PDA

View Full Version : Latest kffl Walker stuff

Rastak
04-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Packers | Team might have to rely on 2007 draft picks for Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:47:09 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Green Bay Packers might have to rely on 2007 draft picks as compensation for WR Javon Walker. It is believed the team wants a first-round draft pick in return for Walker, but most teams are offering other packages which include second-round picks from the 2006 NFL Draft. If a trade is not finalized by the afternoon of Saturday, April 29, the team will likely have to wait while teams offer draft picks for the 2007 NFL Draft.

and

Saints | Team says no to including Stallworth in a Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:40:05 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Green Bay Packers have had extensive discussions with the Denver Broncos and New Orleans Saints about a trade for WR Javon Walker. They both have high second-round picks, but the Packers have been firm about wanting a first. When the Packers tried to push for the Saints to include WR Donte' Stallworth in the compensation package, the Saints balked, a NFL source said.

ND72
04-29-2006, 07:16 AM
In My Opinion...if we got the Saints 2nd round, or the Denver high 2nd round, that's as good as a 1st round, cause we'd have 2 of the top 5 2nd round picks.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 07:56 AM
I agree ND. I also think, though, that if N.O. would be willing to give up next year's first, it'd be worth the wait. Cuz the Saints will be no better than 8 - 8 this year, and that translates into at least a mid-first round pick. And if they'd throw in a fourth this year, it'd be great.

gureski
04-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Latest has Walker with the Patriots right now....

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=137138

It also says Denver tried to keep him in Denver....so they could try and close a deal.

gureski
04-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Latest has Walker visiting with the Patriots right now....

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=137138

It also says Denver tried to keep him in Denver....so they could try and close a deal.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah, baby. Trade that unhappy, well-muscled guy! I'd love to see Ted come out of this draft with a couple of #2's and #3's.

No Mo Moss
04-29-2006, 10:02 AM
A number 2 this year and also one next year would be a great deal also.

Charles Woodson
04-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Dont know if this is true,

But a buddy of mine said that on ESPN Michael smith reported that walker and driver for lelie and the 15th pick or there thinking about it,

Dont know if this is true th, but still, i dont like it much

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I'd be shocked if Driver was a party in any of these trades.

Kiwon
04-29-2006, 10:08 AM

Ditto. Driver and Favre belong together.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 10:25 AM

Ditto. Driver and Favre belong together.

Beyond just that, I don't think there is any urgency to the Driver conerns. They'll be worked out over due time be two reasonable parties. There's a bigger sense of urgency with Walker because he's not reasonable.

esoxx
04-29-2006, 11:18 AM
If any Wallker trade occurs, it likely will be a 2 or 3 this year and include a conditional pick next year. I think that's fair. We get a valuable pick this year and if he goes off next season, we get a high pick. If he struggles we get mid-round. Fair for everyone as far as compensation. But I still say play hardball with the guy. Too much precedent being set here.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
If any Wallker trade occurs, it likely will be a 2 or 3 this year and include a conditional pick next year. I think that's fair. We get a valuable pick this year and if he goes off next season, we get a high pick. If he struggles we get mid-round. Fair for everyone as far as compensation. But I still say play hardball with the guy. Too much precedent being set here.

I want a 2 this year or wait til later. A 3 and conditional doesn't cut it. JW knee sounds like it is testing out very well. A healthy JW is worth a lot more.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 1:30 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

On Sirius NFL Radio, NFL.com's Gil Brandt says it was his understanding the Packers have a deal with the Broncos for Javon Walker, with Green Bay receiving a second-round pick.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 01:37 PM

Agreed - TT make it happen. We need lots of help - WR, Interior Line, QB (3rd), RB among others.... picks make it happen - look at the Steelers or Packers ('97) - we had like 14 drafted starters that year.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 01:40 PM
I would really like a second this year and a conditional pick next year depending on games played, and production.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm not ruleing out the chacne that Walker plays in GB next season.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Im thinking he might stay too but right now draft fever is high and I wanna see TT get some more picks. It's almost like getting new guns!