PDA

View Full Version : Thompson vs. Favre. Who wins?

PackerBlues
05-13-2007, 04:01 PM
First, lets look at what Favre has accomplished during his career in GB.

Most career pass completions: 5,021
Most seasons with 20 or more touchdown passes: 12, all consecutive (1994-2005)
Most seasons with 30 or more touchdown passes: 8, 5 consecutive (1994-1998, 2001, 2003-2004) For perspective, only five other quarterbacks in NFL history have recorded at least two consecutive 30-touchdown passing seasons in their careers: Steve Bartkowski, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Jeff Garcia, Y.A. Tittle.
Most seasons leading the league in touchdown passes: 4 (1995-1997, 2003
Most consecutive 3,000+ yards passing seasons: 15 (1992-2006)
Most consecutive 300+ completion seasons: 15 (1992-2006)
Most consecutive NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997)
Most NFL MVP awards: 3
Most consecutive starts by a quarterback: 237 (257 including playoffs)
Longest touchdown pass: 99 yards (to Robert Brooks, 1995)(tied with several others)
From 2002 to 2004, Favre threw a touchdown pass in 36 consecutive games, the second longest streak ever behind Johnny Unitas' 47.

Favre continues to close in on several NFL career records. As of the end of the 2006 NFL season, Favre stands at:

Second all-time in career passing touchdowns, with 414 (Marino, 420)
Second all-time in career passing yards, with 57,500 (Marino, 61,361)
Second all-time in career pass attempts, with 8,223 (Marino, 8,358)
Second all-time in single stadium passing yards, with 25,765 (Elway, 27,889)
Second all-time in career interceptions thrown by a quarterback, with 273 (George Blanda, 277)
Second all-time in career regular season wins by starting quarterback, with 147 (Elway, 148; Marino, 147)
Third all-time in career consecutive starts by an NFL player, with 237 (Mick Tingelhoff, 240; Jim Marshall, 270)
In addition, Favre owns a number of team records, having printed his name into almost every passing category in the annals of Green Bay Packers history.

Now lets look at what Thompson has accomplished since coming to GB:

................hmmmmmm.

Brett Favre wins!

Look at this nifty web-site I found.

http://www.firepackersgm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74

The Shadow
05-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Thompson gets my vote.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 04:03 PM
True...but does Favre have the power to get rid of TT? No
Does TT have the power to get rid of Favre? yes

Rastak
05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
I thought they were on the same side?

PackerBlues
05-13-2007, 04:06 PM

True, but does TT have the balls to come right out and get rid of Favre? NO.

Scott Campbell
05-13-2007, 04:07 PM

All this infighting has to be pretty damned entertaining for a Viking fan.

Brando19
05-13-2007, 04:08 PM

True, but does TT have the balls to come right out and get rid of Favre? NO.

No...and let's hope it stays that way.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 04:09 PM

You must love this :)

I'm looking forward to the season. There is some drama here but I think we're going to be a strong football team come September.

Favre feels betrayed. He's talking out of his ass. He's been historically good at blowing things otu of porportion.

RashanGary

Beat me to it

Brando19

The rest of the NFC North must be eating this up! Especially when the rumors rise of......Favre traded to the Lions!!!! The Vikings offer a 2nd round pick for Favre!!!! Lance Briggs to the Packers for Favre!!!

Rastak
05-13-2007, 04:10 PM

You must love this :)

I'm looking forward to the season. There is some drama here but I think we're going to be a strong football team come September.

Favre feels betrayed. He's talking out of his ass. He's been historically good at blowing things otu of porportion.

It is entertaining but I have a feeling it will blow over pretty quick. It does make me wonder if this virtually gaurentees he quits at the end of the year.

edit: it is just human nature...I know you guys were rolling when the Vikes were in turmoil at the end of Tice's era.....not that they are completely turmoil free now mind you.

RashanGary
05-13-2007, 04:13 PM
It is entertaining but I have a feeling it will blow over pretty quick. It does make me wonder if this virtually gaurentee he quits at the end of the year.

If he does, he should just do it. I'm getting pretty tired of this drama. We havn't even played a game but fans and Favre are acting like the season is already decided. I have a feeling that there is a lockerroom full of young hungry guys who busted their humps this off season who have somehting to say about that. I just want to see the guys play. If they suck, I'll be right with everyone wanting Thompson fired. I keep getting good vibes about these young guys and I think they are going to prove a lot of people wrong. I really am optimistic about thsi season. At the same time, I'm sick of the anual Favre Drama. I thought we escaped it this year, but here it is.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Doesn't even compare to the 'Love Boat'. :lol:

Rastak
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Doesn't even compare to the 'Love Boat'. :lol:

In a way it's worse than that, that was just a party gone awry.... :lol:

bbbffl66
05-13-2007, 04:50 PM
It is entertaining but I have a feeling it will blow over pretty quick. It does make me wonder if this virtually gaurentee he quits at the end of the year.

If he does, he should just do it. I'm getting pretty tired of this drama. We havn't even played a game but fans and Favre are acting like the season is already decided. I have a feeling that there is a lockerroom full of young hungry guys who busted their humps this off season who have somehting to say about that. I just want to see the guys play. If they suck, I'll be right with everyone wanting Thompson fired. I keep getting good vibes about these young guys and I think they are going to prove a lot of people wrong. I really am optimistic about thsi season. At the same time, I'm sick of the anual Favre Drama. I thought we escaped it this year, but here it is.

They may be as hungry as sharks, but if they are goldfish, they aren't eating any big meals!

Kiwon
05-13-2007, 04:57 PM
On-the-field: QB Farve versus LB Thompson in his prime? - No match, Farve would complete the pass with TT covering a tight end or running back.

Off-the-field: QB Farve versus GM Thompson? - TT wins in this instance.

If the Packers were a playoff-caliber team and Moss was possibly the one key player to put them over the top then the situation would be different.

BradStrand
05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
On-the-field: QB Favre versus LB Thompson in his prime? - No match, Favre would complete the pass with TT covering a tight end or running back.

Oh I dont know... Thompson could always have been at the right place at the right time and recieved one of those gift BF interceptions... I bet Brett would have stoned him on the return though

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Brett would have thrown him at least one pic

Jimx29
05-13-2007, 05:40 PM
The people have spoken

http://i1.tinypic.com/6asrkzr.jpg

ND72
05-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Favre would win this because he's too much of a god to too many people. I would take Thompson's side though.