Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:26 PM
wow

Bretsky
WOW; DONTE WHITNER ?????????????????/

Fosco33
Did the Bills almost pull a Minnesota? What's with Donte?

OS PA
Reach!

Tarlam!
That's being called a reach by Sirius...

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, thats really, really surprising. Donte Whitner at 8. I haven't seen him in the top 15 anywhere!!

Two Big ten guys gone already!! :D Too bad none are badgers

imscott72
Hmm Whitner?? A little high for him isn't it??? Wow....

Rastak
Donte Whitner
S, Ohio State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a tough, explosive defender all over the field. Excels in the box; can blitz off the corner and get to the quarterback. Is aggressive vs. the run; understands blocking schemes and closes quickly to the ball carrier. Can make plays in the open field; is a sure tackler. Is versatile vs. the pass; can play on the perimeter in man-to-man coverage. Can jam and redirect receivers at the line. Has excellent hands and ball skills. Plays with a high motor. Could contribute right away on special teams.

Weaknesses: Played strong safety in college but is a bit small and projects better as a free safety in the NFL. Started only one year in college. Lacks great recognition skills and is slow to react to play fakes. Must improve overall strength to be a run stopper in the NFL. Get pushed around at times. A knee injury in 2004 raises some durability concerns.

Bottom line: Whitner is the most versatile secondary prospect and can play all the positions in the defensive backfield. His ability to play man-to-man coverage will make him valuable right away in nickel and dime packages. His limited starting experience is a concern, but his talent is unquestioned and should warrant a second-round selection.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is an in-the-box safety who knows how to hit. Is a junior who plays hard. Shows good straight-line speed to close on the ball. Rarely gets caught out of position. Reads plays well, and gets a good jump. Is not great in coverage; lacks ideal quickness and change-of-direction skills. Shows good intangibles. Is a bit small.
No. 3 on Pompei's safety rankings

Deputy Nutz
Buffalo Just takes Donte Whitner!!!! What the hell is going on here?!

I thought he was a top 20 pick. Not a top 8!!!!

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM
First real surprise of the draft.

How has their not been a trade yet? There has been HUGE potential with the Texans, NO, and then the bills right there.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2006, 12:28 PM

Good it just lets another player slip down to the Packs 2nd rounder!!

OS PA
04-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Lions - Leinart
Cardinals - Jay Cutler

???

Rastak

I thought he was a top 20 pick. Not a top 8!!!!Yea, a bit surprising.
Lions at 9....hmmmm, they just signed a bevey of QB's. Huff is gone.
Davis gone. Maybe they take Cutler or leinert.

Rastak
Lions - Leinart
Cardinals - Jay Cutler

???
I think so.

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Any chance Cutler fall to us in the 2nd?

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 12:26 p.m.

By Rick Klauer
Quotes from the GM
Some notes and quotes from Packers GM Ted Thompson after picking A.J. Hawk:

- "By the far the best athlete at his position."

- "He can play any of the three spots."

- Regarding moving up or down in the draft: "We had discussions with teams to do both. I was inclined to do it," ... but was afraid of losing out on Hawk.

- "We went through a lot of pain and heartache to pick at this No. 5 spot."

- "I felt strongly A.J. Hawk was the guy I wanted."

- Regarding taking Hawk over TE Vernon Davis: "He (Davis) would have been a good fit here. But we felt like at this point and time....we just thought A.J. Hawk was the best fit."

Partial
Leinart's time to shine?!?

Anti-Polar Bear

What are you, an idiot. Dont you know the importance of having an all pro S? You must think like thompson and want to draft a slow LB instead.

Deputy Nutz
This is the goofiest draft that I ever witnessed!!! The Packers pick is one of the most logical of them all.

GBRulz
TT just said he doubts Walker will be traded this weekend. He is standing firm on not being on the low end of a trade. basicallythey let JW explore options as the "due dillegence thing to do"

Rastak
Any chance Cutler fall to us in the 2nd?

Less than zero.

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I swear I just heard something about the Packers and Bush on NFL Network in the background. Anyone confirm?

Partial
04-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Great TT quotes.

This pick puts him in higher regard in my mind. Sure, he could have gone for the freakish offensive athlete, but he went for the blue collar scrappy straight up baller. I love it!

Rastak
I swear I just heard something about the Packers and Bush on NFL Network in the background. Anyone confirm?What, they called the Packers "Bush" on the NFL network?

CyclonePackFan
Detroit takes Sims

Scott Campbell
I'm a little surprised that we haven't seen a trade yet.

Partial
Whoa!

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 12:33 PM
With the 9th pick in the draft the Lions take Chad Jackson?

No, I am sorry, Ernie Sims

CyclonePackFan
Whoa!

No kidding! I can't believe they didn't take a receiver!

Rastak
Except for all those concussions, the dude can really play.

Ernie Sims
OLB, Florida State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a fast, athletic and tenacious sideline-to-sideline linebacker who always is around the ball. Shows great quickness in pursuit; takes good angles, uses upper-body strength to fight through traffic and explodes into ball carriers. Shows good awareness and athleticism in coverage. Drops quickly in zones and matches up well with tight ends and running backs in man-to-man. Until ready to start, can play in the nickel because of elite coverage and ball skills. Has the speed and mentality to contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size, and must strengthen lower body to hold his ground at the point of attack. Tends to allow blockers to get into body and ride him out of plays. Tries to avoid blockers; can get caught out of position. Sometimes is too aggressive in open field. Lacks great blitz instincts. Is a considerable character and durability concern -- altercation with girlfriend in summer of \u201805 led to police getting involved, and he broke his ankle in '05 and sustained multiple concussions in college.

Bottom line: Sims fits the profile of the Tampa-2 weakside linebacker and brings the speed, athleticism and playmaking flair many seek. He lacks strength at the point of attack but only three years out of high school, he is a hard worker with potential to bulk up. Sims could be drafted toward the end of the first round.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is big, fast and explosive hitter. Cover much ground quickly. Has a nice closing burst with great hustle. Can dodge blockers, but when they get to him, he sometimes gets hung up. Takes some false steps. Is sometimes a bit undisciplined as a playmaker. Must learn better blitz technique. Has some medical issues and off-field baggage. Is on the short side. Could play either middle or weak side.
No. 3 on Pompei's OLB rankings

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
I think it's a little early for Sims, but Sims is perfect for the turf and Hawk is perfect anywhere, but especially at Lambeau.
:D

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:34 PM

I am also surprised.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:35 PM
So the Cardinals are gifted Matt Leinart?

Partial
Ras, do you post at any vikings forums?

GBRulz
just an FYI, TT's live conference is on wfrv.com

Scott Campbell
Ras, do you post at any vikings forums?

The Vikings have forums?

Rastak

I am also surprised.Leinert on the phone...with Denny?

motife
Pro Football Weekly :

5. Green Bay Packers: OLB A.J. Hawk, Ohio State
The key to this pick was Javon Walker. Had the Packers been able to deal him before the draft, they would have selected Vernon Davis. However, the Packers were not willing to accept less than a first-round pick in exchange for Walker and Denver could not produce one to make it happen, despite some last-ditch efforts to secure the Seahawks' 31st pick to complete the trade. The Browns tried hard to come up to this spot and secure the top defensive player on their board, but the Packers refused to part with the pick. Outside of Nick Barnett, the Packers do not have any starting-caliber linebackers on their roster. The overachieving Hawk is very, very consistent and will exceed expectations and be a model of consistency for the Packers' defense. He is the personification of small-town America and his no-nonsense personality will blend in nicely in the community.

mngolf19
But with Leinert going to Cards, will Rams take Cutler?

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 12:36 PM
About time

Rastak
Matt Leinart
QB, USC

War Room analysis
Arm strength: Has the ideal height and frame. Makes all the necessary throws. Drives the ball downfield. Uses long arms and big hands well. Had elbow surgery for tendonitis but is back to putting more zip on the ball and delivering passes into tight spots. Grade: 8.3.

Accuracy/delivery: Is very accurate with a nice touch. Hits receivers in stride and away from defenders but long lefthanded motion might allow NFL defensive backs to jump throws. Has a high release point that receivers love. Never gets a pass batted down. Sets up quickly and shows good footwork. Grade: 8.9.

Field vision: Has the height to easily see over offensive line. Reads defenses well and finds open receivers quickly. Reads coverage better than several current NFL passers. Grade: 8.9.

Running ability: Has adequate straight-line speed but below-average mobility. Isn't a running threat; struggles against pressure when flushed to the right. Has great awareness and pocket presence, however. Has improved ability to sidestep and keep plays alive. Grade: 8.5.

