PDA

View Full Version : Ahman Green not surprised by Favre's frustration

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
It's really not all that noteworthy, but interesting. Like I said, I don't blame Favre for being frustrated. He wanted one last Super Bowl run, but has lost many guys that were his teammates for a long time--like Rivera, Wahle, Sharper, Henderson, Green, Longwell, etc. I don't blame Thompson for rebuilding. I don't have any problems with Ahman saying what he said here either.

Green not surprised by Favre's frustration

Houston Texans running back Ahman Green said the frustration that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre expressed in recent days was to be expected.

Green, who played for the Packers from 2000 to 2006, made his comments during an interview Tuesday night on Sirius NFL Radio. Green was asked about Favre's frustration after wide receiver Randy Moss was acquired by the New England Patriots. Favre wanted Moss to play in Green Bay.

"Wasn't surprised at all," Green said, referring to Favre's publicly expressed dissatisfaction. "With the stuff that had transpired the last several months with myself leaving, David Martin and William Henderson exiting, that basically brought on what happened this past weekend. It doesn't surprise me. The only thing I'm surprised about is it didn't happen any sooner.

"The things that he works with on the offense are kind of gone, myself as a runner helping him with the running game, Will blocking, David Martin one of the tight ends catching balls," Green said. "Randy Moss, bringing him to Green Bay would have been another weapon for his arsenal. With him not being there that just kind of added to the frustration."

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 01:00 PM
It's really not all that noteworthy, but interesting. Like I said, I don't blame Favre for being frustrated. He wanted one last Super Bowl run, but has lost many guys that were his teammates for a long time--like Rivera, Wahle, Sharper, Henderson, Green, Longwell, etc. I don't blame Thompson for rebuilding. I don't have any problems with Ahman saying what he said here either.

Green not surprised by Favre's frustration

Houston Texans running back Ahman Green said the frustration that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre expressed in recent days was to be expected.

Green, who played for the Packers from 2000 to 2006, made his comments during an interview Tuesday night on Sirius NFL Radio. Green was asked about Favre's frustration after wide receiver Randy Moss was acquired by the New England Patriots. Favre wanted Moss to play in Green Bay.

"Wasn't surprised at all," Green said, referring to Favre's publicly expressed dissatisfaction. "With the stuff that had transpired the last several months with myself leaving, David Martin and William Henderson exiting, that basically brought on what happened this past weekend. It doesn't surprise me. The only thing I'm surprised about is it didn't happen any sooner.

"The things that he works with on the offense are kind of gone, myself as a runner helping him with the running game, Will blocking, David Martin one of the tight ends catching balls," Green said. "Randy Moss, bringing him to Green Bay would have been another weapon for his arsenal. With him not being there that just kind of added to the frustration."

''Houston Texans running back Ahman Green said the frustration that Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre expressed in recent days was to be expected.'' fr. above

NO KIDDING !!!!

An ugly off season for Brett Favre.

True respect, trust and astuteness on TT's part. In regard for Favre's hope's and loyality to our team, and to enable us to make the next step in 2007?

Ted Thompson failed BIG time and that will be clearly demonstrated by our poor record in this campaign.

The TT way isn't working and it won't work.

His way is a clear definition of his selfishness and incompetence.

Brett Favre had every reason to vent after TT's no show in this off season.

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Ahman Green has always been a pretty low-key kinda guy. It says alot for him to make a statement like this. Don't think he would have if he didn't have a great deal of respect for Favre.

Rastak
05-15-2007, 01:18 PM
The latest from PFT.com:

POSTED 10:05 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 10:55 a.m. EDT, May 15, 2007

FAVRE, THOMPSON DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER

The root of the recent turmoil in Green Bay between the front office and quarterback Brett Favre boils down to one reality.

Favre doesn't like G.M. Ted Thompson, and Thompson doesn't like Favre. Neither man will ever say it, but we're told that it's true.

A year ago, we had heard from reliable sources that Favre's wishy-washy routine about his return in 2006 was intended in part to twist Thompson's tail.

This time around, it appears that there is a major trust issue between Favre and Thompson, especially in light of the now-deleted posts on Favre's web site from his friend/pilot "DavidPHX" regarding the apparent arrangement that, if Favre announced his plans to return before the Super Bowl, Thompson would try to upgrade the talent. With no apparent upgrade, Favre feels that Thompson didn't keep his end of the bargain.

Although Favre's fury has been calmed for now, it remains to be seen whether he continues to play nice. A source with knowledge of the situation says that the team will pursue receiver Keyshawn Johnson in an effort to placate Favre.

But, as we see it, Keyshawn doesn't add enough to the passing game to make up for the lack of an established tailback; the presence of Randy Moss might have.

The sore point in all of this continues to be the failure of the team to land Moss. As we hear it, part of Favre's frustration is that the team waited too long to make a move, in the hopes that the price tag for the trade would drop. The problem is that, by the time the price dropped, the Patriots were on the radar screen.

So by dilly-dallying, Thompson missed out on a chance to make Favre feel better about the quality of the roster heading into what could be his final NFL season. And that only has made Favre feel worse about Thompson.

The players, we're told, generally support Favre on this one. Not because it was right for him to speak out (arguably, it wasn't), but because he's the leader of the team and his teammates love him.

And they don't want to have to play with the alternative to Favre: Aaron Rodgers

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry, I just don't buy any of it.

Except the part about fellow player support.

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM
The latest from PFT.com:

POSTED 10:05 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 10:55 a.m. EDT, May 15, 2007

FAVRE, THOMPSON DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER

The root of the recent turmoil in Green Bay between the front office and quarterback Brett Favre boils down to one reality.

Favre doesn't like G.M. Ted Thompson, and Thompson doesn't like Favre. Neither man will ever say it, but we're told that it's true.

A year ago, we had heard from reliable sources that Favre's wishy-washy routine about his return in 2006 was intended in part to twist Thompson's tail.

This time around, it appears that there is a major trust issue between Favre and Thompson, especially in light of the now-deleted posts on Favre's web site from his friend/pilot "DavidPHX" regarding the apparent arrangement that, if Favre announced his plans to return before the Super Bowl, Thompson would try to upgrade the talent. With no apparent upgrade, Favre feels that Thompson didn't keep his end of the bargain.

Although Favre's fury has been calmed for now, it remains to be seen whether he continues to play nice. A source with knowledge of the situation says that the team will pursue receiver Keyshawn Johnson in an effort to placate Favre.

But, as we see it, Keyshawn doesn't add enough to the passing game to make up for the lack of an established tailback; the presence of Randy Moss might have.

The sore point in all of this continues to be the failure of the team to land Moss. As we hear it, part of Favre's frustration is that the team waited too long to make a move, in the hopes that the price tag for the trade would drop. The problem is that, by the time the price dropped, the Patriots were on the radar screen.

So by dilly-dallying, Thompson missed out on a chance to make Favre feel better about the quality of the roster heading into what could be his final NFL season. And that only has made Favre feel worse about Thompson.

The players, we're told, generally support Favre on this one. Not because it was right for him to speak out (arguably, it wasn't), but because he's the leader of the team and his teammates love him.

And they don't want to have to play with the alternative to Favre: Aaron Rodgers

That looks very accurate.

Ted Thompson failed the entire team when he didn't show the guts to go all out to add Randy Moss after an off season of more loss's for our offense.

Many of you can try to defend TT on this one but it's obvious that he failed and I say that has to be due to one or both of these.

Postering (again) and or just plain incompetence to demonstrate the qualities it takes to be a sound GM.

I can't wait till he's exposed clearly and GONE !!!

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 01:29 PM

but you are in here alot and surely are following it all.

NOT alot to follow either. :)

Merlin
05-15-2007, 01:30 PM
What? Favre and TT don't like each other? WOW, who could have predicted that...

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 01:32 PM

This sounds like 'high school' stuff.

It's the tone of this article that sounds wrong. I agree with TT not doing all that could be done etc......
An article like this just seems trite and petty.

Merlin
05-15-2007, 01:33 PM
You have to know that "men" are nothing more then big boys.

Rastak
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM

I'm pretty sure TT and Favre ain't best buddies.....

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 01:37 PM

And men don't understand PMS in women............... :roll:

Merlin
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh they understand it, that's why they run away!

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 01:39 PM

This is a given. I just don't like the conjecture of Favre's every move.

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Oh they understand it, that's why they run away!

My husband went to Home Depot hours ago.............. :lol:

Merlin
05-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Smart man!

