PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's take.

packinpatland
05-16-2007, 02:48 PM
I think I like what King says.

If I were Coach McCarthy, I'd be clipping every single article written, and hi-lighting the quotes that mentions how the Packers are not going to win the Super Bowl this year.
Make it mandatory reading during training camp. Make it part of the grace they may say at team meals, broadcast it at revelry.
Make them mad......................mad enough to win.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/05/15/favre/index.html

Merlin
05-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Great Read...Thanks!

Packnut
05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Nothing like Bulletin board fodder to make the blood boil.

sepporepi
05-16-2007, 05:05 PM
...with Moss, Green Bay would be a serious contender for the NFC Central title this year.

Hmm, which year does he refer to :crazy: ?

I will bet a lot we won't win the NFC Central this year
:mrgreen:

packinpatland
05-16-2007, 05:11 PM
He was having a 'senior' moment. :)

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 10:11 PM
If the Packers go 2-14 I believe the heat will fall all over Ted Thompson.

It's clear to me that TT could have done alot more to avoid such a poor record. For whatever reason he dallied too much this off season and Packer fans arn't going to put up with very poor play in Ted's third season as our GM.

A 2-14 record describes very poor play.

It's his job as GM to establish a competitive team and at the same time allow that team to deal with any adversity by providing decent depth.

He is on record as saying that he wants to win now.

He is also on record as wanting depth on the defensive side of the ball and improving depth for our ST effort and that was his focus in last Aprils draft.

He is on record as saying that he has confidence that our RB's will get it done and that our TE's will rebound on a poor performance in 2006. He is on record as saying he expects our conditioning program will make our young players (OUR whole team) stronger.

This will be year two for the ZBS and for our coachs and players to fully adapt to the system and playbook.

We have to show alot better record than 2-14 for Ted Thompson's days in Green Bay to remain secure.

GO PACKERS !

oregonpackfan
05-17-2007, 10:18 PM
No way do the Packers fall anywhere near 2-14! If Favre stays away from injury, I think the Packers will be at least 8-8, or 10-6 at best.

woodbuck27
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
No way do the Packers fall anywhere near 2-14! If Favre stays away from injury, I think the Packers will be at least 8-8, or 10-6 at best.

I will be estatic if we finish 8-8. :)

It's really too early to tell.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2008, 06:13 AM
If the Packers go 2-14 I believe the heat will fall all over Ted Thompson.

It's clear to me that TT could have done alot more to avoid such a poor record. For whatever reason he dallied too much this off season and Packer fans arn't going to put up with very poor play in Ted's third season as our GM.

A 2-14 record describes very poor play.

It's his job as GM to establish a competitive team and at the same time allow that team to deal with any adversity by providing decent depth.

He is on record as saying that he wants to win now.

He is also on record as wanting depth on the defensive side of the ball and improving depth for our ST effort and that was his focus in last Aprils draft.

He is on record as saying that he has confidence that our RB's will get it done and that our TE's will rebound on a poor performance in 2006. He is on record as saying he expects our conditioning program will make our young players (OUR whole team) stronger.

This will be year two for the ZBS and for our coachs and players to fully adapt to the system and playbook.

We have to show alot better record than 2-14 for Ted Thompson's days in Green Bay to remain secure.

GO PACKERS !

lol

Lurker64
01-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I will be estatic if we finish 8-8. :)

How are you feeling now, Woodie?

MJZiggy
01-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Somehow I'm just not sensing the ecstasy... :huh:

packers11
01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
were is Woody :?:

cpk1994
01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
were is Woody :?:He is with Merlin in the Anti-TT clubhouse wondering what went wrong and consoling each other in a long emotional hug.