Intangibles: Is a tremendous leader whom teammates trust. Is poised and confident under pressure; doesn't get rattled easily. Is a tough competitor and a proven winner. Has great attitude and passion for the game. Grade: 8.9.

Bottom line: Leinart has the skills to be a fine NFL quarterback, and he excelled in an NFL-style offense at USC. He is a lefty, so the team that drafts him must invest heavily in an elite right tackle. He still must strengthen his upper body, but he seems to have overcome his minor durability concerns. Although Leinart is not as athletically gifted as Vince Young, his overall skills and strengths make him a better pro prospect. He should be the first QB drafted.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is big, poised and skilled -- in the mold of the Colts' Peyton Manning. Is a proven winner and leader who quarterbacked Southern Cal to a 37-2 record. Is lefthanded. Lacks elite arm strength, but has enough to throw out-routes. More important, is very accurate. Hits receivers in stride, and throws with a nice touch. Makes good decisions, and knows how to read defenses. Is as ready for the NFL as a quarterback could. Avoids pass rushers well. Knows when to throw away the ball. Shows excellent instincts.
No. 1 on Pompei's QB rankings

Partial
Wow, Leinart looks kind of mad. At the very least, not at all excited.

Fosco33
Good for the Cards - now with Leiny and Edge with a new stadium. Interesting...

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
AJ can be heard on Packers.com any minute now...

motife
04-29-2006, 12:37 PM
Scouts, Inc.

5. Green Bay Packers
The pick: A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State
Scouts take: We thought Green Bay would take Vernon Davis, because he is such an explosive weapon, the team has questions at receiver and, perhaps most importantly, it would put a smile on Brett Favre's face. Nevertheless, this is a great pick. Outside linebacker is among the Packers' most pressing needs, and Hawk is the best on the board. There are some questions about his hip fluidity and man-to-man cover skills, but he makes plays all over the field. He has excellent instincts, great range and is a reliable open-field tackler who is relentless in pursuit. With Hawk lining up on the weak side, the play of the Packers' linebacker corps should vastly improve this year.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:38 PM

I think Leinart is going to be terrific. This is a great pick.

Rastak
Do the Vikes cut a deal with the Rams to get Cutler?

Points difference is 300 points or a late second. If Cutler goes here Greenway may fall to 17. They could get a second teir guy in round 2.

GBRulz

He's been in NY all week and basically kept saying he wanted to be picked as soon as possible. i don't think he expected to drop to #10.

Partial
post removed because I am too tired and dumb to actually type something that makes sense!

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:40 PM

He's been in NY all week and basically kept saying he wanted to be picked as soon as possible. i don't think he expected to drop to #10.

I don't feel to badly for him. Rodgers had to wait what - another 3 hours to get picked at 25.

Tarlam!

I think Leinart is going to be terrific. This is a great pick.

I am glad we don't have him in the NFC North

Fosco33
Denny might be the best coach in the league at keeping a team average.

He is a great coach, don't get me wrong, he always fields a solid team. Never great, but solid. I bet the Cardinals are going to take a step towards the playoffs this year. They're great on offense and respectable on defense.

And I watched them beat the Pack in the heat a few years back with a very average team... but I don't blame the Pack - I could barely sit there (110 on the field or so).

Deputy Nutz
I still can't believe that Lienart dropped to #10. Arizona is one lucky team.

Sims going to Detroit is a little crazy. You are they going to have play QB for them?

mngolf19
No trade, Rastak. Vikes will take Cutler if he is there or take a QB in 2nd if he is not.

FritzDontBlitz
04-29-2006, 12:41 PM
i thought the matrix ripoff promo featuring lienart was hilarious. poor guy, i think he's a victim of the pre-draft hype: everyone was so busy gushing about mario, reggie and vernon and he got lost in the hoopla. it looked to me that espn tried to do a last minute pr blitz in his favor to try to put him back in the spotlight, but to me it just made him look foolish thru the first 9 picks.....

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Tory Holt is mentioning Greenway as STL pick. I've heard that speculation...I'd be disappointed if Greenway and Cutler were gone...if that happens, take Cromartie...or Deangelo Williams.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 12:42 PM
Great pick at #10, he might be too Hollywood though.

Tarlam!
No trade, Rastak. Vikes will take Cutler if he is there or take a QB in 2nd if he is not. If he gets past the Rams he may very well be....but I wouldn't take any chances. I like Cutler.

I like Cutler, too. I just don't know if they can reel him in...,

Deputy Nutz
Where is Greenway going to go?

What about Winston Justice?

I am suprised that Buffalo went Safety in the first place. The had to upgrade their offensive line and they still have a lot of questions at QB.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Rastak, I like Cutler too. But won't be upset if they take Greenway, Cromartie. And then get a QB in 2nd. I think they can do so much just keeping their picks.

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 12:41 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Dan Wetzel

Add Yahoo Sports' Dan Wetzel to the growing list of people who like the Packers' selection of A.J. Hawk.

Writes Wetzel: "The Pack go with A.J. Hawk. Although we generally hate it when analysis runs along racial stereotypes – you know, athletic black players, gritty white guys – Hawk does kind of fit the old-time Packers mold. He could have played in the Ice Bowl. But Hawk is not the fifth pick in the draft because he is smarter or harder working than other players. He is the fifth pick because he is an exceptional athlete and physical talent, too. This guy can flat-out play.

"All of that said, Hawk is going to be one popular guy in Wisconsin."

Rastak
Where is Greenway going to go?

What about Winston Justice?

I am suprised that Buffalo went Safety in the first place. The had to upgrade their offensive line and they still have a lot of questions at QB.Good point Nutz, I'd consider him too at 17.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:44 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 12:40 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Ohio State middle backers

It's uncertain at this point whether A.J. Hawk will play middle or weak-side linebacker for the Green Bay Packers. He played on the weak side as a senior at Ohio State and general manager Ted Thompson said that probably was where Hawk would start out in Green Bay.

But if the Packers drafted Hawk to play inside, they're bucking history if they expect him to be an all-time great and a future Hall of Famer.

The last big-name inside backer from Ohio State was Andy Katzenmoyer, who was drafted in the first round, 28th overall, by the New England Patriots in 1999. Katzenmoyer didn't pan out.

Other inside backers from Ohio State included Pepper Johnson, drafted by the New York Giants in the second round in 1986; Randy Gradishar, selected 14th by Denver in 1974; Tom Cousineau, the first choice by Buffalo in 1979; and Chris Spielman, a second-round pick by Detroit in 1988.

Johnson, Gradishar and Spielman were all very good players, but there wasn't a special player in the bunch.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Tory Holt is mentioning Greenway as STL pick. I've heard that speculation...I'd be disappointed if Greenway and Cutler were gone...if that happens, take Cromartie...or Deangelo Williams.

Rastak, we seem to be on the same page here.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 12:47 PM
We're gonna have our first trade. Broncos involved...

Rastak
Just went to get a beer and the Broncos are on the clock....hmmmmm...looks like Cutler is gone....

mngolf19
There goes Cutler to Den.

Iron Mike

Maybe you two should go get a room???? :twisted:

Tarlam!
YAY a trade!

Deputy Nutz
Cutler goes to Denver.

When the hell did Denver move up.

Sparkey
Cutler to the Broncos!

imscott72
04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Cutler to the Broncos....

Tarlam!
Well, Jake another 2 years...

Rastak

As opposed to orgy right out in the atrium here?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Jay Cutler
QB, Vanderbilt

War Room analysis
Arm strength: Has good size and body strength, which helps him have a very strong arm. Makes every NFL throw. Shows good zip on deep outs and delivers passes into tight spots. Throws a nice deep ball; can also throw across his body while on the move. But overconfidence here sometimes means trouble. Grade: 8.2.

Accuracy/delivery: Shows good overall accuracy and timing. Can thread the needle in dropping the ball between defenders. Needs better mechanics, a quicker release and a more consistent release point. Sometimes throws off back foot, causing passes to sail. Grade: 8.1.

Field vision: Is smart. Sees the field well. Makes good progression reads and checks down. Has a good feel for the game and is patient in the pocket. Also has great vision as an open-field runner. Grade: 8.3.

Running ability: Is a great athlete, but footwork needs work. Has good pocket awareness and quickness. Can buy extra time with his feet. Doesn't shy away from tucking the ball and taking off. Changes directions well. Grinds out tough yardage; has a nose for the first-down marker. Grade: 8.4.

Intangibles: Is a great competitor; plays hard all the time. Shows the leadership to win respect of teammates and motivate those around him. Has great passion for the game; finds ways to win. Grade: 8.6.

Bottom line: Cutler considered entering the 2005 draft but wisely decided to stay in school. He played with great emotion as a senior, showing that he can make NFL-caliber plays. Cutler's stock has soared this season although there might be some concern about the physical pounding he has taken. An experienced player who finally is getting the recognition he deserves, Cutler is a surefire first-rounder.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is big. Probably has the best arm in the '06 draft. Is tough and competitive. Can run. Shows only average accuracy. Is not hesitant to check down to secondary receivers. Took a beating (23 sacks in '05) at Vanderbilt with substandard teammates. Shows a questionable feel for pressure, and doesn't escape pressure well. Makes questionable decisions under pressure. Can gain yards in the open field, but lacks quickness and is not elusive. Does not always throw away the ball when needed. Must improve technique. Forces too many throws into tight coverage. Probably will have a slow transition to become an NFL starter.
No. 4 on Pompei's QB rankings

motife
04-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Scouts, Inc.'s draft board :

rnk ….. #.. ….. NFL ….. NAME ….. POS
1 ….. 2 ….. N.O. ….. Reggie Bush ….. RB
2 ….. 1 ….. Hou ….. Mario Williams ….. DE
3 ….. 4 ….. NYJ ….. D'Brickashaw Ferguson ….. OT
4 ….. 10 ….. AZ ….. Matt Leinart ….. QB
5 ….. 5 ….. GB ….. AJ Hawk ….. OLB
6 ….. 6 ….. SF ….. Vernon Davis ….. TE
7 ….. 3 ….. Tenn ….. Vincent Young ….. QB
8 ….. 7 ….. Oak ….. Michael Huff ….. CB
9 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Brodrick Bunkley ….. DT
10 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Haloti Ngata ….. DT
11 ….. 11 ….. Den ….. Jay Cutler ….. QB
12 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Winston Justice ….. OT
13 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Kamerion Wimbley ….. DE
14 ….. 9 ….. Det ….. Ernie Sims ….. OLB
15 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Chad Jackson ….. WR
16 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Santonio Holmes ….. WR
17 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Chad Greenway ….. OLB
18 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Jimmy Williams ….. CB
19 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Deangelo Williams ….. RB
20 ….. 8 ….. Buff ….. Donte Whitner ….. S
21 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Johnathan Joseph ….. CB
22 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Manny Lawson ….. DE
23 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Antonio Cromartie ….. CB
24 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Laurence Maroney ….. RB
25 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Nick Mangold ….. OC
26 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Tye Hill ….. CB
27 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Jason Allen ….. S
28 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Ashton Youboty ….. CB
29 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. LenDale White ….. RB
30 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Bobby Carpenter ….. OLB
31 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Sinorice Moss ….. WR
32 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Kelly Jennings ….. CB

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 12:50 PM
No QB for Minnesota. I like Charlie Whitehurst as a 3rd round pick for them. I'm really hoping they wasted a 2nd round pick on Brodie Croyle.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Cleveland take your pick

Ngata
Greenway
Wimbley
Bunkely
Jimmy Williams
Antonio Cromartie

Iron Mike
04-29-2006, 12:51 PM

As opposed to orgy right out in the atrium here?

As opposed to a boat cruise on Lake Minnetonka..... :wink:

Scott Campbell
A little old now, but still interesting:

SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 10:27 a.m.
By Tom Silverstein
Packers talk to Bush's representatives

The Green Bay Packers this morning contacted the representatives for USC running back Reggie Bush and could be exploring the possibility of moving up to the No. 2 spot in today's NFL draft to get the Heisman Trophy winner, according to an NFL league source.

The Saints own the No. 2 pick, and Bush is considered to be the top player on the draft board after the the Texans disclosed last night that they were going to pick defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 pick.

The Saints have been interested in trading with the Packers for disgruntled wide receiver Javon Walker, so that could be part of a deal if the Packers were to move up from the No. 5 pick.

Tarlam!
Wow, they picked the trade and the pick!

Rastak
No QB for Minnesota. I like Charlie Whitehurst as a 3rd round pick for them. I'm really hoping they wasted a 2nd round pick on Brodie Croyle.

In one breath you say no qb, then you name 2.... :shock:

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 12:52 PM

Harv, if they take a QB in 2nd it will be with their 2nd #2 and will be Clemens.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM

Ummm... no highly rated QB, knucklehead. Croyle sucks ass.

Rastak

I think Greenway will be gone...maybe Carpenter....maybe Cromatie.
Maybe Hill......

imscott72
A little old now, but still interesting:

SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 10:27 a.m.
By Tom Silverstein
Packers talk to Bush's representatives

The Green Bay Packers this morning contacted the representatives for USC running back Reggie Bush and could be exploring the possibility of moving up to the No. 2 spot in today's NFL draft to get the Heisman Trophy winner, according to an NFL league source.

The Saints own the No. 2 pick, and Bush is considered to be the top player on the draft board after the the Texans disclosed last night that they were going to pick defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 pick.

The Saints have been interested in trading with the Packers for disgruntled wide receiver Javon Walker, so that could be part of a deal if the Packers were to move up from the No. 5 pick.

If your suggesting we may still trade to get Bush, I don't see it happening now. We're happy with Hawk, at least I hope so. Now that we didn't get Bush, I don't really want him now. I'm happy with how our 1st pick turned out. Now if we score a guard in the 2nd I'll be very happy.

Fosco33
Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:49 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scouts, Inc.'s draft board :

rank pick NAME POS
9 Brodrick Bunkley DT
10 Haloti Ngata DT
12 Winston Justice OT
13 Kamerion Wimbley DE
15 Chad Jackson WR
16 Santonio Holmes WR
17 Chad Greenway OLB
18 Jimmy Williams CB
19 Deangelo Williams RB
21 Johnathan Joseph CB
22 Manny Lawson DE
23 Antonio Cromartie CB
24 Laurence Maroney RB
25 Nick Mangold OC
26 Tye Hill CB
27 Jason Allen S
28 Ashton Youboty CB
29 LenDale White RB
30 Bobby Carpenter OLB
31 Sinorice Moss WR
32 Kelly Jennings CB

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 12:54 PM

Harv, if they take a QB in 2nd it will be with their 2nd #2 and will be Clemens.

Good. Whitehurst is the guy I like. The rest, after the Big Three, are ordinary. Couple of intriguing prospects in Tarvaris Jackson and Reggie McNeal late.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:54 PM

Ummm... no highly rated QB, knucklehead. Croyle sucks ass.What he does on his own time is his business Mr. NFL Scout.

(By the way, I'm not real high on Croyle either).

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:55 PM

Good. Whitehurst is the guy I like. The rest, after the Big Three, are ordinary. Couple of intriguing prospects in Tarvaris Jackson and Reggie McNeal late.I like Whitehurst also.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Don't be surprised it Cle takes D. Williams here.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 12:56 PM
If your suggesting we may still trade to get Bush, I don't see it happening now. We're happy with Hawk, at least I hope so. Now that we didn't get Bush, I don't really want him now. I'm happy with how our 1st pick turned out. Now if we score a guard in the 2nd I'll be very happy.

I'm not suggesting that. I think it is interesting that we tried to make a move though.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Thank god we didn't get D'brick....

I'm pretty friggin excited about this pick....Thompson said he thought they got the best football player. Guess what...It was the biggest need on the team. That is pretty rare and we are prett fortunate.

I thought Davis had bigger upside but I believe a lot more in Thompsons scouting abiltiy and honestly, I have a lot more respect for gusy like ND, Nutz Bretsky ect....You guys knew Hawk was a player and I did too but I was blinded by the measurables.

You guys have seen more drafts than I so I'm going to give myself an excuse and hope to be as on as you all in a few years.

Partial, you get some cred too but I don't like you so I'm not going to give you a mention :evil:

pacfan
04-29-2006, 12:57 PM
My friends college roommate, who's brother delivers pizza for a national chain that I can't mention just sent us this information.

Suzy Kolber is hot.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 12:58 PM
My friends college roommate, who's brother delivers pizza for a national chain that I can't mention just sent us this information.

Suzy Kolber is hot.

But annoying as hell.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 01:00 PM

Suzy Kolber is hot.

priceless; I think hot sports reporters should work topless.

imscott72

Suzy Kolber is hot.

Your just now figuring that out??

Deputy Nutz
Cleveland swap picks.

Fritz
04-29-2006, 01:01 PM
A shout out to Bretsky - I am happy for you, my man. The Packers got the guy you wanted. First time ever for you, right?

Does that raise your estimation of TT just a little, and ease the loss of Troy Vincent and Chris Chambers?

Rastak
Wow, Baltimore now on the clock. Hmmmmmm

Scott Campbell
You guys have seen more drafts than I so I'm going to give myself an excuse and hope to be as on as you all in a few years.

