PDA

View Full Version : Ted Thompson in 08...

packers11
05-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't want to jump to another season (this one has not even begun)...

but who gets the feeling T.T. will try to do something BIG between this/next season...

I think Favre calling him out has hurt T.T's ego... Now he knows EVERYONE is watching him because Favre has called him out... T.T. is known as the cheap G.M. who doesn't take risks... T.T. his hurt now, you don't want to hurt a turtle or he will snap back...

Therefor...

The TURTLE WILL COME OUT OF HIS SHELL!!! JUST YOU WAIT :)

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:36 PM
I do hope we will be starting Rodgers next season, it is now time to move on.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't want to jump to another season (this one has not even begun)...

but who gets the feeling T.T. will try to do something BIG between this/next season...

I think Favre calling him out has hurt T.T's ego... Now he knows EVERYONE is watching him because Favre has called him out... T.T. is known as the cheap G.M. who doesn't take risks... T.T. his hurt now, you don't want to hurt a turtle or he will snap back...

Therefor...

The TURTLE WILL COME OUT OF HIS SHELL!!! JUST YOU WAIT :)

This is what I think of TT doing something big next offseason

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM

there's the peanut gallery fan again :wink:

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Honestly, don't you tire of all of this Favre stuff? one thing is for sure, he isn't the national media darling anymore but I'm sure that is the least of his problems. Wouldn't a fresh start with ARod be refreshing??

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Honestly, don't you tire of all of this Favre stuff? one thing is for sure, he isn't the national media darling anymore but I'm sure that is the least of his problems. Wouldn't a fresh start with ARod be refreshing??

I phase it out. And while this stuff was not right, it didn't bother me much at all because I agreed with every word he said.

I'm not ready for AROD; I'm not sure I ever will. It's a shame that guy slipped to us a couple years ago; I'd be much more excited with Brady Quinn

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I think that if Brett would have given the organization a strong commitment, they may have passed on Rodgers but that is something only TT would know.

GBRulz
05-14-2007, 09:49 PM

The only refreshing thing about AR starting over Favre is that I will move up 50 spots instead of 10 each year on the season ticket waiting list.

HarveyWallbangers
05-14-2007, 09:49 PM
How can anybody want Rodgers to be the starter yet. He hasn't shown much. That doesn't mean I've given up on him, but he hasn't shined like Hasselbeck, Brunell, Schaub did in limited playing time. You'd have to be a real Favre hater to hope he leaves before seeing anything out of Rodgers. I watched the likes of Randy Wright, Blair Kiel, Anthony Dilweg too much to wish that a good QB retires.

As far as the Favre news. Overblown, but it was nice of you to jump on it immediately.

packinpatland
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM

I am sure you are speaking for yourself and maybe a handful of others.

Am I tired of all this 'Favre stuff'? Yes, I am. I wish the media would stop blowing things so far out of whack.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 09:53 PM
How can anybody want Rodgers to be the starter yet. He hasn't shown much. That doesn't mean I've given up on him, but he hasn't shined like Hasselbeck, Brunell, Schaub did in limited playing time. You'd have to be a real Favre hater to hope he leaves before seeing anything out of Rodgers. I watched the likes of Randy Wright, Blair Kiel, Anthony Dilweg too much to wish that a good QB retires.

As far as the Favre news. Overblown, but it was nice of you to jump on it immediately.

CLAPS HANDS FOR POST

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't know if ARod will be average yet I would love to see him get thye chance. Brett isn't a championship caliber QB anymore, I do know that.

packers11
05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
The only reason I would want Rodgers in is so we could get the #1 overall selection...
SO WE CAN SELECT A "PLAYMAKER" :lol:

Joemailman
05-14-2007, 09:55 PM
With few teams having salary cap problems, I would expect the free agent class to be poor again. Add to that the fact that the Packers shouldn't be losing much in free agency, and I don't see TT making a big splash in free agency. Look for him to continue to use his cap room to lock up players he deems worthy of keeping.

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 09:58 PM
This team is being built for the 08 or 09 season at almost every position except QB.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't know if ARod will be average yet I would love to see him get thye chance. Brett isn't a championship caliber QB anymore, I do know that.

Lots of non stereotypical championship QB's have won chamionships :roll: :roll:

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 10:01 PM
So have average QB's with great D's.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
This team is being built for the 08 or 09 season at almost every position except QB.

