PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Thompson thrown under a bus! Yippee!!!

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 12:11 PM
If Thompson was thrown under a bus, then he deserved to be thrown under that bus for putting himself in that position. Would it have hurt him or the team in any way for him to have come out with a press release after the draft telling the fans exactly what happened from his point of view?

Put very very simply, Thompson had it in his power to defuse this situation at any given time after the draft and before Favre made his comments. He chose not to however, and now he has to live with that decision.

Again, we could go back and forth on this, because anyone could step up to say that Thompson has "thrown Favre under a bus" by not making any moves in Free Agency to improve our offense. But this argument is getting way to old .

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Spoken like someone with no leadership skills whatsoever.

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Spoken like someone with no leadership skills whatsoever.

How did I know that you would be the first person to reply to this post? LOL

Thanks for adding such insightful input scott. :taunt:

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 12:15 PM
But this argument is getting way to old .

Uhhhhh.........so why did you start another thread on the topic?

Can't make up your mind?

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 12:20 PM

Can't make up your mind?

Because I love these meaningful conversations with you Scott.....why else? :beat:

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 12:22 PM

Can't make up your mind?

Because I love these meaningful conversations with you Scott.....why else? :beat:

So you started another vanity thread? You could always PM me if you're that hard up for conversation.

cpk1994
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM
If Thompson was thrown under a bus, then he deserved to be thrown under that bus for putting himself in that position. Would it have hurt him or the team in any way for him to have come out with a press release after the draft telling the fans exactly what happened from his point of view?

Put very very simply, Thompson had it in his power to defuse this situation at any given time after the draft and before Favre made his comments. He chose not to however, and now he has to live with that decision.

Again, we could go back and forth on this, because anyone could step up to say that Thompson has "thrown Favre under a bus" by not making any moves in Free Agency to improve our offense. But this argument is getting way to old .

How could he hae diffused the situation concidering that the trade stuff never would have seen the light of day had Brett not acteed like a child and cried to the media? It was Favre's comments that brought to light the trade demands. Nothing TT could do.

rdanomly
05-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Didn't he diffuse the situation by sending M3 to talk with Brett? After M3 did talk with Brett the articles indicate that Favre wasn't as mad. Sounds like the situation was diffused, although not without some damage being done.

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Favre's "trade demands" took place weeks ago and had been swept under the rug until just recently. Favre then made his comments about how he felt we could have gotten Randy Moss and at a cost that would make it worth the risk.

Question: Do you think that Favre would have said anything about wanting Moss during his charity event if he were in any way satisfied with what he had been told about the "non-trade"??

IF Favre in fact did ask to be traded at that time......weeks ago, and Thompson denied the trade, then Thompson knew that he had a problem on his hands that stemmed from not getting Moss. Or, if you were to go a step further, that stemmed from his lack of action in free agency to improve our offense.

Question: Why would Thompson not put out a press release stating exactly why the Moss trade never happened? Would it have hurt the team in any way for him to do that?

Many many fans besides Favre wanted Moss. Kind of hard to ignore that when it was being put on every sports page and every sports channell. Yet for some reason, Thompson must not have felt it was worth addressing.

Question: If your franchise quarterback and thousands of fans around Wisconsin want Moss, and you fail to get Moss, dont you owe those people an explanation as to why you failed to get Moss?

You can throw out your argument that Thompson is the GM, not Favre, and not the fans. Its not going to save Thompsons job if this were to escalate. But as some other Thompson Fanboy put it, "Favre Blinked". Or more factually, Favre was the bigger man, and he downplayed the situation to save Thompson from being embarrassed any more than he already has been.

cpk1994
05-14-2007, 12:53 PM
How soon you have forgotten the article in the MJS about 1000 of people begging Bob Harlan not to trade for Randy Moss. The opinion goes both ways. And besides I don't remember any team putting out a press release explaining why a player wasn't aquired ever.

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 12:55 PM
How soon you have forgotten the article in the MJS about 1000 of people begging Bob Harlan not to trade for Randy Moss. The opinion goes both ways. And besides I don't remember any team putting out a press release explaining why a player wasn't aquired ever.

Is there any other team like the GB Packers? Who "owns" this team?

it sure as hell isnt Ted Thompson or Harlan.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Is there any other team like the GB Packers? Who "owns" this team?

it sure as hell isnt Ted Thompson or Harlan.

Good grief, you're not going to waive your little stock certificate around - are ya?

For all practical purposes, the board of directors "owns" the team.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 01:17 PM

Huh? Weren't you the same guy that just a couple of days ago was crying about posters making crap up? And here you are - doing exactly that. You have no proof as to what Thompson did, or didn't do in attempt to defuse the situation. Pure speculation. Making crap up. What a hypocrite.