Partial, you get some cred too but I don't like you so I'm not going to give you a mention :evil:

It doesn't matter who was right about who we picked. The only thing that matters is that Ted needs to right, and Hawk has to work out.

Sparkey
Ngata to RAVINS

Deputy Nutz
Ravens take Ngata

Rastak

Suzy Kolber is hot.

priceless; I think hot sports reporters should work topless.That would work for me.

imscott72
Ngata gone to the Ravens...He's going to be a good one..

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:02 PM
Haloti Ngata
DT, Oregon

War Room analysis
Against the run: Is massive and wide. Is unmovable at the line of scrimmage. Possesses freakish strength; can maintain the point of attack against double- and triple-teams. Doesn't just occupy blockers; can shed \u2018em and make the tackle despite double teams. Sometimes relies too much on power and doesn't use proper technique. Must maintain a stronger base. Grade: 8.4.

Pass rush: Shows initial quickness, size and power to collapse the pocket as an interior bull rusher. Doesn't utilize hands to beat opponents cleanly; relies on brute strength to overpower them on way to the passer. Doesn't project to be much of an NFL pass rusher. Grade: 7.8.

Initial quickness: Has impressive agility and athleticism, and gets a great initial jump off the ball. Changes directions well, and even drops back into coverage in zone-blitz schemes. Grade: 8.5.

Run/pass recognition: Anticipates double teams. Struggles to use pass-rush moves after expecting run at the snap. Struggles to sniff out draw plays and screen passes. Grade: 8.0.

Pursuit/tackling: Is surprisingly active in pursuit. Has good lateral movement. Never gives up on plays, and has surprising closing speed when trailing plays from behind. Is a powerful tackler. Has trouble breaking down and making open-field tackles. Grade: 8.4.

Bottom line: Ngata is the most dominant inside presence in the draft. He has the perfect body type for a nose tackle in a 3-4, but he also has the athleticism to play either tackle spot in a 4-3 scheme. He must develop better technique -- his pure strength alone won't cut it -- but is a rare talent with potential to be chosen in the top five. He likely will be the first defensive tackle drafted.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is enormous with a rear end as big as a billboard. Has rare power and can toss aside blockers. Has a good first step. Can collapse the pocket. Blockers can't budge him. Has good balance. Hits ball carriers like a ton of bricks. Must be in a two-gap scheme or play nose tackle in a 3-4. Weight could be an issue. Is raw and needs to learn to use his hands. Isn't very explosive. Doesn't always read as quickly as he should. Doesn't offer much pass rush; his main value is on first and second down. Lacks change of direction. Needs to play harder. Tends to wear down. Hasn't been much of a playmaker. Plays too high and allows blockers to get leverage.
No. 1 on Pompei's DT rankings

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:02 PM

Why do you want to see Jim Grey's boobs?

GoPackGo
04-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm actually on Mills and Bowen but everyone is getting ready for the mifflin party today. It's getting pretty nuts out. I have seen no less than two exquisite pairs of breasts outside the window this morning! Ahh the joys of college!

What the fuck are you doing on a computer? You should get your party 0n.

pS. i used to live on Breese Terrace

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm excited for our #2 pick - basically as high as most years in the Favre era. A good day gentlemen!

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:04 PM

Why do you want to see Jim Grey's boobs?He said hot reporters, are suggesting Gray is hot.... :mrgreen:

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 01:04 PM

Why do you want to see Jim Grey's boobs?He said hot reporters, are suggesting Gray is hot.... :mrgreen:

I'd like to modify initial statement to hot chick reporters

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm excited for our #2 pick - basically as high as most years in the Favre era.

Me too.

MateoInMex
04-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Did you guyz read my Matt Leinart post on Jsonline.com, or should copy and paste it here?

Is Walker going to be traded or not?

This a-hole is asking for 10 million up front...So far the Saints and Broncos think he is asking too much.

Shanahan's obvious hard-on for J-Walk is shrinking.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Wow they're ripping on Ngata on ESPN....Overrated??

Scott Campbell
Did you guyz read my Matt Leinart post on Jsonline.com, or should copy and paste it here?

This a-hole is asking for 10 million up front...So far the Saints and Broncos think he is asking too much.

Welcome!!!! Repost it.

Rastak
What up Mateo.....

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Most of us don't go over there anymore

Partial
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Collins that was harsh. Its fine though. I'm opinionated and have no problems voicing that.

Jpop, I am all partied out for today. It was one of my good friend's 21st birthday party last night so I had a pretty wild night ending at 5:30 in the morning. I am taking it easy today and spending some time with the girlfriend. Mifflin is fun and all but I had enough fun for the whole weekend last night!

Wow, seems like I missed a lot when I was eatinng breakfast.

What did Denver trade to get Cutler?

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Most of us don't go over there anymore

There's a little subtle recruting going on over there today.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:13 PM
PFT's take thus far...
\
WELCOME TO THE 2006 NFL DRAFT

1. Houston Texans: Mario Williams, DE, N.C. State

No surprises here. (At least no more surprises.)

2. New Orleans Saints: Reggie Bush, RB, USC

We still don't rule out a trade with the Jets or Packers for D'Brick or D'Hawk.

3. Tennesee Titans: Vince Young, QB, Texas

Floyd Reese wins again. Titans will continue to lose . . . .

4. New York Jets: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia

Todd McShay was full of McSh-t, after all.

5. Green Bay Packers: A.J. Hawk, LB, THE Ohio State Place Where Guys Go To Play Football

NFC North gets another stud linebacker in the mold of Mike Ditka, Mike Singletary, Ray Nitschke, Brian Urlacher, and E.J. Henderson. (Just kidding about the last one.)

6. San Francisco 49ers: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland

Stud tight end could pump up a bad offense.

7. Oakland Raiders: Michael Huff, S, Texas

Oakland seemingly ignores their need at play caller to draft a play maker on the other side of the ball.

Side Note: ESPN keeps cutting to footage of Leinart sitting at his table, a penny for his thoughts might reveal that he's wishing for a time machine to go back to last year where he would have gone first overall but hey, we all know about hindsight... Back to the draft coverage.

8. Buffalo Bills: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State

Bills address one of many areas of need. (Too bad they can't draft an owner or G.M.)

9. Detroit Lions: Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State

We're shocked that coach Rod Marinelli passed on a wide body who could be another Warren Sapp, especially with Dan Wilkinson thinking about retiring.

10. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Leinart, QB, USC

Wow. Scary offense in 'Zona. Assuming Leinart can stay alive long enough to get rid of the ball, given the absence of, you know, competent blockers.

Meanwhile, a league insider tells us that Leinart's former agent, Leigh Steinberg, must feel like a guy who got whisked off of the Titanic right before it hit the iceberg. So much for Condon's supposed promise that Matt would go by No. 3.

11. Denver Broncos (from Rams): Jay Cutler, QB, Broncos.

Coach Kevlar puts a short leash on Jake.

12: Baltimore Ravens (from Browns): Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon.

Ray-Ray gets a big-butt to help cover up his deteriorating game. Amazingly, two rivals franchises do some business.

CyclonePackFan
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Browns take Kimerion Wimbley...I have been forever turned against FSU D linemen, I think he'll be a bust.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Kamerion Wimbley
OLB, Florida State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Shows an explosive first step and outstanding speed off the edge. Anticipates snap counts better than most prospects. Has the initial burst to beat offensive tackles without contact. Combines good quickness and agility with fluid hips and smooth change-of-direction skills. Shows a good closing burst to the quarterback. Against the run, works best in pursuit. Breaks down and changes direction without losing speed in transition. Takes good angles to the ball, and tackles well in open field. Shows potential to drop back and cover in zone-blitz situations. Shows good instincts, and excels at diagnosing misdirection plays. Gets upfield quickly when reading pass.

Weaknesses: Is too lean, and must add bulk. Gets overwhelmed by offensive tackles at the point of attack. Must learn to take on and shed blockers and play with good leverage. Must develop more pass-rush moves; can't afford to rely so much on speed.

Bottom line: Wimbley shined at the Senior Bowl, holding his own against the run and impressing scouts as an edge pass rusher. He is an end/outside linebacker 'tweener and probably fits best as a 3-4 outside linebacker. He should make an early impact as a situational pass rusher and special teams performer. He projects as a mid-Round 1 selection.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is undersized but has everything else teams seek. Is explosive, athletic and fights. Creates space by colliding and bursting. Can power rush, and has some outside speed. Knows how to cut back inside. Can change directions. Is light on his feet. Isn't a great run player, but isn't bad. Also could be considered at outside linebacker in a 3-4.
No. 3 on Pompei's DE rankings

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 01:16 PM
How can Jamal Reynold get drafted again?

