PDA

View Full Version : FIRE TED NOW!

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 02:22 PM
I can't believe that somebody hasn't started this thread yet.

falco
05-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Surely you don't think we could find another director of facility operations on such short notice???

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Surely you don't think we could find another director of facility operations on such short notice???

Surely Brett can do that too.

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I am calling Bob Harlan on Monday and demand an explanation for TT's actions. And no, I am not kidding.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 02:30 PM
I am calling Bob Harlan on Monday and demand an explanation for TT's actions. And no, I am not kidding.

Can you tell him Scott says hi?

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Sure. I'd be happy to.

pbmax
05-13-2007, 02:37 PM
At least we can still be civil! :lol:

Tell him pbmax says to let Ted have the entire five years, but to ask why no medical visits for HArrell and Jackson before the draft?

packers11
05-13-2007, 03:37 PM
so how do we start??? All march into the Atrium with signs??? :wink: :glug:

gbpackfan
05-13-2007, 03:38 PM
POSTED 4:21 p.m. EDT, May 13, 2007

PACKERS SCRAMBLE TO DOUSE FLAMING FANS

At a time when wildfires have been raging in several corners of the nation, there's a conflagration that currently is consuming Packer nation.

And the front office knows it.

Why else would the team put out an "all is well" press release on Mother's Day?

"We are optimistic about the 2007 season," Thompson said in the team-issued Sunday statement. "We feel like we've had a great offseason program -- our guys are getting bigger and stronger -- and we'll improve from within. We're also excited about the players we've added through the draft and what those players will bring to our team."

Thompson also addressed the recent comments of quarterback Brett Favre, who expressed dissatisfaction about the team's failure to land Randy Moss.

"I think it's natural for a player to be frustrated from time to time -- that's simply being human," said Thompson. "Everyone knows that Brett Favre is all about winning. As an organization, we share that commitment. And we want to win now."

And Thompson provided a carefully-crafted non-answer to the question of whether, as Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reported earlier in the day, Favre has asked for a trade.

"We never comment on the talks we have with our players or with their agents, in line with the long-standing policy of our organization. We try to encourage open and honest dialogue with players and their agents. But if those talks later are shared with third parties, the willingness of players to be open in future conversations may be compromised."

Possible translation: "Yes, but because Brett currently has a literal and figurative hold on the nutsack of the front office, we don't want to take any chances that he might decide to squeeze even harder than he already has."

In our view, this Mother's Day missive is a desperate act from an organization that is facing a revolt from its fan base. And we're even more convinced that either Favre or Thompson will be not with the team come September. Given that the franchise is publicly owned, we wouldn't be surprised if someone were to file a shareholder's action aimed at forcing the team to have the same kind of accountability that would exist if there was a real owner calling the shots.

For his part, Favre is trying to help put out the fire. The post on his official site regarding rumors of Favre wanting a trade, which were confirmed by board administrator "DavidPHX," has been deleted. And DavidPHX has posted the following message: "Brett has asked that we all tone down the articles and any dislikes for management. He does not want his site to fuel rumors. Ted Thompson is his boss and we need to tone everything down. I believe the situation is over with. Brett vented said what he wanted and I believe management has heard. Brett loves the Green Bay Packers and has always felt we have the best fans in the WORLD . I expect Brett to return as the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers on September 9. Go Packers!"

Still, Favre is the one who has started this mess, both by privately asking to be traded and by publicly making his displeasure known. It's a storm of unprecedented proportion for the Packers, and we don't think the situation is going to get better any time soon. The only person to benefit from this brouhaha might be receiver Keyshawn Johnson, who could end up getting a lucrative offer to join the team in light of the fact that he's the only potential impact player who is on the market right now.

From pft.com

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I can't believe that somebody hasn't started this thread yet.

I can't believe it was you who did?

Brando19
05-13-2007, 03:46 PM

I am, too!

The Shadow
05-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I think Thompson has got the team on the right track, after many years of muddled ineptitude.
I'd try to sign him to a long term extension.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I think Thompson has got the team on the right track, after many years of muddled ineptitude.

