PDA

View Full Version : Favre speaks video

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
This is buried in another post. 'Favre criticizes Packers' failed attempt at trading for Moss'.
It's worth watching. I agree with Bretsky...... the truth hurts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/ivp/index?id=2869090

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I wonder if Favre is completely wrong about what happened with the negotiations? Maybe he is just telling himself lies.

He is really going down the wrong road here....

PackerBlues
05-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks for reposting this video. Notice how Brett never once cut on any of the young guys as some people here in the forums would have you believe.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I wonder if Favre is completely wrong about what happened with the negotiations? Maybe he is just telling himself lies.
He is really going down the wrong road here....

Agree this stuff should not be said; but I don't buy for one second he's lying.
He's always been honest, sometimes painfully and to his own detriment. There is no reason to believe he is lying here. He has plenty of inside info since Bus Cook is the agent of both players.

It is clear one of two things occured

1. TT would not give up a fourth
2. TT would not belly up with the contract to get it done

All of this crap about Moss only restructuring for NE, or Moss going there because it's the only spot he wanted to play, was just pure B.S.

I never thought TT would make this work anyways; oh well, at least we have something to debate on.

I was thinking there would be no new news til the preseason :lol:

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, B, I guarantee you, this should keep us busy for a few weeks, maybe months.

I'm not saying Favre is lying, I'm saying perhaps he has faulty info or a naive belief of what happened. Yes, he's the QB, but you can't tell me he knows every single thing that goes on in the office. He doesn't know what happens on the phones. For him to say what he said is wrong. For him to say what he said, when nobody knows for sure what happened, is wrong. Brett Favre is wrong.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Well, B, I guarantee you, this should keep us busy for a few weeks, maybe months.

I'm not saying Favre is lying, I'm saying perhaps he has faulty info or a naive belief of what happened. Yes, he's the QB, but you can't tell me he knows every single thing that goes on in the office. He doesn't know what happens on the phones. For him to say what he said is wrong. For him to say what he said, when nobody knows for sure what happened, is wrong. Brett Favre is wrong.

Isn't it nice that we can agree..........to disagree? :)

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:24 PM

Isn't it nice that we can agree..........to disagree? :)

It's fantastic. :wink:

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 09:27 PM

God knows the Turtle won't give us any news to keep us busy :lol: :lol:

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:27 PM

You never know......

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Tomorrow could be one of those Mondays' from hell.

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:33 PM

Mondays are always days from hell.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm saying perhaps he has faulty info or a naive belief of what happened. Y

In making sense of this, Moss may very well have used Green Bay to secure his exit to NE. It would not surprise me if Al Davis was going to hold out til draft day to find out what he could secure. But it's clear Davis and TT had conversations for a long time and Davis would certainly know what the Snapper would be willing to give up.

I keep going back to the same two things, and they make sense.

Either TT wouldn't belly up the contract or he was holding firm with the 5th round offer. I'd be more fine with it all if the latter was true.

Ted Thompson values his draft picks like a bee and honey. My expectations for TT ever giving up draft picks to secure a player are next to nothing. Other teams will have to meet his terms, and knowing his love for his picks I wouldn't ever hold me breath to get a bold draft pick offer from the turtle.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM

You never know......

Bring back Taco Wallace :lol:

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM

Culligan is gonna be making some pretty good money tomorrow with all the watercooler talk.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:36 PM
You know, the video is what it is........Favre doing an interview.....answering questions.
WHAT was the question he was answering?
Knowing that, sure would put things abit more in context.

BallHawk
05-13-2007, 09:39 PM
You know, the video is what it is........Favre doing an interview.....answering questions.

I wonder if he was even asked about Moss.....

packers11
05-13-2007, 09:40 PM

yea ... isn't it interesting how they didn't show the questions... I want to see what the damn questions were, maybe he was just responding to the question the reporter was giving him...

packinpatland
Something had to illicit that response.

BallHawk

You never know......

Bring back Taco Wallace :lol:

Well we have 11 WR, how can one more hurt? Get Taco's agent on the phone.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 09:41 PM

I wonder if he was even asked about Moss.....

Reporters are always looking for stories; to say they have questionable motives at times would be accurate.

If I'm a reporter looking for a story about Green Bay, that is the number one topic I'm asking Brett Favre about.

They feed off this stuff.

Obvious topics would be

Failure to land Moss
Going defense in round one
Lack of signings in free agency
Loss of Ahman Green

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 09:45 PM
I agree but he is always more than willing to talk when a camera is rolling except when they lose a game. You have to admit, he seems to love the media attention.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Wonder if they even asked him about the fundraising event...........the reason they were all there to begin with?
About the $$$$$'s the Favre's have raised for worthwhile causes, how the Foundation is doing, how his wife's foundation is....................that's right, that wouldn't be REAL news.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:48 PM
I agree but he is always more than willing to talk when a camera is rolling except when they lose a game. You have to admit, he seems to love the media attention.

No, I won't admit to agreeing with that.
It's been a long preseason, this is one of the first times any one has heard from that media,attention-grabbing QB!

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 09:51 PM
dON'T YOU REMEMBER THE CONFERENCE IN mISS at years end when he called the reporters together at a golf tourney just to tell them he has nothing to say and asked them why they were all here?? maybe that was the year before, than he said we should focus on baseball.

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:54 PM
dON'T YOU REMEMBER THE CONFERENCE IN mISS at years end when he called the reporters together at a golf tourney just to tell them he has nothing to say and asked them why they were all here?? maybe that was the year before, than he said we should focus on baseball.

He did NOT call reporters together. They were there, the same as they had been there for the previous, however many years he'd been doing the golfing event for his foundation. The media chose to turn the thing into a circus.

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 09:57 PM
BS, he knew why they were there. Why didn't he just tell them before he was on every fricking TV channel in WI?? He loves the media!

packinpatland
05-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Enough. It's time for everyone to call it a day.

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Media Whore :lol:

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM

Bull,

He has an annual media conference for this every year; way too many posts were made about this last year

b bulldog
05-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Come on, you can't be serious? We can agree to disagree but I think your dead wrong here.

Bretsky
05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Come on, you can't be serious? We can agree to disagree but I think your dead wrong here.

That whole media conference was a joke; but yes, he does hold that media conference year after year after year at that event.

You can argue he could have deflated the rumor somehow; but he has an annual media conference at that event and it's been going on for a long long time.[/u]