FritzDontBlitz
04-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Suzy Kolber is hot.

i agree, and suzy has a nice ass to boot.

i wanna see a suzy kolber/rachel nichols mud wrestling match. a good way to spend the time between packer picks, ya think?

and, why can;t i get my avatar to work?

packrulz
04-29-2006, 01:17 PM
AJ's fiance'.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/01/03/ten.spot/p1_lauraquinn.jpg

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
AJ's fiance'.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/01/03/ten.spot/p1_lauraquinn.jpgHe done good.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:18 PM
AJ's fiance'.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/01/03/ten.spot/p1_lauraquinn.jpg

She's ok. Not that hot. I'd give her a 6 based on looks only..

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
So who do we get in the second?

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 01:19 PM
A shout out to Bretsky - I am happy for you, my man. The Packers got the guy you wanted. First time ever for you, right?

Does that raise your estimation of TT just a little, and ease the loss of Troy Vincent and Chris Chambers?

It does raise my view of TT as did the Woodsen signing.

But the scars from Chris Chambers and Troy Vincent will live on forever.
B

packrulz
04-29-2006, 01:20 PM
Anyone know where I can get audio? WTMJ went to the Brewers game.

motife
with Philadelphia on the clock

rk ….. #.. ….. NFL ….. Name…ââ⠀šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ … ….. pos
7 ….. 3 ….. Ten ….. Vincent Young ….. QB
9 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Brodrick Bunkley ….. DT
13 ….. 12 ….. Cle ….. Kamerion Wimbley ….. DE

HarveyWallbangers
How can Jamal Reynold get drafted again?

That's what I was thinking.

Hey, does Denver trading up to get Cutler (no WR) increase their chances of trading for Javon Walker? Or does it just mean Ashley Lelie stays put in Green Bay.

Fosco33
AJ's fiance'.

She's ok. Not that hot. I'd give her a 6 based on looks only..

I wonder if she's got her brother's athleticism - a Hawk/Quinn son.

Bretsky

HEY MATEO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see ya in here; can you copy and paste it over ????

imscott72

Mangold if he falls would be my 1st choice. If not then Joseph or Spencer..

Partial
04-29-2006, 01:21 PM

It does raise my view of TT as did the Woodsen signing.

But the scars from Chris Chambers and Troy Vincent will live on forever.
B

Homer :D

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 01:21 PM
[She's ok. Not that hot. I'd give her a 6 based on looks only..

She's about a 1.

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 01:22 PM
AJ's fiance'.

Think she's into Grailism ?

Rastak

Mangold if he falls would be my 1st choice. If not then Joseph or Spencer..Mangold and Joseph would be good.

Partial
not a good pic of her, but she's hot!

HarveyWallbangers

Glad to see you here. This makes me sad. So he's pricing himself out of everybody's price range?

Tarlam!
Philly is up, think they go WR??

Bretsky
04-29-2006, 01:23 PM

IF WE GET MANGOLD does Wells go to OG then ? We need to find two guards.

Partial
I bet they take bunkley

Rastak
Philly is up, think they go WR??That would make sense.

Scott Campbell
with Philadelphia on the clock

That chart is really helpful. Keep up the great work.

packrulz
I think she's at least a 8.

MateoInMex
04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Here you go Bretsky..

This was before Leinart was drafted by Cardinals... Now Denny Green will battle for the 2nd or 3rd string in AZ.

Matt Leinart is wishing he was back in Van Nuys on a porno set getting fluffed by some USC sorority chick right now!!!

Not lookin' good for Matt Leinart.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Just don't take Greenway.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:27 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 1:12 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Hawk the best of the top-five picks?
So muses Pete Fituak of collegefootballnews.com.

Fituak on A.J. Hawk:

"No one's talking about him because of all the other things happening, but he's so quick, so fast, and so good, he could turn out to be the best of the top five picks.

"Hawk was the best defensive player in college football AND his measurables were off the board. He didn't just crank out good numbers; they weren't even close.

"This makes up for overpaying for Charles Woodson."

CyclonePackFan
Eagles take Brodrick Bunkley

Rastak
Here you go Bretsky..

This was before Leinart was drafted by Cardinals... Now Denny Green will battle for the 2nd or 3rd string in AZ.

Matt Leinart is wishing he was back in Van Nuys on a porno set getting fluffed by some USC sorority chick right now!!!

Not lookin' good for Matt Leinart.
I don't know...they are loaded at WR and they signed E James and a couple lineman.

imscott72
bunkley it is..

MateoInMex
Jesus,

The Nutty Professor sounds like a tourism ad for Phoenix. Whose pulling Denny Greens strings?

I know Harvey, J-Walk is really screwin' the Packers now.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I like Bunkley a lot better than Ngata...

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Brodrick Bunkley
DT, Florida State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is quick, athletic and active. Has decent speed with good burst. Plays well on the move. Uses nice first step to penetrate and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Is powerful. Has a nose for the ball. Uses good leverage as a pass rusher, getting blockers\u2019 shoulders turned and then collapsing the pocket. Shows a nice burst to the quarterback. Is tall with the frame to get bigger.

Weaknesses: Has some durability concerns because of a nagging ankle injury in \u201805. Must get bigger and stronger. Has trouble at the point of attack when engaged with larger opponents. Lacks speed, and more bulk could further slow him down. Could struggle to comprehend complex NFL schemes.

Bottom line: Bunkley is a complete defensive tackle. He can rush the passer, penetrate against the run and play multiple positions along the line. Injuries and academic problems raise red flags, but his talent is undeniable and is a first-round lock. He could sneak into the top 10.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is explosive and disruptive. Makes plays. Has some pass-rush ability plus power. Is quick off the snap. Has shock and power in his hands. Shows athleticism and can redirect well. Can squeeze through double teams. Has good play strength for his size. Plays hard. Had a good Combine. Sometimes plays too upright and gives up leverage. Is a better fit in a one-gap scheme.
No. 2 on Pompei's DT rankings

motife
04-29-2006, 01:29 PM
St. Louis on the clock...

The Packers could use Manny Lawson, DE.

rk ….. #.. ….. NFL ….. Name…âââ €šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ …ââ ¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚ ¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ ….. pos
9 ….. 13 ….. Phi ….. Brodrick Bunkley ….. DT

Rastak
Rams take Greenway I bet..... :cry:

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 1:03 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Some random musings from around the web

Here's what some lesser-known sites are saying about the Packers and A.J. Hawk.

NFL Draft Class: "Solid pick for the Pack. Unlike, say, Vince Young, Hawk is a guy who has a very very low chance of failing in the NFL, and he'll be an instant contributor a defense that needs a leader. Grade: B "

SportsNutz.com: This is the best player other than a qb on the board and fills a big need position. A no brainer."

Consensus Draft Services: "This was a no-brainer here as it has been speculated that they need LB help. Hawk brings lunchpail mentality and a winning attitude to a team that is in need of a playmaker on defense."

NFL Draft Almanac: "Hawk was a popular pick and he fills a huge need. There were some rumors flying in the last day that Vernon Davis might be the pick instead. Look for Hawk to start from day one. He could probably play any lineacker position and he will deifinitely add some attitude to a defense that needed some. Hawk just adds to talent that the team has been stockpiling on defense this off-season."
Right-click to get URL suitable for linking

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:30 PM

IF WE GET MANGOLD does Wells go to OG then ? We need to find two guards.

I think the jury is out whether Wells can play guard or not. I think he's worth a look anyway.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I like Bunkley a lot better than Ngata...

Me too.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:31 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 1:30 p.m.

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

On Sirius NFL Radio, NFL.com's Gil Brandt says it was his understanding the Packers have a deal with the Broncos for Javon Walker, with Green Bay receiving a second-round pick.

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 01:32 PM

You don't have Ngata off your board. Lawson is a 3-4 LB in my opinion--like Wimbley.

Deputy Nutz
Rams take Ty Hill from Clemson

Fosco33

rk ….. #.. ….. NFL ….. Name…âââ €šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ …ââ ¡Ã‚¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã ¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚ ¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¦ ….. pos
9 ….. 13 ….. Phi ….. Brodrick Bunkley ….. DT

Ravings took Ngata with #12.

