PDA

View Full Version : Teammates not seeing much of Favre

Brainerd
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
(May 14, 2007) -- In the dispute that is Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers, league observers believe both sides can rightfully claim their points.

Favre's: During the past three off-seasons, Favre has watched six key offensive players, including three starting offensive linemen, defect from Green Bay.

Brett Favre is seeing few familiar faces in the huddle these days, and he's not happy about it.
Two offseasons ago, Green Bay opted not to re-sign guards Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera. Last offseason, Green Bay lost center Mike Flanagan and wide receiver Javon Walker. Then this offseason, the Packers watched tight end David Martin and running back Ahman Green leave.

Meanwhile, in the past three years, the only first-round draft choice the Packers have invested in an offensive player was a backup for Favre, quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

On these points, Favre has every right to be agitated. Green Bay has not gotten him the offensive help it could.

But Green Bay could make its arguments as well. Namely this: Favre has not helped the situation with his offseason absence from Green Bay.

While other franchise quarterbacks spend their offseasons at their team's training complexes, working to get down timing with wide receivers and tight ends, Favre has remained in Mississippi. The Packers don't remember seeing Favre at their training complex this offseason.

If this were happening in a place such as New York, where tight end Jeremy Shockey garners headlines for staying away from offseason drills, then Favre would be roundly criticized.

Favre has earned the right to spend his offseasons in the way he wants. But by staying away from Green Bay, some feel he forfeits the right to complain about the young talent surrounding him when he's not working with it.

Now the situation can be mildly corrected. Last offseason, when the Packers failed to land free-agent linebacker LaVar Arrington, the team turned its energies to cornerback Charles Woodson, and signed him. Now, with the Packers missing out on wide receiver Randy Moss, they can go and sign free-agent wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson, who has had some conversations with Green Bay.

Johnson would not be the cure-all. But he would help take away some of the disappointment hanging over Favre and his franchise.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Keyshawn Johnson does nothing for me

I'd actually rather have Eric Moulds.

or

Just see if the bodies we have a WR are NFL or NFL Europe. There is always next year

HarveyWallbangers
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Favre has spent his offseasons in Mississippi for 17 years. This is a dumb take. He'd probably be retired by now if they forced him to spend his entire winters in the cold (which he absolutely hates).
:D

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
iF THEY now SIGN kEYSHAWN,I will become a Vikings fan!

GBRulz
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM

Well, then at least you will have others who can join in your Favre bashing! :twisted:

Jimx29
05-14-2007, 09:51 PM
(May 14, 2007)
Meanwhile, in the past three years, the only first-round draft choice the Packers have invested in an offensive player was a backup for Favre, quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

errrmmm....have ya heard of a guy named A.J Hawk?? :roll:

But Green Bay could make its arguments as well. Namely this: Favre has not helped the situation with his offseason absence from Green Bay.

While other franchise quarterbacks spend their offseasons at their team's training complexes, working to get down timing with wide receivers and tight ends, Favre has remained in Mississippi. The Packers don't remember seeing Favre at their training complex this offseason.

errrmmm....have ya heard of ankle surgery?? :roll:

Who's the mis-informed douche bag that wrote this piece of dribble anyway?

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
My bashing is needed to balace your idolatry

HarveyWallbangers
05-14-2007, 09:52 PM
(May 14, 2007)

I didn't know Hawk played offense too.
:D

Jimx29
05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
(May 14, 2007)

I didn't know Hawk played offense too.
:D:doh:
I was so bored with the type that I skimmed right over "offense" :?

packinpatland
Quote? Quote from who?
Obviously nobody of any consequence.

b bulldog
Maybe they should try him at FB or TE.

Jimx29
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Or GM :)

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Or GM :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :doh:

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
TT has done some good things and we will soon have another season to judge him on.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:05 PM
TT has done some good things and we will soon have another season to judge him on.

You are absolutely right

He's fixed our cap
He had a great 06 draft from the looks of it
He made two good free agent signings

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Those are some good things. He did fire shermy.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:12 PM
He has also restocked the defense with young talent. This is kind of a rehab for me. As long as we stay on the defensive side I'll feel better

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
You are absolutely right

He's fixed our cap

What are you trying to do? Make a case to change your avatar and siggy?

RashanGary
05-14-2007, 10:24 PM

I agree. Thompson has done a great job not giving in to pressure. If he caves now, he's a complete idiot. The time was 3 weeks ago. Now you go with what you have unless something pops up.

Brainerd
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Who's the mis-informed douche bag that wrote this piece of dribble anyway?

Adam Schefter http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10181816

Merlin
05-15-2007, 09:04 PM

You are absolutely right

He's fixed our cap

Maybe I missed something. Woodson came on in the second half of the season but didn't do much before that. Who was the "other" "good" FA?

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 09:16 PM

You are absolutely right

He's fixed our cap

Maybe I missed something. Woodson came on in the second half of the season but didn't do much before that. Who was the "other" "good" FA?

Ryan Pickett.

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Woodson was excellent last year. Way better than I thought. He struggled the first handful of games, but was as good as any corner in the NFC the last 10 games.

Bretsky
05-15-2007, 10:32 PM

You are absolutely right

He's fixed our cap

Pickett was very solid

MadtownPacker
05-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, Woodson was almost shutdown good. Before TT signed him I kept saying that just maybe he needed to get the hell out of shithole oakland to revive his career and so far that looks to be the case.

Pickett also showed up too. TT put the big $$$ on both and they paid off.