Umm....what?

RashanGary
I always thought Thompson was naive to the pressures of his job. You can see that has strong convictions and cofidence in the job he is trying to do but he took over a bad situation. He has an aging team that got close, missed and was on it's way down. Then throw in the best, but most unrealistic fans in football and the Drama Queen and you ahve disaster.

I hope Thompson gets another year but I wouldn't be suprised if Brett pushes him out of town either.

Rastak

Umm....what?

Lamont is a contrarian.....

Brando19
05-13-2007, 03:59 PM
The Bears got Greg Olsen...the Lions got Calvin Johnson...the Vikings got Adrian Peterson....the Pack got Justin Harrell...I believe we should have been agressive on offense and any good GM would have seen this.

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
aCTUALLY ONE MIGHT SAY THAT WHAT YOU POSTED ABOVE SHOULD BE THE REASON WHY WE DRAFTED D with our first round pick. We need to stop the O's within our own division.

ND72
05-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Surely Brett can do that too.

what a joke...maybe, Brett could walk on water too. stupid thread.

cpk1994
05-14-2007, 02:11 AM
The Bears got Greg Olsen...the Lions got Calvin Johnson...the Vikings got Adrian Peterson....the Pack got Justin Harrell...I believe we should have been agressive on offense and any good GM would have seen this.So what if the Bears Lions and vikes drafted those. They still don't have QB's

BallHawk
05-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Scott, I can bump the "Fire TT Thread" which was created after the 1st pick of the Packers draft.

retailguy
05-14-2007, 08:23 AM
The Bears got Greg Olsen...the Lions got Calvin Johnson...the Vikings got Adrian Peterson....the Pack got Justin Harrell...I believe we should have been agressive on offense and any good GM would have seen this.So what if the Bears Lions and vikes drafted those. They still don't have QB's

Umm... Well. For a journeyman, Kitna is not bad. Oh, and they drafted DREW STANTON, who by all appearances is pretty damn good and has a shot to become a legitimate QB. And, who is "teaching" him this season?? Oh yeah, some guy named MARTZ who did a pretty good job with an unknown named Kurt Warner.

Tavaris Jackson remains to be seen, however, if he gets it together... then it'll be us and the Bears without a QB. Can't see Favre playing past this year.. then we get Rodgers... And you're worried about the Lions and Vikings QB's? :?:

Fritz
05-14-2007, 08:31 AM
I think this is more of just Brett being Brett. He's not a real media-savvy guy, which is part of his appeal, but it gets him and the team in hot water sometimes.

It's happened a few times over the years; the incident that comes to mind for me is when he spoke up about Javon Walker and what he should or shouldn't have been doing concerning his contract. It may be that that merely have Walker an excuse to add to the list of why he wanted out, but it didn't help the situation.

My guess is that Favre will moderate his comments before training camp starts, and backtrack a litttle even.

I suppose you could argue that Moss would have been good short-term, but with Favre doing his near-retirement dance every year, it would have sucked to sign Moss and give up a fourth and sixth rounder for him, then have Favre possibly retire after a year, leaving the team with a notorious young quarterback-eater and a significant salary.

And would adding Moss get this team to the NFC championship game this year? Probably not.

Anyway, keep the train on the tracks. I think this team will be better this year and next than Favre seems to believe. But that's just one man's opnion. We'll see.

Packers4Ever
05-14-2007, 03:53 PM
[quote="Fritz"]I think this is more of just Brett being Brett. He's not a real media-savvy guy, which is part of his appeal, but it gets him and the team in hot water sometimes.

It's happened a few times over the years; the incident that comes to mind for me is when he spoke up about Javon Walker and what he should or shouldn't have been doing concerning his contract. It may be that that merely have Walker an excuse to add to the list of why he wanted out, but it didn't help the situation.

Fritz, I think you hit it right here. Brett being Brett, he's a football guy for crying out loud, not a professional speaker or orator. And he certainly doesn't seem to be media-savvy, like some who've ended up sitting at a desk on ESPN, spieling the latest rumor! He's just our Brett.