I think you missed him.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Tye Hill
CB, Clemson

War Room analysis
Coverage skills: Has all the ideal attributes except size. Is quick, and has blazing speed. Makes sudden cuts. Shows good awareness and instincts in zone coverage. Is good in tight man-to-man coverage. Is excellent in bump-and-run coverage. Is smooth and fluid to turn and run with the fastest receivers. Tracks passes nicely. Must improve technique. Grade: 8.0

Run/pass recognition: Is improving, but remains a work in progress. Gets a quick jump on passes in front of him. Has a nice feel for receivers breaking off routes. Is learning to read quarterbacks' eyes. Grade: 8.0

Closing speed: Is strong in this area. Makes quick and smooth cuts. Doesn't lose much in transition. Has the explosive closing burst and speed to catch up to passes. Grade: 8.5

Ball skills: Is an outstanding playmaker. Shows good instincts, but must improve ability to locate the ball. Is tough, physical and aggressive. Has terrific leaping ability to challenge receivers on jump balls. Is a threat to score after any interception. Grade: 8.3

Run support: Is aggressive against the run, but will struggle in the NFL because of his lack of size and bulk. Is tough and not afraid to fill the hole hard. Is a solid open-field tackler with good technique. Grade: 8.1

Bottom line: Hill is a former running back who continues to learn to play defense. He will benefit greatly from working on technique with NFL coaches. Despite a lack of ideal size, he is a terrific athlete and plays big and tough. His stock soared after a great week at the Senior Bowl, where he dominated receivers daily. Hill is an explosive playmaker and could be the first cornerback selected.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is short, but partially compensates with long arms. Has solid coverage skills and explosive speed. Can chase down receivers from behind. Has acceleration, burst and quickness. Is competitive. Hits well for his size, but can get run over by blockers. Shows tight hip movements, and doesn't change directions well. Plays bump-and-run better than off-coverage. Lacks great ball skills.
No. 5 on Pompei's CB rankings

motife
04-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Miami on the clock...

rk ….. #.. ….. NFL ….. Name
1 ….. 2 ….. N.O. ….. Reggie Bush RB
2 ….. 1 ….. Hou ….. Mario Williams DE
3 ….. 4 ….. NYJ ….. D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT
4 ….. 10 ….. AZ ….. Matt Leinart QB
5 ….. 5 ….. GB ….. AJ Hawk OLB
6 ….. 6 ….. SF ….. Vernon Davis TE
7 ….. 3 ….. Ten ….. Vincent Young QB
8 ….. 7 ….. Oak ….. Michael Huff CB
9 ….. 14 ….. Phi ….. Brodrick Bunkley DT
10 ….. 12 ….. Bal ….. Haloti Ngata DT
11 ….. 11 ….. Den ….. Jay Cutler QB
12 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Winston Justice OT
13 ….. 13 ….. Cle ….. Kamerion Wimbley DE
14 ….. 9 ….. Det ….. Ernie Sims OLB
15 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Chad Jackson WR
16 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Santonio Holmes WR
17 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Chad Greenway OLB
18 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Jimmy Williams CB
19 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Deangelo Williams RB
20 ….. 8 ….. Buff ….. Donte Whitner S
21 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Johnathan Joseph CB
22 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Manny Lawson DE
23 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Antonio Cromartie CB
24 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Laurence Maroney RB
25 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Nick Mangold OC
26 ….. 15 ….. Stl ….. Tye Hill CB
27 ….. ---- ….. ….. Jason Allen S
28 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Ashton Youboty CB
29 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. LenDale White RB
30 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Bobby Carpenter OLB
31 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Sinorice Moss WR
32 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Kelly Jennings CB

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Okay, Vikes need to grab Greenway or Cromartie.

Deputy Nutz

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

On Sirius NFL Radio, NFL.com's Gil Brandt says it was his understanding the Packers have a deal with the Broncos for Javon Walker, with Green Bay receiving a second-round pick.

At this point I would take a bag of dog poop.

MateoInMex
On AJ Hawk...

Great Pick!! Noone was talking about Hawk (negatively) whatsoever.

TT didn't buy into all this combine hype.

Houston bit right into Mario Williams..All that pressure in Houston..for a guy who continuously takes plays off.

Smart pick!! Let's see if someone bites on Walker and gives GB more picks...give Brett Favre some more targets.

Scott Campbell

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

MateoInMex
04-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Miami is on the clock!!!

The good thing for Dolfans is GM Randy Mueller is a draft guru.. No more Rick Spielman.

Ex-GM Rick Spielman is on ESPN doing what he does best...blowing carcinagenic plumes of smoke up NFL fans a$$es!

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:39 PM

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

wow, this means we would pick 4th and 5th in round 2. Sweet!!! I think we should take it...Any chance Jackson or Holmes are still around for WR's??

motife

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

that would be the 37th pick. 22 to 44 are supposed to all be quality picks.

Scott Campbell
Can Ted pull off a trade back scenario with our #2?

Fosco33
04-29-2006, 01:40 PM

By Dave Heller
Walker to Denver?

Zig will trade a bag of poo for a Dragon WR :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 01:41 PM

I think Greenway is a solid player, but Cromartie might be the guy that I'd least like the Vikings to get, and I think it's a big need for them. Smoot is overrated.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 01:43 PM
"Its the legiment in his head too."
Mike Irving

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Miami takes Jason Allen from the university of Tennessee

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Jason Allen
S, Tennessee

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a playmaker who uses his long arms, leaping ability and strength to win jump balls and take away passes. Plays well against the run and in coverage. Has decent speed, good burst and great ball skills. Is tall and smooth and can turn and run with receivers. Fills the hole hard against the run, tackles well in the open field and uses his size to make big hits. Excels at redirecting receivers at the line of scrimmage. Is comfortable playing in the tackle box. Can shed blockers.

Weaknesses: A dislocated hip ended his senior season, raising questions about his durability. Is a bit of a 'tweener; lacks elite speed to play cornerback. Must improve at open-field tackling and playing in space to become an elite safety. Lacks great pre-snap recognition. Relies too much on his athletic ability in coverage.

Bottom line: Allen has a lot of potential and projects highly as both a cornerback and safety. However, his hip injury prevented him from playing in all-star games. His ability is unquestioned, and he was a first-round prospect before the injury. But, with him proving during his workouts that he is over his injury, Allen projects as an early second-rounder.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a safety/cornerback 'tweener whose draft stock is tied to the condition of his hip, which was dislocated in the fifth game of the '05 season. Performed pretty well at safety and cornerback in college. Could be a safety on first and second down and then play cornerback on passing downs. Has outstanding ability. Is smooth and athletic. Can run and jump. Is physical, and likes to tackle. Closes well on the ball. Is comfortable in zone or man-to-man. Has the size to matchup with tall receivers. Performed well at pre-draft workouts. Bites on play-action fakes at times. Could be more aggressive.
No. 2 on Pompei's safety rankings

motife
Vikings on the clock :

9 ….. 14 ….. Phi ….. Brodrick Bunkley DT
10 ….. 12 ….. Bal ….. Haloti Ngata DT
11 ….. 11 ….. Den ….. Jay Cutler QB
12 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Winston Justice OT
13 ….. 13 ….. Cle ….. Kamerion Wimbley DE
14 ….. 9 ….. Det ….. Ernie Sims OLB
15 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Chad Jackson WR
16 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Santonio Holmes WR
17 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Chad Greenway OLB
18 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Jimmy Williams CB
19 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Deangelo Williams RB
20 ….. 8 ….. Buff ….. Donte Whitner S
21 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Johnathan Joseph CB
22 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Manny Lawson DE
23 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Antonio Cromartie CB
24 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Laurence Maroney RB
25 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Nick Mangold OC
26 ….. 15 ….. Stl ….. Tye Hill CB
27 ….. 16 ….. Mia ….. Jason Allen S
28 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Ashton Youboty CB
29 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. LenDale White RB
30 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Bobby Carpenter OLB
31 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Sinorice Moss WR
32 ….. ---- ….. ---- ….. Kelly Jennings CB

RashanGary
Cromartie is going to take some time but I think he's the most gifted player left.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 01:46 PM
TT said he thought there will be a run on DB's.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:47 PM

I think Greenway is a solid player, but Cromartie might be the guy that I'd least like the Vikings to get, and I think it's a big need for them. Smoot is overrated.Yea, Greenway is very good...but Cromartie could be great. I highly doubt they'll take Cromartie with his history at 17 with Greenway available..then again, who knows.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:48 PM
10 minutes left for the Vikes........can they beat the clock?

HarveyWallbangers
04-29-2006, 01:49 PM
That was a bad pick by Miami, IMHO. I'm not a big fan of Allen. I think it was a reach. I had him as a early 2nd round guy--from what I've seen of him.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:50 PM
10 minutes left for the Vikes........can they beat the clock?

Scott that's a low blow..... :D :razz:

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:50 PM
That was a bad pick by Miami, IMHO. I'm not a big fan of Allen. I think it was a reach. I had him as a early 2nd round guy--from what I've seen of him.Yes, I would have taken Cromartie or Jimmy Williams before Jason Allen.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:51 PM
lol this is great. ESPN showing Viking draft blunders..

