PDA

View Full Version : More from Favre......

PackerBlues
05-14-2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2&date=5/14/2007&id=23448

Brett Favre will not be at Green Bay's mandatory minicamp this weekend because of his daughter's upcoming graduation, he told a reporter in Mississippi this afternoon.

But in no way does that mean Favre is holding out to force a trade to play somewhere else, he said.

Favre told Al Jones, a reporter from the Biloxi Sun Herald, that he can't come to camp this weekend. His eldest daughter is graduating from high school and Favre was not expected to actually practice anyway because he is rehabilitating from ankle surgery.

However, concerned about local and national reports that Favre demanded a trade from Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson when the Randy Moss deal fell through, Favre called the Green Bay public relations office this morning to make this statement:

"I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay. I want to finish my career as a Packer. Sometimes when I get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me.

"As I said in February when I announced that I was coming back, I am excited about the young talent on our team and the improvements we're going to see from one year to the next. I really enjoy the young guys I'm playing with. I'm working hard down in Mississippi right now, rehabbing, and I plan to be in the best shape of my life.

"I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think we can be pretty good."

Jones said Favre told him early this afternoon that there was no way Favre would ever play for anyone else.

"I'm not going anywhere or playing for any other team," Favre told Jones. "I am a Packer and I want to retire as a Packer. Playing for anybody but the Packers would not be right."