Yes, we are flamingly outstanding at RB, WR, TE, and Safety.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:02 PM

I'm completely missing whatever point you tried to make with this unless you are implying Favre could still win a title with the right people around him.

I can see you are going to go on your anti Favre drivel tangeant though

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 10:05 PM
I think Jackson will be a solid RB, the WR position has Driver,Jennings,Robinson,Clowney and Jones, I think we will be OK there also,Rouse,Underwood,Collins and Culver will give us two strong S but the TE position is a mystery.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I think Jackson will be a solid RB, the WR position has Driver,Jennings,Robinson,Clowney and Jones, I think we will be OK there also,Rouse,Underwood,Collins and Culver will give us two strong S but the TE position is a mystery.

Maybe you are right but you are counting on a lot of question marks

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 10:07 PM
And your going on and on with your proFavre banter :lol: My point was that with a strong D, Arod could be our Trent Dilfer.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:10 PM
And your going on and on with your proFavre banter :lol: My point was that with a strong D, Arod could be our Trent Dilfer.

I have not went on a pro favre banter in a long long time. I'd start but your hating has tired me.

I'm too busy discussing Moss; at least that is real news :wink:

And it's the offseason so we don't get much news

b bulldog
05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Once again, the real news is Moss landed where he will have his best shot at a championship and ultimately, where he wanted to go.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Once again, the real news is Moss landed where he will have his best shot at a championship and ultimately, where he wanted to go.

But I wanted to know the how and why; now that that seems to be out I'm bored again

retailguy
05-14-2007, 10:45 PM
But I wanted to know the how and why;

It all really IS about the hokey-pokey.

I can't help with the 'how', I have two left feet.

RashanGary
05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
bulldog, I'm sorry but it's not time for Rodgers. Brett might not go down as great as Brady but I'm pretty damn sure that he's a lot better than Rodgers.

That said, if we wouldn't have gone 4-12 2 years ago, we wouldn't have AJ Hawk, so yeah we could benefit long term if we lose Brett now.

Hakw is the BIGGEST reason I'm looking forward to the next season. He's flying a bit under the radar right now because it's the off season and nobody is seeing any news *he donsn't break the law* but he's a potential TRUE stud and he's willing to work is ass off. I think Hawk might be the new leader of this team and Brett can succeed with a good team around him.

If Brett has a good year this year and makes the playoffs, that is a bigger success than Brady unless he wins the SB. If Brady is so great, surely he should beable to take the best team to the SB.

Brainerd
05-14-2007, 11:03 PM
He'd have to play for more than a half without going down with a season ending injury to become a Trent Dilfer.

What part of having a QB that will be there every single week, week after week, with a strong desire to win don't you understand? Coaches want players they can count on to play, they can coach out weaknesses. Favre at this point in his career is still better than many QB's in the league. And certainly better than Rodgers or Rodgers would be playing.

What coach would play the 2nd best QB on the roster?

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 11:23 PM

2-14

GrnBay007
05-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Brett isn't a championship caliber QB anymore, I do know that.

We'll see. Please save some face and don't cheer him on this season. I think I would be ill.

Bretsky
05-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Brett isn't a championship caliber QB anymore, I do know that.

We'll see. Please save some face and don't cheer him on this season. I think I would be ill.

same old; when Favre plays real well minimal will be said but when Favre plays poorly the bashing will be full force

Freak Out
05-14-2007, 11:44 PM
TT's master plan better work or all he will be remembered for is being the guy that pushed Favre out of the NFL.

Patler
05-15-2007, 12:04 AM

I don't understand the negativity. Yes, the Packers are completely unproven at RB, Safety and WR other than Driver. But I see a small pool of players at each of those positions who could be decent, or might comletely suck. I am anxious for training camp to start so we can find out what they really are.

I have always enjoyed the uncertainty of new players being given the opportunity. It is exciting to see a Clifton or Tauscher move in and take over. It is rewarding seeing a Cullen Jenkins (or Paris Lenon on a different scale) develope from being lucky to make the final roster to being a legitimate contributer at some level. Of course, there are always disappointments, too, but I follow the packers for entertainment. During rebuilding the roster is like a big puzzle.

pbmax
05-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Do you really think the focus will be on "pushing" a 18 year vet to retire?

By definition, is that possible for anyone besides George Blanda?

TT's master plan better work or all he will be remembered for is being the guy that pushed Favre out of the NFL.

wist43
05-15-2007, 06:53 AM

I've been fighting this fight (systems) forever!!!!