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:52 PM

Drafting McKinnie and Kevin Williams are NOT blunders.... :D

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 1:43 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Hawk wanted to stay home

A.J. Hawk gave four reasons for not going to New York for Saturday's NFL draft.

1) Life has been hectic enough in recent days without throwing in a trip to the Big Apple.
2) He's still going to school.
3) He wanted to be with his family.
4) He wanted to avoid the TV cameras and all the hoopla in New York.

That said, the Packers just announced that Hawk will fly to Green Bay today and meet with the media about 8 p.m.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 01:53 PM

Drafting McKinnie and Kevin Williams are NOT blunders.... :D

I agree there...

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Vikes take Chad Greenway...cool...

imscott72
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 1:43 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Hawk wanted to stay home

A.J. Hawk gave four reasons for not going to New York for Saturday's NFL draft.

1) Life has been hectic enough in recent days without throwing in a trip to the Big Apple.
2) He's still going to school.
3) He wanted to be with his family.
4) He wanted to avoid the TV cameras and all the hoopla in New York.

That said, the Packers just announced that Hawk will fly to Green Bay today and meet with the media about 8 p.m.

Thats good to hear that he's not camera whore like Leinart..

Deputy Nutz
Rastak gets his man!!!

imscott72
Greenway, good pick for your Vikes Ras...

RashanGary
LOL...

Is this a replay of 2003.....

Barnett, Bailey, Henderson
Hawk, Simms, Greenway

Scott Campbell
A big SHOUT OUT to the Vikes for making a pick.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Chad Greenway
OLB, Iowa

War Room analysis
Against the inside run: Is aggressive; shows power and explosiveness in tight spaces. Is tough. Attacks the line of scrimmage. Uses hands well to shed blockers. Must strengthen lower body and bulk up to beat NFL linemen. Grade: 8.2.

Against the outside run: Is a sideline-to-sideline playmaker with great speed and quickness. Has great lateral pursuit, takes good angles to the ball and shows an explosive burst. Seals the backside in pursuit, and fills cutback lanes. Grade: 8.5.

Blitz/coverage: Is active. Shows great quickness and instincts on blitzes and a closing pass-rush burst. Has all the physical tools in coverage -- can turn and run with running backs and tight ends, and drops quickly into his zone. Must develop better man-to-man skills downfield. Grade: 8.2.

Run/pass recognition: Shows great awareness, and reads plays quickly and correctly. Rarely takes false steps or gets caught out of position. Grade: 8.3.

Pursuit/tackling: Uses great body control and vision to break down and make tackles in pursuit, shutting down cutback lanes. Is a steady yet explosive tackler in open field. Grade: 8.3.

Bottom line: Greenway has all the tools -- great speed, attitude, intelligence and work ethic -- to be an outstanding weakside linebacker. There are some concerns about a serious knee injury in '02, and he still needs to get stronger. Still, Greenway should be able to contribute as a rookie. He wasn\u2019t impressive in pre-draft workouts, causing his stock to slip toward the end of the first round.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is big, physical and fast with good burst. Is athletic; shows some coverage skills. Plays with abandon. Is rangy, tough, aggressive and smart. Generates good power when tackling but tends to be inconsistent. Is a bit slow to read, react and get moving. Has better long speed than short-area quickness. Tends to gets caught up in traffic. Best football likely is ahead of him.
No. 2 on Pompei's OLB rankings

Rastak
04-29-2006, 01:57 PM

Pack got #1 OLB Vikes get #2.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Athleticly he leaves something to be desired. He's alot like Hawk except that Hawk is a physical monster and Greenway is just solid.

I think he'll be a solid addition and a pretty darn good pick. I think the main difference you'll see between Greenway and Hawk is that Greenway will lose alot of one on one battles esspecially early. You'll see guys break tackles and throw pancake blocks on him but he'll develop into a very, very good player after a few years.

Hawk will be great from day one and will be even better in a few years. Minn had the #17 so it was a pretty damn good pick.

pacfan
04-29-2006, 01:58 PM
so what are the packers looking at for the second round?

We need WR, G, C, DL

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Athleticly he leaves something to be desired. He's alot like Hawk except that Hawk is a physical monster and Greenway is just solid.

I think he'll be a solid addition and a pretty darn good pick. I think the main difference you'll see between Greenway and Hawk is that Greenway will lose alot of one on one battles esspecially early. You'll see guys break tackles and throw pancake blocks on him but he'll develop into a very, very good player after a few years.

Hawk will be great from day one and will be even better in a few years. Minn had the #17 so it was a pretty damn good pick.If I had to pick I would definately take Hawk.

falco
04-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Please god let us take Tamba Hali in the 2nd...

Scott Campbell

Ironically, that's just like the way we usually finish in the division too.

:lol:

Rastak
Please god let us take Tamba Hali in the 2nd...That 2 pick will be interesting....

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:04 PM

:lol:Hmm, been watching football since 1970 and that's not how I remmeber it most years..certainly not most recently.... :D

falco
04-29-2006, 02:05 PM

:lol:Hmm, been watching football since 1970 and that's not how I remmeber it most years..certainly not most recently.... :D

Rastak, I agree you've got a better team on paper right now. But I like the way Thompson is going about things now better than the Vikes. Whats your take?

Sparkey
Carpenter goes too the Cowboys

imscott72

He'll be gone by the time we pick...

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:06 PM
Cowboys take:

Bobby Carpenter
OLB, Ohio State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Has good speed and size with a frame to add bulk. Shows good body control and change-of-direction skills. Can turn and run with tight ends and running backs in man-to-man coverage. Drops quickly in zone coverage. Is tough with football smarts and awareness. Takes good angles to the ball, breaks down in pursuit and makes tackles in open field. Shows good blitz instincts and a closing pass-rush burst. Is versatile -- can play any of the linebacker spots and could play end on passing downs. Might fit best as an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme because of coverage range and pass-rush skills. Works hard, and shows a great attitude. Should contribute early on special teams.

Weaknesses: Must get stronger and play with better leverage at the point of attack. Allows blockers to get into his body; must learn to use hands and upper-body strength to shed blockers.

Bottom line: Carpenter has the versatility to back up several positions while he develops an ideal starting spot. While he still must get stronger, his unquestioned work ethic and high character leave little doubt that he will continue to improve. He projects as a late-Round 1 pick.

Dan Pompei analysis
Physical defender shows burst to the ball. Has good size, speed and instincts. Knows how to blitz. Anticipates plays well. Uses strong hands to ward off blockers. Defends the run well. Also can cover and rush the passer. Gets high strung and sometimes loses focus. Sometimes gets caught out of position.
No. 4 on Pompei's OLB rankings

Tarlam!
Damned Dallas! I was secretl hoping he'd get to our second...

Bretsky
So much for my hopes to get both Ohio State Backers.

Deputy Nutz
The Cowboys waste no time and take Carpenter.

I guess Carpenter isn't going to be available at 36.

falco

He'll be gone by the time we pick...

I hope not...he's dropping pretty far. I've seen a couple of mocks where he goes to Falcons or Chargers in the 2nd, well below our pick.

Of course those mocks mean nothing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Scott Campbell
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 2:05 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Hawk as a blitzer

Obviously, the Packers believe A.J. Hawk can be a big-play linebacker or they wouldn't have drafted him No. 1. A linebacker can make plays in the running game by striking with force and causing fumbles, or by taking on blockers and chasing backs down for tackles for losses. And it was partly Hawk's toughness and explsoiveness that sold Ted Thompson on drafting him.

But defensive coordinator Bob Sanders said he thought Hawk also had the potential to make plays as a blitzer. "He looks like he has the speed, the toughness, the athleticism to be a good blitzer," said Sanders. There's less reason to think that Hawk will make plays in coverage. Linebackers coach Winston Moss said that probably will be the toughest transition for Hawk. He has little experience in man-to-man coverage.

packrulz
04-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Lendale White might be there in the 2nd.

RashanGary
04-29-2006, 02:07 PM
Damn..I'm gonna have to refine my thoughts on LB's. I did not have this guy rated very high. He's good but holy crap..Is he gonna beable to play LB on the next level?

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:08 PM

Rastak, I agree you've got a better team on paper right now. But I like the way Thompson is going about things now better than the Vikes. Whats your take?Well, I like the Vikes offseason better than GB's. But Hawk and Woodson will make GB's defense very solid. Maybe better than Minnesota depending on coaching/schemes and such.

I think the nPackers really need to address their offense though and haven't to this point. I like the Vikes over the Pack next year but let's see how the draft plays out. Coaching staffs are the wildcard.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 02:08 PM

Bretsky, I was thinking the same thing for the Pack. And also I could see the Vikes going with both Iowa LB's and taking Hodge.

Sparkey
04-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Lendale White might be there in the 2nd.

The Los Angeles Daily News reports that former USC running back tested positive during an NFL-administered drug test, citing multiple unnamed sources.

"(The NFL) ain't worried about it," White said on Friday. "The issue's been addressed."

Although the Daily News cites several sources who claim that the positive test occurred at the February scouting combine, White's name wasn't on the list that was circulated to teams on or about April 21. The only two players listed on that, um, list were LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten and Missouri State kicker Jon Scifres.

Indeed, information regarding the positive results at the combine typically isn't disseminated the day before the draft.

"If it's out, it's got to be a combine test," a source with knowledge of NFL drug testing told the Daily News. "Some teams also give their own tests but those are at individual workouts and no one releases those."

Regardless of when the sample was collected, White is officially scuh-rewed.

White showed up for his pro day on April 2 and engaged in no activities beyond the 225-pound bench, in which he threw up an abysmal 15 reps.

Strike one.

He later disclosed that he has a torn hamstring, as diagnosed by a chiropractor. Though it was suggested in some media reports that White would get confirmation from a medical doctor with a specialty regarding hamstring injuries, confirmation never came.

Strike two.

Positive drug test?

Caught looking. Strike three.

The only question now is whether White takes his medicine like a man -- or whether he throws the bat at someone.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:10 PM

Bretsky, I was thinking the same thing for the Pack. And also I could see the Vikes going with both Iowa LB's and taking Hodge.Absolutely. I'm 100% for it.

Anti-Polar Bear
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 2:05 p.m.

Linebackers coach Winston Moss said that probably will be the toughest transition for Hawk. He has little experience in man-to-man coverage.

Exactly why you dont draft a LB like Hawk with the 5th overall pick. If you do, then your GM stinks.

Tarlam!

What about Schlegel? Could he move outside?

Prolly get him in the 6th.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Hawk
Sims
Wimbely
Greenway
Carpenter.

Five outside linebackers are off the board.

Scott Campbell
04-29-2006, 02:15 PM
SATURDAY, April 29, 2006, 2:08 p.m.

By Cliff Christl
Promotion for Manning

For now, second-year veteran Roy Manning is No. 1 on the Green Bay Packers' depth at strong-side linebacker, according to linebackers coach Winston Moss. The Packers also will start out with A.J. Hawk playing on the weak side and Nick Barnett remaining in the middle.

Tarlam!
04-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I am really disappointed about our compensatory picks. I was hoping for at least a 4th, more like a 3rd.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Chargers take Cromartie from FSU

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Good pick by the Chargers....man I did want this guy b ut Minnesota needed an OLB much more....

Antonio Cromartie
CB, Florida State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Has excellent speed. Consistently uses his height, long arms and athleticism to easily jam and redirect receivers. Shows good footwork and fluid hip movement in man-to-man coverage. Shows outstanding instincts. Outjumps receivers, and uses strong hands to challenge for passes. Contributes well in run support. Has played wide receiver and could return kicks.

Weaknesses: Relies too much on pure talent; must improve technique. Is slow to recognize routes in zone coverage; must learn to better anticipate routes. Gets turned around by receivers, and struggles to find the ball after recovering. Has durability concerns; tore a knee ligament in July of '05 and did not play last season.

Bottom line: Cromartie is big, talented and has track speed. He was a sure first-round pick before last summer's knee injury. Despite missing the '05 season, he gave up his senior year of eligibility -- against Florida State coach Bobby Bowden's advice -- and a chance to add experience and prove his health. Cromartie is a boom-or-bust prospect. If 100 percent, he can become an NFL playmaker. If his knee is sound, Cromartie could move into the first round.

Dan Pompei analysis
Sat out the '05 season with a torn ACL and has only one college start. Has the size, speed and athleticism of fellow FSU alum Deion Sanders. Has long arms. Has an outstanding pre-draft workout -- one of the best ever by a cornerback. Shows tremendous ball skills. Plays bump-and-run coverage better than off-coverage. Is an explosive tackler. Plays high, and shows a ragged backpedal. Is a little stiff in hip movements. Has a lot to learn. If he had stayed in school for senior year, could have been a top-five pick. Is somewhat of an unknown.
No. 3 on Pompei's CB rankings

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
4 guys from the Seminole defense have already gone in the first round.

Bossman641
04-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Anybody else a little surprised that Chad Jackson hasn't gone yet? I'm getting the feeling that there's gonna be a run on offensive players (DeAngelo, Maroney, Jackson, Holmes) right before our second round pick comes up.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Anybody else a little surprised that Chad Jackson hasn't gone yet? I'm getting the feeling that there's gonna be a run on offensive players (DeAngelo, Maroney, Jackson, Holmes) right before our second round pick comes up.

I agree..We'll just miss out on some of these guys..Wouldnt it be great if Jackson snuck thru??

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Anybody else a little surprised that Chad Jackson hasn't gone yet? I'm getting the feeling that there's gonna be a run on offensive players (DeAngelo, Maroney, Jackson, Holmes) right before our second round pick comes up.Good qustion....shoudl Green Bay trade up and grab a WR like Jackson or Moss? Maybe one will fall to round two........

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Wow, ripping on Cromartie.

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I guarantee the Packers dont take Moss.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Wow, ripping on Cromartie.This dude will be a stud. And he isn't stupid, came out and got picked #19....lots o money

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 02:26 PM
I don't like any of the WR's in this draft. Moss might be good for special teams, but I wouldn't draft any of them before 3rd. Of course someone will though. hint hint

Homer Jay
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
With Leinart going to Arizona has Denny Green officially said that "Leinart was #1 on our draft board and we can't believe he was still available." Back in Minnesota it didn't matter who they drafted, he just couldn't believe that player was still there. That included the great Dimitrius Underwood at #29 in 1999. This time he may actually close to right.

mngolf19
04-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Wow, ripping on Cromartie.This dude will be a stud. And he isn't stupid, came out and got picked #19....lots o money

He's not stupid for coming out, but ESPN making him sound like a project and a reach. Greenway looking better for Vikes all the time.

Deputy Nutz
REACH!!!!!

imscott72
Darn Hali is gone...Figured he would be..

Rastak
Tamba Hali
DE, Penn State

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is explosive and built well with a low center of gravity. Shows good burst, and gets off the snap quickly. Plays with pop, and uses upper-body strength to avoid getting engulfed by offensive tackles. Holds his ground at the point of attack on the edge. Is a relentless pass rusher with double moves. Can blow up plays and quickly reach the quarterback. Has a nose for the ball in pursuit. Sheds blocks quickly, and makes the tackle.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal height and elite speed. Isn't powerful enough to bull rush. Is a bit slow to transition to pass rush after play-action fakes. Must learn to use hands better and expand pass-rush repertoire.

Bottom line: Despite limited size, Hali is a complete end who is accomplished at both defending the run and rushing the passer. He impressed coaches during Senior Bowl week, registering two sacks in the game. Though Hali might not post freakish workout numbers, he still should be drafted no later than the early second round.

Dan Pompei analysis
Is a crafty, determined pass rusher who relies on quickness and ability to redirect. Plays with strength and leverage. Intensity may be his best trait. Uses his hands well. Is not a speed rusher. Instincts are questionable. Gets hung up on blocks at times, and can be overpowered. Sometimes gets pushed around against the run. Maximizes his ability. Disappears in some games. Did not have a great workout.
No. 4 on Pompei's DE rankings

Deputy Nutz
04-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Kansas City takes Hali.

mngolf19
With Leinart going to Arizona has Denny Green officially said that "Leinart was #1 on our draft board and we can't believe he was still available." Back in Minnesota it didn't matter who they drafted, he just couldn't believe that player was still there. That included the great Dimitrius Underwood at #29 in 1999. This time he may actually close to right.

Denny is a good personnel guy, but sucks as a coach. And never says anything bad about his choices or decisions. He is full of crap.

Bossman641
i actually thought Hali was going to drop farther, but Herm Edwards was said to be very high on him.

Rastak
04-29-2006, 02:32 PM
You guys see that piece on Hali? I remember that civil war in Liberia (from tv and papers and a friend from Ghana). Nasty stuff. Good for him.

falco
04-29-2006, 02:32 PM
i actually thought Hali was going to drop farther, but Herm Edwards was said to be very high on him.

Packers should trade Walker and our 2nd for him ASAP...Hali is gonna be great.

imscott72
04-29-2006, 02:35 PM

Walker and our 2nd? Way way too much....

falco
04-29-2006, 02:36 PM

Walker and our 2nd? Way way too much....

Maybe, maybe not. Either way I'm being facetious, obviously he's out of the picture now. I just really wish we could have nabbed him.

motife
04-29-2006, 02:37 PM
New England on the clock...