PDA

View Full Version : Fire Harlan - Lynch Ron Wolf

Spaulding
05-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Figured if the masses are shooting for Thompson, why not take it up the chain and boot Harlan and sue Wolf for recomending TT.

Most have already seen the following article on JSOnline but I didn't realize how much the Packer organization had honed in on TT for GM.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604460

Below is a portion of it:

I told Ron I wanted to hire a general manager to totally run the football program, and I asked him if he could suggest a name for the general manager's job, and he didn't even hesitate. He said, "Absolutely. Ted Thompson.

On Oct. 19 I went to the Executive Committee and asked for permission to go after Ted Thompson after the season was over, and they gave me their approval.

Ted had been interviewed by Miami the previous season, and I had heard through other sources that the Dolphins were still interested in him. This was at the same time as the rumor was going around that Mike Reinfeldt might have a chance to take over the top job at Cleveland, and if he did he would make Ted his general manager. Ted was the only one I had in mind for our job, and if he hadn't been available Mike Sherman probably would still have been the general manager the next year.

Is barely three years into the job enough time for a GM to turn around a franchise which was obviously in decline since the Eagles debacle?