The Packers could never function at a SB level with a Trent Dilfer - or for that matter an Aaron Rodgers - at the helm b/c of the offensive and defensive systems they run.

Baltimore runs a very aggressive attacking/blitz scheme on defense that generates a lot of pressure and creates confusion. The Packers run a very passive and predictable defense that rarely blitzes and has no chance of generating pressure with the blitz if their front four can't generate it. Hence, they'll never have a lights out defense that can carry the team to a championship.

Secondly, the Ravens offense is built around a big, power run blocking OL where the QB can just sit back and hand the ball off... the Packers offensive system is completely dependent on the QB, and they have a very small OL that can't move people off the ball or get the tough 3rd and 1. Hell, as often as not, 3rd and 1 is a passing down.

Without Favre this offense would be looking very, very dismal... no way do I want to see Aaron Rodgers under center.

b bulldog
05-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Look at the Bears, give them a healthy Brown and Harris in the Super Bowl and I think they would have had a much better chance and possibly could have won. Tommie Harris is the best DT in the league and he was sorely missed. Grossman is their QB if you remember. My wanting of Rodgers to take over isn't saying that he is now better than Brett but simply he could take his lumps this year and the brass could also see what they have in him so they can make a good judgement whether he can lead them in 08 when they will be contenders. Brett is stunting his growth. I did post when Brett played well last season, look it up and I feel the need to post when he plays poorly cause of all the excuses that are thrown about for him by the usual crowd and lets make a little wager on Brett's performance level 007, my bet is that he will again at best be 20/20 int/TD ratio give or take 2 and no playoffs :cry: .

Chester Marcol
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM

I can't wait to watch those games. Another 6-3 barn burner. Not sure what I'd rater watch more. That or paint drying. Favre has added an aspect to the game that keeps me watching even threw the crappy times. You just never know what he's going to do next. Who didn't like it when he got knocked goofy, ran back onto the field without approval, and threw a TD? I think that's why people love Favre. He may never have been the best QB, but I can only think of one other QB I liked watching as much and that would be Staubach.

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 02:37 PM

The Favre is furious that TT didn't land Randy Moss story hit the Montreal Gazette.

Don't try to convince us that what Brett Favre feels isn't news b bulldog.

As far as ARod over Favre?

Come on. Get a grip.

What have you seen in Aaron Rodgers to promote that choice b bulldog?

What logical reason would make that choice viable b bulldog?

prsnfoto
05-15-2007, 03:49 PM
With few teams having salary cap problems, I would expect the free agent class to be poor again. Add to that the fact that the Packers shouldn't be losing much in free agency, and I don't see TT making a big splash in free agency. Look for him to continue to use his cap room to lock up players he deems worthy of keeping.

Ted is that you? :D :D :D

b bulldog
05-15-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll say it yet again, ARod as it stands is the future at the QB position, when the team is ready to contend, I do not want a QB who is getting his first chance at starting. Never did I say that he was better than Brett just that I wish he could take his lumps and also Arod could show the brass if he can be the future QB. tHIS TEAM ISN'T NEAR A CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL, the QB isn't either.

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM

Tell that that to Lovie Smith.

Bretsky
05-15-2007, 06:36 PM

I don't understand the negativity. Yes, the Packers are completely unproven at RB, Safety and WR other than Driver. But I see a small pool of players at each of those positions who could be decent, or might comletely suck. I am anxious for training camp to start so we can find out what they really are.

I have always enjoyed the uncertainty of new players being given the opportunity. It is exciting to see a Clifton or Tauscher move in and take over. It is rewarding seeing a Cullen Jenkins (or Paris Lenon on a different scale) develope from being lucky to make the final roster to being a legitimate contributer at some level. Of course, there are always disappointments, too, but I follow the packers for entertainment. During rebuilding the roster is like a big puzzle.

A few things; I am excited to see the young bodies get a shot. But the race for a chamionship is what truly excited me, and that is why I'm not fond of the overall approach. I'm not into rebuilding in the NFL. Too dam slow IMO; but if TT wins a title I'll fully admit that I was completely wrong.

My post may have been a bit too brash; the extreme sarcasm was more in response to another anti Favre bash session.

retailguy
05-15-2007, 07:40 PM
My post may have been a bit too brash

Not by my standards... wait..... that's not saying much, is it? :cry: