PDA

View Full Version : Show me the Playmakers

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Other than the obvious guys checked in red, show me the playmakers on Offense. Our Defense it starting to look pretty stacked, but it would be nice to put points on the board with our Offense too.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/trickyblue/teamhowbuilt2.jpg

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 03:44 PM
How'd you do that?

Rastak
05-14-2007, 03:45 PM
How'd you do that?

No shit, that's a pretty cool chart eh?

falco
05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think Jennings qualifies as a playmaker.

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
How'd you do that?

No shit, that's a pretty cool chart eh?

heh heh, well, about an hour ago, I was thinking about how everyone keeps talking about who we have picked up on Offense, without really naming anyone.

So, I downloaded a program called "Paint Shop Pro" that I used for editing a screen shot of the web page : http://www.packers.com/team/how_built/

I took the screen shots with another free program I just downloaded called "Gadwin Printscreen". I couldnt tell you much about the program, as I simply "googled" 'printscreen', and came up with this program out of many other choices.

Then, I uploaded the file to www.photobucket.com and used the IMG code in my post.

I have actually posted links to the Packers site before showing how the current team was built, but as it also seems with stats and facts, people kinda seem to ignore a lot of links too.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Me either; not yet at least.

That leaves Favre and Driver

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 04:46 PM

And whomever they might sign before the season starts in 4 months. And whomever might step up from the ranks of obscurity.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume that they will have somebody besides Favre and Driver contributing on offense by the time the season gets underway.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 04:57 PM

And whomever they might sign before the season starts in 4 months. And whomever might step up from the ranks of obscurity.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to assume that they will have somebody besides Favre and Driver contributing on offense by the time the season gets underway.

There will be several contributors; I believe the topic asked for playmakers.

In the past five years the playmakers I've witnessed on offense were Ahman Green, Javon Walker, Donald Driver, and Favre, whose play may not be what it once was. One could even argue he might not be one anymore.

Maybe the rookie RB becomes one.

If you have any hot leads on playmakers via free agency please let TT know. I hear Eric Torkelson wants to come back :lol:

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Sure, and maybe now that Moss is unavailable, we can get Jerry Rice to come out of retirement. :crazy:

Patler
05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Ahman Green was not a playmaker before being bannished by Holmgren. Given an opportunity in GB he became one.

In their own way, MAYBE Morrency, Jackson, Jones or Clowney can become one. Untill they are given a chance we just will not know.

Jennings certainly can be a playmaker. Before he was injured, in 5 games he had 20 receptions for 18.2 yds/recep, and 3 TDs. All we discussed on here about him at the time was his yards-after-catch abilities, which were quite impressive. He disappeared after the injury. No reason not to expect the y.a.c. abilities to re-appear with two healthy legs.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 05:19 PM
God, some of these threads are depressing as hell. It's still spring. Would it kill you to indulge in little hope?

Some of you guys make Wist look like a motivational speaker.

Rastak
05-14-2007, 05:40 PM
God, some of these threads are depressing as hell. It's still spring. Would it kill you to indulge in little hope?

Bwaahahaha.....I hear ya. It's the same in Viking land. I almost had to bring a barf bag to each home game last year (actually against the Jets I had a 103 temp 10 hours before game and 104 as I made my way the emergency room afterword) but despite the pain, I believe Chilly will repent and redeem. Why? I have no idea....maybe Adrian....

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Bwaahahaha.....I hear ya. It's the same in Viking land. I almost had to bring a barf bag to each home game last year (actually against the Jets I had a 103 temp 10 hours before game and 104 as I made my way the emergency room afterword) but despite the pain, I believe Chilly will repent and redeem. Why? I have no idea....maybe Adrian....

Lets ask Rastak; who on the Packer Roster scares you on offense ?

Joemailman
05-14-2007, 08:42 PM
I agree with Patler that Jennings was showing signs of being a playmaker before he injured his ankle. My sense is that is that the Packers have enough playmakers on offense to be at least a respectable offense if the OL improves as I expect it to. I think the Packers have a as much talent at the offensive skill positions as the Bears, who went to the Super Bowl last year. Like it or not, I think TT is building a team that, if successful, will be more noted for its defense and running game than its dynamic offense. Therefore, he is probably more concerned with strengthening the OL and DL than he is with skill positions on offense.

Scott Campbell
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Scott: Hey Joe, I like the monkey in your av.

Joe: Which one?

RashanGary
05-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Playmakers as of last year:

Kampman
Driver
Favre
Woodson

Potential Playmakers

Hawk
Harrell
Collins
Barnett
Jennings

Who the hell knows

Jones
Jackson
Morency
Corey Williams *7 sacks consistantly inside is a playmaker to me*

Potential solid guys

Clifton
Tauscher
Harris
Colledge
Spitz or Moll
Wells
Poppinga
Jenkins
Jolly *never know*
Underwood
Blackmon

Hell, Jon Ryan and whoever is kicking could step it up too. We could be better all around just from growth.

I just dont' think the team is that bad. Unproven? Yeah, but I see some guys and some things that could come together much like the Brewers this season. YOu just never know.

RashanGary
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Nobody heard of JJ Hardy, Ricky Weeks, Prince Fielder, Corey Hart, et al 2 years ago. You just never know how good the guys you have can be. I feel good about this young Packer team. I think Hawk for one will be a stud and a difference maker. When is the last time we had a true elite superstar on defense? I think we forget how much of a difference that side of the ball can make because we've sunk everything into the offense since Reggie left.

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:38 PM
You underrated Harris. He was usually blanketing the other teams 1 so he was never thrown at that much.