PDA

View Full Version : Favre says this is his last season in Green Bay

BF4MVP
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
My friend told me that Brett Favre told 620 AM radio (I'm in Green Bay, so I can't hear it) that this is for sure his last season in Green Bay and that he will either retire at the end of the season or force a trade because he and TT don't get along.

Scott Campbell
05-15-2007, 11:06 PM
If that's how he really feels, Brett should just fire Ted.

digitaldean
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM
http://www.620wtmj.com/_content/sports/billmichaels/index.asp
_____
TUESDAY, May 15, 2007, 9:46 p.m.
Final 4?

Randy Moss isn’t a Green Bay Packer. The majority of us found out that fact on day two of the NFL Draft. Brett Favre and Bus Cook apparently found out a week to ten days earlier. According to a source, close to both the team and Brett, Bus Cook was informed of the Packers lack of interest in acquiring Moss prior to the draft. Cook then informed Favre of Ted Thompson’s choice not to pursue the controversial wide receiver. Upset at the lack of interest in bolstering the offense, but unwilling to believe that the Packers wouldn’t at the very least make a “play” for Moss, Favre decided to keep his feelings confined to those around him until draft day. After the announcement was made that indeed Moss was a Patriot and that it only took a 4th round draft pick to garner the services of the veteran receiver, Favre spouted to Cook that he ”wanted out”. He wanted to be traded to a team that would give him the opportunity to be a serious post-season contender.
Cook contacted Thompson and Brett’s displeasure was conveyed to the Packers GM.
It took Mike McCarthy to calm the waters, so to speak. McCarthy, after a week of trying to contact Favre, finally received a return phone call from the Packers signal caller. Favre told McCarthy that he’d be a man of his word and return to the Green Bay Packers. Favre admitted that he really didn’t want to part company with the storied franchise but that he’s more than frustrated with the team for not supplying him with the offensive talent to give him another legitimate shot at an NFC title.
Favre’s demands and discontent leaked to the media and that’s when the spin went into effect. In a statement released on the Packers website Favre stated, “I was frustrated a couple weeks back when Randy Moss was traded to New England. I never wanted to be traded and I don't want to be traded. I want to be in Green Bay. I want to finish my career as a Packer. Sometimes when I get frustrated I let my emotions get the better of me. As I said in February when I announced that I was coming back, I am excited about the young talent on our team and the improvements we're going to see from one year to the next. I really enjoy the young guys I'm playing with. I'm working hard down in Mississippi right now, rehabbing, and I plan to be in the best shape of my life. I look forward to playing with this team and seeing what we can do. I think we can be pretty good.”
According to 2 separate sources, their opinion is that if Favre plays well this season (2007) then he’ll return for another year but it will NOT be with the Green Bay Packers. If Favre doesn’t play up to his own expectations, he’ll walk away from the game, to his tractor in Hattiesburg and ultimately to that anticipated day when he slips on that gold jacket and unveils his bronze bust on the historic stage in Canton.
Enjoy this year Packers fans, this appears to truly be Favre’s last hurrah. Question, if the Packers finish the 2007 campaign 11-5 and play deep in to January, would that convince #4 to don the green and gold once again? We’ll have to wait and see.

Note: Lance Allan of Today’s TMJ4 is reporting that a spokesman for the Packers has stated that the upcoming mini camp is mandatory and that anyone not in attendance is subject to fine. As we all know, Brett has stated that he will NOT be attending the mini camp this weekend. He’s rehabbing his surgically repaired ankle and he’ll be attending the high school graduation of his oldest daughter.
___

If this is #4's last season, it is. I don't blame him for leaving if he does. But his latest comments that "I like to play in Green Bay, and I want to retire a Packer" will ring hollow just like so many other athletes.

I will remember the great memories he gave us, and hope this season will add to that.

Thompson's approach will either win him kudos or a kick in the a**. He is trying to run the team his way, but, man stop playing so conservatively to build this team! You have to mix things up a little bit in FA or via the trade market.