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 01:21 PM

Huh? Weren't you the same guy that just a couple of days ago was crying about posters making crap up? And here you are - doing exactly that. Making crap up. What a hypocrite.

how do you get that this is made up? Did Thompson make a press release on why Moss wasnt picked up by the Packers? Did he defuse the situation with Favre.........given weeks to do so? Apparently not.

If I am reaching here, so be it.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 01:29 PM

But didn't you cry that was against the "rules"?

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 01:37 PM

But didn't you cry that was against the "rules"?

My saying that Thompson had more than enough time to defuse the situation (weeks since the draft) is nowhere near as bad as you posting false quotes from Favre.

Whereas you made things up to get your point across, I am pointing to a simple fact: Since the draft, Thompson has had time to defuse this situation. Is that made up like your phony quotes? No

Favre asked to be traded within 3 days of the draft. If your Franchise QB asked to be traded, you have a serious issue on your hands. Fact: Thompson had weeks to defuse said problem, but apparently did not. Again, I am not making anything up here, I am pointing out something that should be obvious to anyone. You made up and posted quotes from Favre. Big difference.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 01:39 PM
You made up and posted quotes from Favre.

So show them to me.

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 01:41 PM
yeah, your right, I am thinking about that other Troll Bulldog. Im sorry.

woodbuck27
05-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Good Gaud !!

hoosier
05-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Looking at the title, I thought this was going to be a thread about throwing the agent (Bus CooK) under the bus.

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Looking at the title, I thought this was going to be a thread about throwing the agent (Bus CooK) under the bus.

Oh no....it's about fellow Packer fans throwing each other to the dogs!! :shock:

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 08:12 PM

Oh no....it's about fellow Packer fans throwing each other to the dogs!! :shock:

yup, this thread is pretty much done.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/dogs-funny.jpg

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM
LOL is that first dog with his tail up in the air Thompson????? :P :wink:

retailguy
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM

Wouldn't that be "throwing them to the BEARS".... There are no dogs... only bears... :P

Oscar
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM
:lol:

retailguy
05-14-2007, 08:15 PM

No, that would be the dog looking "disinterested" on the porch. The one with his tail in the air is Randy Moss, and the "sniffing dog" is Brett... :P

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 08:16 PM

No, that would be the dog looking "disinterested" on the porch. The one with his tail in the air is Randy Moss, and the "sniffing dog" is Brett... :P

:evil:

Oscar
05-14-2007, 08:17 PM
:lol:

PackerBlues
05-15-2007, 02:14 AM
:oops:

PackerBlues
05-15-2007, 02:14 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favrebus.jpg

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Apparently, Ted is trying to look up her shirt. Thus signifying he is straight.

So, PB, after all of this bashing and you finally stick up for Ted. I didn't know you had it in 'ya. :D

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 06:43 PM
X.

Bretsky
05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favrebus.jpg

Awesome Pic !!

Bretsky
05-15-2007, 07:33 PM
X.

That pic blows

retailguy
05-15-2007, 08:48 PM
X.

That pic blows

I don't know, but I kind of like it. Who else thought of an X with a period?

PackerBlues
05-15-2007, 09:00 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favrebus2.jpg

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Where's John Madden on the bus?

PackerBlues
05-15-2007, 09:51 PM
What more can ya ask for? Favre is driving, Ted is under the bus. We have the hot girl in green and gold. Madden is on the bus (with his cheese) and we even have a guy pukin on the bumper sticker......kinda.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/favrebus3.jpg

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice masterpiece Rembrandt.

This is why kids shouldn't play with power tools.

PackerBlues
05-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Nice masterpiece Rembrandt.

This is why kids shouldn't play with power tools.

LOL......thanks. (I never claimed to be any good at this crap, I just ssid it could be fun.) :eyes:

PackerBlues
05-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Apparently, Ted is trying to look up her shirt. Thus signifying he is straight.

So, PB, after all of this bashing and you finally stick up for Ted. I didn't know you had it in 'ya. :D

heh heh......looks like I am stuck with Thompson for at least one more year, so if ya cant beat em, Join em.

I will say this though, all of these (BS/Fake?) press releases are not making things look good in Packerland. If any of these stories (that come off as being made up to sell papers) turn out to be true.......the entire Packer organization (not just Thompson) will be in for one hell of an ass-chewing from the fans, and that is putting things rather mildly. My concern here now, is that with all of these stories with quotes from anonymous sources coming out.........things are going to get uglier here, and eventually one of these guys is going to "get caught up in the moment" and say or do something that cant be taken back.

BallHawk
05-16-2007, 06:23 AM
TT could care less about the fans. They could call for his head and he'd laugh it off. That's what I like about him.

I imagine him being like Mayor Adam West from Family Guy.

Bretsky
05-16-2007, 07:35 AM
TT could care less about the fans. They could call for his head and he'd laugh it off. That's what I like about him.

I imagine him being like Mayor Adam West from Family Guy.

completely agree