PDA

View Full Version : Maybe the bigger issue is with the Packers who leaked info

Chester Marcol
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
To many people here piling on Brett over this issue when all we have is anonymous sources. No one here knows what was said by who and to who it was said to. I didn't hear Brett once say he wanted to be traded during his interview at his golf tourny. Any of you who are comparing Favre to some of these other yahoos who've asked for trades in the media are in-frigin-sane.

Maybe we should all be pissed that we don't have an orginization who can keep internal matters just that, internal. To many people here with knee jerk reactions throwing Favre under the bus over something that may or may not have been said and most certainly should have never made it's way to the public.

I would like to say I just don't understand the mentality of this, but it is just cyclical. Many of you are just carrying on the traditions of your fathers who were calling for Lynn Dickey to be replaced. It happens all the time, sooner or later,in every NFL city.

Rastak
05-14-2007, 09:23 AM
To many people here piling on Brett over this issue when all we have is anonymous sources. No one here knows what was said by who and to who it was said to. I didn't hear Brett once say he wanted to be traded during his interview at his golf tourny. Any of you who are comparing Favre to some of these other yahoos who've asked for trades in the media are in-frigin-sane.

Maybe we should all be pissed that we don't have an orginization who can keep internal matters just that, internal. To many people here with knee jerk reactions throwing Favre under the bus over something that may or may not have been said and most certainly should have never made it's way to the public.

I would like to say I just don't understand the mentality of this, but it is just cyclical. Many of you are just carrying on the traditions of your fathers who were calling for Lynn Dickey to be replaced. It happens all the time, sooner or later,in every NFL city.

Actually the outrage was over his public comments, it just got worse after the trade thing emerged. I would agree that you don't want this stuff leaked. It's possible that Favre's agent maybe floated it out there and someone on the Packers staff just confirmed it. Who knows...I expect this will die down within a week.

edit: Actually PFT.com just posted a piece impling Bus Cook is the man behind the scenes pushing this.....

Patler
05-14-2007, 09:27 AM

One of the articles attributted the leak to an associate/friend of Favre's. I have no way of knowing, but it may not have come from the team. Who really knows or will say where the "first" leak was from?

Fritz
05-14-2007, 09:41 AM
A part of what's interesting to me is the way the internet and the saturation of sports talk radio actually change stories' impacts. Twenty years ago, this stuff would have come out in the papers, been talked about between individuals at home and at work, and would have died down fairly quickly. Now, sports talk radio - always, always needing grist for the mill - will fan the flames, as will the internet with its plethora of web sites and chat forums. The media is a hungry wolf needing programming, and so it creates stories rather than simply reporting them. In this case, it was Favre being Favre (he speaks from his heart and doesn't always think about the impact of what he says) and the media has jumped all over it.

pbmax
05-14-2007, 09:51 AM
We also had Moss and trade commentary from the DavidPHX admin on Favre's site. People on this board (I can't attest to this independently) believe this admin to be Favre's pilot.

These posts were later deleted and replaced with "let's not start rumors" requests.

Remember, word of Favre's interest in Moss has been leaking all summer. It certainly wasn't the Packers leaking that info to drive the price up.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 11:34 AM
To many people here with knee jerk reactions throwing Favre under the bus over something that may or may not have been said and most certainly should have never made it's way to the public.

You mean like how Brett threw Ted under the bus over something that should have never been made public?

Chester Marcol
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM
To many people here with knee jerk reactions throwing Favre under the bus over something that may or may not have been said and most certainly should have never made it's way to the public.

You mean like how Brett threw Ted under the bus over something that should have never been made public?

I think now that the stories are coming out and Brett is addressing it, this is really looking silly how worked up people have gotten. I think whoever leaked it sure got what they wanted. A ton of underwear all in a bunch.

I personally don't understand how people can get so worked up over one player. One player never makes a team. The difference between us winning another SB or not has never been because of or in spite of Favre. As far as I can remember, it has always been a team effort. That's why it's silly to suggest adding Moss or the fact we didn't add Moss would really change our SB chances that much. I think the Moss events were more like the final straw. It could have been Larry Johnson or any other high profile player. TT can't talk about winning now and not add some veteran leadership in some key positions. His actions are telling us a different story.

Hate to break this to you, but Seatle never becomes a Super Bowl team without a trade for a QB. So tell me, how we can get to that next level sooner than later without bringing in some talent and not relying on rookies to step up and carry us into the playoffs?

retailguy
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Hate to break this to you, but Seatle never becomes a Super Bowl team without a trade for a QB. So tell me, how we can get to that next level sooner than later without bringing in some talent and not relying on rookies to step up and carry us into the playoffs?

Ted could've drafted a QB. Might have taken him until 2011 but he'd have found one, EVENTUALLY.

Seattle got Hasselbeck BEFORE Holmgren got demoted. That decision was based on Mike's perspective, not Ted's.

Thompson is in no hurry. It's really pretty clear...

Green Bud Packer
05-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Hate to break this to you, but Seatle never becomes a Super Bowl team without a trade for a QB. So tell me, how we can get to that next level sooner than later without bringing in some talent and not relying on rookies to step up and carry us into the playoffs? this years version of the packers will have maybe 5-6 rookies on the team.
they are a maturing team and will be relying on 3rd, 4th and even 17 year vets to get them to the next level.

Chester Marcol
05-14-2007, 01:05 PM

Ted could've drafted a QB. Might have taken him until 2011 but he'd have found one, EVENTUALLY.

Seattle got Hasselbeck BEFORE Holmgren got demoted. That decision was based on Mike's perspective, not Ted's.

Thompson is in no hurry. It's really pretty clear...

Good point. The Seahawks are on a different time table without that trade.

I personally thought we took enough of a step forward last year to grab a FA/Trade or few this year to help us progress to a playoff team. I don't think we could talk SB team just yet, but I thought we could start our ramp up to that, not unlike it happened the last time. I thought we would continue to draft well, but once we started moving down in the draft order, it would get tougher to get as many immediate starters picking at 16 each round(and knowing TT obsession with trading down a time or 2). A big difference from the number 5 spot from last year. Anyone who thought we would find 4 good starters this year was being unrealistic. Eventually this draft may produce 4 good starters, but once you drop out of the top 8 or 10 spots, it gets pretty tough to find immediate help.

Merlin
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
You know if Ted did such a great job in Seattle, how's come we are getting their left overs? Robinson, Manual, who's next? There has to be another reason why the Seahawks are successful today. I am sure it wasn't TT. Could it be Holmgren? Could it be a good QB coach with a coachable, talented QB?

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I am sure it wasn't TT.

Of course you're sure. You hate the guy.

I figure he had some impact in Seattle - exact degree unknown.