Wolf was able to add key parts to get the Packers a Super Bowl. (even though Wolf squandered his share of chances to get Brett TOP echelon players).

Most Packer fans are dreading the last game we see Favre play in the Green and Gold. Let's hope cooler heads prevail and the Packers make some real noise this season.

Joemailman
05-16-2007, 12:04 AM
There are no actual quotes from Favre saying it will be his last year in Green Bay, just opinions from unnamed sources. Brett's last quote on the matter is that he wants to retire a Packer. I'll go with that until Brett says something else.

BF4MVP
05-16-2007, 01:06 AM
I didn't even see that article when I posted this..I was just going by what my friend told me.

But you are correct, no actual quotes from Favre..

SD GB fan
05-16-2007, 01:07 AM
gotta go some time. wouldnt be surprised. but id still be sad, grew up watching this guy.

Kiwon
05-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Ha, that's what he said last year.

Brett doesn't know what he wants to do. He lives in the moment.

I bet he's an impulse buyer when he gets a new tractor. A John Deere salesman's dream.

packinpatland
05-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Come on, everyone knows he drives a 'Snapper'!

Fritz
05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Brett Favre lives in the moment and speaks from the gut. That's partly why we love him but also partly why he gets himself into hot water from time to time.

Packnut
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Brett Favre lives in the moment and speaks from the gut. That's partly why we love him but also partly why he gets himself into hot water from time to time.

True.

HarveyWallbangers
05-16-2007, 09:51 AM
My friend told me that Brett Favre told 620 AM radio (I'm in Green Bay, so I can't hear it) that this is for sure his last season in Green Bay and that he will either retire at the end of the season or force a trade because he and TT don't get along.

I don't believe this at all. This information would be all over the news. Plus, Brett seldom goes on the radio to give an interview like this. He does his weekly press conferences, and he'll occasionally talk to Madden or his annual golf event, but I find it hard to believe that Brett Favre went on the local radio station and said this. If that's what your friend said, then he's probably not very trustworthy.

PackerBlues
05-16-2007, 09:59 AM

I don't believe this at all. This information would be all over the news. Plus, Brett seldom goes on the radio to give an interview like this. He does his weekly press conferences, and he'll occasionally talk to Madden or his annual golf event, but I find it hard to believe that Brett Favre went on the local radio station and said this. If that's what your friend said, then he's probably not very trustworthy.

I find myself agreeing with Harvey More and more........your scaring me Harv.....your scaring me. :)

gbpackfan
05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Again, these SOURCES have all this inside info. that hardly ever comes true.

Brett will be a Packer until he RETIRES or the PACKERS TELL HIM HE IS NO LONGER A PACKER.

It is NOT Brett's decision to play for another team, it is the Packers. Unless Brett is waiting until 2010, he will be a Packer until he retires.

All that being said, I don't believe it for a minute. Favre did get angry and he did vent. It is over.

Brett Favre will retire a Packer, PERIOD!

Patler
05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
That appears to be from Bill Michaels blog.
The same guy who had "inside information" last year that a deal was made to bring Reggie Bush or whoever to Green Bay. He announced that as a "done deal" too, didn't he?

He is about as reliable for inside information as we are!

b bulldog
05-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Michaels is a a big mouth

BradStrand
05-16-2007, 11:01 PM
And a dumb ass. I can't stand that guy.

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
That article is a crock of donkey's dung. :)

After the backlash on Favre's venting over TT not being serious about acquiring Randy Moss. Getting the. . . Favre is only being a humane being damage control fr. TT.

Then saying as he always has:

That he doesn't want to be traded but rather retire a Packer, as he feels it's too late in his career to go to a different system.

Then deciding to report to mini-camp (mandatory or not for him?).

Favre (a certain first round HOFer) would not let his fans down by burning his bridges before the season begins.

He will suck it all up Packer fans and give all he can for us in 2007.

Will he retire after this season? It seems it's weighted in favor of just that.

Enjoy his play for whatever worth you can this season.

and PLEASE give that man a break. :)

GO PACKERS !!