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM

This sounds like 'high school' stuff.

It's the tone of this article that sounds wrong. I agree with TT not doing all that could be done etc......
An article like this just seems trite and petty.

Got your take now. :)

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 01:56 PM

Bet the house on that.

Packnut
05-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Even the most ardent Thompson backers have to admit that Teddy does everything as cheap as possible. He acts like it's his money which I just don't get. Fixing the cap is one thing, but there are no winners for who has the most cash or who has the most draft choices.

It's a very troubling pattern and quite frankly, it's surprising that some choose to ignore it. From the Walker fiasco down through the Moss mistake, it's always the same with him. He's always trying to low-ball.

The amount of mistakes are starting to add up and while a few believe there's nothing wrong with him making mistakes, it's hurting our team. Thompson's job is to do what-ever it takes to put the best team out there. He has without a doubt failed. Don't tell me we are a better team without Javon Walker cause I'll call you a liar. That move hurt us big-time and has caused a chain of events like the Moss mis-fire to take place.

No matter how hard I try, I just can't understand the "may-be" crowd. I prefer to base my opinions on what I see on the field, not what "might be". Can Bubba recover? Yes it's possible but it's not likely. Can the young guys step up? Of course and they should, but not to the degree that some think.

We still have a huge problem scoring points and the only defense the Thompson crowd has is the young guys will improve. Well that's all fine and dandy but where will the points come from? If we suffer any kind of injury to DD, our season is over plain and simple. How is it football smart to take that chance? History tells us that the 2 new WR's will have very little impact so if Jennings does'nt take a HUGE step forward, this offense will be anemic.

Also, this is year 2 of the ZBS experiment. It's totaly un-realistic to believe that it will improve all that much. I laugh every time someone posts that Morency is the answer. Houston gave him the #1 RB slot and he failed. Yeah, he's a good back-up but that's it. Is it possible for Beach or Pope to take over? Yes, but until it happens or until they show production on the field, it's foolish to count on them.

I do like Brandon Jackson and I believe he'll contribute, but he's not a game-breaker. He's not a home run threat. He'll be a solid guy IF he can stay healthy.

Favre has every right to be upset and so do the fans. Like I said before, 3 years is enough time to fix the problems that have jumped out. I wanna see a 15-20% improvment in ppg, RZ efficency and rushing offense. If we do not have those than Teddy has failed plain and simple. If we do improve in those 3 areas than I'll be first in line pushing for a 5 year Thompson contract extension, but either way this season has to be a breaking point one way or the other.

mraynrand
05-15-2007, 02:25 PM
The latest from PFT.com:

That's authoritative!

mraynrand
05-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Favre surprised Ahman Green Left His albuterol at Lambeau

Some people we know talked to Favre today and they say (really) that Favre was kinda surprised by Ahman Green's comments. Moreover, Favre was surprised Green left Green Bay without picking up his asthma medication at Lambeau Field. 'I'm sure they Have a Walgreens in Houston,' Favre reportedly said. 'I hope for Green's sake they do, because without his asthma medication, he won't be able to play any more than on first down.' 'I remember the good old days,' Favre was thought to have thought, according to our sources, 'When Ahman would get us near the goal line and then go take a breather. Najeh ususally couldn't get us a TD, but at least Ahman got us close - and he was breathing easy on the sidelines.'

packrulz
05-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I can understand Brett's opinion but would Moss really make the Packers that much better? He's over 30, and the last couple years he hasn't done much, plays hard when he wants to, lets up on plays when the ball isn't coming to him, and complains when he doesn't get the ball enough. I'm not so sure he's such a dynamic player anymore. TT drafted 2 WR's, 2 RB's, a TE, a LT, & a kicker, 7 offensive players, 8 if Hall makes it at FB, out of 11 picks, so TT IS trying to get Brett some help on offense. I think TT should've made the trade for Moss, but I also think Al Davis was pissed at him for trying to lowball him. Moss might be great for the Patriots but it's not a given, he might be a pain in the ass for them too. We'll see.

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I can understand Brett's opinion but would Moss really make the Packers that much better? He's over 30, and the last couple years he hasn't done much, plays hard when he wants to, lets up on plays when the ball isn't coming to him, and complains when he doesn't get the ball enough. I'm not so sure he's such a dynamic player anymore. TT drafted 2 WR's, 2 RB's, a TE, a LT, & a kicker, 7 offensive players, 8 if Hall makes it at FB, out of 11 picks, so TT IS trying to get Brett some help on offense. I think TT should've made the trade for Moss, but I also think Al Davis was pissed at him for trying to lowball him. Moss might be great for the Patriots but it's not a given, he might be a pain in the ass for them too. We'll see.

Brett Favre is no dummy and he appears to think that Moss would have added alot to our chance to win.

Isn't that where this lives?

woodbuck27
05-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Favre surprised Ahman Green Left His albuterol at Lambeau

Some people we know talked to Favre today and they say (really) that Favre was kinda surprised by Ahman Green's comments. Moreover, Favre was surprised Green left Green Bay without picking up his asthma medication at Lambeau Field. 'I'm sure they Have a Walgreens in Houston,' Favre reportedly said. 'I hope for Green's sake they do, because without his asthma medication, he won't be able to play any more than on first down.' 'I remember the good old days,' Favre was thought to have thought, according to our sources, 'When Ahman would get us near the goal line and then go take a breather. Najeh ususally couldn't get us a TD, but at least Ahman got us close - and he was breathing easy on the sidelines.'

Brett Favre cares ALOT. :)

gureski
05-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Also, this is year 2 of the ZBS experiment. It's totaly un-realistic to believe that it will improve all that much. I laugh every time someone posts that Morency is the answer. Houston gave him the #1 RB slot and he failed. Yeah, he's a good back-up but that's it. Is it possible for Beach or Pope to take over? Yes, but until it happens or until they show production on the field, it's foolish to count on them.

The statement about Morency being given the chance to start in Houston is incorrect. He was not handed the starting job or given the opportunity to be the starter. Morency got ONE start for the Texans in 2005 and if memory serves me right, it was the last game of the season. I have looked that info up in the past and I had been watching Morency as a potential FF guy so I know he wasn't given the chance to be the man in Houston. Morency was selected by the Capers staff and traded by the Kubiak staff during Kubiak's first training camp. By joining the Packers last year, Morency was playing for his third head coach in 2 years and in his third offense in 2 years. The guy is a high third round pick from 2005! He was a single digits pick in the third round for Houston in 2005. B.Jackson was the 2nd to the last pick in the 2nd round this year! How many Packer fans would give up on Jackson after 2 years with 3 coaches and 3 different offense's thrown at him?

All I'm saying is that Morency deserves more credit than many are giving him. He's a viable, talented option. He can be part of a solution at RB. Stop acting like he's someone else's junk. He's not a recycled RB like R.Droughns. Morency is young and had been through a lot. He flashed some potential last year. You can not like him as an option but you ought to be fair and factual in your comments about him while making your case.

HarveyWallbangers
05-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I don't buy anything that PFT throws out there anymore. Too many of their articles have turned to rubbish. They are one step up from Arrigo, IMHO.

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 04:41 PM
I honestly never read anything from that site, other than what is posted here, and it's never been acurate yet.

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 05:53 PM
David Martin one of the tight ends catching balls

I don't think Favre is sweating that one....

Kiwon
05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Ahman Green has always been a pretty low-key kinda guy. It says alot for him to make a statement like this. Don't think he would have if he didn't have a great deal of respect for Favre.

I agree completely.

retailguy
05-15-2007, 06:16 PM

I agree completely.

Ahman Green was not a rumor monger, nor did he whine and complain. I cannot ever remember him bitching about his contract or management or anything like that.

Having him voice an opinion is not a good thing.

Ted's getting a bit of backlash...

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 06:23 PM
Talk about overblown..... :roll:

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Nevermind.

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 06:49 PM

We know everything we need to know - run away as fast as you can.

You and Merlin collaborate on that one?

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
The latest from PFT.com:

That's authoritative!

Maybe they were told that by Brett's pilot. Or maybe it was this guy:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/87/Barney.gif

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Ouch!!

retailguy
05-15-2007, 07:45 PM

We know everything we need to know - run away as fast as you can.

You and Merlin collaborate on that one?

they are TWINS! I KNEW IT... :twisted:

mraynrand
05-16-2007, 12:15 AM
The latest from PFT.com:

That's authoritative!

Maybe they were told that by Brett's pilot. Or maybe it was this guy:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/87/Barney.gif

LOL