenacious, and he seems like he is a great tackler--especially for his size. Combine those with intensity, and I can see why they think he can be a good ST player. He actually does look like he'd be a natural at FB.

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM

Just viewed that video again.

Harvey:

HE LOOKED DETERMINED AND HE HAS GREAT HANDS. HE TACKLES HARD AND SEEMS TO KNOW WHERE THE HOUSE IS WHEN HE GETS THE BALL.

He looked great in coverage and has good instincts to get to the ball.He has solid athletic skills and football instincts (slash) smarts fr. what I saw.

I like him. :)