PDA

View Full Version : Moss bashing in Oaktown

b bulldog
05-15-2007, 06:02 PM
He said that he is too old to practice on Wed and Thurs but not on Sunday. The article also stated that he was out of shape more often than not and he is a wr who needs to stay outside the numbers. Basicly, they said he can still be a talent but he is on his downside in their opinion.

Kiwon
05-15-2007, 06:03 PM
We can expect more of this :twisted:

BallHawk
05-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Without question he is diminishing in his talents. All the teams knew that. The only question is how much does Randy have left? I say 3 years, at the most.

Bretsky
05-15-2007, 06:36 PM
What would one expect Oakland to say ?

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 06:38 PM

Just win baby.

Joemailman
05-15-2007, 06:41 PM

Just win baby.

Actually, I think they said, Just Leave Baby.

b bulldog
05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
The Packers weren't that way when Walker left, I guess our team has more class.

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Walsh: Moss' skills were 'diminishing' on Raiders

ESPN.com news services

Brett Favre was so angry that the Green Bay Packers didn't trade for Randy Moss that he called out the organization. Well, not everybody shares his high opinion of the wide receiver.

"Randy Moss is a player whose skills are diminishing, and he's in denial of those eroding skills," former Raiders offensive coordinator Tom Walsh told the Boston Globe for Sunday's edition. "Randy was a great receiver, but he lacked the work ethic and the desire to cultivate any skills that would compensate for what he was losing physically later in his career.

"He told me last year, 'I'm too old to practice on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm not too old to play on Sunday.' Did they start a senior league?"

Walsh was fired, along with head coach Art Shell, after Oakland's 2-14 season. Moss was shopped by the new Raiders regime and finally landed in New Endland.

Walsh doesn't know if Moss can be the consistent threat that the Patriots hope they're pairing with quarterback Tom Brady.

"When he's right, he still makes an impact," Walsh told the Globe. "He looked like a world-beater in a preseason game against the Lions. I never thought he was difficult to coach, but we expected him to be a complete receiver and he wasn't. His whole game in Minnesota was outside the numbers. For him to run shallow crosses and in-routes was new for him. Initially, he showed all the interest but later on ... I don't know."

The Patriots are banking on Moss adapting to the one-for-all work ethic that has helped the Patriots win three of the last six Super Bowls. Walsh isn't so sure.

"Randy Moss has great football IQ," Walsh told the paper. "He's tremendously gifted. I think he can still play, but his legs will determine how much work he can handle. We used to take him out of Friday practices because the quarterbacks wanted the receivers running near game tempo and when Randy was on the field, the whole practice slowed down so much we started giving him the day off. Once he got discouraged, he just faded."

Moss himself blames the losing he experienced in Oakland.

"I think what I have done in the past as far as losing and sometimes getting out of control, I think it's just my competitive nature of wanting to win and helping my team get into a position to win," he said in a conference call after the trade to New England. "Like I said, losing sometimes can get contagious, but as a player I can't let that settle in, and I think that's one of the things that bothered me [in Oakland]. I didn't want it to set in and it didn't set in. It was just really nerve-racking that it was hard for me to win."

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 07:33 PM
..............I think it's just my competitive nature...........

Where was his competitive nature when he walked off the field during a game?

Where was his competitive nature when he quit on his team?

The guy acts like he's Jordan, with 6 rings. He never even played in a Superbowl. I can't stand a guy that blames the organization for him sucking, and getting pooped in practice. What an A-hole.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

retailguy
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
..............I think it's just my competitive nature...........

Where was his competitive nature when he walked off the field during a game?

Where was his competitive nature when he quit on his team?

The guy acts like he's Jordan, with 6 rings. He never even played in a Superbowl. I can't stand a guy that blames the organization for him sucking, and getting pooped in practice. What an A-hole.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make.

So, you've resorted to talking to yourself now, huh? :P :twisted: :wink:

oregonpackfan
05-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Walsh: Moss' skills were 'diminishing' on Raiders

ESPN.com news services

Brett Favre was so angry that the Green Bay Packers didn't trade for Randy Moss that he called out the organization. Well, not everybody shares his high opinion of the wide receiver.

"Randy Moss is a player whose skills are diminishing, and he's in denial of those eroding skills," former Raiders offensive coordinator Tom Walsh told the Boston Globe for Sunday's edition. "Randy was a great receiver, but he lacked the work ethic and the desire to cultivate any skills that would compensate for what he was losing physically later in his career.

"He told me last year, 'I'm too old to practice on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm not too old to play on Sunday.' Did they start a senior league?"

Walsh was fired, along with head coach Art Shell, after Oakland's 2-14 season. Moss was shopped by the new Raiders regime and finally landed in New Endland.

Walsh doesn't know if Moss can be the consistent threat that the Patriots hope they're pairing with quarterback Tom Brady.

"When he's right, he still makes an impact," Walsh told the Globe. "He looked like a world-beater in a preseason game against the Lions. I never thought he was difficult to coach, but we expected him to be a complete receiver and he wasn't. His whole game in Minnesota was outside the numbers. For him to run shallow crosses and in-routes was new for him. Initially, he showed all the interest but later on ... I don't know."

The Patriots are banking on Moss adapting to the one-for-all work ethic that has helped the Patriots win three of the last six Super Bowls. Walsh isn't so sure.

"Randy Moss has great football IQ," Walsh told the paper. "He's tremendously gifted. I think he can still play, but his legs will determine how much work he can handle. We used to take him out of Friday practices because the quarterbacks wanted the receivers running near game tempo and when Randy was on the field, the whole practice slowed down so much we started giving him the day off. Once he got discouraged, he just faded."

Moss himself blames the losing he experienced in Oakland.

"I think what I have done in the past as far as losing and sometimes getting out of control, I think it's just my competitive nature of wanting to win and helping my team get into a position to win," he said in a conference call after the trade to New England. "Like I said, losing sometimes can get contagious, but as a player I can't let that settle in, and I think that's one of the things that bothered me [in Oakland]. I didn't want it to set in and it didn't set in. It was just really nerve-racking that it was hard for me to win."

This article describes Randy Moss in three words, "Wasted Talent" and "Unprofessional."

Brett Favre and Packer fans need to realize it was in the best interests of the team not to make Moss a Packer.

Rastak
05-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Wasn't that what I have been saying all along? And I got the sour grapes routine from you guys (and gals).

oregonpackfan
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Wasn't that what I have been saying all along? And I got the sour grapes routine from you guys (and gals).

I was never an advocate of the Packers acquiring Moss. Rastak. I have been supportive of you all the way on this matter.

retailguy
05-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Not all of us. And, by the way. Quit your griping. :P

You hang out with us because you love us, and we're a hell of a lot more friendly then those damn Viking fans you hang out with!. :wink:

Rastak
05-15-2007, 08:11 PM

I was never an advocate of the Packers acquiring Moss. Rastak. I have been supportive of you all the way on this matter.

He is fun to watch, that's for sure....but eventually his really really odd outlook on life will bite your team in the arse, and that's why it is most likely a good idea to stay away from him. Can't wait to see what happens in NE.

packinpatland
05-15-2007, 08:13 PM
My next door neighbor is a Viking fan, (how weird is that?), we never talk football. That's keeping us good neighbors. :)
............he does get alittle ticked off when I float the cheeseheads in the pool at parties. :wink: