PDA

View Full Version : Favre: I Don't Want To Be Traded

pbmax
05-14-2007, 11:40 AM
From ESPN and Packers.com:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2869896

When the Packers failed to acquire Randy Moss, was Brett Favre angry enough to ask his way out of Green Bay? The three-time NFL MVP said no on Monday.

I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay. I want to finish my career as a Packer. Sometimes when I get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me," Favre said Monday in a statement posted on the team's Web site.

"As I said in February when I announced that I was coming back, I am excited about the young talent on our team and the improvements we're going to see from one year to the next. I really enjoy the young guys I'm playing with. I'm working hard down in Mississippi right now, rehabbing, and I plan to be in the best shape of my life. I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think we can be pretty good."

Amid public grousing from Favre about the state of his team over the weekend, a report on the Fox Sports Web site, citing anonymous sources, said Favre's agent called Packers general manager Ted Thompson to request a trade a few days after last month's draft....

Brando19
05-14-2007, 11:42 AM
I posted this about 30 minutes ago.

pbmax
05-14-2007, 11:43 AM
And here are some more details on the deal that fell through:

However, a Packers source and a source close to Moss told ESPN that the discrepancies in negotiations were over two primary points of contention. The Packers wanted a two-year contract, whereas Moss wanted a one-year deal, which he received from the Patriots for a $3 million base salary and $2 million in incentives.

The Packers wanted to pay Moss $3.5 million in 2007, a team source told ESPN. But a source close to Moss said that only $1.9 million was guarateed in base salary with the remaining $1.6 million based on $100,000 bonuses for every game Moss was on the active 45-man roster. Moss rejected that offer, along with a second year on the contract proposal from the Packers.

Scott Campbell
Looks like he's trying to put out the fire he started, and even he realizes that the bush league golf tournament move was stupid.

pbmax
Sorry to duplicate it.